Go Back   Orlando Love > Orlando Love > Magazines/Periodicals/Online Articles
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old September 19th, 2006, 11:37 PM
mooee

Orlando Bloom writes a poem for SGI president Ikeda

I found this from a blog. Apparently she was reading world Tribune when it mentioned about Orlando writing to President Ikeda in Japan.

Quote:
With the sword of the Lotus Sutra at my side,
With integrity as my staff,
with you and all of the Buddhas of the 10 directions as my mentor,
With kosen-rufu as my goal, I will climb the mountainous path of the Mystic Law until I gaze out from the peak.
There I will ready myself with gratitude for the next adventure.
I look forward to climbing many mountains -
lifetime after lifetime at your side.

Sincerely, your disciple and friend,
Orlando

Last edited by Llyneth : September 20th, 2006 at 02:42 AM. Reason: sorry, can't link directly to LJ
Old September 19th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Gibboo

This was already posted somewhere guh I cant find it right now! Also I don't think we can link to LJ.
Old September 19th, 2006, 11:42 PM
mooee

ooops. sorry about that. feel free to lock it mods!
Old September 19th, 2006, 11:58 PM
mcamp81

Holy Gucamole Orlando...

*face plant*

LOL!
Old September 20th, 2006, 02:47 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Dair had posted this in the odds & ends thread with a pic or two of Orlando in Japan, if anyone wants to see them.

Thank you for sharing, mooee, but we don't allow direct link to LJ as gib said. I just copied the poem and put it in there instead.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old October 2nd, 2006, 03:26 AM
ShaoeyBeth777

That just breaks my heart... :*(
Old October 2nd, 2006, 05:06 AM
almarian

How did I miss this thread?

Although I like to squee over his gorgeousness, it's wonderful to be reminded that Orlando is much more beautiful inside than outside. What a wonderful, thoughtful man he is.
Old October 11th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Heavenly Goddess

Yikes, that's some DAMN good poetry! Orlando's quite the poet, indeed! He writes so beautifully!
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:40 PM
vmob84

I dunno if this has been posted, I couldn't even find this thread myself I had to ask...

its from someones blog so I won't post the link, but I think it was from a newspaper

Quote:
ORLANDO BLOOM VISITS SENSEI

FWD:

Hi Everyone, here's the gist of Orlando's visit to Japan to meet Ikeda Sensei & Mrs. Ikeda!

Met on July 30th this year (2006) when a delegation from SGI-UK memberswent to Japan.** Talented young man who was into arts, music and performance since young.** His mother was the one who starting practising, but his own turning point in faith came when he was 21 yrs old, when he fell from a three-storey height while in drama school.** Doctor told him he would not be able to walk again, as he injured hisspine, legs, and even arms, however with his mother, leaders and members' support, they based on prayers for him to change his karma.** Indeed, 12 days later, he was able to walk out of the hospital! Power of prayers!** That became his turning point in faith. The rest is history!** Not only did he continue his career, he showed great victories by proving himself in all the movies he acted.** Sensei reminded him on treasuring his mother who never gave up on him.** Sensei also encouraged him to live his life to the fullest, live his lifelike a magnificent drama.** Mrs Ikeda remarked that he has a charming smile, and Sensei says this is the smile that is emitted from one who has been through trials andtribulations in life.** Sensei encouraged him to "live true to himself, only when an actor issincere, and serious to each role, that he is able to portray the feelingsbehind each role he plays"** Sensei encouraged him to be a world-class artiste based on his unique mission.** Sensei even encouraged him saying that he wishes to see him again.** Orlando was very touched by Sensei's warm words of concern for him, shed tears and even mentioned that he wants to be born with Sensei again in lifetime after lifetime
Quote:
The various works of Orlando that he presented to Sensei. One of which even had his words, "Dear Sensei and Mrs Ikeda, these are the first beads I had, which broke whilst chanting with my mother. All my love, OB"

with Kate and Samantha

Quote:
Orlando presented Sensei with a drawing of Mt Fuji as a symbol that he will never be defeated and will stand as tall as Mt Fuji. Sensei said that Mt Fuji is the symbol of Japan, and the magnificient grandeur of Mt Fuji is the way to live!

Last edited by vmob84 : October 11th, 2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old October 11th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thanks, vmob!
Old October 12th, 2006, 12:21 AM
mooee

found this from world tribune. With the color version of Orlando handing him the picture of Mt. Fuji.

This issue covers SGI President Ikeda's visit and dialogue with actor Orlando Bloom: "'We are friends and comrades forever,' said President Ikeda. 'The playwright August Strindberg wrote: 'The actor must control the role and not let the role control him.' The important thing is to remain true to yourself. That's exactly what you are doing. You don't define yourself solely in terms of your profession as an actor, of your work -- that world is not enough for you. For you are dedicating your life to others, to society and to the eternal philosophy of Buddhism. That is a very noble, very admirable attitude. It is the most worthwhile kind of life there is.'
bloom

Orlando Bloom presents SGI President Ikeda with a painting of Mount Fuji.

Credit: Seikyo Press

"Mr. Bloom pledged to make a positive contribution by working to improve society and the world and to live up to the SGI leader's high expectations. 'Life is long,' replied President Ikeda. 'The important thing is to remain true to a lofty goal to the very end. And Buddhism enables you to adorn the final chapter of your life with brilliant success, just as the golden sun colors the sky in glorious crimson hues and beams of sublime light. To do so, you need to keep making efforts year after year and winning year after year. Success today doesn't automatically guarantee success tomorrow. Final victory is eternal victory. That's my advice to you as a friend.'"
Old October 12th, 2006, 10:57 PM
KerenG

Oh wow! What brilliant pictures. He looks so happy and smiley with his sensei.
Old October 13th, 2006, 01:16 AM
X-Ray Boxer Vision

Thank for bringing that! It's lovely.
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Gibboo

God he looks so happy in these pictures. I love the picture of Sam too she has such a cute smile. I love that he is Buddhist, I think it shines through him. He is just so kind to everyone.

I love that his sensei is giving him acting advice lol I wonder if he has seen Orlando act

slightly off topic but I would give anything to hear Orlando say the word whilst, it just sounds so sexy coming out of someone with a British accent. I get goose bumps whenever he says leverage in POTC. I have a word fetish I guess
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Thanks for the pictures vmob and mooee. He looks so skinny in that last picture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibboo
slightly off topic but I would give anything to hear Orlando say the word whilst, it just sounds so sexy coming out of someone with a British accent. I get goose bumps whenever he says leverage in POTC. I have a word fetish I guess
I have a word fetish too, Gib: I'd love to hear him say 'let's go to bed'!

~Gem~

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Dreamer

Gem... I think we will be needing to form an orderly line here. I would like to hear him say that as well.

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Gibboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiGirl
Gem... I think we will be needing to form an orderly line here. I would like to hear him say that as well.
LOL!! Yeah I would like to hear that as well! Well I would rather hear him say let me take a shower and then lets go to bed... or come join me in the shower... oh there is a lot of this I would like to hear him say. He introduced a man with the last name Cocks on the Oscars two years ago and my friend spliced it and made me a wave of him saying something .... I used to listen to that all the time
Old October 13th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibboo
LOL!! Yeah I would like to hear that as well! Well I would rather hear him say let me take a shower and then lets go to bed... or come join me in the shower... oh there is a lot of this I would like to hear him say. He introduced a man with the last name Cocks on the Oscars two years ago and my friend spliced it and made me a wave of him saying something .... I used to listen to that all the time
I bet...I think that I could manage to stir myself to take a shower with him..*shoves my way to the front of the line*

Old October 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Quote:
I bet...I think that I could manage to stir myself to take a shower with him..*shoves my way to the front of the line*
Hey! I was here first!

~Gem~

Old October 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiGirl
Hey! I was here first!

~Gem~
Shall we toss a coin? I don't want to have to wrestle with you...

Valiant effort to get back on topic....he has such a gorgeous smile in these pictures. Really looks like he is truly happy...

Old October 13th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Quote:
Shall we toss a coin? I don't want to have to wrestle with you...
What, not up for a bit of mud or jello wrestling?

~Gem~

Old October 13th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Dreamer

I am really having to restrain myself here...I am so wanting to say do you think he would like that...oops I said it. I think perhaps I should log off now??

Old October 13th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

He so would!

~Gem~

Old October 14th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Eowadia

Thanks!!! Great pics and he writes!!
Old October 14th, 2006, 02:48 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Methinks I am going to have to break out the big hose and spray Gem and Ki down.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*