Go Back   Orlando Love > Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction > Challenges

Old June 7th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Lost in his curls

Awwww..... What a sweet tale, Corrina! It really made me smile. Rivendell Painters, Decorators, AND Tortoise Repair. Cute way to work in the words to. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Lanta

PS - FLC - Thank you for your comments on my ghostly contribution.
Old June 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Lanta-Wow! I love the "unexplained" events. Like an angel was watching over him.

Corrinna- That was so touching. Being happy just by making someone else happy.

Still thinking about mine.
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
Ha, that was fun Corrinna - lucky old tortoise! Good use of the words there - Rivendell Painters hey? If they looked liked Leggy, they'd be millionaires, all those housewives suddenly needing jobs doing.

Good one.

cheers
Luna
xx
Thanks Luna, you are right about that! I wasn't really thinking about Leggy when I wrote it but It's the sort of caring, innovative kind of thing he would do. I like thinking about Leggy in modern settings, indeed in any setting really

Thank You Lanta and Krazymooncat, glad it made you smile. Comments really appreciated.

sig by Nenya Thanks so much....
Leaf-You are everything to me
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Krazy for the Elf

Title: My Wish
Author: Krazymoonkat
Disclaimer: Not extremely entertaining, but I did manage find an alternative use of the word Rivendell check out these beauties
Category: Original Work
Type: Drama
Rating: G
Characters: Original
Warnings: N/A
Brief Summary: Remembering what is important in life.

I was almost home.

Excitement swelled thought my chest as I spotted the sign. “Blossom farms 10 miles”. I smiled at the hand painted sign posted below. “Fresh eggs and hand churned butter”. It looked like it was due for a bit of fresh paint. A job that had been mine for as far back as I could remember.

Living so far away had made it hard for me to make the trip home as often as I would have liked. My job responsibilities had reduced the trips even more over the past few years. Each time I would call to say that I would not be making it home again, I could hear the disappointment in mom’s voice.

Things were going to be different now. I was heading home with a surprise.

As I turned to go up the long driveway, the sun was just starting to set. The angle of the setting rays made the fields look like a swaying sea of gold. I could see mom and dad out on the porch. Earl saw me first. The old retriever got up and ran towards me like a young pup. Mom and dad followed at a slower, but no less excited, pace, when they saw me.

After all the hugs and kisses, mom asked why I had not called first. She would have made something special for dinner. Then she started to head towards the house. Dad headed for the trunk of my car to start unloading my bags.

“Stop, both of you” I said. “There is no rush. I am not that hungry mom and my bags can wait dad. Why don’t we sit on the porch and watch the sun set?”

They both looked at me like I had grown a horn. Not understanding why their, forever in a rush and always busy, child wanted to do that, but neither said anything. We sat and enjoyed the activity that they had done every nice evening since the day they were married. After about 10 minutes, I decided to put their curiosity to rest.

“Mom, dad, I have come home to stay.”

Tears welled up in mom’s eyes. Dad was smiling bigger than I had ever seen. There were many questions asked. It was time to reveal part two of my surprise.

“Dad, come with me.” We left the porch and headed towards the car. “There is something in the trunk that I need a bit of help to get.”

The large carton that said “fragile” and “this way up” was set on the floor of the living room. “Go ahead mom, it’s for you, open it up” I said. Sitting down on the couch, I waited for her to get the box open and remove some of the packaging. The look on her face was priceless. Inside the box was something that she had dreamed of having, but never in her wildest dreams ever expected to get. A Rivendell chandelier, the same one from the picture she kept in a cookie jar along with her other wishes and dreams.

“Dad this is for you.” I handed him a manila envelope that I had gotten from the car when we brought in the box. He held on to the envelope just staring at it. “Come on dad, it’s not going to bite you. Just open it.” With shaking hands he tore open one end and let the contents fall out onto the coffee table. A set of keys clanked off the table underneath an owner’s manual for a Polaris Ranger. “It’s for going fishing and hunting dad.”

Finally I told them that I had won a decent amount of money in the lottery. Not millions, but enough to make a few wishes come true.

The next morning when I got up, I headed out to the barn to get some paint and brushes. That sign was not going to paint it’s self. I considered replacing it with a store bought one, but I could not do it. Coming home was my wish and that sign was part of what it meant to be home.
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Imagination Rules!

Ah tender and sweet Kat, just lovely and those chandeliers are simply exquisite - me wants one!!

REally enjoyed that - nice to slow down hey.

Thanks.

Luna
xx

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old June 11th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Lost in his curls

Yeowza! Me wants one of those pretty shiny things.

That was a wonderful post, Kat! I loved the tender "homey" feel of it. And oh... the idea of just unplugging and living a simple life definitely has its appeal.

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Lanta
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

That was lovely Kat. I liked the old dog coming to greet her.

sig by Nenya Thanks so much....
Leaf-You are everything to me
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:15 PM
besotted with buttons

aww thats sweet Kat! This is a lovely line
Quote:
The old retriever got up and ran towards me like a young pup. Mom and dad followed at a slower, but no less excited, pace, when they saw me.
Has a wealth of information and emotion. good to have some dreams come true
Thank you for that X
It is so good to see the different things people come up with!

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Nuit I think I commented on yours in LJland.

Lanta that was quite something, wasn't expecting that!

That was great Corrinna.

That was lovely Kat, really lovely.
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:20 PM
besotted with buttons

you did Avs! thank you for that- I find it really touching that you are spending so much time catching up with all these stories, is good to have you back here X

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction