Go Back   Orlando Love > Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction > Challenges

Old April 21st, 2008, 07:58 AM
Imagination Rules!

Three Word Challenge 2 - Venice/Camel/Spatula - General

Calling all Scribblers - Time for a new Challenge!

We've had fun with these before - this time we're offering three words supplied by Avalon Mists and beautifully captioned by KrazyMoonKat.

The three words Spatula/Venice/Camel have to be incorporated into a short story/poem/drabble/whatever. It can be fan fiction based or wholly original, bearing in mind the Board rules about no Real Person Fiction, of course.

Nuit & Ki touched down in Oz this morning after marking their territory in NZ and joined Gem ready for their Kelly adventure - I'll be joining them next week. Why am I telling you this? So that you know that four writers will be absent for some time and we're depending on our other brilliant Scribblers to be as wonderfully creative as we know you can be, and have lots of captivating posts for us to enjoy when we get back. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

This will be posted in both General & Mature sections so everyone can join in. Have fun!

cheers
Luna
xx

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old April 24th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Ok....lame...blame it on the prego brain.

Title: Happy Anniversary
Author: Krazymoonkat
Disclaimer: N/A
Category: Original Work
Type: romance
Rating: PG 13
Characters: OMC and OFC
Warnings: light suggestion of violence
Brief Summary: happiness, humor and surprises even after so many years of marriage.

bzzzzzzzz.......Bzzzzzzzzzzz.........BZZZZZZZZZZZ. ........

Crap! I thought as I rolled over and swatted at the alarm. Nothing worse than forgetting to turn it off for the one day of the week I get to sleep in! I rolled back over to find myself just inches away form Gary’s sparkling eyes.

“Good morning my grumpy bunny,” he said with a grin, “how about some breakfast in bed today?”

“Umm....that sounds nice,” I sighed and snuggled into my pillow.

“Here,” he said “I got this for you as an early anniversary gift, but you can use it today. I’ll have 2 eggs, over easy and brown toast.”

Opening one eye I reached out and grabbed at the gift. A spatula with a red ribbon tied around it! “I can see the headlines now... “Wife goes bezerk and thrashes husband of 10 years with a spatula, then proceeds to make herself breakfast.”

Laughing, Gary grabbed the spatula back. “I guess I’ll go and get breakfast. I don’t want to be responsible for crimes against kitchen utensils. You stay here I’ll run to the corner for coffee and Danishes.”

The aroma of the fresh coffee waffling past my nose was what woke me up again. So much better than that nasty alarm. “Thank you,” I said as I sat up.

Gary plumped up a pillow behind my back and handed me the crossword puzzle out of the paper, then settled down beside me with the sports section. These peaceful moments are my favorite part of the years we have been together.

“Hon?”

“Yes?”

“5 letters, ends with an “L”, Smoking one hump or two.”

“Camel.”

“Oh yeah, thanks.”

“Since you didn’t like the spatula, have you given any thought of what you might like for our anniversary?”

“How about another 10 years?”

“Too easy hon. Here you look through the adz and see if anything catches your eye. Make it something good that we can brag to the neighbors about.”

“Hey look, washer/dryer sets are on sale,” I pointed out, “or, how about a new vacuum?”

Gary raised one eyebrow and chuckled. “One hour ago you were ready to commit a crime over a kitchen utensil and now you want appliances?”

I snuggled up close to him. “You know all I really need is you.”

It was then that I noticed the strange envelope between two flyers. “What’s this?” It had my name on it. I carefully opened the flap. Inside was a pamphlet for an all inclusive trip to Venice and two return fair plane tickets.

I could only stare, speechless.

“So, how about a new wardrobe to pack in your suitcase?”...................
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Lost in his curls

Quote:
Wife goes bezerk and thrashes husband of 10 years with a spatula

Short, sweet, and funny Kat! Thanks for sharing.

Lanta
Old April 25th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Imagination Rules!

Aw, what a happy couple - I LIKE Gary, what a guy. that was lovely and loving and sweet and tender and just the best start to the challenge.

Thanks Kat, I loved that. Nice enjoyable easy read.

cheers
Luna
xx

COME ON everyone, I want LOTS to come home to!!

Old April 27th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Inspired by him

Title: A Belated Honeymoon
Author: Telcontar Rulz
Category: Pirates of the Caribbean
Rating: PG (for kissing)
Summary: Will comes home. There's a celebration...and the pirates bring presents.
Characters: Barbossa, Elizabeth Swann, Jack Sparrow, Pintel, Ragetti, William Turner II, William Turner III
Disclaimer: All the characters mentioned here belong to Disney. They’re not mine. I’m just borrowing them for this occasion.

The sea lapped the shores of New England calmly. A woman and her son waited expectantly on the top of a grassy cliff. The briny smell of the sea always brought back memories for her. It had been ten years; ten long lonely years.

A flash of green lit up their faces. Her smile widened. Her son looked up at her excitedly. On the calm seas, a ship suddenly materialized, sailing towards them. Will was home. Elizabeth ran down to the beach to greet him, gripping her skirts in her fists to stop them from tripping her up. There he was, as young as he’d been when he’d left her. Everything else seemed to fade away. She could only see Will, her Will. And then she was in his arms. She clung to him, still not sure whether this was real or just a dream. “Oh Will,” she whispered. No words were needed to convey their emotions. She felt his arms around her. He was sweaty, salty, solid. Hot tears ran down her cheeks, and she buried her face in his shirt.

“I’m back, Elizabeth,” he said. “I’m back and I'm staying for good.”

That night, as the reunited Turners were talking over dinner and laughing at each others exploits, there came a loud banging on the door. “Lizzie, open up!” said a familiar voice. There stood Captain Jack Sparrow, the most notorious pirate of the seven seas, self-proclaimed. He had a large crate in his arms and when he moved, the tell-tale clinking of glass bottles issued from within. His grin widened when he saw Will.

“William, how good to see you,” he said, setting his crate down in the middle of the dinner table.

“It’s good to be back, Jack,” said Will. He pointed at the crate of rum. “You came especially, didn’t you?”

“Wot?” said Jack innocently. “Nah, just happened to be passin’ by, savvy, so I thought I’d drop in and see dear ole Lizzie. Didn’t expect you to be here too.”

“Jack, you’re a dishonest man, and I can always trust you to be dishonest,” said Will, shaking his head while suppressing a laugh. “Trust me, I know when you’re lying.”

“Now you’re just being insulting, William.”

“You came with a crate of rum, intending to celebrate something, and let’s see, wouldn’t it be my return?”

“I can honestly say that I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Why, I think ye do,” drawled a voice from the doorway. “Welcome back to the world of the Livin’, Captain Turner.” They all whipped around to see Barbossa and the rest of his crew. Ragetti and Pintel waved. The old pirate strode into the house. His authoritative presence seemed to fill the room. That was until Willie launched himself at him.

“Cap’n! Did you bring me any presents, did you? Mama got me a pirate coat last week, cos I wanted to look like an ab-so-lute rogue…”

Barbossa sighed and like a doting grandfather, listened patiently to Willie’s monologue until Elizabeth lured him away with the promise of cake and extra icing. All the while, the Barbossa and Jack were holding a hostile staring contest and the rest of the Black Pearl’s crew were whispering amongst themselves. Finally, Jack broke off the staring contest to take a swig from a bottle of rum.

“Well, Mrs. Turner,” said Barbossa. He cleared his throat. “To celebrate yer belated marital bliss, we’ve got somethin’…” he trailed off, looking embarrassed by this show of affection for this young couple who’d earned his respect. He was saved from more embarrassment when two of his crew (which neither Elizabeth nor Will recognized) carried in a rolled up rug with intricate eastern designs.

“Oh, it’s beautiful!” breathed Elizabeth, running her hands over the smooth silky surface and examining the bright vivid colours.

“It’s made from camel hair,” Ragetti informed her. “One of those famed Persian rugs, y’know.”

Will raised an eyebrow. Barbossa seemed to be the least likely person to go rug-shopping. The old pirate noticed his expression. “A gift from me old friend off the Barbary coast,” he said. “It took a bit of forceful persuasion.”

“Me ‘n’ Rag got ya this,” said Pintel, producing a spatula. “Seein’ as the cap’n’s back, you might need to cook him things, poppet.”

Jack sniggered while Elizabeth rolled her eyes. They all knew just how well Elizabeth could cook. “Well, I’d like to see you cook something,” she muttered darkly.

“Aw, come on, luv,” said Jack. “Don’t get angry on this happiest of days. How about I make it up to ya?”

“With what?” she said, latching on to Will. “I’ve got everything that I could possibly want.” At that, Will grinned and kissed her on the lips, with Willie saying “Eww!” very loudly in the background.

“Well, considering you two have not had a honeymoon yet, I thought I’d take you to Venice in me ship!” said Jack with a flourish.

“What ship?” said Elizabeth. The last she’d heard, Jack’s glorious vessel had been a leaky dinghy, which he’d stolen.

“The Black Pearl, of course!” said Jack indignantly. Why did everyone think of Barbossa as the Pearl’s captain?

“The Pearl is my ship, Sparra,” said Barbossa.

“No it’s not.”

“Tis so!”

“Tis not!”

Will laughed. Some things just didn’t change, not even after a decade. And he was glad.

Last edited by Telcontar Rulz; April 27th, 2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old April 27th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Imagination Rules!

Well, that was fun! Clever way to get the words in there Fran, and nice to see a happily reunited Will & Liz! I've always loved Barbossa, good on him for dropping by with a camel hair rug no less.

Another great addition to our challenge, these are hard words to string together and you're all doing brilliantly - just think what a treat it will be for our returning Kelly girls when they get home with all this fun stuff to read.

Keep it coming everyone.

cheers
Luna
xx

Challenge: Three Word Challenge – General – May 2008
Title: Dennis the Menace
Author: Auroraluna Stormdancer
Disclaimer: I’ve already warned you it’s lame…it just popped into my head
Rating: G
Author’s Notes: I have a better one to post when I get back, but wanted to pop something in to keep the momentum going….thought I'd try my hand at a limerick (probably not the best idea I've ever had, but there you go...)

DENNIS THE MENACE

There was a young boy in Venice
Who was named, quite simply, Dennis
He was born in a boat
That was barely afloat
And he grew into quite a young menace.

The nickname he had was quite odd
He was named for the shape of his bod
His length was quite flat
His head round and fat
So “Spatula” he was, the poor sod

He had a most favourite mammal
It was, quite strangely, the camel
Other creatures he scorned
All his clothes they adorned
His favourite his PJ’s of flannel

He grew up to punt in a Gondola
And was known as a notorious fondler
For his hands, they were rife
Young ladies found strife
And went straight from his boat to a counsellor

Last edited by Stormdancer; April 27th, 2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Lost in his curls

Telcontar - Awww... Lovely to see that bit of byplay with ye ol' pirate gang, though I never thought of Barbosa as a grandfatherly type. You had me grinning with that argument at the end!

Luna - You're this month's limerick lady! And a fine job you did too, considering the words you had to use. Well done!

Thanks for sharing, ladies.

Lanta
Old April 30th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Dreamer

Kat that was a lovely story and your Gary is quite the guy...glad that he had a back up plan for that spatula...

Fran that was great - made me smile and was lovely to see the gang all together, now if only Jack would take me to Venice.

Luna....I am sure that you do more mature limericks, in fact I would put money on it....

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old May 3rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

How have i missed this thread, they're all so very good!

Kat: I loved you're one, the headline made me laugh, it sounds like something I'd do!

Luna: Limericks always make me giggle and I found that one particularyly funny! Great work!

Telcontar: Nice little reunion one there with a very clever use of the three words! Well done!
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Imagination Rules!

Thanks guys for the comments - here's the real one as promised...

Challenge: Three Word Challenge – General – May 2008 “Camel/Venice/Spatula”
Title: Camel Calamity
Author: Auroraluna Stormdancer
Disclaimer: Apologies for the “happy ever after” ending…but I couldn’t resist
Rating: G
Author’s Notes: I wanted to play with a ‘conversation only’ piece…hope it works. And of course, we all know who Oliver Green REALLY is, don’t we???

Thanks to the irrepressible Krazymoonkat for this brilliant banner! *hugs*

CAMEL CALAMITY

“So there I am right, looking this beast fair in the eye and trying to psyche it out, when it gobs up and spits at me. Right in the eye. Dead shot. From three metres, I kid you not.”

“Three metres? That’s impressive. It’s also high on the yeuch scale.”

“Tell me! Sticky and stinky and masses of it. Of course Robbie was laughing fit to burst so I flicked the residue at him. Should have heard the shriek! Served him right. So I’m standing there, right, wondering what the hell I was thinking to take the damn bet in the first place when Robbie sidles over, wiping his hands delicately on his pants and trying hard not to shudder, and hands me the bridle. So I’m looking at this piece of leather with dangly bits all over it, little bells and coins adorning the side straps and little glass beads interwoven across the head piece. To be honest, it was really pretty, but it must have cost a bomb. Robbie, of course, always knows how to embellish any situation and had had it flown out specially for the event, the daft nutter. Finest leather, real Arabian decoration, with the highest quality Venetian glass beads woven here and there to make it extra special.”

“Venetian? Like from Venice?”

“The very same. Like I said, it cost a bomb. He’d obviously been planning it for months and like the sucker I am, I fell for it. And this camel, this smelly, woolly disgusting animal is sizing me up for a second launch and I’m wondering how many bars of soap I’ll have to go through to remove the stench from me afterwards. That was, of course, if there was any water out there for bathing. Talk about a dust bowl. And flies! In their millions all trying to land on my face at the same time. If they’d managed, I’d have probably fallen over from the weight of them. Of course, this damn camel then takes the dump of its life time right then and there and proceeds to flick the juicy bits caught on the end of its tail, deliberately I’ve always said, at the pair of us, and batting those long lashes as though butter wouldn’t melt in it’s mouth.

‘And you want me to ride this monster?’ I asked Robbie and he just smirked and bobbed his head, confident that he knew me well enough to know I’d end up doing it, regardless.”

“How long have you two been friends then?”

“Since forever. We grew up together, same street, next door neighbours. S’funny really, I was the one that had the dreams of fame and fortune, stardom on the stage and he’s the one that ends up living my dream. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy enough with my little fill in pieces, and I’ll never be the next Meryl Streep, but Robbie, he’s got it, you know? Looks, charm, deadly sense of timing. And a humour and quick wit that kept him safe growing up in Australia. Kids like him got beaten up regularly, just because it was the thing to do back in our day, there was none of this modern tolerance back then. But he made everyone laugh, and everyone liked him, despite their prejudices and he kept clear of most of the nastiness. And then suddenly he’s on stage himself, wowing audiences and making a name for himself and the rest is history really. And then that project came along and he figured he’d have some fun.”

“And you lost the bet.”

“Big time. So this camel race was my second chance. If I went through with it, he was going to use his influence to get me on set and a mini role in the film. You have to understand, any other film and I’d probably have passed the whole camel race by and just gone and got another job waiting tables while Robbie did his thing, but when he dangled working alongside Olly Green, my ultimate male, and having the chance of actually meeting him and getting to know him…well, I’d have done just about anything.”

“So you did it then?”

“Ah, just wait, I’m getting there. So there we were, slap bang in the middle of nowhere, deep in Alice Springs at this place called Blatherskite Park, facing these enormous beasts that are temperamental, selfish, unpredictable and smelly and that’s on a good day. And they can spit like a demon, of course. And I’ve turned to Robbie and said something like, ‘If I fall off this beast, or get trampled or even break a nail, man am I going to pulverize you. I am going to smear your remains over this entire corral, you are going to be so flattened, they are going to need a spatula to scoop you up with afterwards.’ And he makes that face, you know the one, where he’s trying not to laugh and look mock scared at the same time, like when he meets someone’s Mother for the first time? He’s always secretly comparing facial features and mannerisms with the people he knows to their parents and at the same time, trying not to say the wrong thing despite what his mouth wants to do. So, I’m still wondering just how I actually get up on the damn thing when he holds out this second package and waggles his eyebrows at me and says, ‘Ok sweetie. Double or nothing. I’m offering a reprieve here.’ Now I know Robbie Blake, no-one on this earth knows him better than me…”

I’d like to know him better than you…”

“You can try, but sigh over him all you like, he’s not on your team girlfriend. Anyway, I’m pretty sure by now that whatever is in that package is going to make my life pretty unbearable, should I lose again, so I’m really torn about whether or not to take the chance. ‘Come on, Danielle,’ he says, ‘I know how much you want to meet Oliver. So I’m going to make this easy for you. If you can tell me which of those jackaroos behind me…no, don’t look now…God woman, just concentrate and practice some tact. If you can tell me which one of those fine men knocked on my door late last night after giving me the eye in the pub, and who, I might mention, left with a very big smile on his face this morning, then I’ll let you off the hook and you can forego the race. BUT, if you get it wrong, you have to wear this while you’re riding.’ He shakes the package again, which by the way was rather small and I was very, very dubious about it. ‘If that’s a bikini, funny man, I’ll not only be smearing you, but looking for a flame thrower afterwards, just to make sure.”

“How many did you have to choose from? The cowboy men thingies?”

“Jackaroos? Only three. And I know Robbie well, I mean, it looked like a cinch, the one in the middle being all small and lean and blonde and looking like he didn’t need to shave, but let the cows lick the facial hair off his cheeks of a morning. He was a dead cert, particularly as one was a red head with freckles and tombstone teeth and the other was huge, and dark and bearded and hairy and a real man’s man. I ruled him out straight away, he kept stealing glances at my boobs every now and then. So I was down to the two of them and I know Robbie’s tastes, you know? So, stupid me says ‘yeah, okay, you’re on. I’m not really keen to impale myself on a bouncing hump if I don’t have to and Pretty & Blonde over there is watching us, or probably you, or probably your bum, right now. This is a no brainer.’ And Robbie just grins and hands me the package and says, ‘Here you go, brainless. I’m so glad I brought my camera with me. Wouldn’t miss this for the world.”

“What? Not the blonde guy then?”

“Nope. Could have knocked me down with a feather. ‘Which one then? Surely not Blue over there, he’s frankly more interested in admiring the camels, judging by his expression.’ And Robbie just about pees himself as he fills me in on the details of his love tryst with the big and burly black haired guy, a closet gay, but obviously up for a bit when on offer. Unbelievable.”

“So, come on, I’m dying here, what was in the package?”

“Well, it wasn’t a bikini, but it was close and Robbie made sure the camel was between us while I unwrapped it. You remember that show, ‘I Dream of Jeannie’? You remember that harem outfit Barbara Eden wore, the filmy pants, the cropped bodice top and the little veiled hat?”

“He didn’t!”

“He bloody did. You have to understand our relationship, we’ve been pulling pranks on each other for years, and it’s a challenge thing, the dare game, neither of us able to wuss out and lose face, you know? So when he dangled that chance of meeting Olly in person, I just jumped right in, knowing I’d have to follow through if I lost. So there I was, stuck in dusty old Alice, watching this behemoth chewing its cud and quietly calculating angles and thrust and mass and volume in its pea brain, gearing up for its next spit attack; the same animal I had to somehow climb up on and race around the Central Australian Show Society Grounds, hanging on for dear life, and trying not to let my boobs bounce out of the top of my almost clothing. ‘You’re not lying to me, are you?’ I asked him, but I knew he wasn’t, we never lie to each other, ever, except for that one time when some rotten kid in our street told me that Santa wasn’t real and Robbie tried really hard to mend my broken heart. Lied his head off that day, and got me another two years of blissful ignorance before reality set in and I knew that the Fat Man was really my parents in disguise. But other than that, straight as a die, well, at least in that way, that’s my Robbie.”

“Wouldn’t mind seeing those pictures…”

“Well, don’t worry, Robbie has one in his wallet at all times. Just ask him, he loves showing it off. Anyway, I finally found somewhere to change into this outfit, with its veils and tinkling waist coins – I could easily have passed for one of the Belly Dancers they have there as entertainment, and I have to say, it was a great outfit. Just not exactly right for riding camels though. Blue and Pretty & Blonde nearly swallowed their tonsils when they saw me coming back, or rather heard me, all the damn bells and coins made such a racket and the bodice even had some matching Venetian Glass beads sewn in, just for the full effect and the camel seemed to like me even less then, especially when the light caught the beads and blinded it. By that time though, he matched me, Robbie having somehow managed to wrangle the damn bridle over its head while I was away. So finally the race is called, and the handler wanders over, smirking his head off at me and prods this monster with a stick until it kind of just folds up and ends up sitting on the ground. ‘On you get love, old ‘Gnash’ is a wily old bugger, but he’s a runner, this one, so you’ve got good odds on a win, or a place at any rate,’ says this gnarled old country guy that’s seen enough sun in his lifetime to give a skin cancer specialist a coronary. ‘Gnash?’ I ask him, realizing the butterflies in my stomach have suddenly become wasps, ‘why ‘Gnash’?’ ‘Oh, cause he’ll take a piece of you away as a souvenir if you get too close. He spits and grunts and bites like a Bevan on angel dust, and that’s when he’s in a good mood. He’s kind of quiet today…’ You can imagine just how much that put my mind at ease. Anyway, Robbie kind of pushed me forward then, I could feel his hands shaking on my back, and it wasn’t fear for me, it was simply laughter, and between them I managed to get a leg over its wide back and get myself seated in the saddle. Weird contraption, built to sit kind of over and behind the hump and really not at all comfortable. And then, without any warning, the old guy clucks at ‘Gnash’ and gives him a prod for good measure and suddenly my bums up in the air, and I’m hanging onto this thing’s neck in a desperate bid not to somersault over its head. Then bam, I’m flung back in the saddle as it unfolds its forelegs and heaves itself to its feet. No-one bothered to warn me it’s like riding the world’s most lethal see-saw when those things rise off the ground. And God, they’re so high. The handler walks us over to the starting line, and I’m trying to ignore the looks I’m getting and the hysterical laughter and shaking camera lens that Robbie is firing in my direction and then all of sudden, bang goes the starter gun and off we go. Well, most of the fifteen or so camels took off, some just ignored the whole thing and bellowed their displeasure, one sat down so suddenly his rider fell off into the dust and me…”

“Yeah?”

“Well, ‘Gnash’ took off alright, but in the complete opposite direction. And man, could he run! So I’m bouncing atop this out of control, completely insane camel, that has no sense of direction and a burning need, obviously, for freedom, disappearing out of the Show Grounds, Belly Dancer’s scattering in a colourful cloud of multi-hued veils, stall owners diving behind their wares and me trying to stay upright and hanging on for dear life and making enough noise, with all the jingling and jangling of bells and coins, to drive Gnash mad and keep him galloping flat out for the open plains. I hated that animal. I hate camels, period. I felt like I’d bitten my tongue clean off, I could feel my brain bouncing around in my skull and knew that couldn’t be a good thing, I lost a stirrup and was slipping sideways and my breasts were threatening to knock me senseless.”

“Oh my God…”

“Yeah, I was praying to him too. And behind me, although I didn’t know it because I was too focused on staying in the damn saddle and trying to haul the mile long reigns far enough back to stop that bolting spawn of the devil, were about a dozen Jackaroos giving chase on their horses to try and herd him round and back the way he should be going. They finally managed to turn him, with lots of whooping and hat waving, and there I was thinking it was all finally over, but no….once I was back, I had to finish the race, alone, a dusty, panic-stricken Genie girl, screaming at the top of her lungs and ready to kill her best friend in the most painful way possible….I even remember wondering where I might find a spatula out there and figured the pancake tent was the most likely place.”

“What a pity no-one got that on film. You’d have won Funniest Home Videos right there.”

“Oh yeah, hilarious. Anyway, I didn’t win, I didn’t even get a place. And the damn camel actually bit me on the butt once I managed to unhook my fear frozen fingers from the reigns and dismount. I had the bruise for weeks. But Robbie was true to his word…and I got the walk on part in that huge blockbuster, and I met the man of my dreams and got to know him…and I ultimately got my revenge on Rob, with Olly’s help.”

“Oooh, what did you do?”

“Oh, well, the story I just told you? That’s the story of how I first got the chance to meet Olly. Danielle’s Revenge forms part of the ‘How Olly and I became an Item’ and that’s a whole other entertaining little adventure.”

“Well, come on then, don’t keep us hanging…”

“Oh, no. They need us on set in five, haven’t time now. Remind me later…I’ll tell it to you after the Wedding next week, at our Reception dinner. Olly always loves to hear it and he can fill in his bits, before we head off on our honeymoon (to fill in my bits, if you get my meaning and yes, I’ve packed the Harem outfit, Olly loves it so) – we’re going back to where the Revenge all took place…and I have THAT picture in MY wallet!”

THE END

Last edited by Stormdancer; September 11th, 2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Dreamer

hehe Luna. Great use of the three and I had these fantastic mental pictures in my head all the while I was reading, lots of chuckling going on here. And the happy ending - well that made me smile too

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old May 5th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Lost in Kelly Country

Oh Luna, you're just priceless!Thanks for the entertainment!

~Gem~

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Imagination Rules!

Glad you liked it girls - thanks heaps as ever for your comments - big hugs.
cheers, Luna
xx

Old May 7th, 2008, 06:08 PM
besotted with buttons

Thanks for posting the challenge Luna- and for the FAB artwork Kat!
Quote:
Opening one eye I reached out and grabbed at the gift. A spatula with a red ribbon tied around it! “I can see the headlines now... “Wife goes bezerk and thrashes husband of 10 years with a spatula, then proceeds to make herself breakfast.”
hehehehehe Kat! Excellent! I love it- sweet and personal and lovely. Your (now no longer) preggers brain is a sweet place.

Quote:
Will raised an eyebrow. Barbossa seemed to be the least likely person to go rug-shopping. The old pirate noticed his expression. “A gift from me old friend off the Barbary coast,” he said. “It took a bit of forceful persuasion.”
Love how you hold all of the characters in the conversations Telcontar- very clever, and very inventive too! *claps*

Luna- love the limerick! Will be back to read the other bit X

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM
besotted with buttons

Luna, Luna, amazing what an imagination can do with three little words huh? A whole world of relationships and conversations and all. fantastic stuff. I really liked how you built it up, the skill of a story teller. And well i think she deserved him after that escapade!!
great contribution

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old May 9th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Lost in his curls

Luna!

I loved it! The visuals, the banter, the story... and oh that revenge. All ending with a wedding to Orly Olly. Wonderful!

And can I just say that I have never fancied the idea of riding a camel either?

Thanks for sharing!

Lanta
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:37 AM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Very entertaining reading. Well done you lot. Especially Luna So when can we expect to see the continuation of this story?
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Imagination Rules!

When the muse takes me dear, when the muse takes me...could be awhile though, so don't hold your breath!

Old June 27th, 2008, 12:57 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

*gasp*