Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > The Calcium Kid > Screencaps

Old September 5th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Elements

Thank you for those nice clear caps Catz, it really does illustrate just how close he came to paralysis and obscurity. It would have been terrible for us, but how many times worse for Orlando is something I can't even imagine.
Old September 5th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Angel_of_the_West

Gawd, this just takes my breath away!

This cap really shows the scar clearer then any other. I feel weak at the thought of how close he came. To see him running, standing, walking in light of an injury that severe, really is a miracle.

Angel
Old September 5th, 2004, 12:59 AM
Comfortable in the gutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catz
Owee! I'm so glad he pulled through! I truly admire his courage!
Old September 8th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Gone bush!

Thanks for those Catz...lovely
Old September 11th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Elven Queen in Training

His physical therapy must have been grueling. An injury like that does not make one hop up overnight. He is one lucky young man.
Old September 11th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Centonze
His physical therapy must have been grueling. An injury like that does not make one hop up overnight. He is one lucky young man.
It would have been incredibly hard work, no doubt tremendously painful at times (particularly early on) and would have gone on for months and months. Remember he had to wear the brace for nearly a year, he would have had to have physio definately for as long, perhaps longer. And he is one of the lucky ones, one of the very lucky ones. Approximately 825 people each year in the UK suffer paralysis by SCIs. And that is just those dealt with at spinal injury centres, not general hospitals. For more information, including quotes about his own injury from Orlando, just go visit the BYC site - click on my signiture, or any of the BYC buttons around this board to go there.