Go Back   Orlando Love > Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction > Crossover Fan Fiction

Old April 9th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Inspired by him

Thanks, Luna. Balian totally stole my heart. Guy will get what he deserves in the end (I think he does anyway) but I still need him, so he can't fall down a cliff or get trampled by horses yet.

Thanks for reading and reviewing, Pirates-X-Girls. I love writing the Chance Encounter series and I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Old April 10th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Imagination Rules!

Chapter 19. Okay, so far so good although I did find it a little hard going for poor Balian. There's one thing to make your hero suffer, but honestly, girl, you're going to kill him at this rate! I didn't enjoy the extra flogging, nor the horselord's torture of him I do have to say, because I love Balian so much and hate to see him suffer - and you are really making him suffer - that man is going to be a walking scar soon.

I also wouldn't have forgiven him quite so quickly..."no hard feelings? "Yeah, well, you won't be feeling much at all with my sword in your gut...." I guess that's why he's a Knight and I'm not!! Plus I'm a girl...

I always try to be conscious when writing of exactly how much the human body can endure and even though Balian is a stoic and brave knight, he's just a man, and even he has limits. The amount of lashes the man has received (twice) would be very incapacitating - and the number he received, he'd have passed out for sure, possibly even died. They used to lay the flesh open to the bone quite often with large amounts of lashes. I'm not trying to pick it to pieces here at all, don't get me wrong, but the reality is that a whipping like that is not something that would be easily shrugged off and he would take quite a time to heal. I apologise if I'm belabouring the point, I don't mean to. It's like the Hollywood movies where the fight scenes go on and on and on and they take impossible hits that would slay Goliath himself and still get up for more. In reality, one good smack to the jaw and it would be all over, red rover. Bloody HURTS! Sorry, I'll shut up now.

This is cleverly woven as Ki says and I'm sticking with it, although if Balian suffers too much more I may have to come after you!! I'm keen to see how you weave this all together and then move on to Troy. You wrote the Orcs well, disgusting cannibals, and I wanted to stick a sword in their gut too! You bring out the violence in me. I am really enjoying it Fran, you're a prolific and clever girl.

Onwards....

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **

Last edited by Stormdancer; April 10th, 2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
The amount of lashes the man has received (twice) would be very incapacitating - and the number he received, he'd have passed out for sure, possibly even died. They used to lay the flesh open to the bone quite often with large amounts of lashes. I'm not trying to pick it to pieces here at all, don't get me wrong, but the reality is that a whipping like that is not something that would be easily shrugged off and he would take quite a time to heal. ..
Balian is more than any man though - God touched, protected by his God as Fran has mentioned a couple of times so I think it would be pretty impossible for him to go toes up on us after just a couple of floggings.

And of course this is fantasy so our heroes can be invincible...why let boring reality dictate the boundaries, we have orcs and elves in here so anything is possible

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old April 10th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Imagination Rules!

True, I forgot about the "God touched" part.

It would be nice to have those reserves of strength in real life sometimes!

I spend my life in fantasy - what's reality again Ki?

Old April 25th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Imagination Rules!

Right - Chapter 22...I keep posting here so I don't forget where I'm up to!

It's very fast paced, which is great, but I'm enjoying the conversations - like Gimli in the forest and Balian's thoughts as an outsider coming into play every now and then is a nice 'change of state' from knowing what comes next as we've all seen the movie.

Looking forward to the next bits...when i get time.

cheers
Luna
xx

PS: Mystery solved - Balian is an IMMORTAL - now I understand how he can handle so much!! God touched indeed!