Go Back   Orlando Love > Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction > Lord of the Rings

Old February 9th, 2006, 07:34 AM
theoriginalvicki

Gotta agree with UE on this one, Tally needs a woman! *grins*
I wonder of Sherina has something up his sleeve...
Old February 9th, 2006, 12:21 PM
SherinaSue

Awww, I was going for something original here! Also, I thought you all would think it was really sweet. Wynna needs someone to love her just as she is.
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:12 PM
unbraided elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherinaSue
Awww, I was going for something original here! Also, I thought you all would think it was really sweet. Wynna needs someone to love her just as she is.
I see your point and it is really sweet...I'm just a sucker for romance that's all.
Old February 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM
theoriginalvicki

You're right of course. It is YOUR baby after all! *hugs* And she does need a love all her own.
Old February 9th, 2006, 06:57 PM
SherinaSue

I consciously try to make my characters as true to real life as possible, and to avoid the same old cliches, even though someitmes it is inevitable.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:43 PM
SherinaSue

Reger stood in the back stall, taking over the combing of one of the stallions, and trying not to listen to the tale Nyssa was recounting to ehr brother. That was not easily done, however, as her voice was growing louder and louder with her excited chatter.
"...and so it's done, Tally! I don't have to be queen now! I won't be married to Eldarion, and it's such a relief- that would have been like marrying you or one of our brothers!.." Reger was momentarily stunned, his hand stilling in mid-motion. This wild, untamed thing was to have been queen here? There was more to her story than he could have guessed, and he would love to know more, but there was no time...and her next words confirmed this thought. "...and INwe met me and said the boys came back from their expedition with something totell us...something urgent, so we should go home together and see what it is. I've come to fetch you." TAlly nodded, giving ehr a playful push toward the stable door. "Go on then. I'll clean up here and join you shortly."

Reger's gut twisted as he watched the girl run out. This was the time- there might be no other, if he was correct about what the brother's had to report. He stepped out of the stall and met TAlly, the frown on his face melting the blond man's welcoming smile.
"Ah," TAlly began. "So this is not a friendly visit afterall. Something is troubling you."
Reger nodded, but did not elaborate. Instead, he reached behind him and took out his pack. Setting it on a wooden bench, he knelt briefly to fish out a bundle wrapped in cloth, and this he pushed into a pocket in his shirt.
"That belongs to someone else, but I want you to have the rest of this, Friend." TAlly gave him a long, searching look, and then dumped the conent out on the becnh to examine it. There were the toy wooden swords they had played with as boys, and the rest were some odds and ends that Tally knew had belonged to Reger's late mother." He carefully touched each thng, placing it back in the bag one by one. There were tears in his brown eyes when he at last raised his head. "Reger...are you...are you well?" He asked. Rger met his brown eyes with a steady blue gaze of his own. He knew what Tallarand was asking. THis must have looked to him like the bequeathing of a dying man's prized possessions, which in a way, it was.
"I am not ill, friend. BUt I cannot stay here long. I wanted to know my things were in good hands, as I won't be able to take them with me." His voice sounded flat and hollow to Tally, but there was also a finality in the words, as if he did not want to speak of it more.
Old March 4th, 2006, 07:45 AM
unbraided elf

Oh...this is getting interesting. Wonder why he can't take it with him?
Old March 4th, 2006, 11:50 PM
SherinaSue

Reger watched as Tally walked out of the stable, nodding at his invitation for Reger to stay the night at his house. He would follow later, not just now. He had a suspicion he knew what news awaited Tally at home, and he was in no hurry to have that suspicion confirmed. Just now what he wanted was…Ah. Yes, he followed the winding street, lined with stone walls growing a dim grey in the early evening light. Raucous laughter and singing met his ears, and he knew he had indeed scoped out the local tavern. It was warm and loud inside, just what Reger wanted. He smiled at the tavern maid who sat the tankard of ale before him, sliding his bag of coins across to her.
“Just bring me a bottle, Love,” He said, flashing her his most wicked grin. The tavern maid caught her breath, and then blushed to the roots of her hair. Reger laughed. He had forgotten what his grin seemed to do to women. He might even take what was offered tonight, if it was offered. She winked at him, walking away with purposely swinging hips. Oh yes, he thought. It was definitely going to be offered. He drained his tankard in two long gulps, and raised it for another fill. Between the forthcoming bottle o0f wine and the ale, he should be able to sleep away the demons tonight.

Tally listened carefully to his brothers and sisters excited chatter. Nerathlas, of course was doing all of the talking, but Dinedal’s hands flew here and there as he nodded, and elaborated on his brother’s story.
…”And he was no taller than Inwe, although he had a long, long red beard and appeared to be an old man! He carried a huge axe, Father, so large and heavy we feared it would knock him over! And when we asked why he was there, he told us we were Pointy-eared elflings and to mind our own business!” Nerathnil, leaning against the doorway, nodded at his son.
“A scout,” He said quietly. I have already sent Nyssa on up to the King’s hall to give him word. He may want you to go out with the advance guard, Tally.
Tally frowned. The story of the lone dwarf encamped at Osgiliath was obviously an exciting one, but he had a house guest tonight, and had just come off of a long duty.
He groaned, but nodded. “Of course, if Eldarion asks it of me, I will go. I ask Nyssa to go see about getting Wynna ready for bed, when she returns.” He ate a quick dinner, absently bouncing Tella on his knee when she came to him with her little arms upraised. His min wasn’t on the toddler, even though her fingers grasped at his food as he lifted it to his mouth. His brain still pondered on Reger’s strange behavior, and the meaning of his gift. And what was the strange bundle that he had withheld? Who was it meant for? As it happened, He had no time to think it over, as his younger sister, in her customary frenzy, came flying into the room.
“What is it, Neryssa?” Edan asked, “What did Eldarion say?”
Nyssa kissed her father’s cheek as she hung her cloak on the peg Her cheeks were bright and flushed from running, and her brown eyes fairly snapped.

“Eldarion will send a few men down to the ruins to investigate. HE says Tallarand need not come, unless he feels need.” She kissed her brother’s forehead absently, taking a bowl of stew for herself. “He knows you have had a long day.”

Tally shook his head, setting Tella on the bench as he rose. Realizing his mistake, he caught the bowl just as she lifted it to tip over her head. “No, Sweeting- here, Go to Mama. I am going to be captain of the guard soon- I should go. Nyssa, when you finish here, will you see to Wynna? She will need a bath before bed.”

“Of course, Brother.” Her eyes were sparkling with mischief as she added. “And I hear dwarfs are feisty folk- watch out for your knees!”

Neryssa hoisted Wynna into her bed, after pulling the soft cotton gown over her head. Wynna gave her a sleepy laugh, clapping her hands. She enjoyed Nyssa’s company, even though she was much older, she was still had the heart of a child. Nyssa was turning the lamps down, noting that Wynna’s eyes were already drifting closed, when the door opened. It was Reger, the man she had met earlier, but…he was stumbling. The smell of drink seared Nyssa’s nostrils as he neared her.

“Ugh! What have you been…well. I think that is obvious, but why?” He gave her a boyish grin and started toward her, catching her arms. If she had thought him handsome before, now he appeared positively rakish. His shirt hung open at the neck, exposing dark, curling hair matted on his broad chest. His hair was unkempt, and curled just below his ears, and his eyes…those piercing blue eyes were half hidden by the longest lashes Nyssa has ever seen on a man. And the way he was looking at her mouth…too late, Nyssa realized his intent. He crushed her against him, one hand leaving her shoulder to lift her heavy hair from her neck. Nyssa struggled; no man had ever dared lay a hand on her before! After all, she was to be Eldarion’s bride! Nyssa groaned, remembering she no longer carried the protection of that assumption. Reger had heard that groan, and mistaken its meaning. His lips left her neck and crept up to capture her lips. Nyssa exploded with a hundred different feelings at once. She was afraid of him- afraid of what the drink might make him do, and yet…a warm flower was blossoming in the pit of her stomach, making her knees buckle beneath her. Her struggles were quieting too, and in their place, a newfound boldness. Nyssa, who had put her hands on his chest to push him away, instead felt her fingers tangling in the lightly furred mass she found there. It was not until she felt Reger lifting her, carrying her to Tally’s bed that she came to her senses.
“Wait!” She cried, and then softened her voice, so as not to frighten or wake Wynna.
“Stop it! You are drunk, Reger of Lake town, and don’t even remember who I am!” Reger smiled that hypnotic smile again.
“Oh yes I do. You are not the barmaid. You are the wild, tawny haired kitten I bumped into in the street, by the stables. The one with the flashing dark eyes.” Nyssa was taken aback. She’d never been described that way by anyone, and especially not in that smoky, sensual tone of voice.” She shivered as he raised up on one elbow, his fingertip tracing her ear tip. “Oh yes, it is you, little kitten. I would know those ears anywhere.”

Nyssa caught herself staring at those lips as she spoke, wishing the darkened room could hide her blush. She hated to admit to him what it was she was yearning for just now. As if he could read her mind, he bent his head and kissed her again, this time more tenderly. Nyssa hated herself for what she was about to say, after the sweetness of that kiss, but she couldn’t stop herself.
“Then you will remember that I am Tallarand’s sister. He will not thank you to accost me here, in his very bed.” It was as if cold water had been splashed over Reger at the mention of Tally’s name. He sat up, shaking his head and looking confused. What had he been about to do? One look at the girl reminded him vividly. She lay watching him, her haired splayed loosely on the pillow, and her lips reddened and swollen from his kisses. He dared not look at the rest of her, not after what seeing her face alone was doing to his nether regions. Reger quickly leapt off the bed. “Oh, God. I…I am..” He met her eyes. His own embarrassed. “I cannot bring myself to say I regret kissing you, but it was wrong. Forgive me.” He looked around, and then helped her to stand. “Where is Tally? I must speak to him.” Nyssa shook her head.
“He’s gone- that’s why I came to be here. To look after Wynna.”
Reger looked frantic. “Where has he gone, Nyssa?”
Her name, said in that raw whisper nearly had her reaching for him again. What was she thinking? They had only just met today! She cleared her throat. “There was a dwarf scout discovered at Osgiliath, and he was sent to investigate. Dwarves never venture this far from the mountains, it is odd…wait,” She said, watching his face pale considerably. In the moonlight from the open window, he looked almost blue.
“What is it?”

“It is time, Nyssa. The rest of the Dwarf army cannot be far behind.” Leaving her staring dumbfounded after him, Reger sprinted out into the night.

Last edited by SherinaSue; March 5th, 2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old March 5th, 2006, 07:41 AM
theoriginalvicki

Whoa...passionate kisses, and now, dwarf armies? What next... *bites fingernails*
Old March 5th, 2006, 12:28 PM
unbraided elf

Oh Sherina I love this chapter. Kisses...seduction, gorgeous long lashes...blue eyes...hmmmm...sounds like someone else we know? *wink*

Can't wait to find out why the dwarfs are there and...do all dwarfs call elves, "pointy-eared elflings" I wonder?
Old March 5th, 2006, 11:14 PM
SherinaSue

I had a little extra time,...no, make that I TOOK a little extra time I didn't really have to move forward this weekend./ I hope I don't leave you hanging so long til next time, but I am on sort o a rollercoaster ride right now! So I don't know. Glad you ladies are still hanging in her with me!
Old March 17th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Passionate about the Elf

Sorry for not commenting, Sherina, but I've just caught up... hope the rollercoaster lets you off soon
Old April 2nd, 2006, 06:02 AM
SherinaSue

Tallarand was exhausted and anxious the whole ride back acorss the Pellenor to MInas Tirith, and then the long winding climb up the city streets. The dawn was not yet breaking over the mountain, and the predawn air was chill, and yet he felt hot, tired and thirsty. And not looking forward to giving the King his report. By the time he finally reached the stables, TAlly would have gladly slid off the horse and onto the hay for a rest. After a day's full duty, and then an all night expedition, he longed for sleep. And yet he had urgent news,...Wynna's breakfast to get, and then another day of duty. Tally uttered a word he seldom used as he sank to the ground and began unbridling the horse.

"Tally!" A warm but worried voice called to him from the stableyard, and he turned his bloodshot eyes to the door. Reger stood there, looking worse for wear than he did at the moment. Clearly he also had spent a restless night. "What news, friend?"

TAlly gave his friend an embrace, smelling the ale on his breath and clothing.
"Not much to tell, that is the trouble. I must let the King know the dwarf scout is gone, most likely to alert the rest of his encampment. I only wish I knew why they had come- this is quite unusual. But you, friend! You smell of a night spent in the arms of some tavern barmaid, yes?' He gave a hearty laugh, but Reger grimaced. He was not ready to enlighten his freind that it had been no barmaid with whom he had spent the past few pleasant moments.
"Uh, That tale is for later, my friend. But for now, I must beg an audience with King Eldarion, if you will permit me to go with you to report. I belive I may be able to shed light on this dwarf problem."
Tally raised a puzzled blonde brow, but nodded. What traffic could Reger have had with the dwarves?
Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:50 AM
SherinaSue

I am getting rid of this awful sig, so I am putting it on here for you all.

Very bad photoshopping by Me-
that's as good as it gets, folks.
Old April 4th, 2006, 07:15 AM
theoriginalvicki

So.....Reger's been hobnobbing with the Dwarves...does it bode well, or not?
inquiring minds INSIST on knowing....*grin*
Old April 4th, 2006, 03:51 PM
SherinaSue

Buahaha, wouldn't you like to know....
Old April 5th, 2006, 07:10 AM
theoriginalvicki

Evil, EVIL woman! *heehee*
Old April 5th, 2006, 12:59 PM
SherinaSue

This thread brought to you by Coca-cola and Heinz Ketchup, thanks to Me and Vicki's sigs! Haha!!
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:40 PM
SherinaSue

As the early morning light played across her eyelids, Nyssa awakened. At first, her head was still fuzzy, and then her heart began to pound. She was not in her own bed...The sound of Wynna snoring in the corner brought her back to her present circumstances. She was lying in her brother Tally's bed, here to watch over Wynna for him until he returned. She felt odd, muzzy- headed, and...raising a hand to her mouth, she winced. Her lips were bruised! Memory came flodding back, and Nyssa blushed.
Old April 11th, 2006, 11:10 PM
unbraided elf

Hmm....I bet she had interesting dreams. Bruised lips? Yummy....what's Reger up to with the dwarfs?
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:49 AM
SherinaSue

have a bit more- try to get to it this weekend.
Old April 30th, 2006, 02:57 AM
SherinaSue

Reger sat watching from the wall. The view afforded him a clear vista all the way from the river to the woods. If any clodding, slow moving and heavily armored dwarf army should appear, he would see htem. (Unless of course, they tunneled their way here from the mountains.) As he watched for glints of armor in the mroning sunlight, heis mind began to wander. He absently finegred the wrapped bundle in the ouch tied to his belt. The heat of the wrapped lump warmed his fingers, but his mind was lost in the momeory of another heat- a darker fire that had flarted in him only recently. A fire sparked by the glow of honey brown eyes. He sat their for a long time. Suddenly a voice interrupted his reverie.
"So, how are things in Lake town these days, Reger? How is your father?" Reger snapped his head toward the woman's voice, his eyes meeting merry, twinling eyes the color of newly turned earth. The same long curls of golden hair, but streaked slightly with gray, and the warm eyes lined with a few stray wrinkles.
"Edan. I forgot you would be wanting news of your former home." He shared a bit of the gossip and goings on over the past few years, but had never really answered her question. This fact did not escape the astute Edan.
"I heard you and your father took over the operation of the inn after Daegin died?" She asked gently.
Reger met her eyes, knowing he could no longer evade giving her what she wanted to know.
"My father...he had a difficult time with runing the inn. His heart was never in it after...without..." Edan's brow rose.
Reger cleared his throat, squared his shoulders, and met her gaze.
"IT held too many memoried for him, Edan. Surely you realized, after your husband died, and my mother..." Edan blushed and looked away.
"He never said anything to me, Reger. I caught him watching me a few times, but he never said." Suddenly, hot anger flooded her face. "I would have welcomed his help, if he had ever offered it! God knows I suffered enough at Daegin's hands over the years!" She stiffened as the young man laid a hand on her shoulder.
"He didn't know, Edan. And then you left,..and when he came looking for you, you had already chosen the elf. Trust me, it ws a crushing blow for him. He never fully recovered. He started having..I don't know, pains in his arm, his chest,...I" he glanced down at the pouch, and then met her eyes. "I did everything I could, and a few things I shouldn't have.. well, that's done now."
"I shouldn't hace said anything bad about him- I didn't know you had lost him."
Thinking to respond to her, Reger glanced up as a pink blur caught the corner of his eye, and then surprised Edan by bursting out in rich, deep laughter.
"I think you may be needed elsewhere, Edan," he said in a mirthful voice. Edan followed his line of vision. Tella was running up the street, wet hair plastered to her ehad, and her little round pink bottom shining in the sun. Behind her, a wet, sputtering Nyssa followed.
"Ah, Bathtime!" I must go then, " She smiled back at him, waving. Reger, however, felt the laughter dying on his lips. Nyssa's light shift was soaked...and clinging to her every curve. Oh God! He was riveted to the spot.

Last edited by SherinaSue; May 1st, 2006 at 01:32 AM.
Old May 7th, 2006, 02:23 PM
SherinaSue

Okay- 1 1/2 weeks left of student teaching, then I have all the time in the world- hopefully start on the ending soon.
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Fanfic Junkie

Sherina, great job! Thanks for posting

sig & avatar by the lovely and talented elements

Dean: Come on man, I've been itching for a hunt
Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over; go ahead and knock yourselves out.
SPN Ep 2x3
Old May 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM
SherinaSue

DOn't get all excited yet- this is just a post from me. I have two more days of student teaching, and then unless someone hires me for summer school, I am free. I am such a bundle of conflicted emotions write now, I'm not sure I could write anyway- HAppy I am graduating, sad to be leaving me new little friends, scared to start looking for jobs, relived there's no more homework...and mainly just adrift, as this has been my life for so long now. Wow. THis is almost worse than highschool graduation! When I calm down, or can channel all this turmoil into prose, I'll write another chapter.