Go Back   Orlando Love > Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction > Lord of the Rings

Old July 16th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Imagination Rules!

TITLE: HOMECOMING

AUTHOR: Copyright Auroraluna Stormdancer

RATING: G

WARNINGS: None other than an overuse of adjectives probably…but I was interrupted so many times trying to get this done, I’ve given up and am posting despite (no doubt) the need for further editing.

SUMMARY: Well, this is pre-Fellowship – we know very little about Leggy’s personal life, so it is ripe for speculation and I offer but one of a myriad of possibilities. This gorgeous Elf was already long lived by the time of the Fellowship and he was obviously a great warrior and therefore probably had a considerable number of battles under his belt, prior to taking on the jewellery thing with that pesky bloodshot-eyed dude. This story is written after he has been away from home some considerable time on an adventure that we can merely speculate about…

DISCLAIMER: “Legolas was created by the brilliant Professor Tolkien and I wouldn't even dream of trying to recreate him - have just borrowed his likeness as portrayed by Orlando in the LOTR trilogy” – wot she said.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Just enjoy – it’s a bit blah, but that might have something to do with the number of Rum and Cokes that were downed during its creation – and it was hard to get past the whole nekkid wet Elf bit, but I managed. With the help of a double nip.

Beautiful banner by the talented KrazyMoonKat - thanks so much!

HOMECOMING

She woke with a start, birdsong melodies playing in her ears and the heavy scent of the forest perfume filling her senses.
She smiled, a joyful response to what had torn her from slumber.
She knew.
She felt it.
He was coming home.
At last!

---oooOooo---

Legolas rose smoothly to his feet, leaving behind a rumpled bedroll. He had slept soundly, the knowledge that he was close to home a gentle security he had not felt in months. He swiftly secured his bedding to his pack, shouldered his quiver and blades and strode out purposefully into the dawn light.

Some miles later, with the new sun drawing golden glints from his braided hair as he jogged, he stopped, drawing a breath deep into his lungs. He savoured the hint of his home on the air - the ancient trees, their subtle fragrance carried so far on the winds yet still noticeable to sharp Elven senses, honed to perfection over years of relying on them for survival. His heart quickened, drawing that breath deeper into his body and re-establishing his connection to his home. He would be there soon, the intervening miles eaten quickly beneath his eager strides, but first; first he must cleanse himself before entering his homeland.

It would be unseemly to arrive reeking of recent battle with the deaths of so many clinging to his hide. He knew this land, and knew where the pool lay on the fringes of the woods. His handsome face wore a grin he could not deny and he broke into an easy lope.

Tonight he would sleep in his own bed.
He would not sleep alone.
His smile drew wider, even as the leagues beneath his feet grew rapidly shorter.

---oooOooo---

She rose and dressed carefully, wanting him to see her at her best, the excitement within her growing with each passing second. He had been away so long she had begun to wonder whether he would ever return. But she could feel him now, drawing ever closer, and she could not keep the smile from her face.

How long had it been since he had last held her in his arms, his heart gently beating against her delicate, tapered ears, those same points he used to caress gently with his long fingers as he marvelled at her perfection? She had missed his warmth and his strength and she could barely wait to feel them again.

She knew in her own heart that he had pined for her just as sorely as she had for him, and this knowledge had lent strength to her patience. She smoothed the spider-silk material of her dress, the folds shimmering as they nestled against her body, clinging to her long legs, the hem brushing lightly against her slender ankles.

She brushed her long golden hair until it gleamed, skilfully braiding in the jewels he had left for her before he had departed, their rich colours flashing in the stray beams of the new day sun, like opal fires burning on a sea of gold. She hoped he would find her pleasing.

Her nimble fingers finally stilled as the last gem was anchored firmly and she stepped back to admire herself. “His Treasure” he called her, and today she was, from the top on her jewel crowned head down to her delicate toes, decorated with other priceless adornments, more gifts he had bestowed upon her in the past.

“His Treasure.”
By the Gods, how she loved him.

---oooOooo---

Legolas found the hidden pool in the woods with ease, a millennia of familiarity lending him clear instruction as to its location, despite the length of time since he had last been there.

He stripped down quickly, unconcerned and uninhibited with his nakedness. He quickly unpacked his travel gear, until he located a small wooden bowl perfect for his needs.

Bending low he dipped the bowl into the clear waters before drawing away from the edge of the pool to wash. This sacred pond held some of the purest water to be found in all Middle Earth and he would not taint it with the filth from his body in any way.

Gently and deftly he washed the dirt and travel grime from his limbs and torso, the crystal cold raising gooseflesh on his porcelain skin. His body had hardened over weeks of travelling the rough terrain, and his slender frame was chiselled with hard edges of muscle. His heritage ensured he was already light and lean but recent battle and travel hardship had defined his form in ways he had not previously experienced. He had had a long life, but he had never been fitter than at this time, and it showed in his physique; the defined pectorals, the flat stomach ridged with hard muscle, the strong thighs and well toned arms. Yet despite his years, and all that he had endured, his face remained smooth and unlined and unsurpassed in its beauty.

Yet he noticed none of this, intent upon his ablutions. The water splashed on to the emerald carpet beneath his feet, the physical dirt washed from his limbs, along with the symbolic cleansing of his aura, falling in droplets to be absorbed by the earth, far from the sacred pool.

When he was satisfied he was clean and would no longer defile the pure waters, he returned to the edge of the pool and waded in, immersing himself fully and allowing the clear water to close above his head as though he was being welcomed back, a return to the womb of his beloved homeland.

Sensory deprivation enveloped him and instantly she was there, in his mind, ever pulling him home. Had she changed while he had been absent? Would she run to him and throw herself into his arms as she had used to?

He smiled as he broke the surface of the water, the heavy scent of the forest filling his nostrils and grounding him.
Of course she would.
And he would welcome her with all his heart.

---oooOooo---

She wanted to appear demure and in control but as she waited alone near the edge of the woods where she knew he would finally emerge, she could not help but shift her weight from foot to foot.

The sun was well risen now, the Elven Village still quiet but for the welcome song that could be heard as it filtered through from the tops of the highest trees. They all knew that he returned and they were keen to welcome their Prince home in gentle, Elven style. There would be a great feasting tonight, yet she felt agitated at the thought, not wanting to share him with others, but keep him all to herself for a little while first. But all in the Village were joyous at his safe return and she knew that she must wait for her time with him. Yet standing here, alone, his sole welcoming party, would be enough for now. The others understood this and gave her this gift, remaining apart and yet still carefully watching and awaiting his appearance.

The song swelled above her and she knew he approached.

They released the butterflies, the living jewels pouring forth from the highest boughs and rising from the Village like a rainbow cloud, shifting and undulating in colourful waves, before becoming broken and lost amongst the canopy.

He was so close.
She could feel him.
Her long wait was almost over.

---oooOooo---

Legolas stopped suddenly, the heart of the forest thrumming gently around him. The air he breathed had permeated every cell of his body, reawakening every part of his Elven being. He closed his eyes, his ears hearing the slow flow of sap in the ancient trunks surrounding him, the downward beat of a butterfly’s wings as it fluttered past on the air. He could feel the vibration of industrious worms tunnelling deep beneath his toes, and the dappled sunlight played across his sensitive skin, feeling like the barest of gentle breaths.

His eyes opened to feast on a delight of colour as butterflies filled the air, flowing past, a living cord to his village should he follow their trail back. Clear, high Elven voices now filled the glade in a robust song of past splendour and great deeds, a chorus only ever sung for their greatest of heroes.

Legolas’ heart swelled within his breast, feeling the surrounding forest welcoming him in symbiotic rejoicing with the Elves.

---oooOooo---

The Welcome Song grew from a gentle melody to a resounding chorus of joyful voices in her ears, the Elves no longer holding back, but pouring forth their elation and gentle excitement into their music.

She could smell the first tendrils of the feast’s aroma wafting on the breeze and she knew that the familiar scent of his favourite foods would become a much appreciated addition to the sensory welcome home he would already have begun experiencing. The sweetness of Honey cakes, the rich, heady scent of the Mitheel melons, underscored by the spicy, fragrant Nut-rolls, all mingled to make even her own mouth water - and she had not long broken her fast!

She fidgeted again.

How much longer must she wait?

How long?

And then, suddenly, silently, he was there.

The deep green leaves of her forest home parted lovingly to admit the tall Elf. His hair shone golden, his face shone with happiness and his eyes, his beautiful blue eyes shone just for her as she raced, barefoot and nimble across the leafy forest floor, and threw herself into his arms.

And there it was, the familiar beat of his heart, slightly elevated in his excitement to be home, pulsing gently beneath her ear. Those strong arms wrapped tightly around her, his familiar scent of woodland pine, leather and soft musk calming her.

She hugged him fiercely as he rained gentle kisses across her hair and down her cheek. Her tears wet the front of his tunic and mirrored the unshed moisture in his own eyes.

“You are so beautiful,” he whispered to her, his soft lips once more seeking her face, “my heart has missed you too much, my princess.”

“Not as much as mine has missed you,” she responded, wiping her eyes and covering his dear face with eager kisses. “You must not leave me again,” she scolded and was rewarded with his deep chuckle, the rich tones soothing her.

He knelt down on one knee before her, his face turned up to hers, his legendary beauty now surpassed only by the one that stood before him, the one he loved most in the world, bar one other.

“Now, tell me, daughter of my joy….where is your Mother?”

And then she was there, standing behind their child, her hands resting gently on her daughter’s shoulders, her smile for her husband one that could light the darkest night.

His heart soared as he rose and reached for her, needing her in his arms suddenly with an intensity that could not be denied.

He was home.

Finally.

He had never known greater joy.

FIN

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **

Last edited by Stormdancer; June 26th, 2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Dreamer

Luna this was beautiful the first time I read it and just as gorgeous now....loved the description of the forest. Like a detailed picture. Beautiful

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:32 PM
besotted with buttons

I LOVE this- well you know that- told you a hundred times but I do. It's quietness and the beautiful description and the smile at the end. I can have my fill of Elves and pools and all that stuff, but this is really well done, sweet and heartwarming.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old November 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

A sweet story, with the world of the Elves beautifully drawn. Loved the ending! Thank you for the pleasure.
Old November 13th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Imagination Rules!

Wow this is a blast from the past - Thank you for your kind words - glad you liked it, I must read it again myself :-)

Old November 25th, 2011, 12:01 AM
besotted with buttons

is good to go back and read the wonderful stuff we have here, remind ourselves. I thoroughly enjoyed having my sleeve tugged to go read this again.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old November 27th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Imagination Rules!

Thanks Nuit, I did read it and enjoyed it thoroughly - nice to be standing back and reading something you've all but forgotten you actually wrote yourself. I enjoyed it more strangely enough. I am prompted to go read all the old stuff now...good to revisit, as you say :)