Go Back   Orlando Love > Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction > Lord of the Rings

Old June 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Dreamer

That is a strong chapter so much pain both physical and mental. It is awful to see Legolas like this, I hope that Gandalf can come up with something soon..

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old June 9th, 2006, 07:37 AM
besotted with buttons

awwww poor legolas- I know what its like when no one takes a blind bit of notice.
I like the growing tension with Aragorn- gradully getting to know the facets of their relationship. He really is done in isn't he? Can feel Aragorn holding himself back. Fingers crossed the wizard has a cunning plan
Legolas on his knees was err.. both very upsetting and yet strangely attractive.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old June 10th, 2006, 02:12 AM
unbraided elf

Aww Leggy...I believe you. Such horrible pain he must feel to not be able to stand on his own.

Another great chapter. Maybe Gandy will have his own version of the Vulcan mind meld?
Old June 19th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Whoa! Sorry it took me so long to update this. RL bites sometimes.

I'm glad you're enjoying this, kiwigirl, nuit, and unbraided elf. Poor Leggy. He has been having a bit of a rough trot, but it'll get better for him. I'm very impressed that Aragorn can restrain himself, I sure wouldn't be able to restrain myself from a nekkid elf! (nevermind that he's got clothes on now, he's too weak to fight back! *grin*)

A wee bit of ranger and elf snuggling in this one!

Chapter 6

Legolas woke, his mind instantly alert. The stillness of the predawn darkness was unbroken by any sound but one. The sound of Gimli’s snoring brought a smile to Legolas’ lips. He cautiously pushed back the cape that covered him and raised himself to his elbow. When that movement elicited only moderate pain, Legolas was encouraged to attempt sitting up. Again, the level of pain was bearable. Legolas enjoyed the solitude and the feeling of being at last in some control of his body. When he’d become accustomed to sitting, he pushed himself to stand, wanting to know just what he could achieve before the others woke. Standing shakily beside his sleeping place, Legolas took several deep breaths before slowly moving to the banked fire.

Still slightly unsteady on his feet, he wavered in his path, but arrived at his destination still feeling as though he were in control. Retrieving the flask that was there, he made his way cautiously to the stream a short way from the camp. The task of filling the flask was accomplished with more pain than he'd anticipated, but was still bearable. He returned to the fire. After renewing the fire with some small pieces of wood, Legolas sat before it, drinking occasionally from the flask of water, enjoying the peace and his regained ability to move around on his own.

The sight of the elf sitting unaided and alone, greeted Gandalf upon his return to the camp. Joining him at the fire, Gandalf handed him the burden he carried. Legolas accepted the parcel and unwrapped the covering to discover his boots and his weapons.

“The weapons were left behind when you were captured. An oversight I’m sure. Your boots I retrieved when I freed you from Orthanc.” Gandalf smiled at the joy on Legolas’ face. “If you are sitting here, unaided, with all save our sentry asleep, I think we are ready to leave. But I would ask that you spend most of the day riding Bill. You must be careful not to overextend yourself.”

Legolas looked at Gandalf, joy at finally being able to continue on their journey shone from his face. He donned his boots and strapped his quiver and knives carefully to his back, feeling as though he were once more whole. The only thing remaining to do was to braid his hair for fighting.
Gandalf smiled and retrieved his pipe, watching the elf carefully for signs his body wasn’t as healed as he thought. With every familiar task performed as Legolas prepared for travel, his body moving more smoothly. Gandalf knew it would be only a day or two more before Legolas would be able to resume his full duties as part of the fellowship. The sight of the elf moving unassisted once more gladdened his heart.

When the other members of the fellowship woke, the sight of Legolas, wearing his borrowed clothing and prepared to travel, greeted them. He was saddling Bill, his movements slow and careful but once again displaying the fluid grace of the elves. The camp was hurriedly packed up and breakfast was eaten while on the move.

Legolas began the day’s travel walking, with Sam leading Bill. The pace set was slow, to accommodate the shorter legs of the hobbits, and dwarf and the weakened state of the elf. Before the sun was fully risen in the sky though, the elf was forced to ride by the weakness that still clung to him. Legolas drowsed in the saddle, Bill now being led by Aragorn who would allow no one else the precious task. Aragorn glanced back frequently to assure himself that Legolas was still able to cope with the travel. The slim form of the elf swayed gently in the saddle as he fell deeper into healing sleep and Aragorn was barely in time to catch him as he fell from the saddle. Gandalf strode back to where Aragorn had sunk to the ground, cradling Legolas in his arms.

“We will stop here for a rest.” Gandalf said somberly as Legolas stirred briefly before falling deeper in slumber. The remaining members of the fellowship set about organizing a rest space, just off the trail they had been following. Aragorn sat still in the middle of the trail, Legolas nestled to his chest. His hand caressed the soft skin of the elf’s face and he placed a gentle kiss on the smooth brow. Legolas slept on, oblivious. When the temporary camp had been set up, Boromir came and assisted Aragorn to rise with Legolas still cradled lovingly in his arms. Reaching the small fire, Aragorn gently laid Legolas on the cape that Merry had spread for him. Legolas stirred briefly and moaned softly in his sleep, “Aragorn.” He sighed, turning towards the comfort of the beloved arms before sliding deeper into sleep.

The sound of a bird singing sweetly nearby gently roused Legolas from his slumber. Opening his eyes languidly, he gazed around the small clearing. The hobbits reclined in various poses, smoking their beloved pipes. Gandalf and Aragorn sat a short distance away, smoking and talking softly together. Legolas could see Boromir just in the trees, pacing back and forth. Of Gimli there was no sight, but Legolas could hear him. Turning his head slightly he saw Gimli sitting on a log close at hand.

With a raised eyebrow Gimli said, “So, you’ve come back to us.”

“It was not my choice to leave.” Legolas said with a small smile.

Gimli chuckled, “No, I don’t doubt that at all. No one, not even an elf, would choose to fall off a horse in their sleep.”

Legolas flushed. “Please tell me I did not do that.”

“Aye, you did, lad. Straight into Aragorn’s arms too.”

Legolas’ flush deepened. “I shall be a long time living that down I think.”

Before Gimli could respond, three silent figures entered the glade. Hefting his axe from his belt, he stood protectively over Legolas who chuckled. “Sit down, Gimli, I am in no danger.”

Realizing that the three figures were elves, Gimli sat with a huff, muttering under his breath about it being bad enough to have one elf, did they really need three more?

Legolas raised himself cautiously on one elbow and greeted the newcomers. “Well met, Elladan, Elrohir, Meldoron. What brings you on our trail?”

By this time, Aragorn and Gandalf had joined them and greeted the elves warmly as well. The hobbits sat, enraptured at seeing more elves again. There was something graceful and deadly about the elves that left the small ones speechless with wonder.

Elladan grinned as he handed a small bundle to Legolas. “We heard you ran into a bit of difficulty with your clothing. It would be unacceptable for an elf to travel the width of Middle Earth wearing the cast off clothing of a ranger from the north and a wizard.”

“Indeed.” Gandalf chuckled. “The Havens forefend that an elf should appear in anything less than elegance.”

Legolas shook his head in amusement, but still opened the parcel eagerly to find a set of clothing, identical to what he’d been wearing when he'd been accosted by the band of orcs and uruk-hai. Wincing slightly with the pain that still rode his body, he quickly pulled Aragorn’s shirt over his head and prepared to don his own when a small gasp stayed his hand. Legolas looked up to see Elladan standing staring, his face ashen, at the angry red scars crossing his chest. Hurriedly he pulled the grey tunic on, concealing the scars once more. He looked again at Elladan and said, “Don’t, please, Elladan. They will fade.” His eyes beseeched Elladan to not make a drama of the scars.

With a slight shudder, Elladan closed his eyes briefly before looking deeply into Legolas’ eyes. “I will not forget, Legolas.”

“I do not ask that,” Legolas said softly. Putting the rest of the parcel aside, Legolas resolved to wait until the elves had left before changing further.

When the elves had taken their leave, it was too late to continue their journey that day, so preparations were made to remain for the night. Gandalf sat next to Legolas who toyed with the string that had bound the parcel of his clothes.

“Before you get too comfortable in your new clothing,” Gandalf said, “Elrohir gave me this to give to you. Elrond sent it for you.” Gandalf handed Legolas a small jar, which contained a sweet smelling ointment. “If you put this on the wounds, the pain will ease to allow you proper rest. When you're able to rest you should recover faster and be able to stay astride Bill for longer tomorrow before falling off.”

Legolas sighed resignedly as he accepted the jar. “I had hoped that would go unmentioned, but I see that it was a vain hope.”

“Indeed.” Gandalf chuckled. “May I assist you with the ointment? I believe we can accomplish the task without undo notice at this present time.”

“Thank you.” Legolas handed the jar back to Gandalf and turned his back. He pulled the tunic over his head again as Gandalf scooped a generous amount of ointment from the jar. As he applied the salve, Legolas felt a cool balm soothe his skin where Gandalf’s fingers passed. The pain of the wounds abated and he felt lightheaded with the release as Gandalf continued to treat every wound on Legolas' body with the salve. When he had finished the elf dressed quickly in his own clothing, finishing as Pippin and Merry approached with food for both of them.

Accepting the food from the hobbits with a smile, Gandalf said, “I suggest you eat quickly Legolas. It does not need the gift of foretelling to know that you will be asleep very soon.”

Legolas chuckled softly as he began eating. “You speak the truth Gandalf. Even now I feel my eyes grow heavy. If I did not know the salve had come from Lord Elrond, I would suspect some foul spell.”

“No spell,” Gandalf said, “Merely your body accepting the cessation of pain and seeking the rest it requires.”

Legolas hurried to finish his meal, though in truth the last few mouthfuls were taken while his eyes were closed. Gandalf retrieved the plate from the elf’s lax fingers and eased him down, covering him with his cloak to ward off the chill night air.

Some hours later, Legolas woke abruptly, his intense gaze flitting around the campsite, searching for whatever had woken him. He could feel the warmth of a body lying close behind him. Extending his senses, he knew it was his lover. It had been Aragorn's warm breath tickling his neck that had woken him.

Moving back slightly into the warmth of Aragorn's body, Legolas was gratified when his lover's arm moved to gently encircle his waist and hold him close. Revelling in the feeling of being wrapped in his lover's embrace without being wracked with pain, Legolas breathed contentedly, "Melamin." He closed his eyes and sank back into slumber again, safe in his lover's arms.

Aragorn smiled as he heard the whispered word. He moved his hand slightly so that he could clasp his lover's hand where it lay under his. He pressed a soft kiss to Legolas's shoulder and eased his leg between the elf's legs, craving the closeness they'd been denied while the elf was so pained. His eyes slowly closed and he drifted off to sleep.

TBC
Old June 19th, 2006, 04:54 PM
besotted with buttons

awww.... that's the way aragorn
See gandalph got in there quick with the ointment though.

lovely Liriel- good to see Leggie much improved and nearly back to his old self- Elladan, Elrohir and Meldoron sound like they will be much relieved too! Quite the collection. I like the simple chatter and the comfiness of it all, they have been together so long, it really feels like that

Old June 20th, 2006, 07:16 AM
unbraided elf

Great chapter, more elves. *sigh* I'm glad he's getting better...but still don't like that he's gotten dressed.

Notice how Gandalf kept the ointment to himself? Otherwise I'm sure they would have been fighting to see who could touch the elf first. I know I would.
Old June 26th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Fanfic Junkie

Quote:
Aragorn smiled as he heard the whispered word. He moved his hand slightly so that he could clasp his lover's hand where it lay under his. He pressed a soft kiss to Legolas's shoulder and eased his leg between the elf's legs, craving the closeness they'd been denied while the elf was so pained. His eyes slowly closed and he drifted off to sleep.
So sorry I'm behind! Your're doing a fabulous job, writing a beautiful story about love and I'm really touched by your writing

sig & avatar by the lovely and talented elements

Dean: Come on man, I've been itching for a hunt
Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over; go ahead and knock yourselves out.
SPN Ep 2x3
Old August 20th, 2006, 07:33 AM
besotted with buttons

BUMP..
so..when we last heard of our weary travellers Legolas wasn't naked under his scratchy old cloak anymore...but Gandalph was ready with ointment..
what's happening next?? I woke up thinking about this story the other morning and I thought hmmm that Liriel is slacking some

Old August 20th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Dreamer

I am glad that you bumped this Nuit as I must have missed this chapter while on my travels.

I loved the exchange between Legolas and Elladan the simplicity of the words but with so much feeling behind them, gave me goosebumps.

More please Liriel...

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old August 25th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Just finished reading this - can't wait for the next installment!
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Orlando's Shadow King

This was lovely! I'm glad Leoglas is safe! Well done!