Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Troy

Old November 30th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
On December 1, the American Movie Classics (AMC) Channel will air a special presentation of Troy. In honor of this TV presentation, we have a little giveaway for our faithful MovieWeb readers. We have the Troy, which is packed with goodies like script pages, photo cards and a 40-page book on the movie, and a poster for the flick as well.Winners Receive:
- Troy DVD
- Troy poster
http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/76/24676.php
Old November 30th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvadrieng View Post
Helen, I know this may be a little late but I've just finished watching all the extras. You can find this in the first feature of "Attacking Troy" featurette.

Yeah, I kinda wish they showed at least how he was cast as Paris like they did with Helen and Briseis. Oh well. Anyway, the entirety of the film is tremendous! The "brotherly angsty-stubborness" scene between Hector and Paris in Sparta made everything worth it for me than all the rest.
wooow! thanks! no, it is not late! you have cheer me up a lot! thanks! you have brigthened my day! Now I am interesting in the movie again!
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:53 AM
The Dimension Jumper

I'm beginning to think you need both the original and the DC of this...plus two DVD players on an A/B switch. That way you can watch the DC...and in the appropriate spots swap to the original to make sure you get ALL the scenes...
Old December 17th, 2007, 10:07 PM
sadie1155

So, here's the million dollar question.....Overall....is the Director's Cut that much better for Orlando hotness?....I mean more footage of HIM or hehehe.....him and Helen...*nudge nudge wink wink*
In other words....is the extra Orlando enough to justify the purchase price?
(And...NO....I wouldn't buy it for extra Pitt, Bana, or extended battle scenes.. ...just really wanna know the overall Orli drool factor) .
Thanks for any light someone could shed on this....I already have the regular version, just wondering is the upgrade worth the money.

Last edited by sadie1155; December 18th, 2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old December 25th, 2007, 01:03 AM
dreeamer

I was considering buying the DC. Could you guys tell me ruffly what the extra 30mn are about, so I can see if it's worth it, please?
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Just reading :)

HI :), sorry to bug you, and if this is not ok just erase it please, but I wanted to know if anyone know where I can find clips for the extra scenes of Troy, the director's cut with Orlando.

Right now, and for a while I haven't been able to afford this dvd, I do own the regular version, but I truly want to see this scenes, specially the one you talk about with Eric Bana!! Some help please??

Thanks, sorry again for bothering you, be well and take care, Monica

Last edited by Erin_21; January 6th, 2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Kate_Sienna_Inw

Bugger, I found the KoH extended on the net (Dutch version of Ebay) but I can't find Troy anywhere!
Old January 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate_Sienna_Inw View Post
Bugger, I found the KoH extended on the net (Dutch version of Ebay) but I can't find Troy anywhere!
You cand find the Director's Cut for region 2 on Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Troy-Directo...9521369&sr=1-1
Old February 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
The Dimension Jumper

Now if only they'd swap that so I could get The Calcium Kid, Region 1. Troy is all over the place for us Americans...tit for tat I guess, and patience is a virtue. I had to wait three years for The A-Team to be released in Region 1...
Old August 29th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

For my birthday, which was yesterday, I recieved the DC of Troy and being me had to watch it. I must admit I did like all the stuff they put in. i also noticed how the score had been changed completely. all in all an improvement.

Pirate-x-Girls