Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Troy

Old July 5th, 2004, 07:47 AM
10th Doctor's Companion

Thanks for the info, Pamela and LadyNin. Despite the mixed feelings about this movie and Orlando's performance, I really enjoyed the film and am looking forward to owning the DVD. I really hope they have some good deleted scenes and some good extras.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:12 AM
AryanaOrion

On the DVD release list of the Free Record Shop (a big dvd / video / music / games shop chain) Troy is listed to be released on november 3 here in Belgium. The list on the Free Record Shop site of the Netherlands doesn't seem to be updated yet (it ends somewhere in June), but I guess they'll have pretty much the same release date as the Belgian stores.
Old July 5th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

I just looked it up on amazon.de, they have a release for Troy in Germany on november, 13th.

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:33 PM
daydreamer58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_of_the_West
And I agree regarding the EE DVD's...all DVD's should be EE editions!
Hmmm... I wouldn't go that far. An extended edition of Gigli? Ahhh, I don't think so. But, yes, definitely one for Troy.
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Immortal Kiss

Oooh, two disks! That's awesome news :)
Old July 14th, 2004, 07:52 PM
clpm_9

A snippet of info I have found links for the Troy DVD at both play.com and sendit.com, release date 19th October but neither one has any information about what extras are included.

Here are the two links (play.com only ships certain places)

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page...2&title=181227

http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7100000021173

Charlotte
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Elements

October 19th? Excellent! I look forward to seeing what we get
Old July 15th, 2004, 01:51 AM
luv4ever

i heard in many places that the release date is going to be october 12. thats a week sooner. and i found on this troy sight proof that an extra scene was shot. heres the link. http://www.courage.touching-immortal...index.php?film scroll down to the bottom where there r pics.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 01:14 PM
Utterly Obsessed

any info on the special features yet? ????

probably some interview which have been on shows????
Old July 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

I just discovered that the movie on the german dvd is 2 minutes shorter than the one on the english dvd!!!

Now, in germany the age restriction for Troy is 12 years, in GB it's 15 years!!!
They were cutting a movie again to have more teens in cinemas and buy the dvd! - they did so with other movies, for instance Sleepy Hollow and Highlander (both six minutes) , to get under that german 16 years limit!!!

I'm fuming - and wondering which scene(s) they had cut on the german version ?

I'm definitly buying this at play.com <credit card is whimpering> - who needs german dubbing or subtitles anyway!!!

~ Naz ~

Old July 22nd, 2004, 06:21 PM
Dazed and Confused *narf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazgul88
I just discovered that the movie on the german dvd is 2 minutes shorter than the one on the english dvd!!!
*dun dun duunn* *scream in background* I can't believe it... not again! can't they just make two editions then? *sniff*
Old July 25th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Evenstar8301

Troy DVD

Hello Ladies,
Heard something really intersting while out with friends today. A dear friend of mine is getting married next month, while hanging out we were discussing movies and Troy came up. My friend's fiancee' thought it was weird but intersting at the same time. Anyways she menoited that she read some where that their were going to be two versions of Troy. R &...NC-17. ...
That's right kids, more Orli and Brad in the nude!! Has anyone heard or know if this is true??
Evenstar8301
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:58 AM
luv4ever

i havent heard that anywhere. i would think though that there would more be like a rated r version and an unrated version, that would be worse. but for me i would like just the rated r version, b/c im only 14 and since ive already seen it and i know what to expect, my mom would kill me if there was something worse on the other, b/c shes really strict about my movies. i just hope there is the theatrical version and an extended version.
Old August 5th, 2004, 04:20 PM
lazybone

There's a special wooden box set of Troy DVD coming out in Korea on Oct 12th, picture courtesy to PaPaDVD.com

It seems there'll be something like booklet in this set.
Attached Images

Old August 5th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Woa!

I hope something like that appears in europe as well!

~ Naz ~

Old August 5th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Can't wait til October.....

More Paris.....More Paris.....More Paris
Old August 5th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Angel_of_the_West

What more naked Paris? I'm not sure I could survive that!

Angel
Old August 6th, 2004, 01:30 AM
luv4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela
There's a special wooden box set of Troy DVD coming out in Korea on Oct 12th, picture courtesy to PaPaDVD.com

It seems there'll be something like booklet in this set.
OMG! i cant wait for this. i hope there is something like that coming out in the US. i just wish that the cover was different with hector and paris on it with him. lol. thanx for that. i cant wait!
Old August 7th, 2004, 01:35 AM
luv4ever

i dunno where this came from but my friend emailed me this pic of the US dvd cover:

thats the cover i want for it. but thats just me. lol. yeah. its two disc i cant wait till this comes out. october 12 is to far away. come sooner
Old August 9th, 2004, 05:32 AM
luv4ever

i dunno if this was posted already, but on videoETA i saw that the dvd wont come out until an estimated january 2005 thats terrible i hope its not true and comes out on oct 12 like everywhere said it would
Old August 9th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Utterly Obsessed

i hope europe gets a wooden box set like that too
Old August 24th, 2004, 03:07 AM
magsjags

WHAT?!?!?!?!

JANUARY 4TH, 2005 ?!?!

argggh!! RAGE!
Old August 24th, 2004, 04:40 AM
luv4ever

NOOOOOOOOOOO! the october date was bad enough. no, i cant wait that long. thats 7 months since the movie came out then. dont regular, non holiday movies come out in less than 6 months of the release date in the theatre? well, it better come soon then.
Old August 24th, 2004, 04:56 AM
lazybone

Yes, I heard the delayed release news here too. I think it's comfirmed now, coming out in Jan. 4th 2005.

Here are the details of the content:
2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen

English and French DD5.1 Surround
English, French and Spanish subtitles

Easter Eggs

3 Featurettes:
In The Thick of the Battle: Discover how Troy's epic battle sequences were created--from thousands of warrior-extras training in the scorching heat of Mexico to fierce, one on one duels to the death.

From Ruins to Reality: Explore how the ruins of ancient Troy were unearthed, and how Troy's production design magicians created their own version of this breathtaking, legendary city.

Troy: An Effects Odyssey: The secrets of Troy's stunning visual effects are revealed

Gallery of the Gods: Take a computer generated, 3-D tour of Mount Olympus and meet the fabled Gods of Ancient Greece
Theatrical Trailer
I don't know if it will have any cast or crew commentary... But since it is a two-disc, perhaps we can wait for the further information.

Below is the real closer look of the package.
Attached Images

Old August 24th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Angel_of_the_West

What??? January 2005? They have to be kidding right? That is just plan crazy and stupid releasing it after Christmas in a month when sales are low due to everyone having spent money at Christmas. I don't understand, sales would be higher if they released it before Christmas! And darnit, October would be so much better than January, not as long to wait.

Angel