Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Troy

Old April 29th, 2004, 06:30 AM
luv4ever

Troy DVD and director's cut

i saw this website just randomly and it lists release dates for forth coming dvds. and guess what they hae the troy release date. some of those dates always change and most of them r estimated dates. i dont remember the site but they said mid november it will come out and most likely be a double disk just like potc and lotr
Old April 29th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Only Orl!

thenx alot 4 the info.

ba bey
Old May 21st, 2004, 01:34 AM
luv4ever

According to German Amazon troy dvd comes out on November 13, 2004. its gonna be a 2 disc set and the cover will be the international poster with achilles and hector at the top and then in the bottom corner paris and helen about to kiss. cant wait for this. there on the amazon germany, u can preorder it.
Old May 21st, 2004, 01:37 AM
Andune

Yay!!!! That's not a bad wait! But I'm still going to make my tide-me-over-until-the-real-thing copy. I'm addicted now.
Old June 17th, 2004, 01:36 AM
luv4ever

according to this site, Troy will be released on October 19 on DVD. it is a Tuesday for those in the US. im not sure how accurate this is and it is a UK site so it may be different.
Old June 17th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Pixie

October 19!!!!!!! I got put that on my calendar! thanx!
Old June 17th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Can't wait for this DVD ! I've seen the movie 5 times, and each time enjoyed Paris's scenes more and more. Here's hoping there are a few deleted love scenes between Paris and Helen on the DVD, and some cute "goof" scenes !!!
Old June 17th, 2004, 11:54 PM
luv4ever

i want more helen and paris scenes too. and i think this movie is to serious to have bloopers.
Old June 20th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Stacey

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4ever
i want more helen and paris scenes too. and i think this movie is to serious to have bloopers.
Of course we want more Orli/Di scenes!!!

But you never know...they could be bloopers if we're lucky...
Old June 20th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Elements

I already mentioned this in another thread, but I will put it here too. By what Daniel Peterson said yesterday it seems that there will indeed be added scenes. I don't know whether that will be in the form of deleted scenes, or whether it will be an extended version of the film - the Directors Cut if you will. He specifically mentioned that the ending was different. Whether there will be other scenes along the way I don't know. And a blooper reel is something I always hope for.
Old June 20th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
I already mentioned this in another thread, but I will put it here too. By what Daniel Peterson said yesterday it seems that there will indeed be added scenes. I don't know whether that will be in the form of deleted scenes, or whether it will be an extended version of the film - the Directors Cut if you will. He specifically mentioned that the ending was different. Whether there will be other scenes along the way I don't know. And a blooper reel is something I always hope for.
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about this part! Yeah, it would be great if they had deleted scenes available or put back in! He said that the end involved seeing the refugees coming out of the tunnel with the smoulder ruins of Troy in the distance.

Whooo, blooper real! Yeah I second that one! They really don't include those often enough in DVD extra's for my liking!

Angel
Old June 20th, 2004, 11:23 PM
luv4ever

if they have a different ending, i hope the ending is...

spoilers for those who havent see it yet:

after paris gets briseis back they run back to the tunnel and u see them meet back with adromache and helen. that would be great.

end of spoilers

and if there r deleted scenes i hope there r a lot with hector and paris and helen. that would be perfect.

i still think this movie is too serious to have bloopers. but i want it. didnt say i didnt want it.
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Legolas, meleth uired-nin

Location: In a secure, undisclosed location with a certain Mirkwood Prince
October 19 is what I've heard. Tuesday is the traditional day for new releases here in the US. Can't wait!
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Threthiel

I can wait till October. I think!

A blooper part would be great. I would much prefer to see deleted scenes put in with the movie itself much like the EE LOTR DVD's. Or at least an option to do that if you wish.
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threthiel
I can wait till October. I think!

A blooper part would be great. I would much prefer to see deleted scenes put in with the movie itself much like the EE LOTR DVD's. Or at least an option to do that if you wish.
Argh October is too long!!! But I guess I have no choice but to wait!

Red as for a blooper reel, that would be great! I think we may get lucky with the deleted scenes. Daniel Petersen (Wolfgang Petersen's son) who gave a talk at the BM did mention deleted scenes and said that they might make it into the DVD...I do so hope he is right! Cause he did tell us about a different ending to the one we saw in the theatre's and I'd so want to be able to see it. So my fingers are tightly crossed!

Angel
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Threthiel

Yes that would be great Angel to have the bloopers. Happens to be one of my fav parts of POTC. I watch it all the time.

I hope they do go into more detail with the release of what happens to the people that escape, showing how they got out and all.
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:34 PM
In Valinor

I do think the LOTR EE DVD's have spoiled us all. Whenever I view other movie DVD extras, I'm always disappointed that we don't get the depth of material we got with LOTR. Still, I'll be snapping up the Troy DVD before you can say "Bob's your uncle"! Let's hear it for deleted scenes and blooper reels!
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Yes that would be great Angel to have the bloopers. Happens to be one of my fav parts of POTC. I watch it all the time.

I hope they do go into more detail with the release of what happens to the people that escape, showing how they got out and all.
Daniel did show us a pic of an area where the refugees come out from the tunnels. And said that was the different ending, seeing them escape with the city burning behind them.

Angel
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Threthiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_of_the_West
Daniel did show us a pic of an area where the refugees come out from the tunnels. And said that was the different ending, seeing them escape with the city burning behind them.

Angel
That would be good then. I really didn't like the way it ended with they went in and then..... did they come out? Were they captured/killed?

And El your so right, I am so spoiled over the EE DVD's that I want them all to be that way, and well they should!
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
That would be good then. I really didn't like the way it ended with they went in and then..... did they come out? Were they captured/killed?

And El your so right, I am so spoiled over the EE DVD's that I want them all to be that way, and well they should!
I think the ending Daniel spoke of would clarify things more. And I agree regarding the EE DVD's...all DVD's should be EE editions!

Angel
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Threthiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_of_the_West
I think the ending Daniel spoke of would clarify things more. And I agree regarding the EE DVD's...all DVD's should be EE editions!

Angel
OR at least we should have the option to spend the extra cash on it.

Ok, so maybe I can't wait till October...I so wish I could go view it once more..
Old July 4th, 2004, 09:00 AM
lazybone

I've got the latest information from my friend.

There will be a two-disc edition released in November 5. But as far as I know, it is the releasing date in UK, region 2.

No further information of the content, But I will try to find out more.
Old July 4th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Elements

Two discs is good! I imagine that we will get the making of programme that was on telly, but hopefully the deleted scene will be there - either in the film or as a scene you can watch like with BHD. November is a long way off though - but I can wait. I've given up wishing my life away for the sake of films
Old July 5th, 2004, 12:49 AM
luv4ever

i heard a lot of places october 19 in the US. and woohoo, its a two disk!
Old July 5th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Bewitched

According to Video ETA, it's October 12 in the US ...

Troy release info