Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Troy

Old May 11th, 2004, 02:07 AM
In Valinor

I understand your disappointment, however, you did say "if he does, he's a deserter!". Perhaps you did not mean to put that negative spin on his inability to attend, but that is how it came across. Let's leave it.

In terms of US or premieres elsewhere, I would say that at least with this film, since it was produced by Warners Bros, Radiant Productions and Plan B (Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston's production company), all US based companies, that it is actually surprising that there was only one US premiere. It was fitting that the World Premiere was in German honoring Wolfgang Petersen, but just because fans feel one way, it does not dictate what the studios do. More's the pity but them's the breaks. :)
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Nabila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaratoiel
I didn't say he is.

I feel that way, because it's most of the times so that premieres are most of the time held in the US and this was one of those rare opportunities that could've actually gone there and see Orlando. But no, he can't come. It's just so unfair. I don't blame him, but I'm just so disappointed....
I agree, as you know from msn lol.! Lucky americans! But it's still not 100% for sure is it. He is still busy with KOH.
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Nevaratoiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabila
Quote:
I didn't say he is.

I feel that way, because it's most of the times so that premieres are most of the time held in the US and this was one of those rare opportunities that could've actually gone there and see Orlando. But no, he can't come. It's just so unfair. I don't blame him, but I'm just so disappointed....
I agree, as you know from msn lol.! Lucky americans! But it's still not 100% for sure is it. He is still busy with KOH.
Ahem... I hope he will be busy for some time.... Oops... sorry, didn't mean that....

PS: Nab... should you be in bed?! It's already late for little girls!
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Nabila

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't say he is.

Ahem... I hope he will be busy for some time.... Oops... sorry, didn't mean that....

PS: Nab... should you be in bed?! It's already late for little girls!
Me too.!

Lol it's late for you too.! Don't worry i will be off soon.!
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Nevaratoiel

Quote:
Lol it's late for you too.! Don't worry i will be off soon.!
Yeah, but I've reached adulthood
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:27 AM
In Valinor

Ladies, keep on topic. Take other asides to PM's, ok? :)
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Nabila

Sorry.!
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Nevaratoiel

Sorr-Y!!!!

Anyways. I hope Orlando will come to a Europe premiere soon... I don't care... ANY premiere!
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Nabila

Quote:
Sorr-Y!!!!

Anyways. I hope Orlando will come to a Europe premiere soon... I don't care... ANY premiere!
I really do too, and one near Denmark or IN Denmark, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.!
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:49 AM
luv4ever

here's a clip from the premiere from etonline. it should also air tonight. i wish orli was there. he hasnt been anywhere for awhile since shooting KoH. he better be at the NY one. he needs a well deserved break. he needs to be there for his next big, epic, unforgettable movie!
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/mini/smg2004/2004/05/10/troybts/
Old May 11th, 2004, 03:06 AM
LegolasIsMyOneRing

ok well not to sure where i should post this link but i was Browseing WireImage just now and they have 7 pics of of Brad and Jennifer but i and sure there will be more pics coming soo! so any way since this is the peremiere thread just thought i would post the link here!

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...888&nbc1=1

EDIT TO ADD:

ok i find some more images on Getty as well! hehe no images of Orlando being there so i am hoping he was then i will be kicking my self in the A$$ for not going lol! but i want to see New Pics of him lol!

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...emiere&p=7
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:46 AM
luv4ever

noooooooooooo!
orlando wasnt at the NY premiere of troy.i just saw all the pics and he wasnt in any of them. man when is he going to be there?!
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Andune

Man, that KoH schedule must be keepin' him busy....second movie he's not been able to make any of the premieres! Poor guy doesn't need another movie to do - he needs a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation.
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:56 AM
luv4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andune
Man, that KoH schedule must be keepin' him busy....second movie he's not been able to make any of the premieres! Poor guy doesn't need another movie to do - he needs a looooooooooooooooooooooong vacation.
i agree completely. and sure do many of us. and then after that he probably cant go anywhere when he is done with KoH 'cause he has to shoot Elizabethtown. that busy, busy man. o well. thats what we and he gets when we want to get entertained by orli.
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Andune

Yes, but I would rather he not suffer a breakdown or push himself to complete exhaustion just to please the fans. I'd like to hear about him taking well-deserved breaks as well. By the time he's done with Elizabethtown, it'll be off to the Caribbean to do POTC2. He can't keep going on like that.
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:25 AM
LegolasIsMyOneRing

Quote:
Yes, but I would rather he not suffer a breakdown or push himself to complete exhaustion just to please the fans. I'd like to hear about him taking well-deserved breaks as well. By the time he's done with Elizabethtown, it'll be off to the Caribbean to do POTC2. He can't keep going on like that.
oh i agree with ya poor guy surly can't keep going on like that man! i just hope he doesn't burn his pretty self out! although i think its great that he keeps getting movie deals and want not but man somtimes ya just need a break! i know i couldn't go on like that!
Old May 11th, 2004, 09:18 AM
brodie

Yes, I agree with everyone that he does need a vacation... he can come take a holiday down here in Middle Earth anytime I just hope he doesn't overwork himself, like people have said before me
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Sazi

Awww... no Orlando No new pictures I'm really starting to miss him, you know
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Andune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegolasIsMyOneRing
Quote:
oh i agree with ya poor guy surly can't keep going on like that man! i just hope he doesn't burn his pretty self out! although i think its great that he keeps getting movie deals and want not but man somtimes ya just need a break! i know i couldn't go on like that!
I've done that! I'm still trying to get over this cold - it never really goes away. I've always got a little sniffle, which eventually progresses into a cold. He needs a break.
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Threthiel

I loved that Brian Cox wore a kilt, so awesome. And his lady friend's dress was so cool looking, like a character out of LOTR. Hopefully there will be some new pics of him from Cannes.
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Andune

One can only hope. It'll be nice to have some fresh visuals.
Old May 11th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Nabila

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4ever
Quote:
i agree completely. and sure do many of us. and then after that he probably cant go anywhere when he is done with KoH 'cause he has to shoot Elizabethtown. that busy, busy man. o well. thats what we and he gets when we want to get entertained by orli.
Yeah and he also said he should take the offers now that he's getting so many, so i do understand him.. but i want my baby to take a long vacation! He so needs it.!
Old May 11th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Nabila

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazi
Awww... no Orlando No new pictures I'm really starting to miss him, you know
Me too..! Though like i said earlier, i'm glad he didn't attend the NY premiere! lol you know why..
Old May 12th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Nevaratoiel

Quote:
It might be me, but hasn't Orlando said sometime that he just acts, because he likes it and he sees it as a job. Well, apparently he likes to work hard and he doesn't do it specifically for the fans.
Sure, Orlando is not dumb so he knows what he does is for entertainment, but I don't think that's his main reason... well, he said it's not.
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:55 AM
luv4ever

he better go to cannes. we need new pics and vids and orlando needs a well deserved break.