Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Troy

Old July 8th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Angel_of_the_West

Whooo this is great. Can't read now, but will definitely be reading when I get home from work

Angel

Last edited by Angel_of_the_West; July 8th, 2004 at 10:55 AM.
Old July 14th, 2004, 03:19 AM
citylove

See, that's so fantastic. I just wish they'd used more of the stuff between Hector and Paris. I just started reading, but it makes such a difference! Le sigh. Thanks, EL!
Old July 17th, 2004, 02:05 AM
DMW3

yeah, that scene with Melenaus offering 'mistresses' to Hector and pointing out that he also likes the odd mistress or two...'wives are for producing princes..' would have set up the whole Helen leaving with Paris thing so much better. It would have also made you understand why Helen found Paris such a 'catch', because Helen was the centre of Paris's attentions. The whole isn't he sweet he needs me thing between Helen and Paris would have made more sense for the rest of the film.

Diane
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:13 AM
angelblu

thats so cute!
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:34 AM
angelblu

Yeah i thought the movie was just excellent! Well hmm my favorite scene would have to be when Paris and Menuilis are fighting. It's such a power scene to see Paris step up and fight for his death! Granted he couldn't go through it and begged for his brother to save but you can see the intenseanity in Paris' eyes and see how scared he was! It's kind of funny because i was scared for him i was like squirmming in seat kind of repeating to myself "Go Paris Go Paris don't die you cant die ....kill him kill him!......no! don't ask for help you coward!" So i guess its a great movie when i get attachted to the charatars. I think my favorite line in the movie is Hector:what about the men and their wives and children? Achillies:Maybe you should tell your brother. I hear he is good at comforting other peoples wives.....ok well i dunno if it was exactly like that but its close enough
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:20 AM
Utterly Obsessed

that is really good , lol
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:12 PM
Dazed and Confused *narf*

that's great! thanks!
and honestly... I had the Legolas-thought when Paris takes out his bow...
Old July 21st, 2004, 08:46 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I MISS LEGOLAS

Got to watch my DVD tonight !!!
Old August 14th, 2004, 04:37 PM
pheradariel

those 5 seconds where Paris is totally undressed *winks* and holds up a pearl necklace. (saw the movie twice)
Old August 19th, 2004, 02:24 AM
POTCobsessed6

My favorite Troy scenes

Well i loved the whole movie, beginning to end. Every last second. But some scenes that stuck out for me were the whole bedroom scene with Helen and Paris, when Brises and Achilles met, when Hector says he wants to be there fo rhis little son, and hell I may as well type the whole frikken script right here. Lol. I loved when Helen wanted to go with Paris to find Briseis but he sad that they would be together in this world or the next, I though that was so sincere and sexy. And they parted but did meet again. I was glad that Paris was King at the end but there wasn't much of Troy left, was there. Anyway, Paris is the hottest wimp ever!
Old August 21st, 2004, 09:58 AM
angelblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheradariel
those 5 seconds where Paris is totally undressed *winks* and holds up a pearl necklace. (saw the movie twice)
Oh totally!!! That was sucha hott scene!
Old August 21st, 2004, 01:28 PM
SherinaSue

Okay, I'm gonna be odd woman out here and say I did not like the nakedness- I like hints of nudity better, (I think it still conveys that they have just had sex) and also, it disturbs my whole "Orlando is sacred and only my husband is for looking at naked" thing.

One of my favorites is when he send everyone off through the tunnel and goes back himself to fetch Briseis, I love him kissing the baby nephew on the head, and also, the whole thing about "How could you love me if I ran now?"

Last edited by SherinaSue; August 21st, 2004 at 01:42 PM.
Old August 24th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Sweet Pea

My favorite part of Troy was...well you know and when after he fought and ran like a cowerd (thats what my mommie says) and holds on to Hectors leg. His face that he makes is sooo cute and I wish I was there to tell him everything will be ok and also when he looks at Helen from across the table when they are having the toast in the begining of the movie.
Old August 29th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Malene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherinaSue

One of my favorites is when he send everyone off through the tunnel and goes back himself to fetch Briseis, I love him kissing the baby nephew on the head, and also, the whole thing about "How could you love me if I ran now?"
Yes,that is one of my favourites too,Sherina.
Old October 31st, 2004, 12:42 PM
MrsTurner

I have a few fave scenes:
The love scenes of course
Those huge fireballs - they looked amazing!
The Hector Achilles fight scene, although i didnt like Hector dying
When you see all the boats going to Troy
and of course, every Paris scene. Everytime i saw him my heart did flip flops!
Old December 7th, 2004, 03:47 AM
texasreina

Favorite Paris moments. The first scene, when he's looking at Helen from across the table. To the moment he enters her bedroom. The look on his face. His eyes, don't they just tell you what he's thinking. Oh God he was gorgeous. His half naked sweaty body shimmering in the night. You could almost smell the sex in the room.

The scene on the boat with Hector. When he tells Hector that if he should send Helen back, he will go back with her. Poor silly boy.

The beautiful shot of Paris and Helen riding the chariot the flower petal falling on their heads. The way he looks at her. He really loves her.

The scene in their bedroom. He's trying to convince her to runaway with him. He's so naive but so scrumptious, especially when his bare chest is staring me in the face.

Unfornately I had to leave the theather when Menulas started kissing his ***. But I did live when he told Menulas, "It was daylight when your wife left you." Yeah Paris you tell me.

I did like when he ran back for the swore of Troy before the fight began. His heart felt confession to Helen, that he gave up his pride to live. I could just cry.

Right before Hector's big battle, the embrace between two brothers. Paris tells Hector, "Your the best man I know." I feel there should have been more scene with them but that's another thread.

When the Trojan was celebrating and Paris and Helen are sitting down looking at them. The look of disgust on Paris's face. He tells Helen, "Look at them you think their Prince had never die."

Oh the cutes scene was when Paris kisses his nephews' head.

The entire scene with the young boy and when he hands over the swore of Troy. He passes on the swore he said, "Our people will be safe as long as the swore is in the hand of a Trojan."

He sends Helen on through the tunnel. "My father will never leave Troy and I can't leave him. How could you even love me if I ran now." He kisses her. "We will be together in this world or the next."

And finally when he kills Achilles. The look on his face was priceless. I love every scene with Paris and wished for more.
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:15 AM
Lemmewinks10

Where he tells Hector about Helen ! Partly also because you get both of them in one scene
Old December 11th, 2004, 03:34 PM
pheradariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherinaSue
, it disturbs my whole "Orlando is sacred and only my husband is for looking at naked" thing.
My god... you make me feel like a perv... LOL
Old January 19th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Queenie

I printed that one out from the One Ring Site and have it up on my wall in work. I couldn't believe it when I saw it because I made practically the same remark to my younger sis when I first went to see Troy in the cinema.

I agree with you Leggybelle - I miss Legolas as well. Have to feed a serious addiction at least once a week. Would love Orli to stick on the costume and run around as Leggy for a while. I love the way he talks about him - with such affection - he misses him too!!
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:24 AM
unbraided elf

Who wouldn't miss playing that brave, gorgeous, blue-eyed, long blond haired, lithe.......oh umm...sorry. Loved the comic, thanks.
Old January 20th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Queenie

Well that turned out quite well. Went home this evening and browsed through the channels and The Two Towers was on so I just had to watch it. Even though I could get the DVDs out any time its not the same as coming accross it unexpectedly especially when I had just been thinking about Leggy!!!
Old January 20th, 2005, 11:34 AM
lovin_leggie

hew he he thats funni the only missing is *inhale* rent boy, will, todd, peter, joe, balian, drew and shy
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:44 AM
MrsTurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
Well that turned out quite well. Went home this evening and browsed through the channels and The Two Towers was on so I just had to watch it. Even though I could get the DVDs out any time its not the same as coming accross it unexpectedly especially when I had just been thinking about Leggy!!!
Im the same!

and yeh this is hilarious.
Old January 22nd, 2005, 10:16 AM
Utterly Obsessed

i think that would of made a great movie
Old January 25th, 2005, 05:19 PM
daydreamer58

Troy Nominated for Best Costume

As you probably know by now, the Academy Award nominations were announced early this morning and among the nominees was Troy for Best Costume Design. From IMDb's "Road to the Oscars" page:

Best Achievement in Costume Design

Nominees:
The Aviator (2004) - Sandy Powell
Finding Neverland (2004) - Alexandra Byrne
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004) - Colleen Atwood
Ray (2004/I) - Sharen Davis
Troy (2004) - Bob Ringwood

Well, at least it's something.