Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Troy

Old May 18th, 2004, 05:13 AM
luv4ever

Troy gushing; talk about the movie, some news etc

i found this post on a Live Journal site. it has some lines from cut scenes from Troy. i'm not sure how true this all is, but it is interesting to read.

Please be warned that this community does contain material beyond PG-13 and may be offensive to some.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...ash/25593.html

Edited by Moderator to include warning
Old May 18th, 2004, 03:50 PM
leciel

thx for posting
it´s really interesting
Old May 18th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Pixie

These scenes sound juicy! I do hope their on the DVD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Ah those are some interesting scenes. The one between Paris and Hector I would like to see. Would be nice to see another scene between the two brothers.

The scene with Helen and Paris that was changed, I must admit that I think it worked best how we saw it in the movie. This one seems a little out of character for both. How we see Paris in the movie, he is more likely to suggest running away than Helen would. But it is interesting to see how they changed it.

Thanks for that!

Angel
Old May 18th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Aroreiel

That seemed like a good scene, between Paris and Hector. I would have liked to have seen that.

..and that Ajax/Odysseus comment was funny.
Old May 19th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Nabila

Interesting. Yeah I hope they're on the dvd too.! :)
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:37 PM
estella_84

Me, too. I liked the way the scene between Paris and Helen was changed in the film, it is better than the written one.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Heather_Lea

Your fave scenes Paris of Troy

I have a bunch of favorite scenes and there all not Orlandos *GASP*
Like the scene when Archillies was calling out for Hector, my friend and I were holding in our laugh in as much as we could, and we were like it's almost as he is calling out for his bottle when he was a baby. :)
Or the scene when Paris hits Menuilis at least once.
And when Paris is practicing with the bow and arrow, or when Hector and Archillies is fighting....what am I saying? the whole film was a masterpiece, having to stand on an exact duplicate of Troy on set, working with such great actors as Peter O'Toole and director...another great epic to add to the list.
And Orlando is in four or five of them...let's see,
LOTR trilogy
Pirates
and Troy and adding soon KOH, notice in the previews of King Arther Kiera Knightly was an archer like Legolas? totaly off topic there.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 07:19 PM
alexa2588

There were a lot of scenes that I absolutely loved that didn't involve Orlando.

Like the part when Hector says he wants 2 c his boy grow and watch the girls chase after him.
I also liked the fact that Aquiles was a very noble bad guy. He was so kind to Briseis. I felt bad when she saw him die.

But my favorite Orli part was when he gave the Trojan sword to the kid at the end. I was like he finally did something right.

I think this was a good character for Orli, it gives him a chance 2 grow as an actor. Even though he played a sexy wimp, I still love him!!!
Old May 23rd, 2004, 08:14 PM
SueJo2

I think this was a good character for Orli, it gives him a chance 2 grow as an actor. Even though he played a sexy wimp, I still love him!!!
I agree. My favorite scene of all was Orlando locking Helen's door and then putting his hands on her neck.

SueJo
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:13 PM
Andune

I loved the whole Last Night in Sparta scene, from when Paris and Helen look across at each other from the table to the end of the bedroom scene, and when Hector and Paris are on the boat. Also the whole scene between Paris and Helen in his bedroom, Paris and Menelaus the next day, Helen stitching up Paris' leg, Paris finally becoming a brave man when he goes in search of Briseis and does some fighting, and all the Hector/Andromache scenes.

Although I adored the bedroom scenes between Paris and Helen, it's the Hector and Andromache scenes that were my all-time favourites. Hector is probably my favourite character (Paris coming in a close second).
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Angel_of_the_West

My favourite Paris moment..or moments. I think that would have to be the nekkid scene Kidding, yes did love that, boy did I love that But I loved the moment during the 'court' scene when all are gathered to discuss the impending war. Paris stands up and declares there will be no war because he will fight Menelaus.." The loser will burn before night fall" You can see he is terrified, but this is Paris trying to do the right thing. Trying to not have Hector fight his war for him. He looks so afraid, but is clearly determined to do the right thing. And the fight scene with Menelaus, that is so hard to watch. Paris is so afraid and he tries, but in the end being human the fear gets the better of him and seeing him cling desperately to Hector's leg, is just so hard to watch.

No wonder Orlando found that scene so difficult to film! Not easy to be that much of a coward!

I must say though if there is one scene in the movie that is my favourite above all else, including any scene with Paris. It has to be when Priam goes to Achilles and asks for Hectors body. That was just so perfectly played by both Brad and Peter O Toole! That, if there were only one scene that could win an award, that scene would be it. So powerful and moving!

Angel
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:18 AM
luv4ever

i like all the scenes with paris in it. even though the scene where he gets beaten up by menelaus. it wasnt very nice, but it had him in it. i especially like the scenes where he talks to helen, about his love for her. luv that prince but there want enough orlando and paris wasnt kinda a bad boy.
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Luv_That_Elvish_Prince

Is my favorite, I love that scene. I think that it is a great scene. Orlando is such a sweetie. I think that he did an awesome job in this movie, This is the fifth time that I have done this letter, but it won't show up on the board. It keeps saying it is there, but won't show up. I hope this one works. Orlando taking this opportunity in his career was a great decision, He wanted to be something other than someone that is always the hero, I think he did it very well, though he was still holding a sword and a bow and arrow, he looks forward to movies where he's a strictly lover and not a fighter, but until then he will enjoy the movies he is in, and I will too.
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Lemmewinks10

I pretty much liked all the parts Paris came out !
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Nabila

Lol very funny!

Old May 26th, 2004, 03:18 AM
luv4ever

thats funny.
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Gone bush!

RIP HEATH
*Beautiful icon animation by Kat-thanks*
*Gorgeous siggy by Nel*
*Thanks to Mata for icon*

*Don't Tell The Elf!*
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Néldoreth

That´s funny. Go Leggie!
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Elements

That's funny, I like that!
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Snowflake

Old May 28th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Legessa

Thanks. I needed a good laugh. :rofl:
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Enelya

Now that's my idea of an epic story. Thanks for posting that.

Enelya
Old May 29th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Elo

That's great!

I expected something like this...
Old May 29th, 2004, 09:54 PM
clpm_9

oh thats funny

It certainly would have been an interesting twist…