Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Movies/TV/Stage -various smaller roles and projects > Black Hawk Down

Old April 5th, 2004, 04:59 PM
In Valinor

Well, I cannot believe I forgot to start a forum about this film. self.

I have to admit though, I have not seen the movie as I suspected the intensity of dramatizing a real event might upset me too much. I felt the same way about "Schindler's List". However, after Serein did the screencaps of an adorably young Orlando as Todd Blackburn, I'm getting more interested!

Here's a new pic of Orlando as Todd, from Courtney as posted on OBM

And here are some screencaps by Serein.

Full collection here
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Threthiel

Aww SQUEEEE! You should watch it, it's very good, even if he doesn't appear in the rest of the movie. Even in a neck brace he looks good, see those pecs and hard stomach. Red smacks herself, the boy is injured, Hello? Um, yes, those are great thanks Serein. I always loved the part where they are all sitting around, and he's laughing, he just looks so darn cute!

On a side note, I mostly laugh at Ewan's attempt to sound American, it seems his accent jumps in sometimes in the film. But it's so cute!
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Sazi

I saw the movie just recently, although I must admit I skipped the parts that Orlando wasn't in, not my kind of movie. But he is cute in the movie. And it must've been really strange for him to fall out of a helicopter and break his back only a few years after breaking his back in real life!
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Elements

The shots of him in hospital always make me wince a little. It must have been quite hard for him to film those scenes, taking him back to a time I am sure he would not want to revisit perhaps such a physical way. I just to nurse him back to health!
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
The shots of him in hospital always make me wince a little. It must have been quite hard for him to film those scenes, taking him back to a time I am sure he would not want to revisit perhaps such a physical way. I just to nurse him back to health!

You said what I was thinking, Ele!

Sazi, I'm with you I'd never have gone to see this movie had it not been for Orlando being in it. I don't enjoy war movies, especially very graphic ones!

And I will admit looking at those screencaps, especially of the ones in hospital in the neck brace and the fact that he's shirtless...I had actually totally forgotten that! That is incredible, me forgetting Orlando being topless in BHD? I think it speaks for how I felt about the movie, I really didn't want to remember it too well, 'cause the subject matter of the movie was so disturbing to me.

Angel
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Aroreiel

Mmmmm, a man in uniform...how sexy! Especially Orlando and Eric Bana. They are gorgeous in this.

The movie is good too. I'm not big on war-type films but this was interesting. I'm not sure about Orlando's (or a lot of the other actors) attempts at an American accent. A little dodgy in my opinion.

But Orlando did his best, and it was good. I do like that bit with Eric and Orlando and him saying to Eric "There's a line" "..and this ain't the back of it." Something like that...hehe.
Old April 5th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Sazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_of_the_West
And I will admit looking at those screencaps, especially of the ones in hospital in the neck brace and the fact that he's shirtless...
I had actually totally forgotten that! That is incredible, me forgetting Orlando being topless in BHD? I think it speaks for how I felt about the movie, I really didn't want to remember it too well, 'cause the subject matter of the movie was so disturbing to me.
Aaaarch... he didn't have a shirt on? <Sazi goes back to have another look at the pictures>
OMG!!! HE HAS NO SHIRT ON! I was so feeling sorry for him that I didn't see that!!!! How could I have missed that one???

Ok... and now that I DID see it... excuse me a minute while I
Old April 5th, 2004, 09:21 PM
dream wanderer

I like war movies, GOOD war movies anyway and I might have seen this even if Orlando hadn't been in it...but he did very well. I liked what Ewan and Eric Bana did with their parts...not to mention Jason Issacs.

We were talking on another board about how good it was for Orlando's career to have taken this role. It introduced him to Ridley Scott..Jerry Brukheimer saw him and made a mental note of him for Pirates...no down side to it at all! Except for maybe the poor squeamish fans who can't bring themselves to watch war movies...I can sympathize a bit. I could barely watch the Gangs of New York and I can't watch most horror movies. I still haven't seen The Passion of the Christ because I have a thing with one-on-on violence. Violence against a crowd I can take..one person getting a beating or whatever I can't.

Whenever any blowhard says Orlando can't act I always run down the list of people who apparently thinks he can....staring with Brukheimer and Scott.

dream wanderer
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:21 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Orlando made a very smart career choice in taking a small role in BHD. As DW mentioned, it certainly gave him the opportunity to work with the right people. Apparently, despite his little role, he made enough of an impression for Bruckheimer to cast him in PotC and Scott to want him for KoH. So, take THAT, naysayers.

That pic of Orlando in BHD isn't really new. It's from the Extras DVD in the 3-disc set. I made caps for the behind the scenes as well but a certain somebody forgot to do the gallery *coughELcough*.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Threthiel

Well thank you Serein for all your hardwork on this.

I do miss seeing men in uniform.
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:32 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

No problem. The hardest part of making these caps is not going overboard. Here are a few more behind the scenes caps:

Old April 5th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Elements

I swear I have watched this DVD so many times... and watched the film about twice! I LOVE the special features. SO much Orlando yumminess!!!!!
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:45 PM
dream wanderer

I like the one where he is walking in to get his haircut..as I said I would have watched this movie anyway. Had I not known who he was at the time I would have had a "Who is THAT? moment right about there...

dream wanderer
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Righto! I've been holding off getting BHD on DVD...But after those behind the scenes shots. I'm so going to Amazon right now to order it! I see bubblegum tongue again! GAH!

Angel
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:53 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

My husband had a really hard time watching this movie. He was frustrated beyond belief that gunships weren't sent in to take care of business. I tried to explain to him there was all this background as to why that wasn't possible but I think he just needed to let go of the tension. The whole point of the movie WAS the tension and frustration, IMO. I do wish they had explained a little more of the back story in the beginning.

I don't even like war movies but this one grabbed me. I didn't even know who Orlando was when I saw this. It got me interested enough to read a little more about the situation. I am so not into politics but this was such a well made film, I couldn't help getting into it. Isn't THAT ironic? I've seen it numerous times yet my husband can't bear to watch again.

Old April 5th, 2004, 10:53 PM
dream wanderer

There is a pic in the special section of Jerry Brukeheimer's photo journal of Orlando and Eric (and I think Ridely Scott and Jason Issacs are in the same pic) If you can find it that one should go up here as well..

Thanks for doing this! :)

dream wanderer
Old April 5th, 2004, 11:01 PM
In Valinor

Oh MY BAD. Yes, Serein uploaded those caps like last week and ...uh...I forgot! self again.

eta: Ok, here are the Behind the Scenes Screencaps
Old April 5th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Catz

Thank you oh screen cap goddess.
I love this man.
It's an amazing film with wonderful performances all round.
Catz xxx
Old April 5th, 2004, 11:10 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

DW, do you mean this one?

Oops, how did this one get in there?

Old April 5th, 2004, 11:11 PM
In Valinor

Gah! Eric looks mighty HOT like that. Uh oh...here I go...
Old April 5th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Whoa! Serien...wicked girl! You trying to cause heart failure with that Eric pic? *fans self*

And once again I wonder if I was sleeping through this movie and where I've been all this time...I hadn't remembered that Eric and Orlando and been in a movie together I really do have to watch this movie again! I did watch it, I remember certain things, but Orlando half nekkid, and Eric in the movie...on a bunk half nekkid. I must have been off with the Elves in cloud lala land!

Angel
Old April 6th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Threthiel

Eric looks so hot there! Seeing the haircutting caps reminds me of my time spent on base with my ex, I watched alot of boys get there hair cut off. That's actually where my oldest got his first haircut. I like him with his hair this way too, but I guess that's cause I have so use to seeing that for so long.

Serein, your doing great, and how can you have too many!

EL, we forgive you, this time!
Old April 6th, 2004, 03:57 AM
dream wanderer

Yes..that's the pic I was thinking of. Thanks..

dream wanderer
Old April 6th, 2004, 06:22 AM
10th Doctor's Companion

Forgot this cute little picture from the Photo Gallery.

Old April 6th, 2004, 06:23 AM
In Valinor

Awww, how adorable. Yipers but he was young.