Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Movies/TV/Stage -various smaller roles and projects > Black Hawk Down

Old June 13th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Andune

I remember watching an A&E special when this movie came out, and it went along the same lines as the movie, except reenactments and interviews with the actual guys. I don't remember one with the real Todd, but I do remember them mentioning that he went on to be a police officer in NY or something.
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:56 AM
SherinaSue

My brother read the nook he wrote, but I don't remember if they used his accounts for the movie- he wouldn't have been aware of much.
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Elements

There is a picture of the real Todd on OBF I think. I know that I have it somewhere but it would probably be easier to find on the net than in my cd's And yes apparently he did go on to be a police officer, and the other thing they mentioned was that he was in no way as 'green' as they made out in the film, it wasn't his first duty. SinLooWho knows quite a bit about this I seem to remember, perhaps she can help us out.
Old June 14th, 2004, 11:07 PM
dream wanderer

Mark Bowden wrote the Book for Black Hawk Down..I was unaware that Todd Blackburn wrote anything.

dream wanderer
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Utterly Obsessed

thats cool , i wonder if orlando read the book to get into character
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:11 PM
dr.

http://www.nightstalkers.com/tfrange...kdown/now.html
Pfc. Todd Blackburn recovered from the injuries he received falling from a helicopter at the beginning of the fight, and now lives in Pensacola, Fla.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
tori

I dont think they would have had any interveiws with him because he suffered severe head injuries and couldnt even remember the mission or something. He's now a cop apparently.

Theres a whole heap of stuff on him in Wikipedia
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
besotted with buttons

was just reading about it- that he was 20 not 18 (ok so that is still too young) but had been in service a while. No one really seems to know what happened, whether he missed the rope or the helicopter veered and he let go. But either way it can't be completely unusual for someone to have an accident slipping down a rope 70ft from the ground and in the anticipation of battle. The reports are pretty hard reading of the incursion and how the plans all went to ****, how badly he was injured and not expected to live.
hmmm
Of course was a bit of a watershed at the time in terms of American Foreign policy, the UN and intervention. Interesting...

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:01 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Doing a bit of research, eh nuit? *poke poke*

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:56 AM
besotted with buttons

maybe...! Reading about the operation and its effects and the reviews of the film, I might just have to get a copy then ;P

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:49 PM
On a Yellow Slide

You'll have to let me know when you've watched it, nuit! I'm interested in your impressions of the film.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old October 5th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. View Post
http://www.nightstalkers.com/tfrange...kdown/now.html
Pfc. Todd Blackburn recovered from the injuries he received falling from a helicopter at the beginning of the fight, and now lives in Pensacola, Fla.
Wow - Pensacola is only 60 miles from me :)