Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar > Eric Bana

Old June 19th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Pixie

I can't wait for that movie to come out! You have two people (Bana and Spielberg) who are amazing at what they do! It's gonna be amazing!
Old June 23rd, 2004, 08:57 AM
Mrs. Brian Epkeen

Lightbulb

This sounds like a good movie, but now I'm completely distracted by thoughts of Eric as a pirate! I have to say I'd like him to be kind of a naughty pirate like Jack, but maybe not so kooky! And of course only half-dressed for the majority of the film! There's still time for casting... a girl can dream can't she?!

Gorgeous avatar and signature by erendira!
Old June 23rd, 2004, 08:06 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

This is so Andune can earn her last 10 pts. I make no promises about WHEN your request will be filled (as I said, the ONLY request vid I've ever done took me six whole months!), but I ask the question now in case you need time to figure it out (although I'm betting you have the answer within 2 minutes).

Occasionally when I vid, I will be very fortunate and come across what I call a "perfect accident." This is when I'm all done editing my vid, I make it, go through and watch it and notice a REALLY awesome edit that I had absolutely no idea happened. I didn't TRY for it, I didn't intend it to be there, but there it is and it's really cool.

There is a "perfect accident" in this video. For all the times I went back and watched the vid after it was made, I never noticed it; it was my bro CJ who, on his FIRST VIEWING, pointed it out to me (he has an eye for this stuff which is why he's better than me!). I was stunned and went back to make sure he was right, and he totally was.

So, Andune, if you can name the "perfect accident" moment in the vid, you get 10 more points, and you'll have enough for that vid request
Old June 23rd, 2004, 08:21 PM
Andune

Shoot, and I'm not at home to look at it!! Darn!!! I sooooooooooooooooooo want to answer this question!
Old June 23rd, 2004, 10:06 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

There's SO not a rush, Andune. Actually, the longer you take, the better for me since I've just started production on another Eric related vid
Old June 24th, 2004, 12:22 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Tell Me A Lie-Hector/Andromache vid

Well, I'm so upset by the shenanigans and goings on as of late that I couldn't sleep. You know how gross it is to see the sky light up at 5 a.m. when you have a dentist appointment in just a few hours? The late hours were good for something, though. New vid.

WARNING! IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY OR OBJECT TO THE USE OF BOOTLEG MATERIAL, THIS VID IS NOT FOR YOU!! If it doesnít bother you, then, I hope you enjoy. This is my first vid from the movie Troy which is ironic because I always thought Iíd make a Paris vid first and foremost. Funny old world, innit?

But, last night my brother was going through his WWE Anthology album, and we were reminiscing when we came across ďTell Me A Lie,Ē the Shawn Michaels tribute song. I know this song by HEART, and when I heard it, memories came flooding back to me. And, as often happens these days thanks to this hobby of mine, as the lyrics started running in my head, a vid started forming. This is a very sad song, folks, so prepare for much angst. But, such was the relationship of Hector and Andromache, so I felt the song fit them to...a...tee!!

Unfortunately, like Will and Elizabeth from Pirates, these two arenít on screen together much and when they are, itís not very hands-on. So, I used some images along with video and did what I could. I freely admit this isn't one of my best. I'm probably gonna try re-working it in the next few days when I'm not so upset, but in all honesty, because I'm trying to tell their story through the lyrics, I think this is the best I can do with what I have (one can only hope there's more of these two on the DVD). *sigh*I only hope and pray I do this couple justice because, despite my heavy dislike for the film, they have REALLY grown on me (gee, doesnít THAT sound familiar? ). And, as always, feedback is essential!! My ego needs a boost right now so, if you like anything about this vid, letting me know would make you a peach, thanks!

Click here and follow the d/l instructions!
Old June 24th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Brilarda

ohh finally a Andromache Hecotr video! THANK YOU SO MUCH! unfortuantely I can't wacht it now... I am at work

Can't wait to watch it at home...sonia I am sure you did an awesome job!!
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Kikyo

Sonia I just finished seeing the video for the second time and wow I'm speechless... it was soo sad but so good at the same time... and finally someone make some justice for those two, they were my favorite couple in the movie and I think they were the couple that really represent the meaning of love in that movie....
So once again you have left me speechless... lol!
I love your vids!!
Old June 24th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Suzie

WOW, lovely video, Sonia! I haven't posted since I joined couple of months ago, but happy to post about your video! Great work!
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Andune

This was an amazing piece of work! Nearly had me crying. Very well done - for a couple that we don't see a lot of onscreen, you did well with what you had.
Old June 24th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Andune

Well, if you don't mind I'll use time intervals to describe where I'm talking about since I suck at describing. Is the perfect accident at around 1 min into the video?
Old June 24th, 2004, 06:29 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andune
Well, if you don't mind I'll use time intervals to describe where I'm talking about since I suck at describing. Is the perfect accident at around 1 min into the video?
Works for me, and you're....warm I'm sure you know what it is already, so give me a day or two before ya post the right answer

Last edited by OrlandosRiverRat; June 24th, 2004 at 06:32 PM.
Old June 24th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Brilarda

oh my god! sonia what a wonderful video!!! it made me cry... but I love it. I knew that you did an awesome job! THANK YOU so much for this wonderful video!!
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:01 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Poor Sonia. I'm sorry you are upset but out of bad comes the good. This was a magnificent vid and you should be very proud of yourself. I was mesmerized by the images and the music. I don't think I can fall in love with Hector any more than I do now. I've got tears in my eyes from watching this. Thank you for making my day.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Fanfic Junkie

i've just seen it! Check your PM's

It's stunning

sig & avatar by the lovely and talented elements

Dean: Come on man, I've been itching for a hunt
Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over; go ahead and knock yourselves out.
SPN Ep 2x3
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Rozzan

Sonia, I think I mentioned once before that you made me cry with an Aragorn and Arwen Video? Well you've just done it again. This is so beautiful and poignant and sad and romantic and just... I am lost for words. You have done a brilliant job, the images of them both and their son are just perfect. What a heart wrenching thought provoking peice of work. very well done indeed
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Andune

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandosRiverRat
Works for me, and you're....warm I'm sure you know what it is already, so give me a day or two before ya post the right answer
warm eh?
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:54 AM
elvish:Queen of the Stars

Sonia....i'm in tears! It's such a wonderful, very touching and sad vid. You worked with the few clips and photos you had of them so well. You succeeded at showing all what hector and andromache's relationship is.

And it is just an absolute honour to have my name on the credits. If i was crying, when i saw that, it hit hard. lol Thank you so much, Sonia, for the heartfelting vid and for crediting me! BIG !!
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:21 AM
In Valinor

Sonia, you've got another beautiful vid on your hands. You've made us all cry at the loss of such a loving man to a beautiful woman. Hector and Andromache forever!

I have to say that your effects, use of stills and video along with your editing have gotten even better. It's obvious that your skills have grown and I'm very impressed!

Keep it up girlfriend, and thank you for the vid!
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:25 AM
luv4ever

i think this is my favorite video u ever made. it is beautiful and so sad. like i told u before i luv all ur videos and will watch them over and over again. heehee. good job.
Old June 25th, 2004, 04:08 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

Well, ladies, this is just a fine fine example of exactly why I love it here. After a loooooooooooooong day (no sleep) and finding out I have a cavity I need to get taken care of next week (first one in 23 years, though, so I shouldn't complain), I come home to your unbelievably generous and super kind feedback.

I have to be honest and say it's very hard to be subjective about my own "talent" when it comes to vidding, but compliments that say I've gotten better...they really make me blush and are SO flattering. And to all of you I made cry, I'm so sorry!! But that is also one of the greatest compliments I could ever receive...I really didn't realize just how emotional this vid was going to be. Think I might have to add a TISSUE WARNING! to the description

My OL sistahs, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to check out my vids and leave me such amazing feedback. It's more than I could ever ask for, and I am truly humbled.
Old June 25th, 2004, 04:13 AM
luv4ever

no problem. we all luv ur videos. and u made different ones that r not orlando and showed us other things that u like to just like this and the hulk vid. thanx for all the vids u have made for all of us to enjoy and watch (and cry over). heehee. good job and keep up the hard work. it really pays off as u can see.
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:15 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Chopper

Since there is so much interest in the film and it's the film that made him famous, I figured it deserved its own thread. I went to BestBuy.com and looked it up, and thank goodness they have it. I ordered my copy and as soon as I got it, sat down to watch it.

To be totally honest, I was REALLY disturbed at just the first 15 minutes of it, so I have yet to get through the whole film. I also have to keep going back and watching scenes over and over because the heavy Australian accents are throwing me off, and my DVD has no subtitles.

When I got the DVD, I checked the extras out first and there was one on there called "Eric Bana meets Chopper Read." I figured there'd be a lot of Eric goodness, so I watched that first. Hardly any Eric (brief glimpse during the "Ears" segment), but I DID end up watching the whole thing because of Chopper Read. This guy is a TRIP! And after seeing that and then starting the film...WOW! Eric BECAME this guy, man, just totally. If you think the PHYSICAL transformation is amazing, just wait 'til you see what Eric does with his performance. Absolutely amazing. He's so great, I'm TRULY uneasy with what I'm watching and I forget that this is "Eric Bana, Aussie I crush on."

It's easy to see why Eric won the Australian Academy Award for this film, and why everyone is in awe. Highly recommended to the hardcore Banamaniacs to get a copy of this film and see it!
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:32 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Thanks for the review, Sonia. I was rather reluctant to try this movie but I think I will now. I have really become very impressed with the range of work Eric has done and as much as this is not my type of film, I'm very interested in his performance.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:06 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

I was following links on my FreeHomePages.com vid page to see where hits were coming from (and I got a hit from a weird Japanese page you have to sign into, how bizarre is that ) when I came across a plug for ALL THREE of my Bana related vids from a Bana thread at Fanforum.com . Found THIS ARTICLE from Canoe.ca which is suggesting a Hulk sequel, and that says Bana is already in. Think there's truth to this?!?

Quote:

Tuesday, April 6, 2004
Gentler 'Hulk ' sequel on tap
By JAM! Movies

Producers have confirmed that a toned-down "Hulk" sequel is being planned, Zap2it.com reports.

"Yes, we're working on a 'Hulk' sequel," producer Gale Anne Hurd told Zap2it.com. "We're meeting with writers to discuss the sequel. I think the key thing is coming up with the right story."

The original movie was made at cost of approximately $135 million and brought in $132 million in the US and $113 million overseas. The movie had a $62 million opening weekend last June, but received poor reviews.

The movie's dark overtones didn't sit well with fans and critics, so producers will be setting a lighter tone with the sequel. Although the producers feel that the first movie was a courageous depiction of the comic book character, they will portray the Hulk as more of a hero this time around.

Eric Bana will reprise his starring role in the sequel and producers will start looking for a director when the script is ready.
I'm stunned!