Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar > Eric Bana

Old June 14th, 2004, 03:42 AM
luv4ever

that was beautiful. i want to see it even more now. i went to blockbuster today and they didnt have anymore. i so want to see it. u made the movie look so romantic. good job.
Old June 14th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Andune

whew! I just saw it and OMG!!!! Eric is so fantastic in this movie!!! It was watchable, but if it wasn't Eric in it I wouldn't have watched it. And the spanish at the end! WOW!!! Going to watch it again tomorrow morning.
Old June 14th, 2004, 04:40 AM
10th Doctor's Companion

This was so well done. You've gotten better and better at vidding, Sonia.

Alright, the little things I liked. I liked the old movie distressed look, I liked the the black and white footage and I liked the transition back to color. I liked the grainy overbright color thingy (have no idea how to describe this) and I really liked the photo transition at the end. The words of the song and the scenes blended really well. Thank you for sharing and I'm looking forward to many more vids of this gorgeous man. Just don't forget Orlando, ok?

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:00 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andune
It was watchable, but if it wasn't Eric in it I wouldn't have watched it. And the spanish at the end! WOW!!! Going to watch it again tomorrow morning.
Just had to say I agree completely with your first statement, but regarding the Spanish at the end, I need a bit of a stronger sentiment so I'll say...

AMEN!
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Andune

Well that was the best I could come up with....my brain's a bit muddled, I'm sure you understand
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Andune

I finally got this downloaded and unzipped and GAH!!!!! Such beautiful work!!! I adore it!!
Old June 14th, 2004, 06:06 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

Quote:
Well that was the best I could come up with....my brain's a bit muddled, I'm sure you understand
After hearing Eric speak SPANISH...of ALL languages, my 2nd language the the one I love most....I can most certainly understand the muddled brain syndrome. He's going to reduce me to a vegetable some day soon, I swear.
Old June 14th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Andune

Just watched it again and I think I'll be taking up spanish soon...
Old June 14th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Brilarda

okay the little things I liked most of the video. The beginning.... I loved it that you chose that scene! The "awakening sequence" and you couldn't have made a better ending....and the way you play with the colours....well sonia...I can't help it... I just love this video!
Old June 14th, 2004, 09:42 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Luv, I feel it necessary to warn you that whatever my vid might have made the movie look like, it really isn't THAT romantic. I don't wanna spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it so I won't go into detail, but there IS a very strong connection between Bruce & Betty...would I call it romance? Uh, don't know. So I just wanted to warn you 'cause I don't want you to spend money renting it and then go, "Dang, Sonia fooled me!"

And again, thanks to everyone who has checked the vid out. To those of you getting specific for me (Serein and Andune and Bril), big . Love ya for that!
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:01 AM
luv4ever

he speaks spainish at the end? wow. i cant wait to see it. im hopefully get to see it this week if its at blockbusters when i go tomorrow.
Old June 15th, 2004, 05:34 AM
elvish:Queen of the Stars

Quote:
I finally got this downloaded and unzipped and GAH!!!!! Such beautiful work!!! I adore it!!
Couldn't say more, except that i can't stop watching it and it's nearly 5 am here. LOL

Wonderful work, Sonia!
Old June 15th, 2004, 05:40 AM
elvish:Queen of the Stars

Hey Sonia...

I'm just a hopeless romantic, haven't seen the movie yet, but watching this vid... i just honestly have to say that it touched me so very much. I just loved the black and white footage moment, makes it all so nostalgic and then the colour effects, not to mention that beginning! that was just...unbelievably good just like the ending was.

God...must be because it's like almost 5am here, but i'm really sensitive right now. lol! I don't have words really. I loved what you have shown through on this vid. :)
Old June 15th, 2004, 06:40 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

Awe, Andune and Helena! for you guys! I'm so glad the vid is connecting with Eric fans as well as Orlando fans I was afraid I was going to focus on one more than the other but everyone is responding so kindly so I guess I did ok!

Thank y'all for taking the time to check it out :)
Old June 15th, 2004, 06:45 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElentAri
Hey Sonia...

I'm just a hopeless romantic, haven't seen the movie yet, but watching this vid... i just honestly have to say that it touched me so very much. I just loved the black and white footage moment, makes it all so nostalgic and then the colour effects, not to mention that beginning! that was just...unbelievably good just like the ending was.

God...must be because it's like almost 5am here, but i'm really sensitive right now. lol! I don't have words really. I loved what you have shown through on this vid. :)
for you, Helena! If anyone knows about being a cheesy romantic, it's me. I also seem to like shipping "impossible ships" like Buffy & Angel or Arwen & Aragorn, or really fluffy ones like Will & Elizabeth (from PotC) or Buttercup & Wesley from The Princess Bride. I'm a geek that way, so you and I have that in common.

And your feedback is VERY flattering and wonderful :) It means I did an ok job of conveying the romance and angst I ended up finding in the movie, which is awesome 'cause I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get that through to viewers. Here's hoping I actually DID do that and it's not just the 5 a.m. hour

Old June 18th, 2004, 12:38 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

Sorry if it was wrong to start a new thread on this, but I figured it'd be easier to keep up with this developing story if it was on its own :)

From Empire Online (bless you Catz for the link and scruff alert ):

Quote:
Spielberg Flies The Olympic Bana

Troy star boards new 'Berg movie
11 June 2004

The ineffable rise and rise of Eric Bana continues, with no signs of stopping.

Bana - who was the best thing about Troy, The Hulk, Black Hawk Down and just about everything he's been in, quite frankly - has signed on to star in Steven Spielberg's untitled drama about the 1972 Munich Olympics.

There's no firm word yet on Bana's role in the movie, which dramatises the shocking events of those Olympics, when five Arab terrorists launched an attack on the event, which left eleven Israelis - many of whom were athletes - dead. That attack was documented in the Oscar-winning film by Kevin MacDonald, One Day in September.

Sir Ben Kingsley was set to co-star in the movie, but may have to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. Meanwhile, Spielberg is actively casting for other actors, with more announcements due soon.

Spielberg plans to start shooting the drama across Europe over the next six weeks. Chances are, given his reputation for prodigious shooting speed, he'll be finished before the Olympics arenas in Athens are actually complete...
I love that they said Eric is the best thing about anything he's been in
Old June 18th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Claddagh

This sounds interesting ~ Ben Kingley and Eric together. Thanks for the news Sonia.
Old June 18th, 2004, 05:43 AM
10th Doctor's Companion

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the Eric Bana news front. I'm so glad he's got another project on the horizon. I'm hoping he will get more offers so we can enjoy more films.

Still having that fantasy of him being in Pirates of the Caribbean though.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old June 18th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Lemmewinks10

Cant wait !!! That would be cool if he did come out in the next Pirates movie like Wills sexy long lost brother :)
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Brilarda

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandosRiverRat
oh yes and they are right.... wait...in Troy there was also Orlando!!! but they are defenitly right concerning the Hulk!

Thanks for the update...can't wait for an other movie with Eric!!!!

Stop putting these ideas in my head ..... Eric as Will's brother in Pirates of the Caribbean? (a verrrrrry good idea Lemmewinks)

I think no woman would survive that movie...Orlando, Eric and Johnny together.... in one movie ..
Old June 18th, 2004, 02:45 PM
surfingangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmewinks10
like Wills sexy long lost brother :)
Whoa! Now there's a movie I would pay to see more than once in theatres!!!
Old June 19th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Catz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein
Still having that fantasy of him being in Pirates of the Caribbean though.
:whisper: me too but mine's the, shall we say, "alternative lifestyle" version
xxx
Old June 19th, 2004, 04:22 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

Same story, just from ComingSoon.net:

Quote:
Eric Bana Starring in Spielberg's Olympics Film Source: Variety Friday, June 11, 2004

The Terminal director Steven Spielberg is moving forward on his as-yet-untitled DreamWorks and Universal co-production about the 1972 Munich Olympics, says Variety.

Hulk and Troy actor Eric Bana is the first to come aboard to star in the film, which will begin shooting in European locations beginning in the next six weeks. Ben Kingsley had previously agreed to play one of the leads, but his participation now appears unlikely because Spielberg pushed back the start five weeks so he could lock the score and attach a new ending for "Terminal".

The trade adds that Spielberg, who's producing the Olympics project with Kathleen Kennedy and Barry Mendel, will now begin casting the project in earnest, even though actors are rumored to be committing without getting to read the Eric Roth script.
I must admit I was surprised to read that shooting starts so soon!
Old June 19th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Lemmewinks10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilarda
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandosRiverRat
oh yes and they are right.... wait...in Troy there was also Orlando!!! but they are defenitly right concerning the Hulk!

Thanks for the update...can't wait for an other movie with Eric!!!!

Stop putting these ideas in my head ..... Eric as Will's brother in Pirates of the Caribbean? (a verrrrrry good idea Lemmewinks)

I think no woman would survive that movie...Orlando, Eric and Johnny together.... in one movie ..
Glad you liked my idea It would be very hard to survive a movie with such GORGEOUS men in it but way worth it
Old June 19th, 2004, 05:55 PM
In Valinor

Thanks for the information Sonia. I'm looking forward to anything from Eric nowadays.