Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar > Eric Bana

Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:50 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

[EDIT]Ok, so, I was SO TICKED OFF at myself for having forgotten this gorgeous picture of them together at the HFAs

that I said, "Screw it! I'm re-working it to add it in." So I go into my program, and my eye catches on a clip of Hector & Paris fighting on the boat from Troy. I check it out, and it's like 12 seconds long! So, I put that on the timeline but don't wanna just have it like that, 'cause what kinda vidder just puts a clip to music? So I cut it up, added some Hector/Paris pics into the mix, and before I knew it...I had vidded to the ACTUAL end of the song! A WHOLE EXTRA 40-45 SECONDS OF HECTOR/PARIS BANA/BLOOM GOODNESS!!!

And what's REALLY great? I STILL managed to FORGET the pic of them from the HFAs . But if you know me, you KNOW that is SO something I'd do. *sigh* But yeah, I'm actually really proud of myself now because I vidded over all that bloody guitar all the way to the end of the song...there aren't many over 4 minute songs I've vidded to, so I'm going to enjoy this little bit of pride I'm feeling! I can't advise those of you who downloaded the vid already whether or not it's "worth it" to download this re-worked version. All I can tell you is there's 45 seconds MORE of Eric & Orlando, so it's up to you to weigh whether or not you'd like to give it a go! Just click on the link I gave you before because I just replaced the old ZIP file with the new one, and you'll have the new version! Hope it's better...at the very least, you can't go wrong with more Eric/Orlando to oogle, right? [/EDIT]

I'm gonna go ahead and give y'all the link to the ZIP file here ('cause I'm waiting on an art to link directly to the vid file). CLICK HERE and just follow the many instructions. I apologize for you having to click so much, but 'til I find a better way to do this or strike it rich and can buy all the webspace I need , this is how it goes for now

After it's saved to your computer, you will require WINZIP to unzip the file and the latest version of WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER in order to view the vid. As ALWAYS, if you have any feedback, I'd greatly appreciate you dropping me a line! And, I'm sorry, but if what I've just described does NOT happen for you for some reason, something about your system/browser/etc. is incompatable with PCPages and you won't be able to get the vid 'til it's available for direct download. I always put my vids up for direct download after a few weeks, so just keep an eye on my site and it'll be all good :)

The video is titled Sharp Dressed Men and features my two biggest crushes right now. Since this is my first non-romantic pairing vid, I decided to try and find clips and photos that sort of "mirrored" each other. I do apologize for any ZZ Top fans who might be upset at the fact I cut the song short, but SO much of the song is ALL BLOODY GUITAR!! At first I was excited about that, thinking it gave me "carte blanche" (or however it's spelled); no lyrics to try to illustrate or adhere to. But then I realized I lacked the material and (more importantly) the talent to DO anything over so much guitar with my limited program and material, so I ended up cutting about the last minute of the song. Did use some of it over the credit sequence though, so it wasn't all a waste !

Anyways, I don't usually mention my favorite bits 'cause I hope that someone will write to me and say they enjoyed the "little things" I try to work in, but the beginning of the vid is my fave part. That is mainly due to the fact that while I was editing, my bro came up behind me and was watching and I didn't know it and when I played the beginning he said, "Hey, not bad," like he was actually impressed. Craving approval like I do (esp. from my bro, who I feel is a better vidder than me), that was a huge boost!

Also have to send special thanks to EL and Serein for being the first to give the vid a spin and being so kind about it. I only hope and pray other fellow Banamaniacs will feel like y'all did! I hope it's ok I'm cross posting this to the MUSIC VIDEOS thread since Orlando is in it :)
Old June 3rd, 2004, 01:49 AM
luv4ever

that is so hot. i think after troy everyone fell for orlando and eric. they're both so hot.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 03:36 AM
luv4ever

i want to see this movie so bad, now that i realized that was him. he is so hot. also part of the hulk was shot in San Fransisco and i live there! i even saw part of the set while driving by.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 11:31 AM
Brilarda

I have seen HULK when it was released in the cinemas...it was not that great movie, but I enjoyed it and I liked Eric as Bruce Baner.... mhh maybe I should watch the movie again....

GREAT that this wonderful man finally got his own section.
Old June 4th, 2004, 01:25 AM
luv4ever

yeah. he is so hot. i might see it when i have time to rent a movie and actually watch it.
Old June 4th, 2004, 02:11 AM
10th Doctor's Companion

The movie is fine with Eric but when the green CG Hulk appears, it all goes kind of downhill.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old June 5th, 2004, 02:10 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

In what can only be described as a fit of temp. insanity, I bought the 2 disc edition of this flick, USED, today. Now, can someone PLEASE tell me where to find the footage from which these caps come from???

Old June 5th, 2004, 02:13 AM
luv4ever

aww...he looks so cute playing what i think is a video game. and that shirt looks cute where he is in front of the vocie microphone. is he recording the voice for the hulk when he isnt in human form?
Old June 5th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Andune

he's recording his voice for the video game, and the next pic has him playing the video game.
Old June 5th, 2004, 04:23 AM
luv4ever

thats cool. and btw, i luv ur siggie. u change it a lot.
Old June 7th, 2004, 02:38 AM
In Valinor

This is a fantastic Banalando video. It's certainly proven very popular with the Eric Daily members!
Old June 7th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Andune

I'm getting a 404 Page not Found error...did you take it down or is it just my computer?
Old June 7th, 2004, 05:40 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Quote:
This is a fantastic Banalando video. It's certainly proven very popular with the Eric Daily members!
Thanks EL, and luv4ever for the compliments!

Just FYI for anyone interested, the Banalando vid is now available for direct download at my website (link in siggy) on the Orlando Bloom Music Vids page :) If you've got friends you think might like it, please feel free to spread the word!! Thanks :)
Old June 7th, 2004, 06:33 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

I just love this vid. I keep going back to watch it. I can't seem to keep my tongue off the screen when I play it. This is bad, very bad.

Old June 7th, 2004, 06:37 PM
In Valinor

Yeah, I keep watching it too!
Old June 10th, 2004, 02:16 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Sonia, you may take this as the ultimate compliment-- our computer had a virus about a month ago, and ever since then our Windows MP wouldn't work, despite my hubby's attempts to download and install a new version. I wanted to see the Banalandoliciciousness SO bad, that it promted me, a hugely inept computer person, to sit down and tinker with the thing until I got it to work. I got it to work!

And I loved the video!!!!!!!!! Especially the hug at the beginning and end, I had only seen the still photos. Thank you for making it and sharing it with us!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old June 10th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Kikyo

Ay Sonia, corazon de melon!!

I love this video SO MUCH, I couldn't stop giggling when I saw it... oh it was good WAY GOOD... thanks for making such good video...
oh I'm in love with those two men...
Old June 10th, 2004, 04:48 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Wow, Llyn, I'm extremely flattered, thank you!! I know the pains of having to try and fiddle with techology, though, so I'm sorry about you being frustrated to THAT point...but I'm really geeked you got to see the video, enjoyed it, and took the time to tell me so. Feedback is essential and invaluable, so thank you

And Kikyo, same to you I'm so relieved to know another huge Eric and Orlando fan enjoyed the vid!! Absolutely and totally makes my day, so thanks to you for taking the time to dl and let me know.

To EVERYONE who has done so, for you and major thanks. It boosts my confidence like you wouldn't believe, and more vids get in the works because of it :) I am just sorry for all the computer screens getting licked, and keyboards getting drooled over

A vid starring just Mr. Bana himself is already in pre-production so...I only hope it'll be as big a hit once it's done!
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:20 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Therefore, this vid features everyone's favorite Aussie and his co-star from Hulk, Jennifer Connelly. I really don't know how or why this vid came about...honestly. I was minding my business, grabbing footage from the movie for GENERAL Eric vidding purposes. Then, during one of my daily listens of Blink 182's "I Miss You," it suddenly struck me that Bruce & Betty's relationship actually seemed to FIT the lyrics of the song in a strange way!

Since I've been dying to do something with the song, I said, "WTH!" and decided to make a vid about them to the song. How I made a vid from a movie I've not watched from beginning to end except in Fast Fwd., stopping only at the "good parts" (parts featuring Eric ), I don't really know. This could quite possibly be my worst vid ever, though if I'm being honest, I like it. Despite the fact I am not a fan of the film (or what I've seen of it), I am drawn to Bruce & Betty because of the "angst factor" and I hope I did their story some measure of justice.

If you're interested in trying it out, CLICK HERE and follow the instructions so you can HOPEFULLY get your hands on it. I'm having lots of trouble with my vids lately 'cause the free accounts keep getting emptied, then deleted, but hopefully this one will hang about a while.

Also if anyone is interested in helping me out by making a TITLE SLIDE to link to the vid, I'd be forever grateful!! I don't know of anyone who might be interested in a project like this, nor where I'd find pics of these two...these are the only ones I know of:

So, ok, that's it. It's 5:30 in the freakin' morning...I haven't been up this late since gosh knows when, so I better be out! To anyone who might venture to check out this twisted project. thank you and to you :)
Old June 13th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Brilarda

THAAANK YOU SONIA!! A great music-video!!! Love it...you are so awesome!!!

And thanks for posting these two absolutly adorable pictures!

I'd love to help you out, but unfortunately I am just not skilled enough...
Old June 13th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Andune

I'll edit this post once I get it all downloaded, but those pics!!! They look so cute together! And he's got the cutest smile in that first one.

Sonia, I'll make a title slide for ya, or at least give it a shot. PM me and let me know what you're looking for.

EDIT: OMG this is incredible!!! I was so blown away by it. Gosh, you are so great at this - well done!!!
Old June 13th, 2004, 06:10 PM
In Valinor

Oh! I need to download this video when I get home! I wanna see it! Thanks for sharing Sonia!
Old June 13th, 2004, 07:07 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!! Another Eric vid. I'm going to go download this NOW. Thanks, Sonia.

Old June 13th, 2004, 07:23 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

The approval of 2 tried & true Banamaniacs, what more can I ask for? Honestly, I went to bed at 6 a.m. with kind of a lump in my stomach worrying nobody would watch or like this vid...and it would've upset me because I really like this one (I think it's 'cause I'm so obsessed with the song). BUT...relief now, so to you ladies who checked it out for me, thank you No worries about the slide, Bril. I, like you, am completely useless when it comes to graphics which is why I have to beg others for help constantly...I feel so bad having to do that, but I just don't do graphics at all, so you and I are sisters that way And bless Andune for agreeing to take a stab at the title slide project, she rocks!

Also, remember, the more specific the feedback, the better! If there's a part that stuck out in your mind, don't be afraid to mention it :) That way, I know what "techniques" are making impressions. Heck, even if there's something wonky you don't like, say, "Ya know what part REALLY bugged me?" and I can try and stay away from whatever I did wrong in the future if it's that bad I hate to beg like this, but I'm shameless anyways Specific comments just help me out and let me know if the subtleties I try to work in work at all :)

Again, ladies, thank you to all who checked it out or want to/plan to :) Y'all rock and are fantastic for my ego
Old June 13th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Andune

Well the one part I liked was at about 3:10 into the clip, where the screen's all funky, I loved that. And the end was PERFECT. You couldn't have picked any better clips to finish it off. The colour effect you used, where it's all changing colours moved kinda fast, but wasn't too bad. Very cool effect. Still two thumbs up.