Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > Curse of the Black Pearl

Old February 17th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Serein, thank you for posting those pictures! Orlando has such a wonderfully expressive face! I nearly bust a gut when I saw PoTC for the first time and I saw him imitate Jack Sparrow!

Angel
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenora
Elonara, I would be one of those you and Serein have slain! Go on posting double shots like this one and I'll not make it to my next birthday! The glimpse of that chest...

Angel
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Elenora

Almost doesn't look like the same actor! :pirate: and soon :paris2: All yummy! :blowkiss:
Old February 18th, 2004, 01:19 AM
princessemily022000

yeah! :pirate: :blowkiss:
Old February 18th, 2004, 03:23 AM
In Valinor

princessemily, please don't double post, ok? :) I edited your first one to include the blowkiss emoticon and deleted your second post.
Old February 18th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenora
Almost doesn't look like the same actor! :pirate: and soon :paris2: All yummy! :blowkiss:
I remember the first time I saw a pic of Orlando without the blond wig...Couldn't believe it how different, yet the same he look, you know what I mean?

I could understand when Orlando, at the beginning, would say he could go about unrecognised for some time because fans didn't know him without Legolas' blonde hair.

Of course, now it's a whole different ball game and sorry to tell you this gorgeous, but we'd know you anywhere! In the guise of an elf, a pirate or Prince of Troy, hair cropped, hair mohican, hair pink, purple, yellow, orange, blonde or brown , uncovered or covered with beanie we will know you!

Hmmm, do you think he should be afraid?

:blowkiss: Orlando, I'm not a bunny boiler...honest!

Not a lie, I'd never harm a cute fuzzy little bunny wabbit.

Angel
Old February 18th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_of_the_West
In the guise of an elf, a pirate or Prince of Troy, hair cropped, hair mohican, hair pink, purple, yellow, orange, blonde or brown , uncovered or covered with beanie we will know you!
This is really interesting actually, I was thinking about this just the other day. I went to Uni in Canterbury, and I was a fan of Orlando at the time and knew what he looked like sans Leggy wig. I didn't actuvely look for him or anything, but I often wondered on the long drive over if I would bump into him in a pub or something.

Now I am a huge fan, I would recognise him anywhere surely? But I am not sure that I would. At a film premiere or somewhere where I am expecting him to be and was actively look then yes, but not if I just saw him on the street. I think he would have to literally walk right into me for me to notice him. Either that or I would have to see him several times for it to register.

It was funny at the ROTK premiere, I missed out on getting Karl Urban's autograph because he got out of the car in a different place. He walked not 10 feet away from us and we didn't notice. We weren't expecting him to be there so when a dark haired man walked past we simply ignored him. We were all on high alert for any and all of the stars, and yet we just did not notice/recognise him at all.

I think Orlando will have very little problems going about his every day life for a while to come yet. When he is home in London or Canterbury even he will simply blend in and become another face in the crowd. Yes a few people may double take, but I doubt that they would actually rush over to him. Even paparazzi photos tend to be of stars coming out of restaurants, or in places that the photographers know they are going to be. I am always slightly dubious when I see a "walking down the street" shot of anyone, it makes me think that someone tipped off the photographers as to where they would be. Orlando is not so striking looking that he stands out in the crowd hugely, especially if you are not looking for him.
Old February 18th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Hmmm, you know something, Ele you make a very good point to ponder on here! And has made me rethink what I said. Yes, I would definitely recognise him in a picture or on the telly especially if it's specifically related to him.

Would I recognise him if he walked past me in the street? You are probably right, he'd walk past me and I wouldn't notice, not if I was actively staring at each and every face as they walked by. And even then I would probably doubt myself and think it's not him, just someone who bears a close resemblance to him.

Very good point, Elements!

Angel
Old February 19th, 2004, 03:27 AM
She Kender

These caps are delicious. Serein, you did real good capping these.

Old February 19th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Malene

PoTC only came out on DVD a few weeks ago over here. So I'm in the process of falling in love with Will all over again.
As much as the movies Orlando is in look amazing on the big screen,I love it when they finally come out on DVD so I can really sink my teeth into everything. You know "fast forward,rewind,fast forward,rewind"

About being able to spot Orlando if I saw him on the street.
He probably wouldn't want to draw attention to himself and dress anonymously,wear a cap,things like that.
So yes,it would be difficult to recognize him if you weren't actually looking for him.
BTW,if I should spot him in a private situation with friends or doing grocery shopping or whatever,I would never approach him.
People who do that are rude and inconsiderate,IMO.

Thanks for all the wonderful caps!

I adore Will Turner. He's a wonderful character.
And HOT,of course!
Old February 19th, 2004, 03:40 PM
shippermd

I am blinded by that doublepost of Legolas/Will. *slowly faints to the floor*

:crazy:
Old February 20th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Fanfic Junkie

I think I speak for all of us when I say that!

sig & avatar by the lovely and talented elements

Dean: Come on man, I've been itching for a hunt
Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over; go ahead and knock yourselves out.
SPN Ep 2x3
Old February 21st, 2004, 08:06 AM
lilbambina6329

hey everyone..it took me a while to find a pic of orlando in the fighting scene..because i was trying to find this specific picture because.. i don't now if any of you guys have noticied but you can see orlando's elvish tatto.. lol.... ...*sigh*

ENJOY!! ...he so cute...

lilbambina

Edited to replace with picture linked to Legolas Greenleaf as hotlinking is not allowed.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
Threthiel

Pirate with a tattoo

I love his facial expressions in this movie. And of course his voice, so soft yet mesmorizing when he speaks..
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:46 PM
Rozzan

I know what you mean about not recognizing him on the street when it would be so unexpected. But the comment about him not being so striking looking?????? he makes me gasp for every breath. Rozzan.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
Elements

I can't say that I have ever noticed the tattoo when I have been watching the film. I guess I will have to keep my eyes on his arm next time. So hard when he face is so near!
Old February 27th, 2004, 04:41 AM
Ancalime

Thanks, those of you who posted these pics.

*Said as if she'd never noticed before* - Those deep brown, beautiful eyes! Have you ever SEEN such eyes? I ask you!

About noticing Orlando on the street or somewhere -
I hope you won't consider me a stalker or something for saying this, and I could be mistaken, but I think I would recognize him almost anywhere. I know nearly every freckle on his face! I especially take note of the two nice-size freckles on the left side of his face, in front of and below his left ear! Anyone ever notice those? I've been seeing them ever since pics from the Council of Elrond! Not to mention his cute little lopsided nose, the shape of his ears, that beautiful chin, on and on ad nauseum...

Hopeless, I know.

Ancalime
Old February 29th, 2004, 03:41 PM
MissBloom

thank you serein!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is soooooooo cute
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Threthiel

I think the Pirate is feeling neglected. And since he is my fav of Orlando's creations, may I present some screencaps for your enjoyment!
Excuse my comentating!
Now Lasses, may I draw your attention to the sweep of his jaw, the curve of his lips, the slight glint in his eye. This is what I call, the pre-pirate phase. A showing of his innocence.

Next we have a lovely close-up. Here you can see the lovely shape of his ears, the nicely trimed side-burns and the cute slope of his nose. Once again the beautiful glint in his eyes.

Here we can see what a dirty Will looks like. Notice how the dirt brings out the glow of his eyes and the shape of his lovely nose. And you can also see those beautiful fingers.

And lastly for today, Will is slowly becoming the pirate. Here again you can see the lovely eyes and the wet glistening hair. The ears here look quite nibbily, and the lips kissable.

Enjoy my fellow lasses. I know I am!
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Donnamarie

Threthiel,
If pictures are worth a thousand words...I'm totally speechless

Thanks, those are great Will pics. I like the transformation you convey in your Will slide
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Threthiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnamarie
Threthiel,
If pictures are worth a thousand words...I'm totally speechless

Thanks, those are great Will pics. I like the transformation you convey in your Will slide
You said slide! Red's mind wanders to a certain yellow slide Um, where was I? Aw, yes. Thanks Donnamarie for the comment. I try to please, as does the pirate.
Old March 10th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Okay, Red...Seriously you are going to be the death of me! Will Those pics...<points up> Just... want...

Gaa, now you have me desperately wanting POTC2 to come out already!

<gazes at pics again and then says in a weak voice> I think I'm going to need an even bigger swoon pillow, please....

Angel
Old March 10th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Threthiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_of_the_West
Okay, Red...Seriously you are going to be the death of me! Will Those pics...<points up> Just... want...

Gaa, now you have me desperately wanting POTC2 to come out already!

<gazes at pics again and then says in a weak voice> I think I'm going to need an even bigger swoon pillow, please....

Angel
Aww, Angel. I am sorry you get worn out from swooning. Here I got this new pillow just for you. Lovely red velvet, extra soft and body molding.

Red hands it to Angel, and lays back down, with a smile of content on her face. Soon it will be time for more she thinks.
Old March 10th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threthiel
Aww, Angel. I am sorry you get worn out from swooning. Here I got this new pillow just for you. Lovely red velvet, extra soft and body molding.

Red hands it to Angel, and lays back down, with a smile of content on her face.
Awww, thank you, Red! It's beautiful and perfect <curls up on pillow happy and content> Okay, you can post pics to your hearts content.

Angel
Old March 10th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Threthiel

Ok, Angel, you asked for it.

When last we were with our pirate Will, we were enjoying his lovely wet hair.
Now we join Will and CAPTAIN Jack(his teacher) in Tortuga to learn the ways of wooing young bonnie lasses..Notice Wills eyes as they are amazed at all the lovely Lasses available for his taking...

Jack: There Will, notice that Lass, the one with red hair and green eyes, she very much wants you. Will: Are you sure Jack? Jack: Of course, I'm a pirate.

Jack: I hear you enjoyed yourself there Will, last night. Will:

On the sea, Will is once again...WET (part of being a pirate is you have to look good wet)