Go Back   Orlando Love > Orlando Love > Magazines/Periodicals/Online Articles > Orlando mentions archive

Closed Thread

Old December 3rd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Clarice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace View Post
Orlando is one of those rare actors who does not need words to convey what he is feeling in a scene or real life. It is just that look in his eyes or expression on his face and you just know his mood or what he is saying.
I couldn't agree more to this!

I'm with all of you ladies about KOH DC. Too bad that Fox decided for such unlucky theatrical release...it's a great movie, it would have deserved a better fate for sure
Old December 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I have found an online article about Orlando's hair....I think is not recent...

Quote:
How many men can say that their careers have included equal parts elven warrior and pillaging pirate? Well, one that I can think of – that sexy UK import Orlando Bloom. Like his “Pirates of the Caribbean” co-star Johnny Depp, Orlando is often seen sporting a wide variety of different ‘dos, sometimes including hats and hair accessories that simply would not do on the ‘do of any man who isn’t a drop-dead gorgeous actor. See photos of this Brit babe in knitted doo-rags, berets, and various other wild incarnations of headgear.

This fella can pull off just about anything, from the ever popular faux hawk, to a long, platinum elf ponytail, to a deliberately unkempt, pseudo mullet that spikes out in all directions. His natural hair is very curly/wavy, and a deep chestnut color, but we’ve seen it quite long and more golden brown, as well as clean cut and darker.

Orlando is most commonly seen with either a long, wavy chin-length style, complete with devilishly trimmed and pointy facial hair, or uber textured and shorter, moving back from the face and occasionally faux hawked.

If you’re a fan of Will Turner’s longer, Depp-ish ‘do, and your hair has a wave or slight curl to it, you’re in luck! With just a bit of a medium hold mousse applied to damp locks to keep that texture in line, this style is virtually wash n’ go. Add a little pomade to define strands and texture once hair is dry.

If you’re more interested in borrowing from Orlando’s hipster faux hawk style, be advised that this look does require a bit more styling than it seems To get just the right shape, start out with a cut that is shorter on the sides and cut longer on top with lots and lots of texture thrown in. Work a firm hold styling gel or cream through damp hair and shape. When hair is dry, add a pomade or paste to give definition to the faux hawk.

Whichever hairdo you do, no Orlando-esque style is complete without the addition of his ever changing facial hair. Facial hair is a great way to add a dose of masculinity to a boyishly good looking face. Brave types can attempt the somewhat tricky moustache-only
(keep it clean, folks) or villainous-looking pointy goatee, while the full goatee is a bit easier to pull off. Keep facial hair trimmed close and the rest of the face smooth and clean shaven.
http://www.beauty-and-the-bath.com/O...loom-Hair.html
Old December 4th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Will Turner marks the most interesting and pleasing journey over the three films. He is not the flamboyant and romantic swordsman anymore. At World's End reveals a darker, more organized individual. He still wants to marry Elizabeth, but he has other priorities, and does not rely on her approval. Orlando Bloom is more enjoyable, more tolerable, and more convincing this time around that he ever has been. Bloom has grown and matured as an actor, much like Will Turner has in the story. I found that I was actually mesmerized by his involvement.
Very good review from http://www.411mania.com/movies/dvd_r...on)-Review.htm
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Passionately Enthralled

That is indeed a very good review! Thanks Mayfrayn!

Icon and sig by me. Thanks Kat and Lola for the tuts
Old December 4th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Human News Ticker

Yahoo Australia top searches 2007

Quote:
Yahoo7’s top male celebritiy searches

1. Zac Efron
2. Justin Timberlake
3. Matt Damon
4. Steve Irwin
5. Orlando Bloom
6. Johnny Depp
7. David Beckham
8. Wentworth Miller
9. Rove McManus
10. Luciano Pavarotti
Old December 4th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Brill

I'll take any small praise for Orlando in AWE, but i hope there are more out there as the DVD gets reviewed. The Pirates movies have been kind of bittrersweet for me. On the one hand the films contributed alot to boosting Orlando's ranking in the business and making him more of a household name and face to the public (i remember him commenting that no one recognised him after playing Legolas - the blond hair blue eyed thing). But on the other hand i feel he's been kind of sidelined with all the praise heaped on Johnny Depp (which is deserved) and only complaints (from the critics anyway) about how boring and band Will was when in fact its really the character that's written as a straight man to counter Sparrow's wild personality.

Even with the publicity for the movie its all Depp, Depp, Depp. I mean Orlando brought people to the movies too. I'm an adult female with no children. Trust me, the only reason i went to see not one, but three fantasy priates movie in a cinema, was because Orlando was in it.

Okay, now that i've gotten that off my chest........yeah good review
Old December 4th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Even with the publicity for the movie its all Depp, Depp, Depp. I mean Orlando brought people to the movies too. I'm an adult female with no children. Trust me, the only reason i went to see not one, but three fantasy priates movie in a cinema, was because Orlando was in it.
My thoughts exactly, Brill !!!

So far, I love what the early reviews have said about Orlando's Will in POTC, especially in the third segment, AWE !!! His growth as an actor are particularly evident in this third installment.

I'm off now to Best Buy to get my copy !!!
Old December 4th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Smitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
I'll take any small praise for Orlando in AWE, but i hope there are more out there as the DVD gets reviewed. The Pirates movies have been kind of bittrersweet for me. On the one hand the films contributed alot to boosting Orlando's ranking in the business and making him more of a household name and face to the public (i remember him commenting that no one recognised him after playing Legolas - the blond hair blue eyed thing). But on the other hand i feel he's been kind of sidelined with all the praise heaped on Johnny Depp (which is deserved) and only complaints (from the critics anyway) about how boring and band Will was when in fact its really the character that's written as a straight man to counter Sparrow's wild personality.

Okay, now that i've gotten that off my chest........yeah good review

I couldn't agree more. Orlando/Will is the only reason that I own the DVDs, especially DMC.
Old December 4th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Action man: Tom Cruise and Matt Damon

Tom Cruise, 45, and Matt Damon, 37, might be the action men of their generation. But when "Mission Impossible" and "Bourne" franchise sequels finally need a new hunk to cruise into the next decade, our bet is on 30-year-old Orlando Bloom.

Handy with a pirate's sword though he may be, at 40 this dashing hipster will probably heat up the ever-evolving, "smart n' sexy" adventure flick in a way that muscle-bound, monotone Arnold Schwarzenegger never could.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...=Entertainment
Old December 4th, 2007, 04:03 PM
NinJa

Thanks Interconnector and mayfrayn!

Thats a wonderful review of Wills character and the movie... so true as well
Old December 4th, 2007, 05:08 PM
karoletti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interconnector View Post
ZAC EFRON??? *cough*
Old December 4th, 2007, 05:19 PM
absoluteimp

You gotta know that the main reason I'm such a big POTC fan is Orlando. Johnny is secondary to me, as much as I love him and have ALWAYS (since he started showbiz) have been a fan. But Orly is fabulous in those movies and balances Jack's over the top behaviour with his more honourable yet comic, yet serious behaviour!
Old December 4th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

This thread has now almost 100 pages, and strange things happen to threads that long.

So I'm going to close it and copy the last posts over to thread version 2.0 of this.
... lets hope nothings gets lost in the process ....

Hang on - don't be afraid of the earthquake ....

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Closed Thread