Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:04 AM
Imagination Rules!

You are killing me with these spoilers - but tomorrow is the day! Bring it on - can't wait.

I have a client who sent me a large packet of Peanut Butter M&M's (hard to get over here so very expensive) in the mail on Friday, for me to take to see Star Trek on Sunday. Apparently we are both rather addicted to these lollies (I thought i was the only one) and he's already seen the movie and insists I go as soon as possible and stuff my face on Peanut Butter M&M's. Gee, okay then...I guess if I HAVE to...

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:17 AM
Mrs. Brian Epkeen

*Gazes in jealousy at Luna's candies* *Reaches out to try one* I just ate the last sweet in the house.

Gorgeous avatar and signature by erendira!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:23 AM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

I'm sure you will enjoy it Luna. Of course, I have absolutely no idea when I'll be able to see this now with the early arrival!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
Imagination Rules!

That's such a ... wait, I was going to say pity, but it's not, we'd all rather you were safe and sound delivered of that gorgeous little mite, and it's only a movie after all. Anyhow, judging by the size of that mammoth screen in your home, it'll be just as brill on DVD when it finally comes out if you have to wait that long. Small sacrifice for your beautiful boy.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

True, true. Though our screen isn't that big, not like it takes up a wall or anything! Not sure I can wait til the dvd. Have thought about the 'babes in arms' session coming up, don't think the older one will sit through it though. Will have to see what I can do
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Avs, I do hope you can see the movie on the big screen...some movies just deserve that HUGENESS and grandiosity, and this is one of them. But I guess a healthy baby boy is worth the trade off if you miss it. Luna, finally! Sunday is D Day, is it?

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old May 24th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Imagination Rules!

Only 1.5 hours to go and counting down now Llyn...peanut butter M&M's packed (check), water bottle fully loaded (check), movie voucher in purse (check), spectacles, testicles wallet watch (check - yeah, hubby's coming - he'd just better shut the hell up and not interrupt me during the performance, that's all I can say. He's courting death if he does - he's one of these annoying people that talks during movies - I could literally kill him sometimes at home and we rarely watch things together because of it. He usually hates TV & movies anyway, so that saves a lot of arguments and my head from exploding too often) - maybe I should throw in some of that lovely 'duct tape' stuff, just in case....

Will be de-spoilering this thread later tonight...finally...

Old May 24th, 2009, 04:17 AM
at world´s end and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdancer View Post
Only 1.5 hours to go and counting down now Llyn...peanut butter M&M's packed (check), water bottle fully loaded (check), movie voucher in purse (check), spectacles, testicles wallet watch (check - yeah, hubby's coming - he'd just better shut the hell up and not interrupt me during the performance, that's all I can say. He's courting death if he does - he's one of these annoying people that talks during movies - I could literally kill him sometimes at home and we rarely watch things together because of it. He usually hates TV & movies anyway, so that saves a lot of arguments and my head from exploding too often) - maybe I should throw in some of that lovely 'duct tape' stuff, just in case....

Will be de-spoilering this thread later tonight...finally...
I´ll be waiting for your review!
Old May 24th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Imagination Rules!

My love of Sci-Fi lives on and is once more nourished by this wonderful movie...

Okey dokey, I'm back, my eyeballs are fried, my mind is abuzz, and my mouth won't stop smiling. Ask me if I enjoyed it?

Am going to stick this whole thing under spoiler tags because I have a lot to say (I know I know, when don't I!)...here goes, in no particular order other than what comes out of my head:

Spoiler

Big sigh of relief from Luna
xxx

Old May 24th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Ohh Luna, I love your review!! very spot on about the film
Old May 24th, 2009, 02:12 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

And I continue to hold off from the spoiler tags...
Old May 24th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Imagination Rules!

I can hear your teeth gnashing from here! But it was good Avs, the baby in arms session should be an option to investigate, really. Don't miss it on the big screen if you possibly can. If you need a babysitter I promise I won't steal him...

Old May 24th, 2009, 02:51 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Luna made it back from the edge of beyond!!! I tell you, I was absolutely swept away so I knew you would be. (I have some of the same hard-core Trek concerns as you, but in the interest of reviving the franchise I am willing to overlook some things) Make sure you go back through this thread now, there are some very interesting spoiler tags you missed.

Old May 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM

finally Luna!!!! I knew you were going to L O V E I T madly. Yeah, I also felt the same about those things that are gone now but then I watched it again and again and started to make up my mind. Just take it in this way:

Spoiler

oh, you loved the Jellyfish, Spock´s ship, me too.

Click for a beautiful picture of it, made by its conceptual artist

Old May 26th, 2009, 06:12 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Just got back a while ago from my ninth viewing. Boy, that was good. Hubby asked me when I got back if the ending had changed from the last eight times I saw it. The only thing that changed was my lust level...I think it's gone up.

Old May 26th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Imagination Rules!

You mad woman - you and Mirk are vying for top viewing figures I fear! But yeah, it's worth it - and that bit where the ships suddenly jump to warp speed - man oh man oh man, I got so excited, I think I let out a whoop of delight and would have embarrassed hubby really badly if he hadn't been lost in his own Sci-Fi delirium and not noticed!

Can't wait to see it again.

Beautiful artwork there Nel, isn't if? Thanks for sharing that with me - just loved that ship to pieces - and Nero's ship was so beautifully menacing too - and HUGE! Reminded me of a Verdani treeship...in a strange, twisted kind of way.

Brilliant movie !

Llyn...don't forget to keep breathing - I know you're excited...

Old May 27th, 2009, 01:05 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Oh I'm breathing all right...panting counts as breathing, yes?

I loved the Jellyfish, very cool the way it spun around. All the effects I thought were most excellent! I get chills when Bones and Kirk first see the Enterprise at space dock.

Old May 27th, 2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyneth View Post
Oh I'm breathing all right...panting counts as breathing, yes?

I loved the Jellyfish, very cool the way it spun around. All the effects I thought were most excellent! I get chills when Bones and Kirk first see the Enterprise at space dock.
I cried in that scene... and with the opening title, when the Star Trek words appear... and at the end credits, with Leonard´s voice saying "Space, the final frontier.... " , and then the original music .... oh lord so nostalgic I was!
Old May 27th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Imagination Rules!

Hahaha - was there any part you DIDN'T cry Nel? Not that I can't totally relate, but my tearducts dried up with too much excitement for most of it - but there were moments...! :)

Old May 30th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Imagination Rules!

So here I am, freshly back from my second viewing of Star Trek and it was just as good as the first. Nothing new gleaned from a second viewing, did my usual trick of totally absorbing it first time round, didn't miss a second and was ready with all the lines - drove Amie nuts but wowowowowow - just as brilliant.

Just had an 'aha' moment - you know how you see someone and you KNOW you've seen them before, you should KNOW who they are, but just can't place them. Did this first time round with George Kirk and try as I might, I just couldn't remember where I'd seen him before. Happened again today and again, nearly drove myself nuts. And then, 2 minutes ago, it just clicked into place. I've only been watching him for a rather long time as Kim on our local soap 'Home & Away' and he left last year I think...wondered what he was doing now. I googled and it looks like he went off to Hollywood to try his luck and his doing quite well, judging by the number of films he's involved in now. I can relax now, mystery solved. I always liked him as Kim, so now I know why I was drawn to him in Star Trek. Another local lad making good in Hollywood.

I want me a silver star trek insignia brooch...want want want want.

LOVE this movie.

EDIT: Jusgt found some info that reveals that George Kirk aka Chris Hemsworth has done a movie with Eric Bana called A Perfect Getaway - filming is done apparently. Hmm further investigation doesn't reveal Eric in the movie at all...ah well.

Last edited by Stormdancer; May 30th, 2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old May 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Chris Hemsworth has done a movie with Eric Bana called A Perfect Getaway - filming is done apparently. Hmm further investigation doesn't reveal Eric in the movie at all...ah well.
Drat! You got me all excited there for a second, Luna. Serein took quite a liking to George Kirk as well. I'm rather more partial to the son, but even I'll admit he's rather easy on the eyes...and a nice voice too!

Old May 30th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Passionate about the Elf

Hehe.... we kept trying,but Serein wouldn't move over to the dark side.She did love her some Daddy Kirk!!

Can you say "10"? OK, that's it. I don't think I've ever seen a movie this many times at the theater before. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. No more until the DVD comes out.

Last edited by mirkwoodelfchick; May 31st, 2009 at 03:42 AM.
Old May 31st, 2009, 12:26 PM
Imagination Rules!

10? Holy snapping duck sh!t dude, I'm IMPRESSED. Even keen as I am, I don't think I could do that, with or without Daddy Kirk.

did you know that no matter how hard he tried, Zachary couldn't make the Vulcan V with his fingers, so in that final scene, apparently, his fingers are glued together. So my husband heard in an interview... (hope I'm not repeating something I've missed here, am sure you already know this anyway)

Old May 31st, 2009, 02:01 PM
On a Yellow Slide

I watched an interview with him and he did say he had a hard time learning it, couldn't do it at all at first, but at the end of it he did make the sign himself (no glue). Must've been practicing. I must say he and Chris Pine are adorable together in interviews, they are quite chummy and seem to get on well. Mirk, I'm jealous. You've beat me!

Old June 1st, 2009, 08:05 PM
Passionate about the Elf

Another nephew wants to go see it again and no one will go with him...what to do, what to do. If it was the IMAX screening, I may say,"OK." But those are only playing at midnight here now... ah, the agony of saying no to Star Trek!