Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar > Johnny Depp

Old May 13th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Josie

Johnny Best Autograph Signer

Johnny gets an A for being the best autograph signer according a magazine in this article.

Quote:
"Many stars become bad signers once fame and fortune hits, but not Depp. He's even signed autographs for crowds at the airport while carrying luggage," said Steve Cyrkin, editor and publisher of the Santa Ana, Calif.-based magazine.
Here's the list of the best:

1. Johnny Depp

2. George Clooney

3. Matt Damon

4. Al Pacino

5. Tom Cruise

6. Angelina Jolie

7. Elijah Wood

8. Brittany Murphy

9. Jack Nicholson

10. Clint Eastwood

Worst

1. Cameron Diaz

2. Bruce Willis

3. Demi Moore

4. Tobey Maguire

5. Alan Alda

6. Halle Berry

7. Winona Ryder

8. Teri Hatcher

9. Joaquin Phoenix

10. Russell Crowe
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Crazy in Love

Here's what they said about Cameron DIaz, :
Quote:
Diaz, however, is not so nice. "Instead of just turning down a person's autograph request, she'll lecture them about how dumb autographs are."
Beeeeyatch.
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:16 AM
besotted with buttons

That's an interesting list- and you can sort of get it from who they are can't you?
Good for Johnny!

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:40 PM
jamminn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambayuun
Here's what they said about Cameron DIaz, :

Beeeeyatch.
Gotta agree with you there ambayuun! One thing to turn someone down, but a lecture? Something I would wonder about this list, and the people who 'submit' it: how much of how they personally, were dealt with by a star, influences their viewpoint? I've noticed that Orlando now is much more reluctant to sign for autograph 'professionals', but still seems very willing to sign for 'real' fans. And kudos to Johnny!
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Becky

Go Johnny

As for Diaz, she'll loose fans if she lectures people
Old May 20th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Suze

Cameron Diaz has fans?
Old December 9th, 2006, 08:47 PM
kissing will turner !

he loves us (his fans) and we do too

sig set by Nenya thanks darling
i love you William Turner!
Old December 9th, 2006, 08:48 PM
kissing will turner !

he loves us (his fans) and we do too

sig set by Nenya thanks darling
i love you William Turner!
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:56 PM
amnariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Cameron Diaz has fans?

I'm not surprised that Johnny and George are top two since they're both totally normal guys, and they know how to show people that they appreciate admirers of their work.

On the other hand I'm surprised that Russell is low on the list he tends to get wild and angry in public from time to time...
Old June 6th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Been there, done that

That's nice :) Johnny's great, hope I can meet him one day, too! As for Elijah, he was really great when I saw him in Karlovy Vary at the film festival! Really, he would do anything for his fans even though he was absolutely exhausted!
Old June 6th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Artanis

That's nice of Johnny. He's a normal guy that understands, which is why I admire him so.
Old June 7th, 2007, 03:23 AM
mcamp81

When Johnny signed my poster at the premiere..he commented on how it was nice to sign something different for a change. Both he and Jerry Bruckheimer had said this about signing my poster..and Marty Klebba's manager or PR woman thanked me for not screaming and politely asking for his autograph. LOL
Old June 7th, 2007, 04:42 AM
L.O.V.E

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamp81 View Post
When Johnny signed my poster at the premiere..he commented on how it was nice to sign something different for a change. Both he and Jerry Bruckheimer had said this about signing my poster..and Marty Klebba's manager or PR woman thanked me for not screaming and politely asking for his autograph. LOL
What poster was it?
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:48 AM
mcamp81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
What poster was it?
I had just the plain P-3 poster..reddish with the skull and cross bones in the middle. Plenty of room for everyone to sign.
Old June 7th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Llenretedaj

Wow! I didn't know that, mcamp81. Considering the insanity that was going on though, I'm not surprised that I missed it. (I was at the Pirates premiere beside mcamp81). I was just so floored that he actually stopped. I couldn't believe it. Before I could help myself, I blurted out, "Thank you so much!", he smiled back at me and said "You're welcome." I think Johnny's reputation as best autograph signer is definitely well deserved.
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
mcamp81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llenretedaj View Post
Wow! I didn't know that, mcamp81. Considering the insanity that was going on though, I'm not surprised that I missed it. (I was at the Pirates premiere beside mcamp81). I was just so floored that he actually stopped. I couldn't believe it. Before I could help myself, I blurted out, "Thank you so much!", he smiled back at me and said "You're welcome." I think Johnny's reputation as best autograph signer is definitely well deserved.

you were sitting by me? LOL who are you? Is this my Rainforest drinking buddy Ternell? oh I have pics too from the premiere. you can go here http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/mcamp81/ to see

Last edited by mcamp81; June 8th, 2007 at 11:31 AM.