Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar > Johnny Depp

Old October 31st, 2004, 05:17 AM
moonseeker

Finding Neverland

Earlier this evening, I was lucky enough to go see a sneak preview of Finding Neverland. JD was very good as usual, not to mention gorgeous . I loved the movie and from what I could tell so did most of the other women who were there. My hubby didn't love it, but he did like it.

For those who will go see it, a tip. Take kleenix.
Old October 31st, 2004, 05:43 AM
Passionately Enthralled

I saw it too, and it was absolutely brilliant. Johnny was amazing. The accent was perfect. Even the men cried!
Old October 31st, 2004, 11:43 PM
Elo

Oh gosh, I'm so eager it comes out in France!
Old November 1st, 2004, 02:39 AM
Elven Queen in Training

Is it a chick flick? If it is I'll leave my husband home and go with the ladies.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 01:37 AM
PirateAngel

It isn't officially out in the US until the 12th of Nov. but I can't wait to see it! My whole family and my best friend and I are going to see it opening day! CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old November 27th, 2004, 06:17 AM
k-townlegolaslass07

I saw Finding Neverland this afternoon-- it was absolutely perfect. I loved it. It was such an incredible story and so moving. Johnny captured every emotion and though so well. The accent was flawless and Kate Winslet's performance was astounding. I SO hope this is Oscar material. It deserves it completely. At the end of the movie, it was just stunned silence. Not a person moved a muscle or spoke- they all walked out in complete quiet. It was astonishing the reaction- the screen goes white at the end and all the better to study the faces of the people in the cinema. They were open-mouthed and crying! I said to myself Now THAT is the reaction a real movie will give people. Fantastic movie- i recommend it to everyone.
Old November 27th, 2004, 07:00 AM
brodie

Doesn't open until the 13th January here! It's going to be TORTURE waiting that long!
Old November 28th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Elven Queen in Training

My daughter and I just got back from this movie. OMG I had to put my hand over my mouth so I didn't sob out loud! Wonderful movie. Would recommend it to everyone, not just Johnny Depp fans. The story is great!
Old December 6th, 2004, 06:32 AM
ScarletPhoenix

Oh it doesn't come out till January 13th here! My best friend and I saw the preview and we think it looks amazing. His accent is perfect too. Johnny is such a great actor! I can't wait!
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:26 AM
PirateAngel

I saw it a few weeks back but I still can't get over it! It is such a beautiful and heartwarming story. And yes, I cried so much but it's still so so so good! He's definatley Oscar Material!
Old December 11th, 2004, 03:29 AM
daydreamer58

Having seen Finding Neverland and loved it, I think this one will definitely be in the running for next year's Oscars. The film has struck gold already. ROUND ONE:

From NEWS.com.au

Quote:
Depp Oscar tip
By Nick Papps in Los Angeles
December 03, 2004

ACTOR Johnny Depp's new film about the creator of Peter Pan is the early frontrunner to win the Best Film Oscar.

Finding Neverland has been named Film Of The Year by the prestigious New York National Board of Review, the first gong of the award season and a pointer to February's Academy Awards.

Finding Neverland tells the story of Peter Pan's author, JM Barrie, and has won rave reviews, along with its stars, Depp and Kate Winslet.

Jamie Foxx yesterday won the board's Best Actor award for his portrayal of musician Ray Charles.

Veteran Annette Bening's chances for her first Oscar have risen after she won the Best Actress award for her role as an ageing diva in Being Julia.

Last year, the board gave its Best Actor award to Sean Penn, who then won the Academy Award.

Foxx is the Oscar favourite this year, with Leonardo DiCaprio from the new film The Aviator the only other tipped winner.

The board's Best Supporting Actress award was yesterday won by Laura Linney from the film Kinsey, which stars Liam Neeson and tells the story of sex researcher Albert Kinsey.

Australian actress Cate Blanchett is still the hot favourite to win the Best Supporting Actress Oscar at February's awards after a brilliant performance as Katharine Hepburn in The Aviator, a film about reclusive billionaire Howard Hughes.

Best Supporting Actor was yesterday awarded to Thomas Haden Church for the film Sideways, a story about men growing old and looking back on their lives.

Other awards issued by the board included Best Director to Michael Mann for the Tom Cruise thriller Collateral. Best Animated Feature went to The Incredibles and Best Documentary was won by Born into Brothels, a film about child prostitution in India.

A freedom of expression award was given to Mel Gibson's controversial film The Passion of the Christ but the movie about Christ's last hours is not expected to fare well at the Oscars because of its perceived anti-Semitism.

The board, which is made up of New York film professionals and students, also listed its top 10 films of the year.

They were, in order: Finding Neverland, The Aviator, Closer, Million Dollar Baby, Sideways, Kinsey, Vera Drake, Ray, Collateral and Hotel Rwanda

The Courier-Mail
(emphasis mine)
Old February 5th, 2005, 09:39 PM
AT-AT Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Centonze
OMG I had to put my hand over my mouth so I didn't sob out loud!
That exact thing happened to me Marilyn. My hubby was also crying and we could hear everyone around us doing the same. We just came in from seeing it. Wonderful movie. Just wonderful.
Old February 5th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Elven Queen in Training

I'd rate it as one of my all-time favorites. I'm trying to get people to go with me so I can see it again.
Old February 5th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Mrs. Brian Epkeen

Thumbs up

I haven't seen it, but here are some giant stills from it!: Finding Neverland

Gorgeous avatar and signature by erendira!
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Frodo's_chic

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait to see Finding Neverland.

Amber
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Balian's Lover

i so want to see this movie! i'll wait tilll its on video!
Old February 19th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Elven Queen in Training

Even though I was sobbing uncontrollably at the end it was such a wonderful movie.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:03 AM
Valerie

Oh my, I saw this movie this afternoon. And I was blown away, the story was so moving and captivating. And incredibly sad, I knew what would happen in the end.......(my friends spoiled it for me ) but it still brought a tear to my eye. I am glad I went to see it by myself.

Kate and Johnny's performance was brilliant! Did any of ya'll think of Jack Sparrow when Johnny dressed up as the pirate?
Old February 25th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Canterbury

awe....that movie is so touching. I really liked Kate's performance. She was amazing. I liked her change in hair colour. I really sets her apart from Titanic. And I like Johnny's hair too. I quite liked his long hair, but short is a nice change for him. But his fringe is weird. I don't like that....
But their performance's were superb. And the story, seeing that it's about J.M. Barrie, is actually quite close to my friend Shawna. Her great-grandfather was J.M. Barrie! Isn't that odd? So the whole movie is about her great grandfather. I think that that is so neat.
Old March 31st, 2005, 05:25 AM
Ancalime

*bump*

I heartily recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it. Yes, it was very sad and touching, but I just loved the part where Johnny's character came in wearing the Indian headdress and holding the wooden duck, and Kate says "May I take your hat?"

And when Johnny and his wife had invited Kate and the boys to dinner - Johnny starts doing funny things at the table to make the kids laugh - I thought that was so funny. I love it when men do things like that.

Wonderful movie; I bought it the other night.
Old March 31st, 2005, 05:49 AM
luv4ever

i rented this last weekend. its kind of a slow movie but its very good. its touching and sad. but i recommend it also. johnny and kate are wonderful
Old March 31st, 2005, 06:23 AM
10th Doctor's Companion

I just rented this movie and promptly fell in love with it. It was so heartwarming and poignant. I can't believe it didn't win an Academy award. And I can't believe neither Johnny nor Kate Winslet won anything for this film. It was just such a joy to watch.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old April 1st, 2005, 03:29 AM
daydreamer58

I went out and got the DVD today. I'll be watching it sometime this weekend. I LOVE Finding Neverland; it's already beome a treasured film to me. Depp and Winslet were superb and the last scene always chokes me up. I'll make sure to have my box of Kleenex next to me again when I watch the DVD!
Old April 1st, 2005, 03:54 PM
Luthien

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer58
I went out and got the DVD today. I'll be watching it sometime this weekend. I LOVE Finding Neverland; it's already beome a treasured film to me. Depp and Winslet were superb and the last scene always chokes me up. I'll make sure to have my box of Kleenex next to me again when I watch the DVD!
I just bought the DVD too. I'll be watching it sometime soon as well. I expect I will cry again. A beautiful perfect movie, one of my favourites also.
Old May 29th, 2005, 05:52 AM
ElinaR17

I saw that movie when it was out in the theaters with my best friend.

It was really good, and it was the first movie I've seen where almost everyone left crying. I was pretty shocked when I looked around and everyone was crying and sobbing.