Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar > Johnny Depp

Old June 2nd, 2007, 05:54 AM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

THis man has so much talent...from his younger days in 21 jump street to nightmare on elm street.....He can bring any character to life and he acts differently in every movie where as some actors act the same......He made POTC....if any other actor played the part of Jack Sparrow well it might not be the hit it is today...my favourite johnny movies are POTC, Edward Scissorhands..
Old June 2nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
Dafna

Quote:
Edward Scissorhands
oh, how could i forget it????!!! amazing movie! I love it! I love Tim Burton! but you know, when I have looked it for the first time I have not recognized Johnny!

Last edited by Dafna; June 3rd, 2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 05:54 PM
Aviator

Edward Scissorhands, definitely.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory being a close second.
and Sleepy Hollow after that.
hopefully Sweeney Todd will be added to this list soon. Sweeney Todd is one of my favorite musicals ever.

i didn't put Pirates in there because i don't really consider Pirates as a Johnny movie...just one of the greatest trilogies ever made.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Skyler

Edward Scissorhands - he is such an interesting character and it was the first Johnny film I'd seen.
Pirates - I think Jack will be one of Johnny's most-remembered characters, he is just brilliant!

Skyler
Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:37 AM
Artanis

Hmmm. I'd have to go with Finding Neverland.

OT: It's flippin' hard to write on the Wii.
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:33 AM
amnariel

I loved Chocolat, but.... Pirates are my favourite as far as Johnny is concerned. He just gave himself into this. I can hardly believe he is ACTING all of it looks just too real
Old June 4th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

The Libertine, he was awesome. Chocolat and Edward Scissorhands which was the first of his films I ever saw.

sig by Nenya Thanks so much....
Leaf-You are everything to me
Old July 9th, 2007, 06:48 AM
White Masque

So many to choose from!!! I will admit he is the actor I respect most (yes, even more than Orlando). He just has the experience and a marvelous personality (Orlando's a close second).

I would have to say Edward Scissorhands, Benny and Joon, Sleepy Hollow, Finding Neverland (Kate Winslet is my favorite actress), Secret Window, POTC (it was a marvelous acting performance, though not a deep role), The Brave (directed by his brother and him!), and basically everything else!

I'm a relatively young Johnny Depp fan, but he is absolutely brilliant!
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:46 AM
<<Flower>>

Do I need to say which is my favourite movie of Johnny depp? =D

Edward Scissorhands is my favourite movie ever!
And Johnny Depp (with Orlando) are my favourite actors. But, as I "met" Johnny first, all the posters of my room are of Johnny.
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Lilith

Charlie and the Chocolate Facorty
Edwar SCissorshands
Once upon a time in Mexico
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:55 AM
mandy

This is a very hard question to answer because my favorite Johnny movie seems to change on a daiy basis. Today it's "Benny and Joon". I just adore the character "Sam". Johnny was so perfect in that role.
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Searching for the Elf...

All Johnny's movies are billiant,but I think his role in POTC is the best.His play is amazing there.I think in Jack Sparrow's character there is a big imprint of Johnny's spirit.Johnny oneself always have to say that the character of Captain Jack will be a part of him forever.
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:34 PM
Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy View Post
This is a very hard question to answer because my favorite Johnny movie seems to change on a daiy basis. Today it's "Benny and Joon". I just adore the character "Sam". Johnny was so perfect in that role.
omg, Benny and Joon! i forgot about that movie! Sam is an adorable character...if i ever met someone like Sam, i would want to be his best friend. he could keep me entertained for hours...and we could watch "Prom Queen Mutilator" and recite the words to each other.
Old August 4th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Southern Slimmy

OMG! How is one supposed to choose a fave here! Of course I adore him in POTC...I Love Dead Man, Fear n Loathing in Las Vegas, Sleepy Hollow, Once Upon A Time in Mexico, Ok, I Love everything I've seen him in!!!
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Fleur89

COTBP is of course the best movie ever but I totally fell in love with "Finding Neverland" too. It's so beautiful. One of my favourite movies actually.
(In my opinion Johnny looked best in "From Hell")
Old August 20th, 2007, 10:09 PM
nellie

Well.. Captain Jack is my hero.
And of course the amazing Edward Scissorhands
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Doris_24

i love him in the movie secret window
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:35 AM
holliewooddream1

My favorites are...
1)Cry Baby
2)Chocolat
3)POTC
4)Sleepy Hollow
Old September 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

I think "Finding Neverland" would be my favorite if I could pick one (impossible).

How about "Don Juan de Marco"? He is so cute and funny and sweet and heartbreaking in that movie. I love his scenes in the harem and with the sultana. Yes, I am jealous of the sultana.

Last edited by mirkwoodelfchick; September 12th, 2007 at 02:33 AM. Reason: merged to eliminate the double post
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Passionate about the Elf

There are so many of his films I love... Edward Scissorhands, Secret Window, What's Eating Gilbert Grape... just to list three. I have to say, though, I really hated Finding Neverland. I fell asleep watching it.

Mirk
Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:19 AM
Carmen

PotC, for sure. 'Cause his performance of Jack is outstanding. I also love him in 'Sleepy Hollow' and in 'From Hell'. And as Willie Wonka in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'.

But he did another great performance in 'Ed Wood'. I didn't really like the film itself, but Johnny as Wood was ingenious!

Carmen
Old December 3rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Lindy_B

I absolutely love him as Captain Jack! I've never seen a movie with him I don't like, but I saw Edward Scissorhands, for the first time last week. I was surprisingly touched by the movie. He's just an amazing actor!