Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar > Johnny Depp

Old April 5th, 2009, 02:54 AM
X-Ray Boxer Vision

The Rum Diary- news and pictures

This thread is for Johnny's new movie The Rum Diary. Post here news, articles and pictures.

So, Johnny has been filming The Rum Diary here in Puerto Rico for almost two weeks now. Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to the set in hopes of seeing Johnny and maybe even meet him, as he's been greeting the fans and signing autographs everyday. I was there from 11:00am to almost 3:00pm, and got to see the filming of a riot outside the building used as The San Juan Star (newspaper). It was so cool to see how a scene is done and how everything has been changed to fit the 1950s.

I didn't actually get to meet Johnny, as he came to meet the fans around 6:00pm(), but I did manage a picture of him. Granted, it's from very far away and at the time I didn't know I had captured him, but it's still so unbelievably exciting!! I thought I had seen him from afar, but as I couldn't recognize anyone I wasn't sure. Turns out it was him! So here are my pics, enjoy!

---
---
----

PLEASE DON'T POST THESE AnYWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Thanks for sharing these! What a wonderful memory you have to treasure.
Old April 5th, 2009, 09:28 AM
besotted with buttons

Thanks for those isabel- looking forward to this film! Sorry to hear you just missed him, but sounds like an very interesting day nonetheless.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old April 5th, 2009, 10:08 PM
X-Ray Boxer Vision

Here's a vid from Friday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZfIp...layer_embedded

I want to cry right now. Why? WHY didn't I stay longer?!?!? I swear, if something like this happened with Orlando I'd kill myself!
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:22 AM
NinJa

Thanks for sharing your pics, isabel!

I'm so sorry you didn't get to meet him. Such a shame!! I don't blame you for being upset, 3 extra hours and he would have been there... but you never know these things for sure beforehand, it's happend to me a few times as well. Can't you go back and try again or are they done filming there?
Old April 13th, 2009, 04:51 PM
X-Ray Boxer Vision

They will be filming here for at least another month. I know were today's filming is taking place but, since it's an outdoor shoot, people aren't allowed there.
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM
NinJa

Ugh, how annoying!! I really hope you get another chance to meet him and check out the filming
Old April 16th, 2009, 08:54 PM
besotted with buttons

aww I am sorry you missed that Isabel- I can see that it would be a pisser!
I hope you get another chance

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old June 5th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Frecklescounter

From Just Jared:

Quote:
Johnny Depp: Rain Rain Go Away

Johnny Depp gets soaked on the set of The Rum Diary in San Juan, Puerto Rico on Thursday (June 4).

The 45-year-old actor revealed in the July 2009 issue of Vanity Fair, that when he wants to relax, his family heads to Little Hall’s Bond Cay, his private, 45-acre island in the Bahamas.

“(The island) is my decompression,” Depp told Vanity Fair. “It’s my way of trying to return to normalcy … Escapism is survival to me…I don’t think I’d ever seen any place so pure and beautiful,” Depp said of the island as a whole. “You can feel your pulse rate drop about 20 beats. It’s instant freedom. And that rare beast — simplicity — can be had. And a little morsel of anonymity … Whenever I was getting frustrated about being ‘novelty boy’ and making movies, I told myself, ‘Calm down.’ I can come down here and disappear. I spent the Christmas season here with Vanessa and the kids. You can feed hot dogs to the nurse sharks in the Exumas — but it’s best to not swim when doing it.”
10+ pictures inside of Johnny Depp: Rain Rain Go Away…

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old June 5th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Aint no other man but you

He has a great quote in this interview: "Money doesn't buy you happiness. But it buys you a big enough yacht to sail right up to it." I love that quote!

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old June 6th, 2009, 05:04 AM
X-Ray Boxer Vision

Oh Johnny, so close and still so far. I think they finish filming this week, and I never got to meet him...
Old June 6th, 2009, 01:49 PM
NinJa

Isabel89, I am so sorry you didn't get to meet him Hopefully he will come back again, maybe in his yacht

I love that quote too, CD

As far as I remember they named the yacht after the whole family, don't remember all the names... but it was something along VanessaJohnnyJack something something Original!
Old June 6th, 2009, 05:53 PM
X-Ray Boxer Vision

Yeah the name of the yacht is Vajoliroja. And if I remember right it means: Va- Vanessa, Jo- Johnny, Li Ro- Lily Rose, Ja- Jack.
Old June 6th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Buried Alive by Love

Sorry you didn't get to meet him,there'll be other times*hugs*
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:23 PM
NinJa

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabel89 View Post
Yeah the name of the yacht is Vajoliroja. And if I remember right it means: Va- Vanessa, Jo- Johnny, Li Ro- Lily Rose, Ja- Jack.
It's so original. I love it