Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar

Old March 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM
The Errant Star

This video is very interesting, Sebastian is there after an hour, but it´s worth waiting:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=251KPTceiXY
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Frecklescounter

Thanks for this, gilraen!
I cutted Basts part out and converted it to wmv.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N0KKC8P9

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old March 29th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Frecklescounter

Bast is currently on his first North Pole expedition.

http://www.humanedgetech.com/expedition/pe2/

He's writing about the expediton. For older messages click the 'later dispatches' link.

From his first message, March 17, 2009.
Quote:
Today, the city of West Hollywood made a proclamation of my departure and gifted me with a certificate and a proper send off at city Hall. The mayor promised me the keys of the city upon my return!

Congrats Bast!

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Frecklescounter

Sebastian is also having a MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/sebastiancopeland
In the video you can see a few glimpses of Orlando, too.

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old April 14th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Frecklescounter

I've downloaded and converted the vid.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DN1TOH5G

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old April 16th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

The windows media version to download from server -

SCopeland_JourneyToTheArctic.wmv - 44 MB

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old April 18th, 2009, 01:59 PM
CaptainTurner

Thanks for the myspace link
I love what he's doing!
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Frecklescounter

He made it! He reached the North Pole today!
It was about 2 pm (french time) when he called his mum and told her that he's calling her from the North Pole!

From Bast mom at his myspace site:

Quote:
If anyone is in or near Paris around May 10th-12th, Sebastian is flying in from Finland. His family is going to be at the airport to welcome him, and we would happy to share this occasion with any of you who have been following his expedition and who will be in the vicinity. Most of you have been very special "Friends", and we are extremely grateful for your support and encouragement. As soon as I have the details, I will post it on this blog.

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

*Bumping the thread*

Sebastian's thread has been here since it was started in 2005 with the lines: Orlando's cousin is hot.

We have come a long way since then, and I thought we might give Sebastian some more attention, due to his recent work and expeditions.

Sebastian's personal commitment to fight for the protection of the environment his work for Global Green USA and his relentless pursuit of a sustainable future is well worth discussing here as well.

So feel free to do so! And of course pictures are still welcomed here too!
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Sebastian has been given The Founder's Award from Global Green for his work!

During his introduction, the announcer also mentioned that he has a documentary film, Into The Cold, which will be shown at Sundance! Quite a coup for Bast, and (selfishly speaking) another reason for Orlando to make it to the film festival!
Here is a link to the video ofthe awards ceremony...
http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/...009/1824824016
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:51 PM
northstar

On Big Think, there are a series of videos where he speaks about the environment. Here is just one link.
http://bigthink.com/sebastiancopelan...-of-antarctica
Old December 8th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Thanks girls for those!!
Old February 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM
The Errant Star

Bearded Sebastian: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/U8jKB...stian+Copeland
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Dea

Photographer Sebastian Copeland arrives at Global Green USA's 7th Annual Pre-Oscar Party at Avalon on March 3, 2010 in Hollywood, California.

Old March 4th, 2010, 08:15 AM
mcamp81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
Photographer Sebastian Copeland arrives at Global Green USA's 7th Annual Pre-Oscar Party at Avalon on March 3, 2010 in Hollywood, California.

That man has to be Sebastian's father. Adorable. They look exactly the same lol
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Dea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamp81 View Post
That man has to be Sebastian's father. Adorable. They look exactly the same lol
Although they may look-a-like he is the director James Cameron...
Old March 4th, 2010, 09:30 AM
mcamp81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
Although they may look-a-like he is the director James Cameron...
lmfao...get the heck outta here...wow-o he got old.... haaahaha..

D'oh!
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Frecklescounter

Thanks, Dea!

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Dea

More pics from the Pre Oscar party.

Old March 9th, 2010, 04:53 PM
northstar

My hero!
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:17 AM
The Errant Star

Today is Sebastian´s birthday, he is 46. :
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Dea

I've always wondered when his birthday was! Thanks for the info and happy birthday!
Old April 3rd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Happy birthday to him !
Old April 4th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Today's my Mommy's birthday!!!!
Happy birthday to Bast and my mommy!
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Frecklescounter

In the current issue of the German magazine GALA is an interview with Bast.
http://www.gala.de/lifestyle/trend/1...Abenteuer.html
http://www.gala.de/lifestyle/trend/1...teuer.html?p=2

A rough translation via Babel Fish.

Quote:
Sebastian Copeland: I love the adventure
Sebastian Copeland is a photographer and environmental activist. On his risky journeys Hollywood stars like its cousin Orlando Bloom often accompany him.

Beside Sebastian Copeland, 46, one feels only once somehow insignificant. The Brit fights with its whole energy against the destruction of the environment and could survive loosely for weeks in the wilderness - while one already gets with the determination of the directions problems and is proud, if one disposes of the waste glass in the container.

But Copeland, the photographer, adventurer and environmental activist, waives the imagined distance away immediately in the discussion. When meeting with GALA in the hotel " Brenner' s" in Baden-Baden he chats loosely over its affair of heart, the nature protection, in addition, over Punkrock and his cousin Orlando Bloom, 33. Copeland is one of these humans, who find late their true regulation in the life, then however their thing with tremendous energy advances.

For many years he made advertising and music clips in Los Angeles and moved as a photographer movie stars in the right light. Only with mid 30 he discovered his passion for environmental protection. Since then he made attentive with just as complex as risky expeditions the North and South Pole and spectacular photographies to the climate change.

What was the most dangerous situation, into which you are come ever?
I experienced some precarious things, but the worst thing passed 2008, when I was on Devonian Iceland in the Arctic. I looked out straight for bears, when the ice, on which I was, came fallow and in motion. Suddenly there was no more connection to the island, and I stuck on the driving plates - only with my pistol, the camera and two energy bolts. There I thought, now it's over.

How does one behave in so one moment?
The most important is: no panic! That would lead only to the fact that one makes stupid decisions. And those can be deadly.

That says itself so easily.
Is correct, but one can train that. Fear exists only in the conception. You are the master of your fate, the captain of your ship. Which brought you up to this point, brings you also to the next.

How did you save yourselves at that time?
Over five hours I ran on the ice back and forth. I drank seawaters, in order not to dehydrogenate. Then some plates shifted favorably, so that I could jump from sheet to sheet, until I finally reached the mainland. When I had again firm ground under the feet, I had thrown myself on the ground and had dug my hands into the earth.

You risk much. Does it annoy you that it does not go really forward with environmental protection?
I am gladly in nature, I love these journeys and the strains, which bring her with itself. For me it is as normal as breathing. Which frustrats me, as we humans steal us from our responsibility. We destroy the planet and make ourselves straight our own livelihood broken. And when someone states, the climate change does not fall at all so drastically out - we continue as before.

In former times you were married to Brigitte Nielsen, filming commercials and photographed movie stars. How did you became the environmental activists?
(laughs) At first sight that works amusingly, but to me it was already clear as a child that I wanted to become an adventurer. That comes from my maternal grandfather. He was a physician, passionate hunter and photographer and lived in India and Africa. At most fun it always made for him to show my sister and me its enormous dia collection. Click, click, look here children - to Grandpa in Safari clothes, here the lions, there the giraffes and there the Nashorn. (laughs) It was mad.

That affected you?
Yes. I had my first camera with ten years. Later I did expeditions despite my jobs and was invited from organizations in order to hold lectures. With the UN for example. This break in my life seemed to me sometimes strange and so I had left the advertising world. Afterwards I felt much better.

What do you want to reach with your photos?
I want that you fall in love with nature. You only want to save what you love.

On your journeys you were accompanied among others b Orlando Bloom and Jake Gyllenhaal. Is it hard to win a big star for such a request?
It is a quantity of work. Such people become overwhelmed with this kind of inquiries, and they cannot engage themselves everywhere. In addition my expeditions are no short trips. I nevertheless try straight, such a thing for 2011 again in addition-get. Fortunately I have a few good friends, who help me gladly. Salma Hayek for example, she jumped spontaneously to my side to help me with an action in 2005. She had the desire, to float along to the north pole, too. And Orlando loves these adventures exactly the same as I.

How close is your relationship? You are over ten years older and moved with 16 from England to the USA.
We stand ourselves very near. Our mothers are sisters, and although we lived in former times far apart, we had regularly contact. I was like an older brother for him. I played drums, therefore he wanted that likewise. I was fascinated by the big adventurers, therefore he likewise read everything over them.

Sounds a little annoying.
I found that cool. My parents separated, when I was four, I had only my mother and my sister around me. Later I found it great to have a kind of a younger brother that likes the same stuff as I. When he came to Los Angeles, he stayed at my place.

Over the Internet one finds photos of you with a large colored Mohawk. Have you been a Punk?
Yes, clearly. In the heart I am still a rebel. Although, there I am honestly, me am missing a little the stable smell. I come from a wealthy family. But I listened to the Sex Pistols and The Clash that time up and down and drumed in heaps of Punkbands which had all moved names and after short time to have dissolved.

In May you will cross a further dangerous journey with a guidance kite and skis Greenland. Did you actually already make your will?
No. Admitted, there I am not very responsible. But still I have no children. Well, perhaps happens soon with my girlfriend and me.

Do you have a lucky charm?
I don't believe in such a thing. My camera perhaps?What made me really sad at that time when I stucked on the ice was the thought that with my death my photos of the polar bears would be lost.

Do you fear death?
Honestly said - no. I am Buddhist and see myself as part of a cycle. In addition I have a strong will. If I come into a dangerous situation, I know that I will fight. If I should lose this fight, would be no dishonor.

Hauke Herffs
I tried to fix the biggest mistakes but I'm a mess with translations.

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen