Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar

Old February 18th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Once bitten, twice shy

Ooohh, Sean Bean. Sexy Knickers! Not so much on Borrers, but Bean man! The voice, the accent and what a smile!

And yet, another double shot:

All things SB at http://www.compleatseanbean.com/

Last edited by Leowen; April 18th, 2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old February 18th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Angel_of_the_West

The pics didn't show up

Beanie...ah yes, a bit of rough. Not bad at all. I was very lucky to go and see him in Macbeth last year in the West End, for not being a trained Shakespearean actor, he did a really good job of the part of MacBeth. He kept his Northern accent, which I thought worked really well in place of the proper posh English accent.

Angel
Old February 19th, 2004, 01:43 AM
LegolasIsMyOneRing

Sean i love him too! LOL! i didn't see the pics but i pasted the links in my web borswer and once ya do that they will show up! geo cities site are werd about posting pics! but any way Thanks for the pic!! very very yummy!! and i love that one of Sean and Orli!
Old February 19th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Celebrodiel

On Bean: Ooh I saw Macbeth.
Mmmmmm, shirtless scene....

On Northern Accents: Half of my family come from Up North, and I love the fact that Sean sounds unlike most other actors. Not that I'm biased or anything...
Old February 21st, 2004, 09:37 PM
Fanfic Junkie

I'm a HUGE fan of "Sharpe" I want the boxed set (it's 80 quid though so must wait) because it's such a wonderful series

Thanks for the lovely pics!

sig & avatar by the lovely and talented elements

Dean: Come on man, I've been itching for a hunt
Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over; go ahead and knock yourselves out.
SPN Ep 2x3
Old February 22nd, 2004, 12:43 AM
Rozzan

Lovely Lovely pictures. Love his accent too. I was born and lived in his part of the north of England until seven years ago when we came farther south so it is really special to me. Rozzan.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:12 AM
eedoe

I have to say, when I first saw FotR, it was Boromir that caught my eye first and formost. He's just too fine.

I could do with a Boromir/Faramir manwich right about now... Guh!
Excuse me, I think I need to go lie down for a while now.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:18 AM
In Valinor

Oi! Lt. Sharpe just slays me. I saw this years ago and fell in love with Sean Bean all over again (I first fell into lust when I saw him playing the blackheart in "Clarissa").

About 2 years ago, I made Beasty sit down and watch the first episode of "Sharpe" and did I ever enjoy the look on her face when Sean showed up in uniform!

Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:18 AM
TweedPants

I dont know why but i just don't fins his accent appealing, it made me laugh though when in the extended version of TTT when he was giving the speech you could hear it sneaking in.

Mr Bean(God i love saying that lol) is quite a good looking guy though, Orlando is very pretty boy-ish, Sean is more rugged and manly lol
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:25 AM
eedoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedPants
Orlando is very pretty boy-ish, Sean is more rugged and manly lol
*Nods enthusiastically*

I do so enjoy those "rugged manly types".
*coughs-Boromir-Faramir-Aragorn-coughs*

Whew, 'scuse me!
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:30 AM
TweedPants

Yeah rugged and manly is good, i actually managed to come up with why i liked how Eomer looks - okay think long blonde hair, but rugged and manly, he is like spawn of legolas and Aragorn - which leads to some very disturbing thoughts of who got pregnant and i should just shut up now and get soem sleep before i harm myself or anyone around me
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:09 AM
Once bitten, twice shy

Quote:
I dont know why but i just don't fins his accent appealing,
TweedPants - that's probably because you live in the land of swoonable accents!
Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:23 PM
TweedPants

I live in the land of swoonable accents? Scotland doesnt have swoonable accents, does it? It barely has any swoonable men!
Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:02 PM
Elements

I have had a thing for Sean since I was 14 and Sharpe was on TV - still have some of the videos. He's just so... rugged It sounds rather rude of me to say this, but I mean it in a complimentary way intirely, but he is the anti James Bond to me. Where James Bond is all suave and sophisticated and 'martinis' and dinner jackets, Sean Bean is rough around the edges, and down to earth and pints of bitter. *sigh* He shall always have a special little place in my heart. Can't wait to see him in Troy.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:34 AM
Once bitten, twice shy

Quote:
I live in the land of swoonable accents? Scotland doesnt have swoonable accents, does it? It barely has any swoonable men!
Haw! If you're American, Scottish accents are swoon-worthy. And what about Sean Connery, now there's a sexy Scottsman!
Old February 24th, 2004, 01:18 AM
TweedPants

Personally i think Sean Connery is a little old for me lol. I just can't imagine any Scottish accent being swoonable - Glasweigen is the most famous, thats Billy's, then there is the Edinburgh one which is like the more English one becuase Edinburgh is jsut the tourist place - no Scots actually live there lol. Aberdonian well no one has a clue what they are saying! Its all about shagging sheep. Then the Inverness type accent is kind of Edinburgh mixed with Aberdonian. D'ya ken?(Thats like all the Aberdonian i know - i cant understand the rest)
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Utterly Obsessed

hes cool , hes british and done really well on tv and in films
Old March 26th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Eowirethien

i dont fancy him so much as i admire him cuz hes literally from the city next door to me so yeh
Quote:
Oi! Lt. Sharpe just slays me. I saw this years ago and fell in love with Sean Bean all over again (I first fell into lust when I saw him playing the blackheart in "Clarissa)
He was so hot in that i used to watch it every week even tho i was only like 5 or summat and did you no his voice is the voice over in the morrisons adverts???
Old April 25th, 2004, 05:19 AM
the_great_pashmina

He is reall sexy! I liked him in the James Bond movie Goldeneye. He made a good vilain! I also liked him in a mini-series called "Scarlett" (it's supposed to be a sequel to 'Gone with the Wind'). He played and english Lord in the 19th century. He looked hhhooottt! Also, I loved him in LOTR.
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Kikyo

In the introduction of Troy, when he begins to Narrates, I was dude, that voice!! and there is something about him that is very appealing to me, but I don't knwo what it is?
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Andune

Gah, Bean is so he makes a wicked bad guy and a lovely good guy. And gotta love a man in uniform
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:05 AM
luv4ever

he's kinda old, but he's still attractive. i think he was good in Troy and ok in LOTR.
Old July 4th, 2004, 01:44 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

I have "just discovered" Beanie. THE VOICE That is all there is to it! Actually, I'm sure there's MUCH more to it (my most recent LJ entry is ALL about Sean Bean ), as all these pics showcase, but for me...his voice...HOLY COLUMBUS OHIO! Men with accents slay me as it is, but I think Sean's is my fave of them all (including Orlando and Eric).

That is HUGE to say, but there's something about that Northern England accent (I guess that it sounds slightly Scottish or something?) that is just like ... guh. No words seem to do it justice.
Old July 4th, 2004, 02:08 AM
In Valinor

Oh Sonia. You definitely HAVE to rent episodes of the British series "Sharpe". Sean is the BOMB in those episodes! *check my post up above*
Old July 4th, 2004, 10:12 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Am I gonna have to find a library to try and rent SHARPE episodes (a friend of mine even told me one of the men from Angel was on an episode and steals Sharpe's wife?!? Wesley can't steal anyone's wife!! ), or will BLOCKBUSTER have 'em?

So, I have a bit of a new .... um, we'll call it "fascination" right now .... with Beanie. Knowing this, my awesome friend Catz from the UK who enables me to the MOON sent me a bunch of pics I thought I'd share

DANG, that smile just ... slays

and look at THESE beauties

God Bless, Catz!! Oh, and ya know what else? I had a DREAM about him (me and Catz) last night! It's in my LJ if anyone is interested in the strange inner workings of my mind. If he's a fraction as nice as he was in the dream, he is a real peach