Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar

Old September 21st, 2009, 01:19 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

He was wasn't he? Can't imagine anyone could have done it better.

Lake Morwen... I think it's a November release date in the USA. I have read the book too and appreciate the story. Ben is better than I could have imagined (and I have a good imagination.) There have been some reviews which have claimed the film is more of a horror story which detracts from the philosophical nature of Wilde's writing, but I didn't think so, maybe because I was a little familiar with the story so I was tuned into the underlying serious moral stuff anyway and I think they have made the film interesting. It is colourful and lush and exciting and as I've said Ben is just incredible. I aim to sneak off one afternoon and see it again so I can indulge some more. Hmmm, although maybe that's a bit youthful and sinful and Dorian Grayish...

and Jaw, yes he can manage adult scenes! I thought he was good looking as Prince Caspian but a bit bland and boyish and he didn't grab me like he has here, now I am looking forward to next Narnia film. I used to feel the same about Leonardo di Caprio, back in the Titanic days he was just a pretty face to me, but he has made a brilliant actor, Blood Diamond and Body of Lies especially IMO. Now thinking the same for Ben.

sig by Nenya Thanks so much....
Leaf-You are everything to me

Last edited by Corrinna; September 21st, 2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: adding.
Old September 21st, 2009, 04:36 PM
Buried Alive by Love

From what I've read he does seem to get really good reviews-which is the opposite to Orlando I mean I like Orlando so.....don't know if thats just people picking on him,but I must admit I like Ben even in Prince Caspian,I think he's set for great things
I haven't read Dorian Gray yet but have the book ready when I've finished the one I'm on!
Old September 21st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Tripped Into Divine

Those of you who have seen 'Dorian Gray' are so lucky! I really hope it comes to the US ..

.............................Ben Barnes Fan | My LiveJournal | I Heart Jake
Old September 26th, 2009, 06:38 AM
dejaorlando22

Rumor has it is that Dorian will be released in the US in october sometime.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:26 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Not long to wait then! You MUST GO

I went to see this again tonight at the cinema, so now can't sleep at all last night of showing here, as it's not been the most well attended of films
I expect Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs will run for much longer with huge audience numbers. What is the world coming too? I am getting old.

Not the first time I've been to multiple showings at the cinema before waiting for the DVD, but it's got be really good to warrant that! My record is Brokeback Mountain, which I saw 4 times on big screen and wept my heart out each time.

Dorian was just so good, so clever if you've ever thought about mortality/immortality or your soul or morality and how it all ties up you should see this and read the book to make you think.

Ben was just as stunning second time around, such a well cast wonderful performance. Lovely costumes and settings. There were many instances when he reminded me of Orlando, in his looks, his lines and personality and voice, so much so that some scenes they could have been interchangeable, mostly when Dorian was exhibiting his "good" emotional side, Ben was more Deppish when being cruel and evil and uncaring. (Just a personal critical observation folks, not intended as slagging any actor at all, more appreciating them.)

Was great to go and have another 2 hours of erotic Ben, but must mention that sexual stimulation (of which theres lots) can also stimulate the intellect and interest, as I am sure a lot of you know from experience.

These last days I have watched Wilde again starring Stephen Fry as Oscar Wilde, brilliant (2 glorious seconds of Orlando as rent boy) great film. Re read The Picture Of Dorian Gray, and loved every minute while also comparing its differences to the film version. Some bits are very different and a lot is left out of course and new more dramatic bits put in, but I still think they kept the most important parts and didn't lose the impact or message, just made it more exciting. Also have read some of Wilde's other works, plays, childrens tales, short stories etc, and am starting on a biography of Oscar Wilde now. Amazing what a young good looking effeminite actor can inspire in a woman of a certain age and inclination!

sig by Nenya Thanks so much....
Leaf-You are everything to me
Old October 2nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Buried Alive by Love

Quote:
Amazing what a young good looking effeminite actor can inspire in a woman of a certain age and inclination!
Yes!! I'm 34,but its amazing to be inspired and I haven't even seen the film yet-I've started on the book though
Thanks for your review/observations-I think they are really helpful and interesting !
Shame that some films don't get the viewing they deserve-but that doesn't mean its not a good film,probably better for it....
I'm awaiting the dvd,as I haven't been able to get to the cinema-looking forward to it!!
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:57 AM
Dazed and Confused *narf*

Old January 2nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
Buried Alive by Love

YUM! Thanks mata
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:51 AM
Enemy of mine...

Ooo yummy! Thanks for those mata! Oops how'd I end up in here on my way to the Jared thread? *runs away from jaw*

Can't wait to see DG!
Old June 26th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Faithafee

I'm actually a new Ben Barnes fan and I cannot wait until Dorian Grey comes to the US.
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Maetharanel

I found some recentish images of him

Old October 26th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Here is picture of the yummie Ben Barnes I took of him last month in London.
I saw him in a play called "Birdsong" and he had the lead role.
A very intense part and Ben pulled it of brilliantly.

But outside he was such a young man again !!!!

Old December 15th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

I just returned from seeing The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and my heart is all aflutter. Ben's eyes... his smile...
I have to admit though that I was making pirate comparisons.

Tonny thanks for sharing the pic you took of him in London.

Also, for those hoping to see Dorian Gray in the USA, I noticed my library has a copy of the DVD now.
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:55 AM
Legolas'MortalPrincess

I must say Ben is one of my favourite young actors, I love him best as Caspian (why they got rid of the accent in Voyage of Dawn Treader I will never understand) but he was pretty damn hot as Dorian Gray, and he probably should have had more screen time in Stardust (as the young version of Tristan's father)
Old July 31st, 2011, 08:55 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenVampire View Post
I must say Ben is one of my favourite young actors, I love him best as Caspian (why they got rid of the accent in Voyage of Dawn Treader I will never understand) but he was pretty damn hot as Dorian Gray, and he probably should have had more screen time in Stardust (as the young version of Tristan's father)
Yeah the accent thing was funny! It was gone!
( I thought he rather sexy with it though!! )
Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Aint no other man but you

Just had to post this picture that I think is the hottest of Ben Barnes. I hope you like it

I have no idea what it is from. I just know I love it.

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:17 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Thanks CD. This pic is a bit of a change from the dear sweet Prince Caspian... Perhaps it is more Dorian?
Old November 1st, 2011, 03:58 PM
Smitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanDreamin View Post
Just had to post this picture that I think is the hottest of Ben Barnes. I hope you like it

I have no idea what it is from. I just know I love it.
Yummy! I love Black and Whites, sigh why must all the hot guys be on the other side of the pond?

BTW you so know I "stole" that from your pin board a few weeks ago
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:35 PM

I know! British guys are just the sexiest, aren't they? Except for Orlando in the dream I had about him last night. He was scared to squash a bug so I had to do it. I was not impressed lol!

I've stolen a few things from you on pinterests. And hot guys are for sharing with friends

Old November 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Smitten

I know and my new obsession is also British so I'm good for now. I always have to have my daily quota of the Brit boys.

Anyone know what Mr. Barnes is up to lately? I'm not so good at internet stalking him as I should be.
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Smitten

New Pics!!!

http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-g...he-musical-03/

Old November 28th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

Oeeh nice Mr. Barnes!
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Smitten

Ohhhh I know

I found a great deal on a copy of Easy Virtue this weekend and got it, I can't wait to re-watch it!!
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:32 PM

Ben is looking very handsome I've only seen him in Dorian Grey and bit of Prince Caspian. The parts of him I saw in Dorian Grey I'd surely like to see again

Thanks for the pics Jamie

Old November 28th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Smitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanDreamin View Post
Ben is looking very handsome I've only seen him in Dorian Grey and bit of Prince Caspian. The parts of him I saw in Dorian Grey I'd surely like to see again

Thanks for the pics Jamie
Wellllll You know I'm always up for re-watching/memorizing that movie and like I said I got Easy Virtue this weekend, soooo one movie night we need to watch it!