Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > The Man Bar

Old December 10th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Aranel-calen

It seems to weird at how the Hobbits and all the younger cast of LOTR have grown up. I keep thinking they are all gonna stay in their early 20's or what ever just cause I love them best in LOTR. Why can't I freeze time? When Orlando hits 30 then I will feel old, wait that's like January!! Plus I'm only 18 but I was like 13 when i fell in love haha

Last edited by Aranel-calen; December 12th, 2006 at 10:26 AM.
Old December 10th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Been there, done that

but...but...30!? But that means that even Orlando will be 30...um...I so agree with you, Aranel!
Anyways....happy belated bday to Dom!
Old January 4th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Selene

Great pics,even tho' some of the pics couldn't be seen...sadly,but anyways i love it all of them...
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:44 PM
In love with....

I hope these are new.

Old March 9th, 2008, 06:46 AM
at worldīs end and beyond

Quote:
DOMINIC MONAGHAN HOLDS PHOTOGRAPHIC EXHIBITION

Actor DOMINIC MONAGHAN is staging an exhibition of his photographs in Los Angeles next week (begs10Mar08). Among Monaghan's favourite photos will be shots of his Lost co-stars Matthew Fox, Josh Holloway and Jorge Garcia and his The Lord Of The Rings co-stars Elijah Wood and Sir Ian MCKellen. The Happy Accidents exhibition will be held at Hamilton-Selway Fine Art in West Hollywood from 14 March until 27 April (08). Monaghan says, "Happy Accidents refers to those moments where you don't expect what is going to happen, but it ends up being something good."
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...bition_1061763
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:50 PM
at worldīs end and beyond

here are some pics from the exhibition:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1773&ito=1490
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Utterly Obsessed

Thanks for the links.

Lillie
Old January 17th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Dazed and Confused *narf*

Old January 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Once bitten, twice shy

Oh, very nice, thanks mata!
Are the group pics the cast from a show he's be in recently? I haven't seen him in anything since Lost and the new trailer for Wolverine.
Old November 26th, 2009, 02:14 AM
OrlyB&BenBfangrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranel-calen View Post
It seems to weird at how the Hobbits and all the younger cast of LOTR have grown up. I keep thinking they are all gonna stay in their early 20's or what ever just cause I love them best in LOTR. Why can't I freeze time? When Orlando hits 30 then I will feel old, wait that's like January!! Plus I'm only 18 but I was like 13 when i fell in love haha

HA!! I feel you dude... grhh!! oh well life goes on!!
Old January 1st, 2010, 08:58 AM
Dazed and Confused *narf*

Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:34 AM
Happily Obsessed

Lost! Dominic is Back!!!

Just watching LOST Final Season Premiere and guess who just
returned! Dominic is back!

He was the reason I started watching Lost right from the Series Pilot Movie!
So great to see Charlie again!
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Aint no other man but you

Dominic is on Craig Ferguson on 3/10. Also on Ellen the same day.

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira

Last edited by CaribbeanDreamin; March 2nd, 2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Head Over Heels

I don't think this has been posted, but I was just on youtube and I saw that Dominic is in Eminem's new video "Love The Way You Lie" featuring Rihanna. Megan Fox is co-starring as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U

Dominic also said this in an interview with MTV:

Quote:
The world has gotten plenty of glimpses at the troubled relationship between Eminem and his two-time ex-wife, Kim. But in the new video for "Love the Way You Lie," the angst-filled rapper takes on domestic violence, a topic collaborator Rihanna is no stranger to.

While filming the clip with director Joseph Kahn (Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani), "Lost" actor Dominic Monaghan said he suffered some bumps and bruises in order to get the serious message across.

"I think we tried as hard as we could to not glorify the violence, to try and explain that this was a relationship that is by no means ideal and a relationship that probably should have ended a lot sooner than it did," Monaghan told MTV News. "The concept of 'Love the Way You Lie' was essentially a look at the relationship that Eminem was in with his wife, Kim, so I kind of felt like I was playing Eminem a little bit, and Megan Fox was kind of playing Kim," he said of his kissing co-star in the clip.

"It's the story of them getting to know each other, and it's the story of their tumultuous relationship, and it was the story of the breakdown of their relationship," Monaghan added. "Ultimately, what I think he's trying to say in the song ... is that he should have walked away a little bit quicker than he did and not let it get as messy as it did." Trying to get into Eminem's mind-set in scenes such as the one in which he confronts a man who is talking to Fox's character, Monaghan said he led with anger. "All his motivation, every forward step that he takes is based on his anger," he said of the character. "We're supposed to be desperately in love, like Bonnie and Clyde style, like Sid and Nancy, John and Yoko ... Eminem and Kim."

The video has a number of scenes of domestic violence, in which the couple get physical with each other, and Monaghan said he didn't escape without drawing a bit of blood. "I get to throw Megan around quite a lot ... throw her up against the wall and then she throws me up against a wall and smacks me in the face and spits in my face ... and I chase her around the house and smash windows and walls."

Monaghan said he injured his knee as well as his hand during the shoot, the latter when he punched a mirror and the former when he braced his left knee on the floor while punching his video rival more than 50 times. While the video throws a spotlight on the dangers of an abusive relationship with the help of two glitzy Hollywood stars, Monaghan said the message about the destructive, ugly nature of domestic violence is front and center.

"There's nothing sexy or cool or fun about being in a violent relationship," he said. "Whether it's her being violent to you or you being violent to her ... violence both ways or any kind of destructive relationship is something you should probably get out of." One of the messages of the video is that Eminem probably should have bailed on his relationship earlier than he did, Monaghan said, and the challenge of the clip was taking a serous subject and making it into a good video that helps sell the song. "A good video can still have a message of caution in it," he said.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164...5/eminem.jhtml
Old November 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Country Girl

Apparently Dom doesn't eat turkey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEeLcnmHdQo
Old November 27th, 2010, 07:33 PM
The Errant Star

Thatīs wonderful, I didnīt know, he can sing so good.
Old December 9th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOM!
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
In Love

Over the weekend I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I have never watched and X-Men movie before, but seeing as this one had Dom, Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Durand, Aaron Jeffery, Myles Pollard, Liev Schreiber and of course Hugh Jackman...I had to see it. Yep, almost my dream team of casting right there! Okay so my point being, I was not happy with what happened to Dom's character. I think Bradley had potential for the rest of the story. As always well played on Dom's part.