Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Ned Kelly > Screencaps

Old March 10th, 2004, 05:18 AM
10th Doctor's Companion

I finally got around to screencapping Ned Kelly after months of procrastination. I'm posting some samples here. Hope you all like them.

The rest are here: Ned Kelly Screencaps

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serein
YES! Pass the sponge
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:27 PM
In Valinor

Serein for doin' the duty. So BIG! The screencaps that is.

Joe in a tub...rub a dub, dub...
Old March 10th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Threthiel

Indeed, Serein, We likes them!

I have no idea if this will be playing anywhere near me. Does anyone know somewhere I can check that?
Old March 10th, 2004, 08:22 PM
lilbambina6329

bravo serein bravo...

oh no ..naughty thoughts...must stop..no..precioussss....keep going..keep going..

yesss.....preciousss.....yes.... :eyes:

sorry guys naughty thoughts took over ..i couldn't control them....lol..

lilbambina
Old March 10th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Squeeee! Thank you Serein! We love them!!! Yummy Joe...Yummier even more in the tub! I'll scrub your back, sweetie, if you scrub mine :eyes:

Angel
Old March 10th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Threthiel

Serein, you are just giving me more to work with on the PPF. I believe Joe needs a good lass to bathe him sometime soon.
Old March 11th, 2004, 07:09 AM
OrlandosRiverRat

March has put me in a MAJOR Joe Byrne mood, and the more I watch the movie, the more I fall for this character, scruff and all. Thanks SO much for the caps! And since I didn't want to start a new thread but DID want to share the stills from ComingSoon.net, here they are:

here are some promo stills from the film which hits theaters March 26th:

Joe Byrne, while very soulful (Orlando's performance is ALL in his eyes...he'll break your heart), gives Will Turner a run for his money as Orlando's SEXIEST character ever! The scruffy look has really grown on me
Old March 11th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Rozzan

Yes totally agree ORR. The performance is in the eyes and it is startling. Also the more you watch the movie the better you appreciate what a superbly subtle job he does with character. It gets stronger and more powerful with repeated viewings, because I think you concentrate more on Orlando once you know the plot and whats coming, and you see how he portrays everything with his eyes and body laungage. I can see why it's really getting to you. It really got to my son too, not just Orlando although he did admit to me that "Bloom was really good in that film, mum". It impressed him so much that he got us to order him two Ned Kelly books from Amazon and he is not the worlds greatest reader! You have reminded me that I must watch this again very, very soon.
Old March 12th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Loves Elves & Outlaws!

Thanks Serein and Sonia for the screencaps...sorry, I mean the HUGE screencaps!

I've seen no advertising for this movie - I know it is only showing in select theatres - but I thought I would see it somewhere! Can't wait!
Old March 14th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Fanfic Junkie

Serein and Sonia - THANK YOU!!

I own the film but I still can't get enough of Joe

-Chris

sig & avatar by the lovely and talented elements

Dean: Come on man, I've been itching for a hunt
Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over; go ahead and knock yourselves out.
SPN Ep 2x3
Old March 18th, 2004, 03:34 AM
jsclark86

For those of us who haven't seen Ned Kelly yet, for whatever reason, I have found a website that has some clips from the film, pictures from the film, and other goodies. If you want to check it out, here is the website:

http://www.geocities.com/nedkellythemovie/

There is a clip with Orli, however he doesn't have a big part and there is also a "behind the scenes" look and they do talk to Orli about the film (he talks in his Irish accent).

I have this one bookmarked.
Old March 18th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Eowirethien

is it just me but does that roll up look a bit dodgy, ya see im a VERY cultured girl or well knowledged or summat like dat???
Old March 18th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Aprils

Guh! Thank you for the super huge screen caps. Didn't really like Joe until now. Will it open in Fort Worth. *sigh* Maybe Dallas.

April
Old September 22nd, 2004, 02:34 AM
captainfla

i prefer him early in the movie you know with the short beard as compared to the long beard! and me being australian i got to see it a whole year early thatn you brits and americans tee hee!!!!! go me!
Old September 22nd, 2004, 03:18 AM
Balian's Lover

i have the ned kelly movie and i didnt really care for it but i only watch it because of Orlando i love the beard, its really hot, i love that scene with Joe Byrne in the bath tub. k now i have a dirty thought in my head. not good and i think im going to have a heart attack

Nikki C
Old September 23rd, 2004, 02:25 AM
Zilbee123

Please dont have a heart attack nikki16 we dont have any way of peelin ya off the floor now would we? *sighs*
I SOOOOOOOOOOO want to see it *hopes to get it for my birthday* i don't like the beard but i'll live...*dreams*
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:00 AM
MrsTurner

ohhhh yes, the bath scene... "Can you help me with my back? I cant reach" What a smooth talker! "Sure joe, maybe I could hop in there with you too"
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:55 PM
Luthien

Another board I looked at recently had a discussion about Joe and the expression in his eyes. How it was always thoughful and intelligent and maybe shadowed and haunted, except for the times maybe when he was with women, but even then you know, there is that deep quality still in his glance. he can never escape who he is and what life is about.
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:42 AM
besotted with buttons

I think all of those descriptions fit the look in his eyes, there is a moment though when he looks at Mrs Scott, Rachel Griffiths, just as he comes in to the room and shuts the door that sends shivers, it is very different to the 'nothing wrong with being friendly' or the bath scene. Has a hardness to it that is all about outlaws on the run and 'i need some comfort'. He then of course lets her do the work and pretend he is seducing her, just because he can.
Is also very different with Maggie, when he last sees her is ALL about that haunted and shadowed feel and how she loves him. I guess i am saying that i think you are right there is a different quality to him with women, but also then complicated again by yet more layers and different times- IMHO anyhow.

not that i have watched it much...

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Luthien

I can see you know what you are talking about here. He is so special isnt he. Worth watching over and over and over.
Old February 25th, 2005, 12:54 AM
besotted with buttons

Time and time again. Funny how you think you know it all and then something else just reveals itself..

Old February 28th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Malene

This film has been much neglected in Orlando fandom IMO.
Happy to see that Lasses who could earlier only see the scruffy beard can now see the man!!
Old March 2nd, 2005, 11:42 PM
besotted with buttons

absolutely malene but then again perhaps if we keep off the roads, only travelling at night we can have him to ourselves..the secret safe with those of us who have a set of clippers and a taste for outlaws
heehe..

Old March 3rd, 2005, 03:51 AM
unbraided elf

Oh I love Ned....he's dark and sexy and an "outlaw". Loved the accent and he was a flirt wasn't he?

I meant Joe....I keep thinking he was the lead because Heath was...pffttt as far as I was concerned. Sorry!

Last edited by unbraided elf; March 25th, 2006 at 02:28 AM.