Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > At World's End

Old June 20th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_erupt View Post
Hands down favorite was the marriage scene. The music, the lighting, the set of up the shots, the choreography, the dialouge...everything was just beautifully done. I'm usually not one for those big romantic moments, but it just kicked a$$, and was just IT. The way they were supposed to be married.
That has to be my favorite as well. That and the beach scene.

Another one for me is when Captain Teague is introduced, and when we meet Jack's mom. Classic.

I also love the part when they make the Jack and Will trade on the sandbar.
Old June 21st, 2007, 04:38 AM
AmberRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interconnector View Post
I absolutely love the scene with Will, Beckett and Davy Jones drinking tea. I thought it was one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie and i love that Will is completely in charge the whole time.
Orlando really needs to do more comedic roles.

I didn't finish that! god i love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
Hmmm. Favorite Scenes include:

Tea Scene
Marriage Scene
Multiple Jacks
Singapore
Brethren Court
That was the best wedding ever. Makes me want to get married like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimue View Post
I think I'll go with the crowd here and say all the scenes with Bandana Will and the tea scene.

And Will at Elizabeth's knee...just thinking about it makes me, well... nevermind.

Also, in DMC and AWE, I think all the shots of the Flying Dutchman coming out of the water are the coolest thing ever put on film.

The whole parlay scene.

And the sailor who snaps his toe off just cracks me up everytime.
Dude i cant watch the toe coming off. I just get grossed out. I think i have issues with losing body parts

Last edited by Serein; June 21st, 2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old July 21st, 2007, 04:26 PM
APiratesLife4Me

Jack: "Nobody move...I dropped me brain."

Jack: "He needs the Pearl, Captain Turner needs the Pearl. and you feeling guilty. and you and your brethren court. Did nobody come to save me just because they missed me?"

Jack: "And that was without even a single drop of rum."

Will: "Elizabeth...will you marry me?" Elizabeth: "I don't think now's the best time." Will: "Now maybe the only time...I love you...I've made my choice what's your's?" Elizabeth: "Barbossa, marry us!" Barbossa: "I'm a little busy at the moment." Will: "Barbossa now!" Barbossa: "Fine then! Dearly beloved we be gathered here today.." Will: "Elizabeth Swann do you take me to be your husband." Liz: "I do." Will: "Great" Liz: "Will Turner do you take me to be your wife in sickness and in health. With health being the less likely." Will: "I do." Barbossa: "As Captain I know pronounce you...you may kiss...you may kiss...Just kiss!"

Jack: "Who am I? *Jack gives a hurt look*...I'm Captain Jack Sparrow."

Jack: "We must fight to run away."

Jack: "My peanut."

Jack: "Now we're being followed by rocks."

Will: "He thinks we're a hallucination." Jack: "Will you tell me something? Have you come because you need my help to save a certain distressing damsel? Er... rather damsel in distress? Either one." Will: "No." Jack: "Then you wouldn't be here would you? So you can't be here. QED you're not really here."

Jack: "Think like the whelp. Think like the whelp. Think like the whelp half barrel hinges...leverage."

Elizabeth: "This is madness!" Jack: "This is politics."

Jack: "Why should I sail with any of you? Four of you tried to kill me, *looks at Elizabeth* one of you succeeded. Oh she's not told you. You'll have loads to talk about here."

Will: "You chose not to tell me." Elizabeth: "I couldn't. It wasn't your burden to bear." Will: "But I did bear it didn't I? I just didn't know what it was. I thought..." Elizabeth: "You thought I loved him." Will: "If you make your choices alone, how can I trust you?" Elizabeth: "You can't"

Beckett: "You're mad." Jack: "Thank goodness for that. If I wasn't this would probably never work."

Elizabeth: "I propose an exchange. Will leaves with us and you can take Jack." Will: "Done." Jack: "Undone." Beckett: "Done." Barbossa: "Jack's one of the nine pirate lords, you have no right." Elizabeth: "King."

Jack: "Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Jack: "I don't have the face for tentacles."

Jack: "No wind, of course there's no bloody wind."

Jack: "And we'll have a marvelous garden party and you're not invited."

Jack: "Hector, it's been a long time hasn't it?"
Barbossa: "Yes it has since the Ilse de Murta, where you shot me."
Jack: [funny look] "No I didn't"

Will: "Keep your eye on the horizon." (me favorite Will quote!)

Davy: "Ha ha... Lookie here boys. A lost bird. A lost bird that never learned to fly."
Jack: "To my great regret. But! It's never too late to learn."

Will: "I'm going to need the other one."

Will: "What is it you want most?"

Will: "No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it."

Will: "My actions were my own and to my own purpose." Jack: "Well spoke. Listen to the tool."

Jack: "Mate if ya lock your heart away you lose it for certain."

Will: "I told myself to think like Jack." Jack: "And this is what you came up with? It's like you don't know me at all mate...And how does your dearly beloved feel about this? Oh you didn't feel fit to trust her with it."

Elizabeth: "You will listen to me! LISTEN! The other ships will still be looking to us, the Black Pearl to lead, and what will they see? Frightened bilgerats aboard a derelict ship? No, they will see free men and freedom! And the enemy will see the flash of our canons and they will hear the ringing of our swords and they will know what we can do! With the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, Hoist the Colors..."

Will: "Depends on the one day"

Jack: "I prefer rum...rum's good."

Elizabeth: "Then you have made your choice. We will fight, and you will die."

Elizabeth: "Words whispered through prison bars lose their charm."

Will: "It was always yours... Will you keep it safe?"

Jack: "I agree with and I can not believe the words are coming out of me mouth..Captain Swann. We must fight." Barbossa: "You've always run away from a fight." Jack: "Have not." Barbossa: " You Have so." Jack: "Have not." Barbossa: "You Have so" Jack: "Have not." Barbossa: "You Have so and you know it!" Jack: "Have not slander and calamy!"

Just a few of my many favorite quotes.
Old August 6th, 2007, 09:41 PM
OURSOULINA

Orlando's most beautiful shot in POTC movies

Okay, I know that is veeeeery difficult to choose between soooo many scenes, but I will give a try...........well, for me, whenever he had his hair down, but the shot that made me really weak in the knees, that took literally my breath away, that gave chills down my spine was from AWE, after they killed Beckett and destroyed his ship, when he is standing at the side of the Flying Dutchman, looking at Elizabeth and talking with his father about the curse.............my God, the expression on his face, that sadness, the way the light made these chocolate eyes look like they weren't from this world, the sexy bandana, the long hair, the wounded chest, all these made him look like a an angel fallen from heaven.......so divine, so unearthy stunning, the ultimate beauty.:I was speechless in this scene everytime I saw the movie, and I saw it seven times! thud: So, what shot is your favorite from the three movies?
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Southern Slimmy

Oh wow! Good luck on me choosing here! lets see, I love there in Sao Feng's bathhouse where he is SOAKING wet & his long hair is all exposed. I love the look on his face when he says "I wasn't finished with that" when Davy Jones knocks the tea outta his hands. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Captain Turner look with the bandanna & the 10 year scene in that lovely white shirt & I love the intensity when he pushes Liz....Wow, I can't choose one lol there's so many there....lol
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Searching for the Elf...

Good Lord!That's really,really difficult to choose.Can I tell that I love him everywhere?!This 's gonna be the real truth.But one of my favourite scenes is when he's talking with his father,after the destoying of the ship of Beckett.Other scene is when he returns in the battle like captain of the "Flying Duchman"-everybody know this scene,with the grey bandana over his curls....Other is in Sao Feng's bathhouse....there so many,I can't choose only one.That's IMPOSSIBLE!
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Alive...and kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OURSOULINA View Post
Okay, I know that is veeeeery difficult to choose between soooo many scenes, but I will give a try...........well, for me, whenever he had his hair down, but the shot that made me really weak in the knees, that took literally my breath away, that gave chills down my spine was from AWE, after they killed Beckett and destroyed his ship, when he is standing at the side of the Flying Dutchman, looking at Elizabeth and talking with his father about the curse.............my God, the expression on his face, that sadness, the way the light made these chocolate eyes look like they weren't from this world, the sexy bandana, the long hair, the wounded chest, all these made him look like a an angel fallen from heaven.......so divine, so unearthy stunning, the ultimate beauty.:I was speechless in this scene everytime I saw the movie, and I saw it seven times! thud: So, what shot is your favorite from the three movies?
I agree with you Oursoulina,thatīs my favourite shot by far......I could see it a hundred times and never have enough,heīs such a dream of a man...

Old August 7th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I would have to agree with Oursoulina with that scene on the side of the Flying Dutchman! I remember seeing that light in his eyes and grabbing my best friend and my husband's legs at the same time and gasping when I saw it! The way the light shined off his beautiful face. It was surreal!! And then the next 2 times I saw it with other friends I told them ahead of time to look at this when it came on the screen and they agreed it was the most beautiful shot of Orlando in the movie.
Old August 7th, 2007, 02:49 PM
JenTurner

My favorite Orli shot in POTC is in AWE, when he first turns around as the CoTFD, and says ''ready on the guns'', with the bandana & the scar, etc. I've seen the film about 20 times and I still swoon at that scene.
Old August 7th, 2007, 03:05 PM
In Love

i love all of his scenes but hands down is when he became the capt. of the flying dutchman. THUD!
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Malene

I agree Oursolina.That shot is one of unbelievable beauty.
Old August 7th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Merged your thread into the existing one, Oursolina.

Don't mind me, please go on gushing.

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old August 8th, 2007, 04:43 AM
wallace

When Will tells his father to take the wheel is very touching.

The way the light plays on Elizabeth's face, and the sheer ecstacy as he is running his hand up her leg.

The way she runs after him calling his name.

The way they rest their foreheads together - so much quiet passion in that scene and so sad at the same time. You can see the love there, the passion, and the reality that he must go, and neither of them want it.

When they throw their hats, and Jack tells Mr Gibbs - you may throw my hat, and then tells him to go get it.

When Barbossa gives Jack the monkey a peanut and he tells him what a good boy he is.

When Jack and Mr. Gibbs talk at the end and do their exchange of give nothing, etc. etc.

And when Jack is in the dingy, takes a swag of rum and goes off.
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:48 AM
dazzled

The kiss on the knee......one of the most erotic scenes I've ever seen ....
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

I love this movie, top to bottom, beginning to end. There is a scene that really gets me, and Will isn't in it. It is Cutler Beckett's death scene. The musical score and the way Tom Hollander plays the scene actually makes me feel sorry for that hateful little rat.
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:22 AM
wallace

mamakidd - didn't like Cutler, but liked the way he acted. His death scene in slow motion was so good, and when they are on the sand, and he tells Capt'n Jack not to be so modest - so cutting with his words.

Of course, Norrington's death is very poignant, and the way he tells Bootstrap Bill to stand down. A shame he was killed off. I would have loved to see him join forces with Will.

And, the two soldiers at the beginning in the first Pirate film, who turn Pirate at the end. And, who can forget the Pirates scene with Jack and Barbossa when the guy (can't believe I can't remember his name) tells them to "stow it". Priceless! I'm going to miss them!
Old August 9th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Utterly Obsessed

I'd say the whole movie.
If I have to choose, I'd say the scene where Will dies : the pain of Elizabeth and his father and the shock of Jack. The whole audience was deathly quiet.
The scene, at end of the movie, when he's Captain Turner and talks to his father, he seems so sad and he's so handsome !
The scene where Will leaves Elizabeth at the end.
The scene where the "Flying Dutchman" and the "Black Pearl" battle in the Maelstrohm, this scene is so impressive, it's a scene that must be seen on big screen !
And a lot more. So, you see, I'd better say the whole movie. I can't wait for the DVD.

Thank you Nimue for my beautiful siggie and avi !
Old August 9th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace View Post
mamakidd - didn't like Cutler, but liked the way he acted. His death scene in slow motion was so good, and when they are on the sand, and he tells Capt'n Jack not to be so modest - so cutting with his words.

Of course, Norrington's death is very poignant, and the way he tells Bootstrap Bill to stand down. A shame he was killed off. I would have loved to see him join forces with Will.

And, the two soldiers at the beginning in the first Pirate film, who turn Pirate at the end. And, who can forget the Pirates scene with Jack and Barbossa when the guy (can't believe I can't remember his name) tells them to "stow it". Priceless! I'm going to miss them!
Yes, these characters have become so real to me that it is going to be like losing good friends, knowing that I (probably) won't see them again except in the DVD!

I thought of another favorite moment--at the meeting of the Pirate Lords, when Jack says "Shoot him..then cut out his tongue--then shoot his tongue!" The audience always howls at that one.
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Southern Slimmy

& what exactly was it that Jack said "Trim that scraggly beard" something to that affect
The guy that tells Barbossa & Jack to "Stow it" Thats Pintel. He's a riot. I <3 him. Heck, I love the entire movie! I'm a potc FANATIC

I almost forgot to say how much I love that kiss on the knee scene. OMG That scene about KILLED ME! I almost melted right there in the theater! If Only I could trade places with Elizabeth for just a moment, that would be the moment!
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Guess I'm not quite through with favorite scenes quite yet. How about the parting scene between Calypso and Davy Jones in the jail cell, contrasted with the parting scene between Elizabeth and Will on the beach. The same in some ways, but so different in others.