Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > At World's End

Old June 26th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Malene

Well,Jack Sparrow is meant to be enjoyed.

I do enjoy him immensly.But not in the erotic department,I'm afraid.He does nothing for me there.
But that's the genius of the character,there is something for everyone.
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM
wallace

Pirates Four?

From Screenhead.com
Box Office Sets New Record
August 29th, 2007 by Richard in Sci-Fi, Books, Idle Speculation, Movie News, Box Office, Comedy, Animation, Movies

Despite the rise of movie piracy with the changes in technology, the summer box office has risen above $4 billion dollars domestically for the first time in history. The closest time had been 2004 $3.95 billion.

While this might give a proper ho-ha for Hollywood, there is a gray color to this typically silver cloud - with much of the record-breaker being attributed to ”three-quels”, the new lingo for third sequels, possibly not in a trilogy.

“Hollywood will likely put out more sequels given the success this summer,” Media by Numbers President Paul Dergarabedian said. “There’s a comfort factor with sequels for audiences. They know what they’re getting.”

Ugh. And I thought these three-quels were the death knell of the franchises. Let’s paint by the numbers: Pirates of the Caribbean looks good for a fourth installment, though it will quite likely be one without Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, Sam Raimi’s capacity in a fourth Spider-Man is questioned, potentially jeopardizing Tobey Macguire and Kirsten Dunst’s, Shrek has a Christmas special, but the third flick underwhelmed critic, and while Bourne still retains its cast and crew, its run out of Ludlum novels (the author died in 2001).

Now, admittedly, there are exceptions. Everyone wants to see more Transformers, more Batman, more Harry Potter. But the notion that Hollywood must rely on steam-building three-quels in order to sustain this record is a troubling one. Especially in the face of Superbad’s monsterous success at theatres, it was thought that audiences tired of the franchises - and now movie execs are saying that’s not the case.

What will happen if Hollywood pulls in the opposite direction of what the movie-goers themselves want? Maybe another record-breaker - maybe in the opposite direction.
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Legolas, meleth uired-nin

Location: In a secure, undisclosed location with a certain Mirkwood Prince
I can see a Pirates 4! It could follow Jack looking for the Fountain of Youth. I'd be very sad to see Orlando not be in it though . I can see Keira being in it, maybe getting involved with Jack's search. Though maybe not for very long since she's pregnant. Might be interesting to see what happens between the end of AWE and when Will returns though. Maybe Elizabeth feels some temptation to not remain true .
Old August 30th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush would be enough to bring me to a Pirates4 movie. Especially if Rossio and Elliott would write it!
Old September 16th, 2007, 12:16 AM
at world´s end and beyond

from Comingsoon.net:

Quote:
Exclusive: Geoffrey Rush on Possible Pirates 4
Source: Edward Douglas
September 15, 2007

Next month, Geoffrey Rush will be reprising the role of Sir Francis Walsingham in Shekhar Kapur's Elizabeth: The Golden Age, the director's follow-up to the 1997 period drama which introduced much of the world to one Cate Blanchett. ComingSoon.net was given a rare opportunity to talk to the celebrated Oscar-winning actor who's no stranger to sequels and franchises, which spurred us to ask Rush for his thoughts on the possibilities of him and Johnny Depp returning for a fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie. Even though some were disappointed with Pirates of Caribbean: At World's End, it has grossed $650 million worldwide, more than any other movie this year, so making a fourth movie must be something on a lot of minds.

"I think people will let it sit for a while," he told us. "There's a strange attitude about franchise movies. People look at them as that rather than storytelling. Back in the old days, how many Thin Man movies did William Powell end up doing? Probably five or six. How many road movies did Bob and Bing end up doing over 25-year period? There could be a point… because Jack Sparrow is probably now to a certain generation more well known as a representative of the Disney imagination than Mickey Mouse himself and Johnny's performance in that role is such an extraordinary thing… that it may pop up."

Mr. Rush also talked to us about how he thinks his character should make a return for the third movie in Kapur's "Elizabeth" trilogy, but for that, you'll have to wait for our full interview with the actor, sometime between now and the release of Elizabeth: The Golden Age on October 12. Also look for an interview with Rush's lovely Aussie co-star, Abbie Cornish, very soon.
Old September 17th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Ocean Soul

Is it really gonna be another movie? i hated the way the third movie ended! they so need to do at least another movie!
The third movie also killed the muse to a lot of fanfic writers, including one writer that i really like a series that she started but stopped writing after AWE, which is too bad 'cause it was really a good fic.
So they have to make another movie!!! i'll choke them if they won't!

*end blabber*
Old January 10th, 2008, 04:40 PM
PinkyK27

Talking Pirates 4??

WELL... I didnt know where to put this so I thought I would start a new thread. This is just a rumor of course but I wanted to hear your opinions on it

My aunt has a friend who works for Disney. Though she is not directly in contact with any of the Pirate camp, she overheard a colleague talking about a 4th Pirates. Talking about places to film, storylines, etc.

The rumblings of course have been there but its further proof that theyre at least talking about it. I dont know more facts but I hope to get them soon as Im sure my aunt will make sure I know.

Has anyone else heard anything???

PS... you Orlando Lovers make my day so much better here at work! Thank You!!
Old January 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Merged your thread with the existing one, Pinky

Sound interesting *strokes beard*

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:02 PM
PinkyK27

Whew! I didnt even see that one! Thanks Naz!

Yes! It does sound very interesting
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Kate_Sienna_Inwë

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazgul88 View Post
Merged your thread with the existing one, Pinky

Sound interesting *strokes beard*

~ Naz ~
You have a beard Naz?
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Somewhere in dreamland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malene View Post
PoTC without Will? Not interested.
Actually, a POTC4 to explore more of Jack and Barbosa would be pretty good I think. Just my opinion. Would go see it just because I like the other movies. I do watch them for other reasons than 'Will' being in them. Sad, i know!

yeah, when did Naz get a beard?
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:47 PM
besotted with buttons

You won't get me complaining about more Jack, and afterall Barbossa did sail away on HIS ship.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Quote:
You have a beard Naz?
figuratively, not literally ...

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ

Last edited by nazgul88; January 10th, 2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old January 10th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Malene

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuit View Post
You won't get me complaining about more Jack, and afterall Barbossa did sail away on HIS ship.
You know what,sometimes I find myself rooting for Barbossa in the war over the Pearl.He's the piratiest pirate.

Old January 10th, 2008, 07:03 PM
besotted with buttons

yeah but Jack is the prettiest..thats what counts heheeh

Old January 10th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Malene

Old January 10th, 2008, 07:19 PM
besotted with buttons

I DO think Barbossa is brilliant though, and the most piratey in a conventional way (is that a contradiction in terms??), he really carried a lot of AWE. One of my favourite bits being the conversation between him and Jack over the death of the kracken.

Bring it on I say. Sod the esoteric argument (wonder if that will get through filter..) I could handle another gallon of popcorn and a pirate treat

Old January 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Jack and Barbosa again.....sounds good to me -- and maybe a certain crew of the Flying Dutchman will have to rescue Jack again !!! And certainly, if Jack finds the Fountain of Youth, Elizabeth will have to drink from it so she can stay young for Will !!!

A reunion !!!

Last edited by Leggybelle; January 10th, 2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old January 10th, 2008, 07:34 PM
besotted with buttons

A Plan! I like a plan!

Old January 10th, 2008, 07:55 PM
PinkyK27

Nice one LeggyBelle!! I like that idea!

Ill stroke my beard to that one too
Old January 10th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Somewhere in dreamland

Leggy may be on to something. Maybe since there is a strike we can come up with something of a POTC4 they can work on when it is over.
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Ocean Soul

Yes! A very good plan!

So...is it sure-sure or is it sure-maybe that there will be another movie?
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Somewhere in dreamland

I think right now it is a 'we hope' thing.
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Dreamer

Of course this may all be heresay but I heard from someone who knows someone in the movie business that it was a real possibility. That people have been spoken to. That they were looking at locations in Australia to film....

Meetup anyone??

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old January 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Inspired by him

OOOOOH, YES! And really, we can work on the script, can't we? Lots of brilliant minds here.