Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > At World's End

Old May 31st, 2007, 03:04 AM
Passionate about the Elf

Ooooh, Nza, I found that smilie on the German site the other day and saved it! I freakin' LOVE it!!!

*cough* ok, back on topic... I have had no time to go out and get this yet, but will try and get it tomorrow while I'm at Home Depot getting some electrical stuff... we're redoing a room in our house and I'm lucky I got time off for good behavior to go see the movie!

Mirk
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Etoiline

I've listened to this soundtrack every day since I got it...it hasn't gotten old, and each time I'm amazed at how the different themes of each of the three movies are interwoven. I love Drink Up Me Hearties, but it's I Don't Think Now Is the Best Time that gets me.

Spoiler

One more random bit: I watched DMC again last week, and recognized some familiar tunes...from AWE. I don't recall them being on the DMC soundtrack, so I can't check until I rewatch DMC, but did anyone else catch that? I believe it was during the Isla Cruces scenes, but I'm not sure.

I would really like the full score for all three movies, like the ones released for Lord of the Rings...

~Cal

Last edited by Llyneth; June 6th, 2007 at 04:01 AM.
Old June 5th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Nimue

I can't stop listening to the soundtrack either and I don't usually get so excited about soundtracks. I listen to it on the computer, in my car, when I go to bed and at work when I can manage it. I just can't get enough of this movie.

I might be dangerously close to being obsessed.
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Aviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etoiline View Post
Spoiler

One more random bit: I watched DMC again last week, and recognized some familiar tunes...from AWE. I don't recall them being on the DMC soundtrack, so I can't check until I rewatch DMC, but did anyone else catch that? I believe it was during the Isla Cruces scenes, but I'm not sure.

I would really like the full score for all three movies, like the ones released for Lord of the Rings...
the swell of music, as you described it,
Spoiler
is my favorite part of the whole soundtrack. it's so pretty, for lack of a better word.

i also noticed
Spoiler
but i thought i was just being unobservant and confused the music of that part with another. that makes me really sad...that was such a huge part in the movie, it should have it's place on the soundtrack.

hmm...i think i need to rewatch DMC.

ooooo, if the full length scores were released, i would be the first to buy it. i unfortunately can't find the LotR ones anywhere, or i would already have those ones and they would probably already be worn to bits. i already listen to the regular LotR and PotC soundtracks more than any other cds i own.

Last edited by Llyneth; June 6th, 2007 at 04:02 AM.
Old June 6th, 2007, 04:05 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Etoiline and Aviator, I've added some spoiler tags just for safety.

I'm not sure about
Spoiler

Or at least, I think so. I'll be going again Friday night to see it, so I'll pay special attention.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old June 6th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Etoiline

Hmm. I hope to see it again this weekend too...

Llyneth, that part in #11 might very well be the music for that particular scene, but it would be oddly out of place since it occurs after other cues in the track. Please let us know!

~Cal
Old June 11th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Etoiline

Alright, after seeing AWE for a fourth time, I can report:

There is music in DMC that is used on the website for AWE. Perhaps that's why I thought they were connected.

I didn't catch the music directly as
Spoiler
, but the music where
Spoiler
is definitely NOT on the soundtrack. It's pretty cool, too, with a haunting choral mix that I'd like to have someday...

Whatever is playing while Beckett walks down the stairs of the Endeavour at the end is definitely something I recognize from the soundtrack, but it might just be a reprise of something earlier in track #11.

Just fyi.

~Cal
Old June 11th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Kate_Sienna_Inwë

I love the new soundtrack, the old tunes are back and the new ones are just gorgeous!! Thumbs up!

I just found my way to combine two passions of mine: Pirates of the Caribbean and dressageriding

My freestyle (when you have to preform on music) is on the Music of Pirates of the Caribbean. Starting with miniliz singing "Yoho yoho a pirates life for me" and songs as The Medaillion Calls, Wheel Of Fortune, Jack Sparrow, Up is Down, One Day and What Shall We Die For are used in this freestyle. June 16th will be the first time I ride it in competition, I'm really looking forward to it!
Old June 12th, 2007, 04:03 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Well now I'm intrigued...what exactly is dressageriding? Does it have anything to do with horses? I've often thought the pirate music would be great for figure skating or gymnastics routines.

Old June 12th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Kate_Sienna_Inwë

Correct, it's a horseridingsport, I think you can compare that freestyle with figure skating I guess, it's the same idea. It's kind of a dance I guess, it's great to do, aspecially with music like this, I'm really gonna enjoy it!
Old June 17th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Kate_Sienna_Inwë

Ah! I've actually won the freestyle! I enjoyed it so much, I had a smile on my face the whole ride long! It was fantastic!
Old June 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Congrats, Kate!

Old June 19th, 2007, 12:24 AM
wallace

I always pay attention to the soundtrack of films. For the Pirates Films, I have all three CD’s but must say I find this one the most beautiful. I am a bit obsessed with it in that I have bought two copies, one for my stereo and one for when I drive, but have now made two other copies. One for my office and the other – well just to have another copy.

This morning as I worked out, I listened to it. I think the second track is beautiful, and when the voices come in, it reminds me a bit of Enya. The one with I See Dead People has brought me to tears, and the second to the last – I think that’s One Fine Day – there is the part of the music where they are on the beach, and he is leaving her. It is so sad, but beautiful.

This CD has just a different feel to it, but I think that there is so much more at stake. The first two CD’s have of course the theme of Captain Sparrow, but this has the theme of Hoist the Colors through out the score, and a bit of Davy Jones with the music box so all are entwined making it so lush, melodic and just beautiful.

It also dawned on me too that the real hero in the film (to me anyway) is Will. All had their agenda’s and Will did too, but if it weren’t for him, his father wouldn’t have been saved, he and Elizabeth wouldn’t have married, the men from the Flying Dutchmen would have never been free, neither would Calpyso. He is the one who kept to his goals and dreams, and grew up in so many different ways. He is the hero of the film, and while I admire their performances, he has changed so much. He appears to be dark but is no different than anyone else who had their own agenda, and his was the noblest.

As I watched it again yesterday, I realized what a great performance Geoffrey Rush gives, and while everyone moons over Depp (who is good as Sparrow), it is others who steel the show.
Old June 19th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Utterly Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate_Sienna_Inwë View Post
Ah! I've actually won the freestyle! I enjoyed it so much, I had a smile on my face the whole ride long! It was fantastic!
Congratulations Kate!! I'm so happy for you.
P.S. I PMed you about your new siggie. Me likes it.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!
Old June 19th, 2007, 03:18 AM
princessoftroy

Congratulations Kate!!
Old June 19th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Artanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessoftroy View Post
Congratulations Kate!!
Second that.

And I love your new sig/av set, Kate. Lovely job there.
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:16 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace View Post
As I watched it again yesterday, I realized what a great performance Geoffrey Rush gives
I would definitely have to agree there, I think he was fantastic as Barbossa in this film, and I was really happy they brought his character back in such a big way. The third soundtrack is my favorite as well.

Old June 19th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Kate_Sienna_Inwë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
Second that.

And I love your new sig/av set, Kate. Lovely job there.
Thank you thank you! I'm so happy! By the way, if you wanna watch my freestyle, there's a link to YT in my siggie! I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for the comments on my sig/av, it took me an awfull lot of time befor I figured the bl**dy software out, but in the end it worked out fine
Old June 29th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Mister Badger

Hum... I saw in credits that Keith Richard made a song, called : Only Found Out Yesterday...
Have you ever heard this song?!

I'm searching it, but I can't find this song...
Old June 30th, 2007, 11:52 PM
tinapomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Badger View Post
Hum... I saw in credits that Keith Richard made a song, called : Only Found Out Yesterday...
Have you ever heard this song?!

I'm searching it, but I can't find this song...
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it was the song that Captain Teague was playing on his guitar during the Bretheren Court scene. It is only a few bars, so it's not very long.
Old July 1st, 2007, 06:04 PM
Lilith

i can't stop listening to the soundtrack...is just wonderful and makes me think about Will all the time!!!!
i love particularly "At wit's end"
Old July 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Kate_Sienna_Inwë

This is getting insane, I won again! The juries really love the pirate music I guess!! Roco makes me really proud he dances the music like it's composed for him, he really seems to enjoy it!

I'm compeating again next saturday, so let's hope we do well again!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
Lilith

can anybody tell me if there is the song of thr teaser trailer in the soundtrack? i cant find it but obsessed with it
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:00 PM
In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate_Sienna_Inwë View Post
This is getting insane, I won again! The juries really love the pirate music I guess!! Roco makes me really proud he dances the music like it's composed for him, he really seems to enjoy it!

I'm compeating again next saturday, so let's hope we do well again!
Congratulations!!
I've seen the video and you two are AWEsome!!
Good luck next saturday!
Old December 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

I cannot believe that i haven't posted in this thread! POTC: AWE is one of my favourite soundtracks. I love all the songs! 'One Day' makes me cry almost every time! It's fantastic! And Kate Well Done! Very late i know but keep up the good work! Pirates music all the way!