Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > At World's End

Old May 1st, 2007, 12:26 AM
jennifer

MTV Movie Awards 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is up for three MTV Movie Awards! Here is the link to go vote! http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/...yId=best_movie

Best Movie
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
Blades of Glory
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Little Miss Sunshine

Best Performance
Johnny Depp
Will Smith
Gerard Butler
Keira Knightley
Jennifer Hudson

Best Villian
Bill Nighy
Jack Nicholson
Meryl Streep
Rodrigo Santoro
Tobin Bell

Let's get to voting ladies!
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:34 AM
mina09

Talking 300 and Pirates 2 dominate MTV Movie Awards

BY: Actress Archives | Monday, April 30, 2007

The MTV Movie Awards, which will be hosted by Sarah Silverman in June, announced their nominations this morning and fan favorites like Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and 300 dominated the list. The Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Keira Knightley smash might have won the box office race, but it's the Gerard Butler and Lena Headey surprise blockbuster that scored the most nominations from the music channel with five, including Best Movie and Best Performance for Gerard Butler.

The MTV Movie Awards have always been an interesting combination of critical hits and box office smashes, as the nominees usually try hard to appeal to everyone. This year's hits include Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, which scored four nominations, and The Devil Wears Prada, Blades of Glory, and Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhastan, all three of which landed a trio of nods. All five films are nominated for Best Movie, along with Little Miss Sunshine.

300 will vie for Best Movie, Best Performance, Breakthrough Performance for Lena Headey, Best Villain for Rodrigo Santoro, and Gerard Butler vs. "The Uber Immortal" for Best Fight. Fight has always been a fun category with Gerard Butler competing this year with Will Ferrell and Jon Heder for Blades of Glory and, the likely winner, the naked fight between Sacha Baron Cohen and Ken Davitian in Borat.

Once again, Johnny Depp was nominated for Best Performance for Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and the number one film from last year also landed a nod for Keira Knightley for Best Performance, a category that Orlando Bloom failed to make (men and women are nominated together by MTV instead of Best Actor and Actress). Borat scored its nods for Best Comedic Performance for Sacha Baron Cohen, who will compete against Will Ferrell and, believe it or not, Emily Blunt for The Devil Wears Prada. In perhaps the biggest surprise of the day, Blunt got a nod but "bigger" star Anne Hathaway didn't get nominated. In fact, Emily Blunt got TWO, scoring a Comedic Performance and a Breakthrough Performance nomination for Prada. Breakthrough Performance also includes, of course, Justin Timberlake for his work in Alpha Dog.

Best Kiss, one of the most popular categories at the MTV Movie Awards includes nominations for Will Ferrell and Sacha Baron Cohen in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Cameron Diaz and Jude Law in The Holiday, Columbus Short and Meagan Good in Stomp the Yard, Mark Wahlberg and Elizabeth Banks in Invincible, and Marlon Wayans and Brittany Daniel in Little Man. Only on MTV could Little Man possibly get nominated for anything positive.

There will be two new awards this year, including one for movies that haven't even come out yet. Fans will be able to vote on MTV.com for Best Summer Movie You Haven't Seen Yet and the nominees are Evan Almighty, Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer, Hairspray, Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix, Rush Hour 3, and The Transformers. The other new category this year is Best Movie Spoof, which will be made up entirely of user-generated parodies submitted through MTV.com.

Other nominees this year include Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce Knowles for Best Performance in Dreamgirls, Will Smith for Best Performance in The Pursuit of Happyness, Abigail Breslin for Breakthrough Performance in Little Miss Sunshine, Jaden Smith for Breakthrough Performance in Happyness, Ben Stiller for Comedic Performance in Night at the Museum, Tobin Bell for Best Villain in Saw III, Jack Nicholson for Best Villain in The Departed, and Bill Nighy for Best Villain in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

The winners in all categories will be decided by the viewers and the MTV Movie Awards will be hosted by Sarah Silverman on June 3rd in Los Angeles.
Old May 1st, 2007, 01:05 AM
On a Yellow Slide

mina09, I've moved your post to the POTC forum. Thank you and also jennifer for posting!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*

Last edited by Llyneth; May 1st, 2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Regarding the MTV noms, I haven't seen 300 yet -- and I may not see it (doesn't appeal to me), but I give the movie credit for daring to break new ground and Gerard Butler for his awesome biceps !!!
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:42 PM
alienmoon76

MTV Movie Awards

POTC 2 is nominated for Best movie, Best Villain and two Best Performances (Johnny and Keira).

Go vote:
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/ma07/vote.jhtml

EDIT:
Ooops! Hadn't noticed that this was already posted. But I looked! Ah, nevermind, it's just one of those days.

Last edited by alienmoon76; May 1st, 2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:22 PM
princessoftroy

I voted!! I am still waiting for Orli to be nominated for an award!! He has done an amazing job!
Old June 4th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Eowadia

Cross-posted in the Not all about Orlando News Thread as well:

Quote:
Best Movie
Winner Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Best Performance
Winner Johnny Depp- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Woot Woot!!!! It deserved more but hey let's cheer for the ones it did get!!!!

Other Winners http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/ma07/winners.jhtml
Old June 4th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Artanis

Yay for Pirates. I'm glad that they won some stuff.
Old June 4th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Searching for the Elf...

Voted.Hope that Orlando soon be in the list with nominations
Old June 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Skyler

Glad it picked up some awards, wonder why Orlando wasn't nominated?

Skyler x
Old June 4th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Eowadia

Found the clips on youtube and posted the links in the POTC 2 Clips section!! Enjoy!!
Johnny looks smashing and i love that after so many years in the public he still gets a little nervous!!!
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:51 PM
princessoftroy

That is great!! They deserve it!!
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:18 PM
____amanda

I wish one of those amateur directors had done a spoof of POTC, that would've been interesting to see
And well done to the movie for scoring the popcorn! (And for Johnny actually coming to an award show such as this )