Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > Dead Man's Chest

Old August 8th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Malene

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnariel
and payback with sea turtles story is hilarious too!

Did you notice that Will doesn't buy any of Jack's crap anymore?
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM
amnariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malene

Did you notice that Will doesn't buy any of Jack's crap anymore?

Almost none

"Tell Davy I sent you!"
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Malene

Quote:
Almost none

"Tell Davy I sent you!"
Yeah.
But after that ordeal Will doesn't trust Jack for a second.
No wonder.First Will saves Jack from the cannibals,then Jack sends him to Davy Jones all by his lonesome.Real gratitude going on there...
Old August 8th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Kaamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela
Well thanks for the "swinging balls" comment - I will never be able to look at that scene again without having a complete different image in my mind

I'm just lucky it was not my comment...it somehow reminds me of the "Easter Egg" of the RotK-DVD.
Old August 8th, 2006, 01:45 PM
amnariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malene
First Will saves Jack from the cannibals,then Jack sends him to Davy Jones all by his lonesome.
Jack is such a great friend
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

I love every single scene (four times so far), but gotta mention Jack offering the undead monkey to Tia Dalma, then shooting it to prove it is undead. That scene happens so fast, I almost missed it the first time around.
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakidd
I love every single scene (four times so far), but gotta mention Jack offering the undead monkey to Tia Dalma, then shooting it to prove it is undead. That scene happens so fast, I almost missed it the first time around.
That reminded me - one of my favorite lines in the movie is Jack saying "Where's that monkey - I need to shoot something" LOL!
Old August 8th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Oh I loved the whole movie!! It was great!! but the swinging ballscene and the wheel of fortune was the best!!
Old August 8th, 2006, 11:46 PM
manwathiel

omg i love the whole movie its hard to pick scenes.um let me see.......

when jack gives tia the monkey.

when the cannibals bring in will on the stick and hes like hanging ther forever and jacks just making fun of him...kinda of. and just how wills face looks when he says " jack, jack sparrow? i can honistly say im glad to see you".

the whole wheel thing is cool.

i can't really think of many more scenes. i think what i love the most are the good quotes ("there will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing. i love those moments, i like to wave at them as they pass by") and jokes, espially the ones from the first movie that where brought into this one.
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:07 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela
Well thanks for the "swinging balls" comment - I will never be able to look at that scene again without having a complete different image in my mind
Mwahaha, I see my work here is done then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakidd
gotta mention Jack offering the undead monkey to Tia Dalma, then shooting it to prove it is undead.
I love that part too... "Look, an undead monkey!"

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old August 9th, 2006, 07:36 AM
amnariel

How about "same thing - different version" thing?

In PotC 1 Will rips candle holder from the wall I think most of us remember that

In PotC 2 Governor rips the candle holder down

Nice touch
Wonder who's gonna do that in part 3
Old August 9th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Quote:
Jack is such a great friend
Haha yes, a really great friend, he is very grateful!
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Soulsista

Quote:
and payback with sea turtles story is hilarious too!
Yes yes yes it's on of my favorites too.

and does anybody realize Wills great look on Ragetti and Pintel on the beach when those two try to steal the chest and have no sword? This little smile of him, I am surching for the right word...help me.... it was a smile like he is looking at two kids! So cuuute.

oh , and the scene when Tia touch his face.. and he feels like
Uuuuuuuh!

Of course the romantic cell scene - when he is sooooooo in love with Lizzi (she don't earn this man!).

what about the scene where Will is standing behind Norrington attacking Jack on the roof of the curch... his look is so heroic

Or when he try to get the key from Davy holding the tentakles up with a pen in his mouth.....god is that sweet

well, I think I have to go to the cinema once again to find out more....
Old August 10th, 2006, 12:59 PM
amnariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulsista
and does anybody realize Wills great look on Ragetti and Pintel on the beach when those two try to steal the chest and have no sword? This little smile of him, I am surching for the right word...help me.... it was a smile like he is looking at two kids! So cuuute.
priceless!!!
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:05 PM
kissing will turner !

Thumbs up favourites !

1 The Jack & élizabeth KISS !
2 The lashing scene !
3 TH Will & Elizabeth hug and kiss
(too bad they don't kiss more often !)

of course i love the entire movie !!!!!!

sig set by Nenya thanks darling
i love you William Turner!
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:37 PM
melanieswor

I think my favorite scene is the great fight between Will and Norrington. I like the part where the wheel finally lands in the water and they both get out a little drunk from the spin. I find myself really not liking Elizabeth once again. I just hate that she kisses Jack and the look on Will's face tells the whole story. He has risked his life twice for her and went through a sailor's hell with Davy Jones, and she kisses Jack and acts like she likes it. The writer's did a great job with that part of the story line. In an off note, is anyone else missing the wedding scene from their DVD? When I got my copy, I was missing the wedding getting ruined and the arrival of Beckett. It is either my DVD player or I have missed something major. After you get through giggling at my incompentence, please let me know.
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:41 PM
melanieswor

Oh I forgot. I love any scene with the undead monkey. I love the little guy. The undead monkey is one of the funniest things about the whole movie and series. I can't wait for the next one to see where the jokes with the monkey go.
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:00 PM
princessoftroy

I loved the whole movie but I really liked a few scenes: Captain jack with that pole tied to his back with the fruit on it, His scream as he is pole vaulting across the ravine, the ball scene where they are flying through the air and there is a closeup of Will, Gibbs, and Marty screaming, Tia dalma rubbing under Will's chin, Captain Jack saying those weird words to the cannibals, when he makes to the ship and he doesn't get tofinish that famous speech where he was almost caught. He gets hit with a big wave. The lashing scene was real sad but it definitely had its moments. The Will and Elizabeth kiss, When Jack falls into the hole at the church, he gets picked up by the big wheel. I basically love this movie. I am going to watch more extras tonight!!!
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Malene

I find the whole sequence when Will is aboard The Flying Dutchman more and more captivating.The lashing scene is fantastic also aside from the obvious. It's so emotional.Stellan Skarsgård is amazing.They have put all kinds of crap on his face,but he still manages to portray a man in incredible emotional turmoil. Orlando does a wonderful job too.There is a real connection there.These guys can really speak with their eyes. When Will before he leaves the ship with the key,tells Bootstrap that he won't abandon him,it just kills me.
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

About Jack sending Will to the Flying Dutchman: I was quick to get mad at Captain Jack for that, but when you think about it, Jack knew Bootstrap Bill was captive to Davy Jones and Will would almost certainly be reunited with his father. Jack seems to have at least two reasons for everything he does!
Old December 8th, 2006, 06:47 PM
princessoftroy

I think Captain Jack can be deceiving at times but he is so funny. I noticed after Norrington told Elizabeth about wondering how will got on the ship that after that liz gives a pout and looks at the compass. It points to the left and the camera goes on jack. I wonder if liz has any feelings for him because the compass leads you to what you want most? That would be really sad because will loves her.
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:02 PM
melanieswor

I love the scene where Jack is running going "I got a jar of dirt". I like that Johnny is willing to look stupid for this movie. On a different note, I found my missing opening of the movie. The DVD player was messed up. Last time the child gets to borrow it.
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:31 AM
liuliji

lashing scense,a man's beautiful and sexy are proved by his sore ...
but surprisely,i haven't saw the scar,did i miss it?
Old February 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM
princessoftroy

I believe it might be in the middle or lower part of his back and a little to the right of the spinal cord. Does anyone know if that is right?
Old February 26th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuliji View Post
lashing scense,a man's beautiful and sexy are proved by his sore ...
but surprisely,i haven't saw the scar,did i miss it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessoftroy View Post
I believe it might be in the middle or lower part of his back and a little to the right of the spinal cord. Does anyone know if that is right?

You can't see it in DMC (unless my eyes are just totally bad LOL) - I guess they had make up on it or touched it up some way. You can see it in this post here on the right side:
http://www.elflady.com/orlandolove/s...44&postcount=1

Last edited by CandissD; February 26th, 2007 at 06:28 PM.