Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > Dead Man's Chest

Old November 16th, 2006, 10:47 PM
at world´s end and beyond

I found this today, and is related to the POTC DMC DVD. Quite funny uh?

Source: GettyImages

Quote:
LONDON - NOVEMBER 16: A parrot is interviewed during screen tests held to find the official spokesparrot for the launch of 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' DVD on November 16, 2006 in London, England. Disney are searching for outgoing and talkative parrots to support their promotional activity for the DVD release. The successful parrots duties will involve meeting fans and guest appearances at DVD retail outlets.

Old November 17th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Moosemom

What is an Easter Egg on a dVD?

mm
Old November 17th, 2006, 10:01 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

That's funny, thanks for posting Nel

Moosemom, Easter Eggs on DVDs are little clips hidden somewhere on the DVD. they're not listed on the menus, so you have to hunt to find them.

I started watching the second disc Thursday night but haven't found the Easter Egg yet. Thought I had at one point though.
Old November 17th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Human News Ticker

I've found four easter eggs on the second disc but none on the first disc. There are two on the first page of the main menu and two on the second page.
Old November 17th, 2006, 10:38 PM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

Thanks for that Interconnector. What are they of?

EDIT- Found them, in fact also found another on the Mastering the Blade menu.
For others wondering what they are there's clips about catering, twin pirates (which I hadn't actually noticed before in the movie), Chopper the dog, the coconut man (Orlando makes an appearance in this one), and the stand-by painter.
As to how to get them, if I told you that might spoil the fun! Try combinations of using the arrow controls, beginning with the left.

I've also thought how the Easter Eggs on DVDs are a bit like subliminal messages...

Last edited by Avalon Mists; November 18th, 2006 at 03:20 AM.
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/27112006/34...vd-record.html

Quote:
Pirates Of The Caribbean is Disney's fastest selling DVD ever in the UK

Nearly 1.5 million copies of Dead Man's Chest sold in a single week, figures from the British Video Association show. The Johnny Depp film became the fastest selling DVD ever at Sainsbury's within 48 hours of going on sale on November 20.

Disney said high demand meant it had been forced to order in a million extra copies for the UK. The company's marketing director Brian Winsor said: "With the film doing so well at the box office we always hoped the DVD would prove popular. It seems as though the appeal of Jack Sparrow and his shipmates goes on."

Disney expects the DVD to sell up to three million copies by the end of the year if demand continues at the current level.

The British Video Association is an industry body which tracks the sales of film releases across all major retailers.

Disney did not release the latest Pirates of the Caribbean film on video. Its sales figures are its highest for DVD but do not eclipse the combined video and DVD sales of some previous blockbuster movies, a spokesman said.
Similar info at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6189150.htm
http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=17700
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1773&ito=1490
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/showbiz...name_page.html

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old November 29th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Elven Queen in Training

I can't wait for Christmas.
Old November 29th, 2006, 02:36 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Thanks Naz!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old November 29th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Malene

Pirates Rule!!
Old November 29th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Passionately Enthralled

yipee! I could not be other way!
Old November 29th, 2006, 07:07 PM
music_note23

I'm so glad the DVD is selling well in the UK. I have a friend in New Zealand who bought her copy (and 2 others to give as Christmas gifts) the day it was released. I can't wait for December 5th!
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:40 PM
princessoftroy

I am counting down the days until Dec 5th!! I so cannot wait. My mom and I are going to watch both discs. It is going to be Christmas early for me!!
Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:07 PM
AryanaOrion

Isn't it out yet everywhere? I thought we, here in Belgium, were pretty much always last in line And I got mine last Monday, as an early christmas present
Old December 3rd, 2006, 02:56 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Doesn't come out here in the States till Dec. 5th, go figure huh? Still waiting patiently.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old December 5th, 2006, 09:45 PM
princessoftroy

I finally got the DVD!! I have been waiting so long . I got the 2 disc version. There is over 5 hours of bonus features. I am goingto have a great time tonight and the next few days. I am going to play the heck out of that thing!!
Old December 6th, 2006, 02:23 AM
melanieswor

Is anyone else missing the wedding scene getting ruined on their disc? I just got mine an hour ago and it isn't on it anywhere. Please let me know. You can respond to this or email me at obselfgirl@sbcglobal.net. I may have just missed it or who knows.
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Babyjane

Pirates Sells Nearly 5M Units Day One so says the THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

Quote:
The DVD industry received a healthy shot in the arm this week with reports that "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" sold nearly 5 million DVDs its first day in stores.

That puts the film, released Tuesday, on track to be the No. 1 live-action DVD release ever, topping the original "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," which was released in December 2003 and sold 11 million videos its first week in stores, 90% of them DVD.

The first "Pirates" ultimately sold 18 million units; industry sources say Disney shipped 20 million DVDs of the sequel.

With domestic box office earnings of $422 million, the "Pirates" sequel is the biggest movie of the year and the sixth-biggest in history. Its late-in-the-season release -- "event" DVD releases typically hit stores before Thanksgiving -- prompted retailers to aggressively court impulse buyers with midnight sales, free gifts with purchase and, in the case of Best Buy, exclusive content.

The "Pirates" DVD at Best Buy comes with a bonus DVD that includes a photo gallery of scenes from the film, a documentary on the franchise's international success and additional behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the movie, none of which is available anywhere else.

Consumers who bought the DVD also got the chance to pick up a Captain Jack bobble-head for $9.99. It "must be purchased on same receipt," according to the chain's Sunday circular.

Wal-Mart's Sunday circular features key art from "Pirates" on five advertised TVs and laptops. Customers who bought the DVD were promised a free T-shirt, as well as the chance to buy an exclusive DVD-CD two-pack with 10 songs. The flier also touted the fact that Pirates went on sale promptly at midnight at all 24-hour Wal-Marts, noting, "They're closed. We're open. Be the first on your block to own Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

Target's circular announced the give-away of an "exclusive, collectible light-up pin." Circuit City didn't offer anything extra, but its advertised price of $13.99 was the lowest around, with a limit of three per customer.
That's incredible!
Old December 6th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Also an article about that on comingsoon.net

Quote:
Pirates Sells Nearly 5M Units Day One
Source: Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment December 6, 2006

Walt Disney Pictures' Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest became the #1 DVD of the holiday season, selling nearly 5 million units on DVD in North America in its first day of release it was announced today by Bob Chapek, president of Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment.

This fete now poises Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment to finish the 2006 year owning three of the top three DVD releases of the year with "Dead Man's Chest," Cars and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Adding to these phenomenal accomplishments, the nearly 5 million DVD units sold of "Dead Man's Chest" in its first day of sales puts it on track to become the #1 selling "live-action" DVD title of all time.

"We could not be more thrilled with the incredible success of 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest,'" commented Chapek. "This franchise is a genuine treasure for us and we are ecstatic that the momentum generated at theatrical has continued with the DVD release. Consumers have an insatiable appetite for all things Pirates of the Caribbean."

"'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' is officially on track to become the #1 selling DVD of the year. This, coupled with the recent successes of 'Cars' and the Platinum release of 'The Little Mermaid,' continues to illustrate the enduring appeal of Disney branded movies in the DVD industry. It is our commitment to fans of Disney movies to do everything possible to keep their favorite DVDs in stock throughout the holiday season," he continued.

Starring Johnny Depp as that mischievous, heroic rogue Captain Jack Sparrow, this epic adventure has taken audiences by storm. The film's theatrical opening weekend was the biggest in U.S. box-office history, and the high-seas Hollywood tidal wave continues with a worldwide box-office gross of over a billion dollars to date, making it Disney's most successful movie of all time.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest was released as both a deluxe 2-disc Special Edition DVD set and as a single-disc DVD. The single-disc DVD features screenwriter audio commentary and the hilarious, never-before-seen "Bloopers of the Caribbean." The Special Edition features limited availability holographic packaging and includes all single disc features, plus a treasure-chest of bonus booty: a behind-the-scenes documentary; a Captain Jack featurette; a sword-fighting featurette; "Creating the Kraken" on the film's stunning sea beast; "Fly on the Set" - an on location view of filming; a featurette on the legend of Davy Jones; bonus program on the newly "re-Imagineered" Pirates of the Caribbean resort attraction; star-studded, red-carpet Hollywood premiere footage; producer Jerry Bruckheimer's personal on-set photo diary, and more. Much of the bonus material is exclusive to this DVD release.
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:23 PM
princessoftroy

Yay!! That is great news!
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Passionately Enthralled

AWESOME !!! Thanks for the info Babyjane and Aquilah.

We got ours at Best Buy and are now happily basking in all the Will Turner goodness -- enough for several nights of enjoyment !!!
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Malene

Pirates Rule!!
Old December 8th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Passionately Enthralled

I got my DVD Special Edition today!!!! I watched half already!!!! Taking a little break here. I so wish I had gone on Tuesday and got it, because at our local Walmart they dressed up like pirates and had the Pirate Cd music going. I would have loved to seen that. I am so looking forward to May!!!