Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > Dead Man's Chest

Old June 28th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Reading all these great reviews is doing wonders for my anticipation and eagerness to see this movie !!!

Of course, Johnny is brilliant as Capt. Jack.....but I especially love what they have to say about Orlando's role of Will, growing into more of a pirate, and with a slightly darker side !!!

The excitement and adventure, fun and fantasy of this movie sounds breathtaking.....I can't wait to see it !!!
Old June 28th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Pumpkin Spice

These great reviews have got me so excited! I was prepared to love the movie anyway just because our beloved Will (and Jack) are in it. But, if it happens to actually be a good movie on top of it? Yayness!
Old June 28th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Josie

Thanks for the all the great reviews, Interconnector! Here's another one from Rolling Stones and he gives it a 3 out of 4.

Quote:
In his Oscar nominated performance as Captain Jack Sparrow, Johnny Depp swanned through the first Pirates of the Caribbean (2003) with enough wicked zest to make you forget the film was a bloated crock. The flab extends to the overlong (two hours and thirty minutes) sequel, but mostly in the dawdling setup. A pirate could braid his beard in the time it takes for producer Jerry Bruckheimer's floating franchise to cut loose from the shoals of plot incoherence and put a wind in its sails. But once it does, nothing can stop it. The second Pirates does more than improve on the original, it pumps out the bilge and offers a fresh start. Returning director Gore Verinski and screenwriters Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott have wisely taken a cue from Depp and learned how to play fast and loose with the material. Lively is an odd word for something called Dead Man's Chest, but lively it is. You won't find hotter action, wilder thrills or loopier laughs this summer.
Where did they go right? Start with Depp who could have hit paydirt just by repeating himself as Capt. Jack, the skeeviest pirate on the high seas. How easy it would be to let the dreads, the mascara and the gold teeth do the acting for him. Instead, Depp builds on the role, investing his pirate prince with quick wit, erotic mischief and a sneaky sense of decency. Keith Richards, who will play Jack's father in the third chapter of the series, is only one of Depp's inspirations for a character that keeps springing surprises. Depp's Capt. Jack is a classic comic creation and also the most subversive hero ever in a Disney movie -- a debauched, bi-sexual narcissist with a devilish glint that suggests he'll never tell where he's stashed his drug kit. You can't take your eyes off him.

Issue a ration of rum to the other actors who have managed to scrape the barnacles off their performances. Keira Knightley as Elizabeth and Orlando Bloom as Will, her intended, are finally asked to do more than stand around and look pretty and oh so pleased with themselves. Will meets up with his father Bootstrap Bill (the excellent Stellan Skarsgard) and Elizabeth finds her own inner pirate when she dresses up as a lad to stow away on ship. "I'm looking for the man I love," she tells Jack, whose retort --"I'm flattered, sir" -- has a teasing kinkiness. When hottie fortune teller Tia Dalma (Naomie Harris) comes on to Jack and Will with a question -- "Do you want to know me?" -- Jack shuts down her lascivious smirk with a quick, "They'll be no knowing here."

And there isn't. Dead Man's Chest has blockbuster fish to fry, which means nonstop action, including a cannibal cookout (Jack is garlanded with a necklace of severed toes), narrow escapes, cliff dangling, duels on a giant wheel, a fight for a harvested human heart and every trick the filmmakers could raid from Spielberg's Indiana Jones trilogy. Homage or ripoff? You be the judge. The important thing is that it works. And what works most devilishly is Davy Jones (Bill Nighy), the squid-faced captain of the Flying Dutchman who bargains for the souls of those he captures. Davy and his crew of the undead have lived underwater so long they look like something out of an aquarium. I don't have a clue how the computer wizards accomplished the visual miracles -- just wait till you see the Kraken, a giant sea monster who sucks entire ships down into Davy's locker -- but Nighy's performance as the buccaneer Jack calls "fish face" brims over with mirth and menace. With slimy tentacles wiggling around his head, Nighy blows away every other villain this summer. Not since Disney killed Bambi's mother (Nemo's too) has the studio Walt built upped the jolt ante so high on PG-13 entertainment. Kids may wet their pants, but so what? It's the triumphant rogue in Depp that keeps this pirate ship afloat and actually makes the third voyage (coming next summer) a trip worth booking.
Old June 29th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Human News Ticker

Another two reviews that aren't quite as positive as the others but they both still gave the movie 3/5 stars.

Killer Movie Reviews

Quote:
The original PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL offered up the unexpected delight of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, a joyfully addled pirate redux. He shared top billing with his co-stars, Orlando Bloom as the stalwart Will Turner and Keira Knightly as the plucky Elizabeth Swann, but it was Depp who swept the film into the first ranks of adventure comedies, and in the process swept himself to an Oscar™ nomination. As a result, the sequel, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN’S CHEST, has a great deal to live up to, and it does. But it also doesn’t.

Depp himself is in fine form, this time on the run from Davy Jones (as in the undersea locker) and a pesky promise that he made thirteen years before that has come due. That’s too bad for Will and Elizabeth, who have been plucked from their wedding by their old nemesis Cutler Beckett (Tom Hollander), and promised the gallows for their part in helping Jack escape if Will doesn’t retrieve a very special compass from the pirate on the lam. Naturally Will does track him down. As does Elizabeth, despite the distances that were so much vaster when using the available 18th century technology to traverse them. And just as naturally, things go badly for everyone. Or rather, things get worse and then some.

There is a surfeit of big, billowing special effects as the trio criss-cross the Caribbean in a variety of craft while making trouble for themselves at every port of call. There are so many of them, in fact, that it becomes the cinematic equivalent of buttercream frosting. Very good, buttercream frosting, but after a while, and during yet another eye-popping visual, one longs for less bombast on screen. The first kraken attack is cool, for example, evoking as it does Disney’s previous foray into giant tentacles beasts with the squid in 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA. The second one, for all the state-of-the-art effects just isn’t quite as special, and not just because the closer look at the puckering suckers is somehow unwholesome.

And for more Johnny Depp, the best special effect that any film or audience could ever desire. He follows his own muse, with deadpan timing and a grasp of physical comedy, large and small, that is a wonder to behold. A quick look of bemusement in his black-rimmed eyes, the flashing smile of a brainstorm erupting behind them tells the story of a man who doesn’t let reality get in the way of what he wants, even though his grasp of that reality is tentative at best. In fact, it is not overstating things to say that pretty much anytime the camera is not on Depp, it’s just killing time. This is not the fault of the other actors. Their characters are in as completely different a film as Depp’s Jack Sparrow is in another universe. Bloom is fine as the romantic lead, looking storybook pretty and longing appropriately for his lady love. Knightly is spunky, which is about all that is required of her character. As an action hero, he’s also got the chops, whether swashbuckling with humans or things from Davy Jones’ crew that used to be human, or escaping hungry cannibals while trapped in something resembling a large whiffle ball. It’s just that the script, when Depp is not riffing, is a standard issue seafaring adventure from the 1940s. It’s attempts to get mushy, that would, oddly enough, not be in scenes between Will and Elizabeth, but rather in those Will and his twice-cursed pirate father (Stellan Skarsgard), one of the formerly human members of Davy Jones’ crew on his ship, The Flying Dutchman, are all but unwatchable for all the treacle.

The exception to all this is Bill Nighy, swathed in special effects that have transformed him in to a smorgasbord of marine invertebrates with, most notably, an octopus for a face. Somehow he is still recognizably Nighy, and he’s darned funny in the way he brings such commitment, not to mention panache, to the role of someone whose face is mostly prehensile tentacles and a pulsating blow-hole.

One could kvetch about the need for a tighter script, a smaller concept, and a voodoo priestess who spoke unintelligibly, but why bother? Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest is like a slow boat to China. It takes a very long time to get where it is going (2 ½ hours) and not every moment is thrill-packed, but it’s not without some very nice points of interest that make the effort worthwhile.
Film Focus

Quote:
The runaway success of Gore Verbinski's massive theme park ride adaptation, The Curse of the Black Pearl, was always going to warrant a sequel. But with the release of Dead Man's Chest we're actually given the first of two; a single story strung out over what looks like five hours of film. So it might be worth worrying that the first half feels awfully too long.

Alas, the law of diminishing returns serves up a Pirates sequel that does its best to amp up the storyline, budget and effects but fails entirely to impress on the same levels as the first. Its awesome production value ensures a treat for the senses and its engaging story draws on classic legends and a pinch of that Pirates charm to keep us entertained, but simply no care is taken to ensure both sides balance.

Indeed, the first film's charm was in its human subtlety which worked with an effects-heavy A-story to weave a devilishly attractive tale of piracy. It was never really about Captain Barbossa and the curse of the Aztec gold; it was about adventure itself and, of course, that most intriguing of adventurers, Captain Jack Sparrow.

Dead Man's Chest simply gets its priorities wrong. We're given a fine slice of Captain Jack, but the real effort is spent on ramping up the fantasy until, by the film's end, we're simply watching a videogame on the big screen. We're less in awe of Davy Jones' powers of evil and more in awe of the light refraction technology that brings his tentacle-beard to life.

Depp succeeds, at least, to keep one of his most attractive creations appealing and the legendary Bill Nighy acts his way past the effects to simple brilliance, but there's no excusing Bloom and Knightley whose characters are as lifeless as they were the first time around. Bloom, at least, shows some hope as he finally meets up with his father, Bootstrap Bill, played brilliantly by Stellan Skarsgård, but the story never allows their sub-plot the breathing room it needs and Skarsgård's talent is criminally underused.

There's also no escaping the feeling that we're getting half a story here; kept waiting a difficult two and a half hours only to be asked to wait another twelve months for a conclusion. Ultimately, there's just not enough story here to justify such an enterprise; as compelling as it unquestionably is it's been split so roughly that the film must rely on manipulative plot twists in the last fifteen minutes to ensure we're there, a year from now, booking our tickets.

Pirates 2 is entertaining enough, but its overflowing budget serves up a film that's not nearly as impressive as its opening act. As much as we might want to fall madly in love with this adventure, the disappointment is that it makes its pirates' lives seem just that little less attractive.

The main complaints in all the reviews so far seem to be the length/pace of the movie which is what the biggest complaint the first movie got too. I had no problem with the length of the first one so i'm sure i won't with this one either.
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thanks for posting those reviews!!!
I`m sure that more reviews not completely positive will came, just as the first movie had, the most important thing is that it is an adventure movie with lots of fun, I don’t think as fans we are going to complain about the length of the movie, on the contrary, but those that are no fans may feel it too long which is understandable.
Old June 29th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Pumpkin Spice

Harry at AICN also loved it, although he didn't have a lot to say about Orlando. He's loving him some Jack.

Quote:
Harry loves PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST.
Mateys and scalawags – drink up, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN’S CHEST is 20,000 leagues more badbum than the original. This film is just frecking swaggeringly cool from beginning to end.

Seriously. Johnny Depp was recently quoted as saying he’d love to do as many PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN flicks as Disney can produce great scripts for. For me… I couldn’t be happier.

The first film was wonderful for Depp’s Captain Jack Sparrow, the Black Pearl’s Cursed Captain and Crew and Monkey… but honestly – I wasn’t solidly behind Orlando Bloom’s character – and Keira… while lovely – just never was as feisty or fun as say Maureen O’Hara in BLACK SWAN or Olivia DeHavilland in CAPTAIN BLOOD. The gals in these films are awesome when they’re “good girls” that just want to drop the petticoat and be ravished by that dirty, evil, undeniably charismatic pirate. Instead – they paired her up with “the Ronald Reagan” character. Now sure, Reagan was never in any of Flynn’s Pirate flicks – but he was in SANTE FE TRAIL – and he’s just so (Uma draw the outline) SQUARE. Orlando was SQUARE. I mean… his dad was a pirate? That makes him wrong? Hardly. And meanwhile – you have Johnny Depp creating the best bloody “where the Hades did that character come from” character in forever.

Seriously – Johnny just magically pulled Jack Sparrow out of some bizarre corner of quirk in his soul. Genius.

This time. This time, this is OFFICIALLY – a Jack Sparrow film. Sure the other characters are there. Orlando has his “motivation” and “arc.” As does Keira’s Elizabeth… but both are truly supporting characters to the star of this show, which is clearly Jack Sparrow… excuse me, CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow.

Everything in the film. Every character is a satellite of Jack Sparrow. The world revolves around him. Why are Will and Elizabeth jockeying around the Caribbean? Captain Jack Sparrow. Why is the “Man” buggering with Will, Elizabeth and anyone standing around? Captain Jack Sparrow. Why is Davy Jones so swab the decks pissed? Captain Jack Sparrow. Guano man, even when he beaches his beloved Pearl aboard a Cannibal Island… Jack is declared their God. Everyone, everywhere has a story about Jack. A reaction to his name. A tale that was passed with a bottle of rum. Drink up of both, I say!

In this film – we begin to find out more about Sparrow’s “utility belt.” Seriously – Like Batman – this bloke has wonderful toys on his person that just doesn’t make a bit of sense… until it’s shown to be... BLIMEY MAGIC! And I’m not just talking about the mystical sense of the word. I’m talking about magic in the sense of… WOW – That’s Magic! How it’s just motorscooter perfect.

Like that dagburn compass of his. First film, I looked at it… and through the whole bleeding film I had utterly no concept of what it was doing. Why was it so precious? I knew it pointed the way to the Aztec Gold – but really… what’s the big whup? Actually… what that compass can do – is flat out MAGIC. It’s possibly the most useful device for adventure and happiness that you could ever wish for. I won’t spoil it, but it is magic. And every time something magic is revealed about a piece of Jack’s character – I couldn’t help, but be delighted beyond words.

I know he’s like some crazed Dean Martin character that never swaggered upon screen before – there’s some Chaplin in there, some Errol Flynn – and a lot of pure Johnny Depp. There’s a part of me that thinks the direction of this film by Gore Verbinski is all at once the easiest and hardest job ever. Johnny has his lines – and I know he’s delivering what’s on the page, but you get the idea – that Johnny is so alive in the character and the scene, that there’s a plethora of distractions he explores. As if he’s aware the camera is on him. And he doesn’t want whoever is watching him to know what he’s doing. And frankly – we really don’t know what he’s up to half the time, but due to focusing on his character this time out – we do know, basically, what he’s aiming for, but not necessarily to what ends. Sure – there’s the initial “get out of hock with Davy Jones,” but I suspect Capt Jack is far more mischievous than that.

Now – I mentioned briefly Davy Jones. For at least 3 centuries now, folk have been referring to Davy Jones. In 1751, Tobias Smollett in his book, THE ADVENTURES OF PEREGRINE PICKLE stated the following about Davy Jones:

“This same Davy Jones, according to the mythology of sailors, is the fiend that presides over all the evil spirits of the deep, and is often seen in various shapes, perching among the rigging on the eve of hurricanes, ship-wrecks, and other disasters to which sea-faring life is exposed, warning the devoted wretch of death and woe.”

Well, after this film… You’ll never forget Davy Jones. Like Andy Serkis’ GOLLUM, Bill Nighy puts soul into Davy Jones. I love how Kevin McNally’s Gibbs is a chronicler and tale-teller of the legends of the sea, including those of his own captain. As Davy is described, his tale – we’re set up for the character’s pathos. But when you know that you’re gonna be looking at a squid head creature from the dark unwritten corner of H.P. Lovecraft… are you really thinking of associating with him, feeling sorry for him… fearing him? Yes, but how is he going to emote?

Well – ILM has finally answered the call that came from New Zealand 5 years ago. This is, without a moment’s hesitation – the best CG character work I’ve seen.

GOLLUM!

Gollum is the better character, in that we saw such an enormous amount of character work – but Davy Jones is less humanoid… he’s even further removed from humanity – and yet it comes through. People may go gaga over the Kraken or the enormity of the work being done on the crew… but when John Knoll takes the microphone at next year’s Academy Awards for his first Oscar for Best Special Fx… it is this character that is being honored. It’s the nuance of the performance, the way he absolutely is alive in these scenes without being overtly showy. Like… Watch how he grabs the dice cup, when he plays Will Turner in their betting game. It’s a tiny flourish that just took my breath away. A John Han-wee-wee, so to speak. It’s so cool. Now as awesome as he is playing his pipe organ all James Mason, 20,000 LEAGUES BENEATH THE SEA fashion… I prefer the simple look on his tired face as he looks at that locket, which we can only assume is the ache that cut his heart from within.

That said – this is finally a film that Crash designed, where the actual screen images look far better than his already stunning work. This stuff is inventive in a way that you just don’t see in films often.

I love the casting of this series. And specifically – I love how every character that they give time to in this film… they’re just much better than they were in the first film… and yet there’s room for so many extra characters, without ever selling the “stars” short. It’s just a complete actualized universe.

Oh – did I mention… as a fan of the original ride, how ****ing happy I was at the lightning bugs inclusion, when they go up river to seek out Tia Dalma? Cuz, I am. The mist, the lightning bugs… I almost felt the water rocking my seat on the ride. Just fantastic.

Now – how are the Problem Children from the first film?

Well, Keira finally has a couple of scenes where you just want the film to suddenly turn into PIRATES OF THE REAR-END: NO MAN’S CHEST. Absolutely smoldering and sexy. While still retaining her hesitance to go further than “she should.” I love how at one point she’s so frustrated, because she really wants to get “married” – which in the way she and everyone else refers to it – it seems to denote, getting laid. And there is definitely that, “I need to copulate” thing going on with her. Any viewer will pick up on it, and it’s very tastefully handled. It’s there for the adults to see, and for the kids to blissfully look past.

Ok – I’m gonna wrap this up, as I don’t want to be a spoiler-bum with the review. The less you know – the more breathtaking this film will be. I do want to address the “cliff-hanger” ending that allegedly has audiences in a tizzy somewhere in this idiotic world.

This isn’t a cliffhanger like… Thelma And Louise drive off a cliff and suddenly letters come up blazing across the screen, “THELMA AND LOUISE 2: THE DEVIL’S RIDE!”

Rather – this is a fantastic and natural ending for the second chapter of what will soon be an on-going cinematic tale What it does, is leave you wanting to see the next one. And if they bollocks up WORLD’S END – I’m gonna be perturbed in a really unrelenting way. Cuz I absolutely love love love this “chapter” in the Captain Jack Sparrow Chronicles.

This series is the single most inventive and vibrant franchise moving forward today. Let us hope they continue to be as inspired from this film forward.
Old June 29th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Crazy in Love

WOW. That is a really positive one. Thanks PIMPIN' SPice!!!!!!!
Old June 29th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Malene

Have we seen many sequels get this kind of praise before?
(LoTR doesn't really count because those were meant to be a trilogy from the start.)
I think X-men have been treated quite well,but other than that critics like to rake sequels over the coals.Which means the movie is probably REALLY great to us "ordinary" people.
Thanks!!
Old June 29th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thanks, Pumpkin, for posting AICN's review -- it is a fantastic read -- the guy really loves Capt. Jack !!! True, he doesn't say much about Orlando -- but he does hint at some smouldering scenes for Kiera (and Orlando?) that really have my tongue hanging out !!!
Quote:
Well, Keira finally has a couple of scenes where you just want the film to suddenly turn into PIRATES OF THE REAR-END: NO MAN’S CHEST. Absolutely smoldering and sexy. While still retaining her hesitance to go further than “she should.”
And her partner in these sexy scenes? Has to be Will, right?

And he does praise Orlando in a round about way:
Quote:
I love the casting of this series. And specifically – I love how every character that they give time to in this film… they’re just much better than they were in the first film…
Altogether, a great review !!!
Old June 30th, 2006, 03:41 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambayuun
Thanks PIMPIN' SPice!!!!!!!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old June 30th, 2006, 03:48 AM
vmob84

nice to see it getting good reviews, not that i doubted it would!! omg a whole week to go!!! ahhh
Old June 30th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Pumpkin Spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambayuun
Thanks PIMPIN' SPice!!!!!!!
I can see I'm gonna have to spank you when I see you amby.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Lysistrata

Yeah I dont put too much stock into reviews unless they are fan reviews. To me fan reviews sometimes tell whether a movie is good or not. Critics are looking for specific angles and if they dont see them the movie is a problem.
But the general feeling is that they enjoyed it for what it was a great summer film.
After all didnt people scoff at the first one and look what that did.
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Lysistrata

There is a review of the movie in Variety.com. Sorry to see it's not too good.

Pirates 2 is entertaining enough, but its overflowing budget serves up a film that's not nearly as impressive as its opening act. As much as we might want to fall madly in love with this adventure, the disappointment is that it makes its pirates' lives seem just that little less attractive.

That is part of the review from FilmForce but isnt one point of the movie is that people see that the lfe of pirate is not that attractive as it first appears to be.

Last edited by Lysistrata; July 4th, 2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old July 5th, 2006, 03:38 AM
DMW3

OK No scorchingly bad reviews so far, good. Look, as the rather snobbish arts show on BBC Radio 4 pointed out, it is VERY HARD to pick fault in a film that doesn't have any hidden messages, subtexts or parables on modern life; just a film that sets out to entertain people of all ages and succeeds in doing that!

You see I really think that is the secret of the success of POTC, along with the OT Star Wars trilogy and the Raiders films. All of these films were released at a sombre time in the world, when the cinema had forgotten about entertainment of the good old fashioned family sort, and were interested in reflecting our times, and/or sending us a message. I don't include LOTR in this simply because those films, have something to say, thanks to Tolkien on the subject of good and evil, and the ideas of choice and destiny, and the films themselves coming so soon after 9/11 did have (by accident) something to say on the state of the world.

POTC Dead Man's Chest, is as the studios call it a juggernaut, short of a whole swathe of damming reviews its not gonna be stopped!

I also think, as we fans know, this isn't an acting talent show off sort of film, especially now we know what Depp is going to be doing! So as Orlando fans we aren't expecting Oscar nominations to float Will turner's way..so enjoy the film, 'cos that whats we are supposed to do, even the critics get it on this one.

Diane
Old July 5th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Malene

Yeah,what will be hard to swallow for some of the snobbish critics is that a movie with a boatload of talented actors and actresses and with the best crew in all other departments money can possibly buy,is made only to let people have as much fun as they possibly can while watching it.
No message,no angles,no moral values teached. Just FUN!!
And it's going to make SOOO much money! I actually think that's hard to deal with for quite a few critics.
I LOVE Disney!!!
Old July 5th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Lysistrata

Yeah FUN is key. I think that why I didnt like Superman Returns as much as I thought I would. It was too held down by so much drama that I felt kind of somber when I was leaving the theater. It wasnt the Superman I was expectng. It was a good movie but on an artsy level and not a summer blockbuster level.
Empire Magazine gave POTC 2 three stars. SO the reviews arent horrible. NOt that I put much stock with what critics think.
Old July 5th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Malene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysistrata
Yeah FUN is key. I think that why I didnt like Superman Returns as much as I thought I would. It was too held down by so much drama that I felt kind of somber when I was leaving the theater. It wasnt the Superman I was expectng. It was a good movie but on an artsy level and not a summer blockbuster level.
Empire Magazine gave POTC 2 three stars. SO the reviews arent horrible. NOt that I put much stock with what critics think.
Yeah,but the superhero movies are quite serious and even somber these days, aren't they?
All about the hidden identity and how they deal with it,especially around the women they love and all that.I never laugh much watching superhero movies.They more "cool" movies.
PoTC is cool and a lot of fun.Irresistible package if you ask me.
And it has Orlando and Johnny Depp.I rest my case.
Old July 5th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Passionately Enthralled

From Malene's post:

Quote:
No message,no angles,no moral values teached. Just FUN!!
And it's going to make SOOO much money! I actually think that's hard to deal with for quite a few critics.
You said it !! Unless they can analyze every move and motive, critics find fault. We audiences know better. We go to be entertained....and entertained we will be !!!

And again from Malene:

Quote:
And it has Orlando and Johnny Depp.I rest my case
EXACTLY !!!
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:55 AM
CrazyArthurianElvishCelt

DMC was reviewed on Australia's ABC last night, which can be seen at the At The Movies site. Generally the two reviewers liked it, though Margret felt it was over-long. She still gave it 4.5 stars while David gave it 3.5 stars (out of 5).

On Sunrise this morning the movie reviewer gave it 4 out of 5 stars.