Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > Dead Man's Chest

Old May 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM
MrsSpeechless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyneth
Congratulations, MrsSpeechless, hope you have a good time at the premiere! Did your contest include getting to meet Orlando, and do you get to see the movie?
Yes I also have seats during the film. And there will also be a meet&greet with the stars.
But you can't imagine how afraid I am. It is not the first time I will meet some stars, but my very first movie premiere. Official clothing required and such things.
Does Orlando go to those after premiere parties? There will be one, too.
I am really happy that my boyfriend will be with me.
Old May 29th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Been there, done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpeechless
Yes I also have seats during the film. And there will also be a meet&greet with the stars.
But you can't imagine how afraid I am. It is not the first time I will meet some stars, but my very first movie premiere. Official clothing required and such things.
Does Orlando go to those after premiere parties? There will be one, too.
I am really happy that my boyfriend will be with me.
You're really happy, looks like you have a great boyfriend Gosh, I'm so excited even if it has nothing to do with me Gosh, you're gonna have such a great time, I'm sure!
Old May 29th, 2006, 06:59 PM
MrsSpeechless

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienmoon76
Fingers crossed! Good for you, I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful time!
Thank you very much
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Crazy in Love

An official PRESS RELEASE:
Quote:
World Premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST at Disneyland in Anaheim, California
Friday June 16, 12:17 pm ET

NEW YORK, June 16 /PRNewswire/ --

WHO: From the film - Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Naomie
Harris, Stellan Skarsgard, Bill Nighy, Tom Hollander, Kevin
McNally, Lee Arenberg, Mackenzie Crook, Martin Klebba, producer
Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski.

Other guests include - Cuba Gooding Jr., Christina Applegate,
Rachel Bilson, James Cameron, Kristin Cavalleri, Michelle
Trachtenberg, Blink 182's Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker,
Shanna Moakler, Jennifer Love Hewitt, James Denton, Matt Leinart,
Jane Russell, Andy Samberg, Jon Voight, Tony Shalhoub, Jane
Kaczmarek, Bradley Whitford, Lynda Carter, Melinda Clarke, Rodney
Peete and Holly Robinson Peete, Dennis Rodman, Erik Estrada,
Billy Ray Cyrus, "Dancing with the Stars" Stacy Keibler, Lisa
Rinna, Louis van Amstel, Tia Carrere, and Cheryl Burke, Harry
Hamlin, Olympian Chad Hedrick, Cal Ripken, Kareem Abdul Jabbar,
Dylan and Cole Sprouse, Kyle Massey, Simon Wakelin, X Atencio,
"Cheetah Girls" Kiely Williams and Adrienne Bailon, Chris Harrison,
"Disney's High School Musical" stars Zac Efron and Vanessa Anne
Hudgens.

WHAT: World Premiere of Walt Disney Pictures', in association with Jerry
Bruckheimer Films, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST at
Disneyland in Anaheim, California.

WHEN: Saturday, June 24, 2006 WHERE: DISNEYLAND
Press Arrivals: 3:00 PM Red Carpet on Main Street USA
Talent Arrivals: 5:00 - 6:00 PM 1313 South Harbor Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 28027

YOUR COVERAGE IS INVITED - PLEASE CALL FOR CREDENTIALS
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST is rated PG-13 and
opens July 7, 2006.
Old June 17th, 2006, 04:37 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Thanks amby! Dennis Rodman?

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old June 17th, 2006, 05:06 AM
jsclark86

That's so cool! I'm going to the premiere and I was wondering who else was going to be there.

Also, for those that do not know how to go about watching the red carpet, I received an email from Guest Communications from Disneyland Resort and they state:

Quote:
On June 24, the Disneyland Resort will be hosting the premiere of "Pirates of
the Caribbean: Dead
Man's Chest" at DISNEYLAND® Park. While this special event will not be available
to the general
public, Guests may have the opportunity to line up to view the arrivals on the
red carpet. However,
capacity is limited and cannot be guaranteed. To help alleviate any concern, we
have scheduled our
park hours as follows:

* DISNEYLAND® Park - 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE® Park - 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Until then, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" will be released in
theaters on July 7,
2006. We hope you have the chance to view this film after it is released
nationwide.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the
DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit will be pleasant in all regards.
I got this email today and I was surprised to get this response. So for those of us who are attending the premiere, we WILL get to stay for the red carpet.
Old June 18th, 2006, 05:16 AM
funybunny

Talking

OMG!! I am SOOO excited! I only have to wait one more week until the premiere. My best friend and I have our tickets and are ready to go. We were starting to freak though when we heard that we may not get to see the red carpet arrivals. So thanks jsclark for that info. I just breathed a huge sigh of relief. DISNEYLAND HERE I COME!!!
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Passionately Enthralled

The excitement! I can hardly stand it!
Old June 19th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Elven Queen in Training

Do you think my daughter would notice if I skipped out on her high school graduation and flew to California for the premiere? She would notice, huh? Guess I'll have to wait for July 7th.
Old June 19th, 2006, 02:34 PM
In Valinor

From Mouse Planet.com.
Quote:
Pirate premiere details

So the much-anticipated world premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest will be upon us this weekend. For much of the last six months the most frequent question we've received has been, "How do I get in to see the premiere?" The answer has always been "unless there are some contests for tickets or you know somebody with pull, you can't." At least one Los Angeles radio station did give out tickets as prizes over the weekend but unless you got one of those the answer is still "you can't."

The next most frequent question was to request details about watching the red carpet arrivals for the premiere. The expectation was that things would probably be much like last time around but nothing official had been announced.

So, we finally have some details about the weekend and here is what we can tell you if you want to get out there for the premiere. Know this up front, though. We have no idea when you should show up if you want to watch the VIP arrivals from Main Street. Last time around it was possible to show up pretty late and still get a decent spot but the awareness for the movie and red carpet this time around seems to be much higher. It could be that it will be necessary to show up much earlier in the day for a good spot or it could be that people are scared off by the potential confusion and crowding.

If it is really important to you, you probably want to show up early and keep an eye on things throughout the day. But we have no guarantees.

The rough schedule for the day is that Disneyland Park will open at 6:30 a.m. to give people more time to experience the park. The park officially closes at 5:00 p.m. but this means that they will no longer be letting guests in after that time. It is our understanding that the east side of the park (Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Toontown) will remain open to guests already in the park until about 8:00 p.m. while the west side (Adventureland, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, and Critter Country) will close at that time. Certain parts of Frontierland and New Orleans Square may close even earlier to begin set up for the festivities.

The red carpet arrivals are set to begin around 5:30 p.m. and will probably continue for at least a couple of hours. By 8:00 p.m. the park will be completely closed and all remaining guests will be swept from the park. For the invited VIPs there will be food service late in the evening and then the screening will begin at 9:00 p.m. to be followed by an after-party.

A full week in advance of the screening and Disneyland is already feeling the impact. The screening requires construction of large bleachers along the waterfront of Rivers of America and large movie screens on the Fantasmic stage at Tom Sawyer Island. These need to be set up so early because there are regulatory requirements for inspections and approvals before people are allowed to use them and they will come down much more quickly after the event.

For this entire week, and half of next week, all performances of Fantasmic are cancelled and Tom Sawyer Island is closed. On June 24 several other attractions will be affected as well. The Opera House on Main Street will serve as the media center for invited press, so the 50 Magical Years film will not be shown. Also, since Main Street will be decked out in a long red carpet, none of the Main Street Vehicles will be running and there'll be no performance of Disney's Parade of Dreams. The Rivers of America will shut down completely for the day with Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes, Mark Twain Riverboat, and Sailing Ship Columbia shut down. Since the park won't be open, there'll also be no performance of the Remember...Dreams Come True fireworks show (unless they do it very late at night for the VIPs). Tom Sawyer Island and performances of Fantasmic are scheduled to return by Wednesday, June 28. Finally, to help with traffic flows through Adventureland, Fastpass for Indiana Jones Adventure has been discontinued until June 28.

A lot of people will want to know about Pirates of the Caribbean, though. The ride will be completely done and ready for business by the time the park opens on June 28 but do not expect any kind of "soft opening" for the general public. Invited press will probably be allowed to ride late in the afternoon before the VIP arrivals begin and then as they arrive those VIPs will probably be able to ride before and after the premiere.

On Sunday, June 25, the ride will probably unofficially open in the afternoon. Disneyland has invited its own group of press (the publicity for the movie premiere is being run by the studio, with support from the park) to visit the park that day for a period of exclusive access to the attraction in the morning, but they have been warned that they must ride by 11:30 a.m. for that exlusivity. Presumably this means that if all goes well the doors will be thrown open to everybody sometime in the afternoon. However, there are certainly a lot of variables that could interfere with this and the ride does not officially open until Monday, June 26. Blue Bayou will also likely be open in the afternoon on Sunday but it also does not officially open until Monday and if it has already opened by then, the new Cafe Orleans should also have open doors on Sunday.

The stars of the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest request your patience. Photos by David Michael.

If you considering trying to stake out a spot but aren't sure if you'll see anybody to get excited about, here is the announced attandance list. These things are always pretty fluid (though with something this high profile it is probably more solid than usual) and some names may go missing and there'll probably be quite a few extra people not mentioned.

From the movie:

* Johnny Depp – Jack Sparrow
* Orlando Bloom– Will Turner
* Keira Knightley– Elizabeth Swann
* Naomi Harris– Tia Dalma
* Stellan Skarsgard– 'Bootstrap' Bill Turner
* Bill Nighy– Davey Jones
* Tom Hollander– Lord Cutler Beckett
* Kevin McNally– Joshamee Gibbs
* Lee Arenberg– Pintel
* Mackenzie Crook– Ragetti
* Martin Klebba– Marty
* Jerry Bruckheimer– Producer
* Gore Verbinski– Director

Others

* Kareem Abdul Jabbar (former basketball player)
* Christina Applegate (Married...with Children)
* X Atencio (Disney animator and designer)
* Adrienne Bailon (Cheetah Girls)
* Rachel Bilson (The O.C.)
* Cheryl Burke (Dancing with the Stars)
* James Cameron
* Tia Carrere (Lilo & Stitch)
* Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman)
* Kristin Cavalleri (Laguna Beach)
* Melinda Clarke (The O.C.)
* Billy Ray Cyrus (musician)
* James Denton (Desparate Housewives)
* Zac Efron (High School Musical)
* Erik Estrada (CHiPs)
* Cuba Gooding Jr.
* Harry Hamlin (L.A. Law)
* Chad Hedrick (Olympic speed skater)
* Jennifer Love Hewitt
* Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker (Blink 182)
* Vanessa Anne Hudgens (High School Musical)
* Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle)
* Stacy Keibler (professional wrestler, Dancing with the Stars)
* Matt Leinart (football player)
* Kyle Massey (That's So Raven)
* Shanna Moakler (Playboy Playmate)
* Rodney Peete (former football player) and Holly Robinson Peete (Haning' with Mr. Cooper)
* Lisa Rinna (Dancing with the Stars)
* Cal Ripken (former baseball player)
* Dennis Rodman (former basketball player)
* Jane Russell
* Andy Samberg (Saturday Night Live)
* Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
* Dylan and Cole Sprouse (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody)
* Michelle Trachtenberg (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ice Princess),
* Louis van Amstel (Dancing with the Stars)
* Jon Voight
* Simon Wakelin (photographer)
* Bradley Whitford (The West Wing)
* Kiely Williams (Cheetah Girls)
Old June 20th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Human News Ticker

Press release about the UK premiere

Quote:
Monday 3rd July
At
Odeon Leicester Square

Arrivals: 5.30pm Seated: 7.15pm Film Starts: 7.45pm

Cast Members in attendance include:
Johnny Depp
Orlando Bloom
Keira Knightley
Bill Nighy
Jack Davenport
Tom Hollander
Mackenzie Crook
Naomi Harris
Kevin R. McNally
Stellan Skarsgård
Jerry Bruckheimer (prod)

The Jolly Roger will be flying at full mast on Monday July 3rd when Captain Jack Sparrow and his shipmates will dock at the Odeon Leicester Square. Amidst a sea of loyal fans Hollywood A-listers Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom will be ‘walking the carpet’ to mark the release of their second heart thumping epic sea quest - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. Also present will be British favourites Bill Nighy, Jack Davenport, Mackenzie Crook, Tom Hollander, Naomi Harris and Kevin R McNally.

Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley reunite in Walt Disney Pictures' PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN’S CHEST, in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Films, an all new epic tale chronicling the further mis-adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow.Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Gore Verbinski from a screenplay written by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio, Captain Jack sets sail on an all new adventure – filled with more intrigue, more spectacular special effects and more comedy.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest will be released by Buena Vista International in the UK and Ireland on 6th July 2006.

Media and Photo Pens will be open from 4.00 pm
All positions must be secured by 5.15pm
Old June 20th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Nienna

I'm getting so excited. I leave for Disneyland in 40 hours.