Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > Dead Man's Chest

Old June 19th, 2005, 07:38 PM
luv4ever

POTC2 Premiere

do you think it'll be in disneyland again? you'd think it would since the first one was there. my family and i are planning a trip there for next year, and maybe if there premiere is there again, i might get to go
Old June 19th, 2005, 08:30 PM
ElfPirate

I heard it might be at Disney World, but I hope it's at Disneyland because I live not far away and I have a pass, so I go a lot. Yes, it's still one of my favorite places on earth!
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:16 AM
MistyL

Oh Steph I dunno do you think you could survive that LMAO !! You will faint
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:24 AM
luv4ever

ah ha, really funny misty haha
Old June 20th, 2005, 08:13 AM
MistyL

LOL ! I know I wouldn't survive . He would pass me by and i'd look like <<<< saying to self he is so beautiful bbbu -ttt-ffful LMAO ok I seriously need bed
Old June 21st, 2005, 01:36 AM
luv4ever

LMAO. very funny misty. i wouldnt know what to do with myself. i prolly be like OMG THERE HE IS. and then i miss him. lmao
Old June 21st, 2005, 03:47 AM
MistyL

You know me I am a absolute dork
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Nienna

I belong to a couple of Disney boards. Apparently the PoTC ride at Disneyland is going to be down for refurbishment Feb thru May. I'm hoping it's because they're planning a certain premiere there in June.
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Crazy in Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
I belong to a couple of Disney boards. Apparently the PoTC ride at Disneyland is going to be down for refurbishment Feb thru May. I'm hoping it's because they're planning a certain premiere there in June.
I wish they now pattern the ride to the MOVIE. Oooh! Imagine animatronic WILL TURNER or JACK SPARROW! When that happens, lines will just get even longer for this ride.
Old July 15th, 2005, 08:47 PM
bea

maybe you could then climb off and hug him and grab him lol as my friend would say knicker threwing opportunity
Old July 16th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Rhiannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea
maybe you could then climb off and hug him and grab him lol as my friend would say knicker threwing opportunity
Old July 17th, 2005, 12:27 AM
HauntedByFear

I hope there's one in Disneyland and in New York because NY is far closer to me than Disneyland! I could just drive up to NY, stay the night and get up bright and early the next day to go into the city.
Old July 19th, 2005, 10:04 AM
alysia

Oh I would love to go to the POTC2 premiere so so so so much. I'm in the UK, but hey this is what planes are for right? (lol)

Seeing or even meeting Orlando AND Johnny Depp at the same time????? that would KILL me! but what a way to go eh?

Alysia
Old July 21st, 2005, 05:42 PM
Nienna

I found a link to this article at laughingplace.com
Quote:
2006 - Pirates of the Scareibbean - Rumor - (7/21/05) If you’ve been reading Screamscape for awhile, you’ve heard the long running rumors about updating Pirates to include the ghost pirates from the film. One of our sources uncovered a few interesting pieces of artwork that show off a modified Pirates logo with the new “Scareibbean” name as text that says it is coming to Disneyland in 2006 along with tag lines like “Come see how scary a Pirate’s life can be” and “Now the Curse is larger than life”. There is also artwork showing off ghostly pirates leering at passing boats as well as what looks like modified scenes from the ride enhanced with new skeletal pirates. Of course this all could just be fan art so take the rumor for what it’s worth.
(6/28/05) According to the latest report in MiceAge, the rumored rehab of Pirates that will start at the end of the year has been extended into a nearly four month rehab project that may introduce several new effects and items to the ride along with the planned rehab to the ride system. We assume they will add elements that will be relevant to the new Pirates films such as the long rumored Capt. Jack Sparrow figure.
I hope they decide to add a figure. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the rehab is for the premiere.
Old October 16th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Heavenly Goddess

POTC 2 Premiere

I know that I'm getting way ahead of myself, but I'm guessing by now that we've all watched the GMA interview with Orlando. He happened to mention that they're auctioning off a couple of premiere tickets for the POTC 2 premiere (which will take place next year) to benefit the Hurricane Katrina victims.

He mentioned that he thinks that it'll be in Disneyland again, next summer.

Not much info to go by yet, but I'm psyched all the same. Will be planning a trip to LA v. v. soon! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also like to go to Melbourne for the POTC yacht race, when Orli makes a pitstop there next February!
Old October 16th, 2005, 08:05 AM
besotted with buttons

Yes i guess this thread will have an extremely long lifespan! Perhaps anyone who has details of the auction etc can add here- otherwise..
See you next year!

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old October 16th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Goddess
I would also like to go to Melbourne for the POTC yacht race, when Orli makes a pitstop there next February!
Heavenly there are a bunch of us meeting up in Melbourne around the 4th of February for this. Check the Aussie/Kiwi Meet up thread.

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old October 18th, 2005, 03:37 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Heavenly Goddess, there is already a thread for to discuss the PotC2 premiere, merging.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old October 20th, 2005, 02:42 AM
Heavenly Goddess

Of course as of yet, no date has been set for the premiere at this v. v. early stage. The release date of the 1st Pirates movie was July 9 back in 2003 (US release), with the premiere being held in Disneyland on June 28, 2003. I'm guessing that as the US release date for POTC2 this year is July 7, the premiere will probably take place around the same time that this first one did in 2003. Although, it could be earlier or later.

So, I'm wondering if we'll have to wait until June/July for POTC3 in 2007, as there appears to be some kind of pattern emerging.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 12:24 PM
citylove

I am really really really hoping that the premiere is in Disneyland again. I believe that last year, to be in the park required a special pass, and that only maybe three or four of the major rides were open. Did anyone on the board go to the premiere last year?
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:03 AM
Heavenly Goddess

Citylove, I didn't attend the premiere back in 2003, but I'm also pretty certain that a special pass or something like that is required. I remember seeing something like that on theobfiles.com after the Disneyland premiere had taken place. I think someone scanned their's in, and I also think I saved the scan onto my hardrive. (Can't find it right now. Too many POTC images in my folder to scour through).
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Been there, done that

Just found out that there will be a premiere in Disneyland! Read more here.
Old November 10th, 2005, 02:29 PM
In Valinor

Thanks for the link Nika. I was just reading that on OBM. Looks like the premiere will be in June but still no firm date.
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Crazy in Love

YAY! YAY! YAY! That is such good news for me! I only live 25 minutes away from Disneyland!!! I so wish I can go...
Old November 10th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Nienna

Happy Dance! Happy Dance!