Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean > Dead Man's Chest

Old January 23rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
alienmoon76

POTC2 nominated for four Oscars

Technical categories, as expected...

Achievement in Art Direction
Achievement in Sound Editing
Achievement in Sound Mixing
Achievement in Visual Effects

Source: http://oscar.com/nominees/?pn=films
Old January 23rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Been there, done that

That's great. Though I'd add one more for costumes and another one for Johnny Depp....

just went through all the nominees..I hope Marie Antoinette will get the one for costumes!! Though it's a shame it has only one nomination...Also hope Leonardo will finally get his Oscar, he does deserve it...

Last edited by Nika; January 23rd, 2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Thanks alienmoon for the info!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old January 23rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I agree with Nika -- it's time for Leonardo to get his Oscar. He was great in Blood Diamond, which I saw -- and I heard he was equally good in Departed.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
X-Ray Boxer Vision

I hope that POTC2 wins at least one of them

I agree with Nika and Leggybelle- Leo really deserves to win, he was amazing in Blood Diamond. I was so dissapointed when he didn't win the Golden Globe.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 09:38 PM
Malene

Thanks.Nice to see recognition for the movie. But where the heck is the nomination for Costumes?And for hair??!!
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:20 PM
L.O.V.E

Something I read on MSN and it really upsetted me:

"In the long run, “Dead Man’s Chest” may not hold on to its distinction as the 2006 movie that made the biggest impression. While it made Disney’s shareholders happy, it’s likely to fade as memories of more substantial movies gain force. And when those dollars are adjusted for inflation, and actual ticket sales are counted, the second “Pirates” doesn’t come close to toppling such all-time blockbusters as “Gone With the Wind” and “Star Wars,” which are still No. 1 and No. 2 in terms of the number of tickets sold. When inflation is considered, according to Box Office Mojo, “Dead Man’s Chest” is only No. 44 on the all-time list of box-office attractions."

Liesl
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:21 PM
kissing will turner !

johnny should have been nominated !
i hope that potcs wins at one of them

sig set by Nenya thanks darling
i love you William Turner!
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:32 AM
princessoftroy

Critics sometimes can be a pain in the butt!! I wish Johnny and Orli were nominated! Orli deserves to win an award for all the awesome roles he has played!! When will he be nominated? It seems like he is almost intentionally being looked over!
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:40 AM
In Love

Thanks Alienmoon !

So great ! Maybe Orlando will be there ... why not ! ^^
Old January 24th, 2007, 05:09 AM
sweet.luvin

I think its great they got nominated for those but on a PERSONAL lol note...i think they were ROBBED
Old January 24th, 2007, 03:23 PM
princessoftroy

I agree. We know they have talent but Hollywood is a litttle slow at figuring that out. I saw an old Conan O'Brian show that had Orli on it. They were talking about Dead Man's Chest. The show was before the movie came out. It was great!!
Old January 24th, 2007, 03:42 PM
The lover ...

Thanks for the info! But I think it should be nominated for more oscars ... Oh well. Maybe next year.
Old January 25th, 2007, 12:38 AM
manwathiel

wow! i really didn't expect it to be nominated just because we all know how these people are and they don't really like to give credit to the pirate movies..... *cough stupid ppl* *cough* anyways

thats really great, good for them........now lets just all hope they win, that would be awsome
Old January 25th, 2007, 05:26 AM
In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticLady
"In the long run, “Dead Man’s Chest” may not hold on to its distinction as the 2006 movie that made the biggest impression. While it made Disney’s shareholders happy, it’s likely to fade as memories of more substantial movies gain force. And when those dollars are adjusted for inflation, and actual ticket sales are counted, the second “Pirates” doesn’t come close to toppling such all-time blockbusters as “Gone With the Wind” and “Star Wars,” which are still No. 1 and No. 2 in terms of the number of tickets sold. When inflation is considered, according to Box Office Mojo, “Dead Man’s Chest” is only No. 44 on the all-time list of box-office attractions."

To be fair, CotBP WAS better (IMO, at least), and those other movies flow more smoothly than DMC ever did. It's possible that like ROTK, though, AWE will get more positive critical attention than its two prequels.
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:27 PM
X-Ray Boxer Vision

POTC won the Oscar for best Visual Effects. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old February 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM
princessoftroy

Yay!! They deserve it! The effects are awesome!!