Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Haven

Old September 17th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Fanfic Junkie

Thanks EL!

I don't know how I will survive until this comes out on DVD!!!

sig & avatar by the lovely and talented elements

Dean: Come on man, I've been itching for a hunt
Gordon: Sorry. But hey, I hear there's a chupacabra two states over; go ahead and knock yourselves out.
SPN Ep 2x3
Old September 18th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Ancalime

Thanks, EL. I would love to see Orlando in this movie, but it does sound perfectly tragic.
Old September 18th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Could you write something more about the story?
What does Shy do, I mean what crime does he commit?

I love to be spoiled ... ... I know, curiosity killed the cat ...

Please, some small spoilers!!

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old September 18th, 2004, 06:54 PM
In Valinor

Ok then...total SPOILERS!

Look away NOW if you don't want to know everything...
Shy and Andrea make love and of course her father and brother realize what has happened. They tell the authorities that Shy has raped Andrea and Shy has to stay away from the school and Andrea. But Hammer cannot leave it at that, he gets acid and goes to Shy's place. Hammer throws the acid at Shy who falls to the ground in agony, Hammer looks a little shocked at what he has done and he runs away.

Shy's beautiful face is now scarred and he retreats from people, he won't call Andrea. Andrea is forced by the school to attend rape counseling, but all she feels is apathy and abandonment by Shy. She asks her friend to f*** her senseless. Andrea's life spirals downward, drugs, sex, such sadness.

Shy eventually runs across a drugged up Andrea doing it in a seedy bathroom at Richie Rich's party and he is violently ill seeing what has happened to her. He blames Hammer for keeping them apart and confronts him with a gun, telling Hammer what he has seen Andrea become, he is disgusted with Hammer and wants to scare him "now you live with what you have done to her!" (something like that). Hammer regrets to a degree but then yells back that something spiteful and Shy snaps and ...shoots Hammer dead.

So you see, nothing is the same after this. Innocence is dead and the result is so much waste and sorrow.
Old September 18th, 2004, 07:57 PM
tracy7307

Hi everyone! Well Serein invited me to share my story here about the Haven premiere- but seeing as how it took me hours to type up the report, lol, I thought I'd provide you with a link about what happened here. I must apologize ahead of time for some of the errors I made in my reporting, ie, calling Frank E. Flowers "Fred". (Forgive me, Frank. Love ya!). I blame the fact that Orli was leering over my shoulder for hours. Hope you enjoy!
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:10 PM
k-townlegolaslass07

Wow- thanks for that spoiler El... thats tragic... this is one of Orlando's film that I know and have heard VERY little about... when and where did it release? I know I havent heard the slightest peep of it here in Texas...
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:14 PM
In Valinor

Thank you so much for sharing that Tracy. I hope someone has a picture with you in it!

I can't believe that Serein and I had the chance to sit where you did but opted for the front of the theater...where we had to lie back to watch the movie!
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:17 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, Tracy! You are one lucky girl to be watching an Orlando movie while the man is practically breathing down your neck. I commend you for not turning around and mauling him where he sat.

K-town, so far, Haven has only been shown at the Toronto International Film Festival. It does not have a distributor yet so I'm hoping that it will get picked up for wide release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady
I can't believe that Serein and I had the chance to sit where you did but opted for the front of the theater...where we had to lie back to watch the movie!
Yeah, but wasn't it worth it during the love scene?

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:25 PM
In Valinor

Well ok...
[shallow mode on]
That kiss nearly undid me as did a bare chested Shy *meep*
[/shallow mode off]
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:31 PM
tracy7307

Thanks EL, I hope a pic with myself in it turns up as well. So you had to lie back to watch the movie eh? I'm thinking, if I woulda lie backwards, I would've been in Orlando's lap... *drools*

Serein, it was true grace under pressure to watch Orlando locking lips, then being half naked, then kissing Andrea's neck, all while he was breathing on my shoulder and try to restrain myself. Do you know how hard it was NOT TO MOAN! Now that woulda been embarrassing. Maybe you two were better off sitting up front where you could moan freely!

EL, are you referring to the Andrea opening the door and being snogged immediately kiss? Because that was my undoing as well...
Old September 18th, 2004, 08:38 PM
10th Doctor's Companion

Ah, the pressure of watching Orlando, half naked, lying on the bed, kissing. That must have been really rough on you. I think we were both biting our fists trying not to just outright squeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy7307
I'm thinking, if I woulda lie backwards, I would've been in Orlando's lap.
Arrrrrgh!! Don't put such thoughts in my head. It was bad enough sitting so close to the screen and seeing that ten-foot nipple. Oh goodness, did I just say that?

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #2
Old September 18th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Pretty in Pink

You think they will be selling bootleg copies in Canal Street in New York??
I don't think I can wait much longer
*Bounces on the balls of her feet*
When is the "estimated date" of release? Is there one???
Argh!!! Im going to have an anxiety attack
Old September 18th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Tracy, thanks so much for your great review and all the delicious details of your "Orlando" encounter.

I am so jealous......imagine sitting that close to Orlando that his knees were bumping the back of your chair !!! I would have died !!!

Seriously, how you managed to be so close and not go all "fangirly" is beyond me....I would have made a nuisence of myself, I am sure, if I had been there. It's sounds from your LJ that you didn't even get a handshake or an autograph, never mind a picture. How sad .....but at least you were there, and saw him in person , which is a lot more than I can say !!!
Old September 18th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Pretty in Pink

Yes-Tracy
I crown you The Luckiest Girl in the World
Old September 19th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Elements

OMG Tracy! How did you ever cope with being that close to him for such an extended period of time? Reading your report I have squeeed several times and that's just from reading it and looking at the picture, to feel him brush against you, and know that he is kicking your chair... You are such a lucky lucky girl!!
Old September 19th, 2004, 12:49 AM
daydreamer58

Thank you for your detailed LJ encounter and review, Tracy. I don't think I would have concentrated on watching the movie at all with Orlando himself sitting so close behind me. What you said here kind of struck me,

Quote:
So we locate a Sharpie for him, and he hands the auto back to whomever- and we're facing forward waiting for the film to start- when he sits back from handing the autograph back, Michelle and I both heard an audible annoyed *sigh* from him. We looked at each other and understood the unspoken message- that he was just wanting to get on with the film, not deal with squealing fans. So we refrained from asking him for autographs or talking to him (NOT that I didn't want to!).
That kind of spoke volumes to me and revealed a bit of the real Orlando behind the smiles to the public. So he is human after all! That closeup photo of him is fantastic.

Thanks, again.
Old September 19th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Angel_of_the_West

Tracy, you are one very lucky, lucky girl. I would have been so unbelievably nervous sitting that close to Orlando. Not sure I would have been able to concentrate on the movie at all...being all to aware of him sitting directly behind me. Oh and I would have been so worried about whimpering outloud during certain moments! Also thank you for the review. I can't wait to see this movie, I know I keep saying that but I really can't. This role sounds just the perfect role for Orlando to prove he is more than a pretty face and has acting ability to no end!

Angel
Old September 19th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

First of all ... Thanks for spoiling me (and the rest of us who dared to read), EL!

Second ... ... ...

Third ... I read you LJ entry, tracy7307, thanks!!! .... I wouldn't have survive that movie with Orlando sitting right behind me, with him kicking at my chair ... breathing so close ... ... in my neck .... I'm damn sure I wouldn't have fallen into his lap ... I would have done something more embarassing ... ........ ... or rather dropped dead at the very instant ... <R.I.P.>

~ Naz ~

Old September 20th, 2004, 12:51 AM
lizzynet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazgul88
I wouldn't have survive that movie with Orlando sitting right behind me, with him kicking at my chair ... breathing so close ... ... in my neck .... I'm damn sure I wouldn't have fallen into his lap ... I would have done something more embarassing ... ........ ... or rather dropped dead at the very instant ... <R.I.P.>

~ Naz ~

So that's how a Nazgul behaves when she gets her prey. Good to know!
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Pervy Picture Handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzynet
So that's how a Nazgul behaves when she gets her prey. Good to know!
Well .... there's a difference between thinking like a Nazgul and behaving like one!
And there's ... between me and wishful thinking.
... and between me and a real Nazgul ... and the thoughts ...
and I sometimes get mixed up ... ...

But I'll never tell you what I'd do in reality!

So never come between me and ... well, you know ...

~ Naz ~

Old September 20th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Kikyo

I really want to see this movie, I just saw the poster yesterday and WOW, I nearly fell down from my chair but I wonder if it well ever get realese here in Panama... *cries*
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Lady Lúthien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_of_the_West
OHMYGAWD I so desperately want to see this! Please, please please please please please let it get wide release. Thank you EL, this sounds totally incredible and gripping and just what I imagined it would be like. It definitely sounds like the role that will hopefully ever silence those critics who don't take him seriously and will take Orlando away from those clean cut hereos he has played in the past.

OOOOOOH so BADLY want to see this
I soooooo agree! Just saw the poster from the Movie, which EL and Serien posted and I was so like !!
I feel like I just CAN´T wait any longer...
Old September 20th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Aroreiel

Immediately snogged? Half naked kissing? Bare chested? Oh please...are there anymore details than that?

My curiousity will kill me. You lucky women!
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:17 PM
Malene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady

So let me get this straight.
You and Serein had the chance to have Orlando sit behind you and breathe down your necks.And you chose not to?
Idiots!!
Old February 24th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Luthien

Thanks for the spoilers. This film sounds so very tragic but i would love to see it. I like sad films and I think I would like to see Orlando do something different like this.