Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Romans

Old June 24th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Alive...and kicking

As Nel said,is a powerful image...the man carrying his personal cross..so looking forward to see it.
Thanks a lot Mithriel darling

Old June 24th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

thanks for posting!
Old June 24th, 2017, 10:54 PM
Passionately Enthralled

What an amazing Poster! I really can't wait to watch that movie.
Thanks for posting, Mithriel!

Icon and sig by me. Thanks Kat and Lola for the tuts
Old June 25th, 2017, 01:09 AM
at world´s end and beyond

wow, amazing, thanks a lot for finding and sharing, Mithriel. I am sure this movie will get a great review at the festival *o*
Old June 25th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Utterly Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldorwen View Post
wow, amazing, thanks a lot for finding and sharing, Mithriel. I am sure this movie will get a great review at the festival *o*

yes! yes! let it happen please!!!
Old June 25th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Utterly Obsessed

Ooh great poster! Thanks for sharing Mithriel.

I hope this movie does well too. It looks like a great role for Orlando! And hopefully it will get a worldwide release, including the US.

Wonderful Siggie made by the late great Leggybelle! I love you Mom and I miss you.

Beautiful Legolas icon made by Nel. Thank you so much!
Old July 1st, 2017, 01:08 AM
Passionately Enthralled

#OrlandoBloom #AnneReid @jayrmonty #AlexFerns in #Romans screening + Q/A tomorrow at #edfilmfest http://www.edfilmfest.org.uk/2017/romans*
https://twitter.com/shammasian/statu...93157843533824

First review:
Quote:
Romans
AFTER impressing with their powerhouse monologue-driven boxing drama debut The Pyramid Texts, the brothers Paul and Ludwig Shammasian are back with another cinematic gut punch. Orlando Bloom gives his best ever performance as Malky, a tough demolition worker who, when he’s not breaking down old churches or making his daily visit to his elderly mother (Anne Reid), punishes himself both mentally and physically as a means to deal with childhood sexual abuse at the hands of a priest. It’s not a film to mince its words, tackling its difficult themes of psychological scarring that abuse can cause and the struggling to give forgiveness entirely head on. The result is a challenging piece of brute force cinema that leaves a lasting impact.
http://www.thenational.scot/culture/...17/?ref=twtrec

Last edited by mayfrayn; July 1st, 2017 at 01:17 AM.
Old July 1st, 2017, 06:20 PM
Alive...and kicking

I'm very pleased with that review,his best performance ever huh? I wonder if the journalist have seen Zulu....probably not.Anyway I'm eager to see it and judge by myself...thank you May darling.
But why isn't he there...?acording to the schedule the movie is right now on the screen..... perhaps tomorrow on the second screening?

Last edited by erendira; July 1st, 2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 02:12 AM
Alive...and kicking

Quote:
#Romans world premium at @edfilmfest @PaulShammasian @shammasian captivating-world class performance by #OrlandoBloom and @AnneReidActress
Quote:
Romans is a searingly intense, striking film. Genuinely excellent performance from Orlando Bloom. #edfilmfest
Quote:
Orlando Bloom is revelatory as an exposed nerve of pain and rage in the Shammasian Brothers' terrific, harrowing Romans. @edfilmfest

Another good review for him here

I want to see it NOW!!!

Last edited by erendira; July 2nd, 2017 at 02:44 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 01:14 PM
Utterly Obsessed

and another long review: here
about his performance:
Quote:
"Orlando Bloom is stunning, a performance of looks and grunts and things unsaid and, gradually, of speaking. In the smallest moments, to listeners other than the audience, to audiences other than the listener, in the act of making a cup of tea or visiting the pub or in stories other people tell he brings a bruised and bloodied and tattooed and sullen intensity, and underneath that armour of scars and ink there are other scars, other marks, something special behind those eyes that are now cold."
@CGiiiFilm
Quote:
Orlando Bloom delivers an astonishing performance: Romans @edfilmfest today
Gurpreet Sihat‏

Quote:
The men behind one of my favourite films of the @edfilmfest this year: #Romans! #OrlandoBloom's performance... OMG I'm speechless! ��

Last edited by mithriel; July 2nd, 2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 06:55 PM
Alive...and kicking

I'm so,so glad I can't tell...He SO deserves this...perhaps people just openned their eyes at last and have seen what we've seen since the beginning:his talent

Old July 2nd, 2017, 10:30 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I'm so happy to read all those great reviews! Thanks for posting, girls
We've always known that he is such an talented actor and finally he gets the well desevered recognition!

Old July 2nd, 2017, 11:26 PM
chronicler of Ibelin

Location: Germany - some miles northwest of Hamburg - but in my mind I'm living at Ibelin, Port Royal...
Wow! If this film is an eye-opener to the critics, what hell of an acting shall we see?

What man is man, who doesn't make the world better?

Balian of Ibelin
Old July 3rd, 2017, 02:46 PM
Utterly Obsessed

and more……
Quote:
Romans: one of the best films of EIFF, an utterly heartbreaking and powerful study of the ramifications of abuse. Bloom is immense
Quote:
ROMANS: one of the (many) best of EIFF; story of abuse & violence with unparalleled weight, Orlando Bloom at the level of giants.
Quote:
Absolutely stunningly well made film tackling a truly difficult subject head of. @edfilmfest #Romans @shammasian
Quote:
A magnificent, harrowing movie... go see if you get a chance. Career defining performance from #OrlandoBloom. #Romans #Film
Quote:
Loved Romans, best film of #edfilmfest and shattering, raw performance by Orlando Bloom. Only @Emily_Beecham in #Daphne came close!
Quote:
Romans is a searingly intense, striking film. Genuinely excellent performance from Orlando Bloom. #edfilmfest
Quote:
I may be biased but I'm appreciating #Romans more and more as I think back on it. #OrlandoBloom gave an amazing performance.
Quote:
Saw a very intense/raw/challenging/powerful film called #Romans @edfilmfest. Well done to these guys 4 making it. Orlando B was outstanding
Quote:
Challenging and thought provoking film, with a captivating performance by Orlando. #edfilmfest #Romans #shammasian
Quote:
Orlando Bloom is revelatory as an exposed nerve of pain and rage in the Shammasian Brothers' terrific, harrowing Romans. @edfilmfest
Quote:
#Romans - "A challenging subject thats handled with the grit, honesty and compassion it deserves" #eiff2017 #edfilmfest
and very interesting when I read this guy
"I'm being made to go and see an Orlando Bloom film. Please send help #Romans #edfilmfest"
then after the screening:
Quote:
Well, turns out #Romans is my fav film of #edfilmfest. A tough watch but a bloody good one. I hope it gets some sort of distribution deal.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 05:03 PM
Alive...and kicking

Wow...I feel like a proud mama...

Old July 3rd, 2017, 07:16 PM
If it wasn't this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundolf View Post
Wow! If this film is an eye-opener to the critics, what hell of an acting shall we see?
Hope we can see it at all
Old July 4th, 2017, 12:58 AM

I too hope it will be featured at TIFF 2017-ok, maybe I'm hoping he'll be at a gala event and I'll be able to get an autotgraph. To hell with my Fibro/CFS/IBS I'm going to make the trip to the big city if it's featured. It'll be my 27th bday that month-which is kinda scary, as it's approaching within under three months. Does anyone on here live in or near Toronto, Ontario (in Canada)? Anyone know what the schedule for the Toronto Film Festival will be?T

Or will come to dvd or netflix!!!
Old July 5th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Another great one...
Quote:
He is often distant and lost to the world and those around him and Orlando Bloom delivers this pain and vacancy with such nuanced conviction in a performance that feels so raw and real. The direction often means the camera will never shy away from its actors and it puts Malky front and centre at all times, and the result from Bloom is such an emotionally complex performance, yet one that feels so subdued and reserved. There's a provocative pensiveness to the acting on display here and the actor genuinely disappears into the skin of Malky and gives this character the intensity and honesty he deserves in what is, easily, one of the finest performances from an actor of this calibre this year - if not this decade. Bloom is a genuine triumph here.
You can read the whole review here:
http://www.oasisawais.com/2017/07/ei...ns-review.html

Old July 5th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

It is so good to read all these reviews praising Orlando's acting. That's the stuff we want to hear!! Now it is waiting until the moment we can see this movie
Old July 5th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Alive...and kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andnolewen View Post
It is so good to read all these reviews praising Orlando's acting. That's the stuff we want to hear!! Now it is waiting until the moment we can see this movie
Same here..."the actor genuinely disappears into the skin of Malky and gives this character the intensity and honesty he deserves " Well I think he does that exactly in all his performances,I've never seem Orlando on the screen,just the character...I'm glad that some critics are starting to see it too.

Old July 6th, 2017, 10:04 PM

Good to hear.
I know this isn't related to Romans-far from it-but anyone know how to send a fan letter to him???
Has anyone sent one to him before? Did he reply?
Old July 7th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Alive...and kicking

I won't be tired of post reviews like this...he SO deserves it...for all the unfair ones that he had endured.I'm so eager to see this movie...
http://www.culturefix.co.uk/2017/07/...ew-romans.html

Old July 8th, 2017, 12:59 AM
at world´s end and beyond

wow, the reviews are overwhelming... we will cry so much, for him, who deserves this and more and the film , can´t f ++ ing wait *___*
Old July 8th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Utterly Obsessed

and another 5 stars review from movie review world:
http://www.moviereviewworld.com/movi...romans-review/
Quote:
Malky is an intense and demanding role for any actor which commands a great deal of courage. Recognising this and leaving his movie star credentials at the door, Bloom delivers with utter grit and honesty in a soul barring performance that is undoubtedly the landmark of his acting career.
Old July 8th, 2017, 07:37 AM
Utterly Obsessed

and i like this review very much:
http://cgiii.com/cgiiinews/7-blog/29...-festival-2017

Quote:
Do not expect the usual catholic-bashing, priest-abusing exposé that we have all become [too] familiar with in recent years...this is so much more...this gets under the skin, into the psyche...of the victim. As for the perpetrator...few words are spoken, none in defence...his self-loathing and the hate you feel for this man-of-the-cloth are spine-chillingly palpable.

Most assuredly, Orlando Bloom has cast off his elven mantle...he delivers a performance of such magnitude and dimension that - at times - your breath will simply be taken away. He makes you feel his...pain!

Everything is assured about this film...the direction, the writing...but, this Mr Bloom's film. A dark, intensely harrowing experience.