Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Elizabethtown

Old July 18th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claddagh
I think it suits somehow, Orli having a slightly chaotic dog!!
I totally agree with you. He couldn't have anything other than a chaotic slightly accident prone dog... it's how I imagine him to be

Quote:
I'm with him on defending his shoes though ~ I'm assuming they were the yellow split-toe Nike's and I like them!
On a style front I agree, I have always really liked them, and if they were anything but Nike I'd have a pair myself. Damn principles get in the way of nice shoes

Quote:
I love the fact that he has retained a humourous attitude to the changes in his life by calling his minders babysitters!
That was my favourite part, though I had to read it twice... I was concerned he'd gone and got a baby when I first read it It must annoy him a little that he is watched so closely, though I bet it can be very useful, the perfect 'get-out' when he is accosted by annoying fans (not that the little girl is annoying, just that he could use it for the freaky fangirls )
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:34 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
It must annoy him a little that he is watched so closely, though I bet it can be very useful, the perfect 'get-out' when he is accosted by annoying fans (not that the little girl is annoying, just that he could use it for the freaky fangirls )
Like Us?

*melts into huge puddle of goo*

The more I read about him, the more I adore him.

Thanks for finding those fan reports, ladies.

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Elven Queen in Training

I think it's so wonderful that with all his "people" around he still walks his own dog! He seems very friendly and it's so nice that he wasn't bothered by what the little girl said about his hair and shoes. Some stars would have been really ticked instead of just laughing about it.
Marilyn
Old July 19th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Passionately Enthralled

I'd bet Sidi. It's a common Moroccan name, and it's very hard to tell if someone's saying sidi or siti anyhow.
Old July 19th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Bewitched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Centonze
I think it's so wonderful that with all his "people" around he still walks his own dog! He seems very friendly and it's so nice that he wasn't bothered by what the little girl said about his hair and shoes. Some stars would have been really ticked instead of just laughing about it.
Marilyn
All the above are probably part and parcel of what keeps him grounded and his head out of the clouds of hubris. I think all "movie stars" should have children and others around them to keep them real. And ... it just reflects his own basic honesty. That's one of the things that make him so appealing, I think.

And puppies ... especially puppies new to the leash ... are impossible to be uber-cool around. They'll run around your feet and trip you, they'll trip themselves ... they'll jump up on people with muddy feet and sloppy kisses, they'll sniff in embarrassing places. Anyone who's so patently in love with puppies and dogs is OK in my book. They will keep you basic and real.

Quote:
[Serein] He was outside smoking and when she came up to him, he tried to hide the cigarette behind his back. He told her it was still something he did when he got nervous.
LOL! I'm a reformed smoker and I hate that he's hung up on this, but it's just a crutch ... for whatever reason, he smokes. At least he has the grace to try to downplay and even hide what he knows is a weakness and not a good thing for him or others. I thought the "... nasty people do it --> like him!" bit was cute and protective with little Marisa-with-one-S". (can just see him and his pal laughing about it) I love that he's so care-taking with kids. I hope someday he makes time to have some of his own. Besides having a good man as a daddy and role model, they'll be adored and cherished and probably very well cared-for.

Seems as though the more "reports" we get out of KY, the better this guy looks to everyone. Personally, I think he's a gift ... to all of us and the world.
Old July 19th, 2004, 03:22 AM
In Valinor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNin
All the above are probably part and parcel of what keeps him grounded and his head out of the clouds of hubris. I think all "movie stars" should have children and others around them to keep them real. And ... it just reflects his own basic honesty. That's one of the things that make him so appealing, I think.

And puppies ... especially puppies new to the leash ... are impossible to be uber-cool around. They'll run around your feet and trip you, they'll trip themselves ... they'll jump up on people with muddy feet and sloppy kisses, they'll sniff in embarrassing places. Anyone who's so patently in love with puppies and dogs is OK in my book. They will keep you basic and real.
Definitely Lady Nin. The fact that Orlando is so firmly grounded is part of his charm. He could have become a jerk after all the attention he's received for his film roles and his growing popularity among the general population. But he hasn't and that is so very endearing. He's very real indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNin
Seems as though the more "reports" we get out of KY, the better this guy looks to everyone. Personally, I think he's a gift ... to all of us and the world.
Amen!
Old July 19th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Elf

Im mad. I was downtown today too! :pouts: I wanna meet him!!! urgh... I wounder if hes going to this 'Jr. Warped tour'. It has bands like Simple Plan and Yellowcard, whole bunch of those band, and their gonna be down at the river on the 27th. And the tickets only $25.25. I hope he goes, I would go crazy!

~*Elf*~
Old July 19th, 2004, 05:06 AM
k-townlegolaslass07

Quote:
I love that he's so care-taking with kids. I hope someday he makes time to have some of his own. Besides having a good man as a daddy and role model, they'll be adored and cherished and probably very well cared-for.
Wow. That comment hit me like a ton of bricks. Not in a bad way- but, as hard as it may be to believe, in all the time that i have thought of him as a terrific person and hot guy (since ive been obsessed), i have NEVER thought of him as being a father. The thought never entered my mind. I have no idea why. You just kinda put a little light above my head there and its dizzying. I think he would be an incredible father and thruthfully, the thought of him having a kid brings a happy tear to my eye. His kid would be SO lucky. The image of Aragorn swinging his and Arwen's kid pops into my mind except its olri and its a little boy with dark brown curls. I hafta go and contemplate Orlando being a father...
Old July 19th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Ancalime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Lady
The fact that Orlando is so firmly grounded is part of his charm. He could have become a jerk after all the attention he's received for his film roles and his growing popularity among the general population. But he hasn't and that is so very endearing. He's very real indeed.

Amen!
This is why I'm so crazy about the guy!

Oh these reports are absolutely wonderful. I just love reading them. And they're all coming from smalltown, America.

Across from that funeral home, just walking over across the street and talking to those people! And having homemade ice cream with a lady's grandkids! Remembered that little girl and called her "Marisa with one 'S'"!! I'm sitting here with the biggest grin on my face.
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:09 AM
arwen_undomiel

yeah it's so sweet;]]
Ah..i wish i could meet him, but i live in Poland, well..but maybe if i will movve to London next hollidays i will meet him..
This girl <Melisa> must be soo sweet ... i just can imagine this situation;]
if it comoes to Sidi...i luuv this doggie! I love all animals, im volontarier and really, when i see animals. especially diggies, im going crazy;D
Old July 20th, 2004, 05:20 AM
In Valinor

Sarah wrote to me about her meeting Orlando in Versailles on the last day of shooting (July 19th) and sent me photos. Sarah writes:
Quote:
Elf Lady,

I've always enjoyed catching the latest Orlando Bloom
news. Thanks for sharing all of the great images and
downloads. I live in Kentucky and I'm still in shock
that I actually got to meet Orlando Bloom today, July
19th.

Orlando was in Versailles, KY for the last day of
filming at the Clark Funeral home. Next they are
going to Elizabethtown. Orlando graciously came out
and signed autographs for all of the fans waiting
outside. He's even more gorgeous in person and was so
incredibly nice. It was extremely hard to get any
pictures but I got at least one decent shot of him and
another picture of Sidi watching Orlando sign
autographs.

Hope you find these useful.

Sarah
These are Sarah's photos, the first if Orlando at the Clark Funeral home and the second is a cute pic of Orlando with Sidi watching him. Many thanks to Sarah!

Cross posted to Pictures Forum

Last edited by Elf Lady; July 20th, 2004 at 05:26 AM.
Old July 20th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Paulie

wow
i'm speechless
i wanna meet Orlando so badly now that i read the story of the two little girls
they are soo lucky

and sarah was lucky too
Old July 20th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Carysm

Oh, thanks to Elf Lady and Sarah for posting!!! Both pictures are incredible, Sarah you are a lucky girl!! Congratulations!

I love Orlando´s smile, and his perfect profile, and his dog is so lovely like him! Beautiful, beautiful pics!
Old July 20th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Angel_of_the_West

Aww, Sarah that is so great that you got that close to him and got some nice shots of him. It's so cute with Siti watching him! Bless, so adorable! Thanks so much for sharing your story and pics with us

Angel
Old July 20th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Elf

Awww thanks EL and Sarah! Beautiful pictures, I absolutely love his dog! and him no doubt. Its awesome you met him today! *does happy dance*

~*Elf*~
Old July 20th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Trojan Queen

Well, I AM a hairdresser and believe me, just the thought Orlando lying in my shampoo bowl makes my stomach do flip-flops! You know what I mean?
I just have to share this. EVERY time I shampoo my two daughters (24 and 14), I have the urge to lean down and kiss them! (Of course, I always give in to this urge!) They just look so sweet and vulnerable lying there. ANYWAY, (now that I'm through with my "mom" moment) there would be NO WAY I could contain myself if I looked down on that beautiful sweet face of his! I'd just have to plant one on him!

Off to dream land
Trojan Queen
Old July 20th, 2004, 11:46 PM
SherinaSue

Oh, How sweet is this man!?? And that little MArisa sounds like my 8 year old, she would tell him like it is too! She would probably say, "I'm glad you shaved, you were too scruffy, and stop smoking, it's bad for you." Katie's as honest as they come! Must be an 8 year old trait.
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:18 AM
Pervy Picture Handler

I just found this rather strange story at OBF:

Quote:
Elizabethtown Sightings
(*I make no guarantees on the genuineness of fan encounters, as I cannot prove or disprove them)
From Athena: My father works as a police Officer in Kentucky and has been working over time as security for Orlando Bloom and Orlando is the nicest guy he was very chatty with my Pop and he asked my father about his side arm and was really interested in it and said his cousin took him shooting and he shot a SIG-Sauer P-226 and really enjoyed it but he said that the gun laws in the UK wouldn't allow him to have one plus he didn't feel safe having one in his house. My father asked where he lived in the United Kingdom cause we have family in Cornwall and Orlando told him he lived out of his suitcase and that him and his dogs are homeless and countryless!! He was also talking about cars, which he knew a lot about. They talked about baseball and Orlando said that he hates baseball and when he went to a game he fell asleep. My father and all the other officers working with on the detail couldn't believe how nice he was he is just a normal kind of guy no movie star behavior and is really funny and knows tons of dirty jokes which makes my father and his buddies crack up.

Well, I personally think the *-comment on garantees and genuineness should be taken very seriously!!

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old July 21st, 2004, 12:39 AM
Elf

Yea Naz, I saw that on OBF too.

~*Elf*~
Old July 21st, 2004, 02:30 AM
Bewitched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Queen
I just have to share this. EVERY time I shampoo my two daughters (24 and 14), I have the urge to lean down and kiss them! (Of course, I always give in to this urge!) They just look so sweet and vulnerable lying there. ANYWAY, (now that I'm through with my "mom" moment) there would be NO WAY I could contain myself if I looked down on that beautiful sweet face of his!

I can relate to this, Trojan Queen! I'm a massage therapist... retired now. The final part of my session was always the head and face massage. More times than I care to admit, I've had that urge ... there's something about someone trusting you enough to hold their head in your hands that elicits a loving, caring feeling. I have to confess, I've imagined my Sunshine Kid in that place and my hands in those curls.
Old July 21st, 2004, 07:08 AM
Ancalime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Queen
Well, I AM a hairdresser and believe me, just the thought Orlando lying in my shampoo bowl makes my stomach do flip-flops! You know what I mean?
There would be NO WAY I could contain myself if I looked down on that beautiful sweet face of his! I'd just have to plant one on him!

Off to dream land
Trojan Queen
I think I can perfectly understand how you feel, TQ!!
Old July 21st, 2004, 09:47 AM
At First Sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalime
I think I can perfectly understand how you feel, TQ!!
You and me and the rest of us-poor Orlando would'nt get a chance to draw a breath!

Last edited by Aniviel; July 21st, 2004 at 09:50 AM.
Old July 21st, 2004, 10:01 PM
Elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazgul88
I just found this rather strange story at OBF:

Well, I personally think the *-comment on garantees and genuineness should be taken very seriously!!

~ Naz ~

I'm curious... why do you think that this one should not be taken seriously when others are? I have seen so many reports and most of them have seemed pretty reliable, but then there are others that do not. This doesn't jump out at me as being one that would be false. The only thing that seems off is the 'homeless' comment.
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:02 PM
OrlandosRiverRat

Quote:
I'm curious... why do you think that this one should not be taken seriously when others are? I have seen so many reports and most of them have seemed pretty reliable, but then there are others that do not. This doesn't jump out at me as being one that would be false. The only thing that seems off is the 'homeless' comment.
Don't know about anyone else, but the fact Sarah said something made ME stop and wonder. I'm not saying I necessarily believe it's made up; at the very least, it's mega interesting reading about Orlando addressing topics with fans/strangers he's never addressed before, ya know? Guns, not ever being at his flat, and baseball....interesting, for sure.
Old July 21st, 2004, 11:43 PM
altogirl

Quote:
Yes, I was also curious as to what was found strange about this particular report. As Elements said, nothing really jumped out at me as being improbable.