Go Back   Orlando Love > Orlando Love > TV/Video Appearances

Old April 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Country Girl

Regis and Kelly

Orlando will be on Regis and Kelly Wednesday April 27th to talk about Sympathy for Delicious.
Old April 15th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thanks Parkgirl !

I'm gonna have a lot of TV to watch XD
Old April 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Posted by Miranda Kerr 11 minutes ago:
Old April 26th, 2011, 03:15 PM
northstar

MirandaKerr Miranda Kerr
Sorry guys we didn't realize it was a prerecord! Tune in tomorrow to see Orlando on Regis and Kelly!!!
2 hours ago
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thanks May and North !

I think I don't have that channel, I hope there is gonna be someone to record or to watch it lol
Old April 27th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Passionately Enthralled

*keeps a weather eye on youtube*

Old April 27th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Preview of the episode, nothing new though:
https://www.facebook.com/LIVEwithReg...53471&comments
Old April 27th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Human News Ticker

From the Regis and Kelly twitter

Old April 27th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Frecklescounter

Thanks, IC!
I was able to record the show (havn't watched it yet) and will post a download link and caps later.

Ava, Icon & Sig by me
OPQA & CU No. 1 to Helen
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Orlando's Shadow King

I saw it! It was so adorable the way he talked about where Flynn's name came from and such. The clip they showed of Sympathy for Delicious makes me jealous because it isn't in wide release!

And of course, not like I blame her, Kelly had to flirt with Orlando, especially when it was mentioned that Stain performs shirtless.
Old April 27th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Human News Ticker

A little bit about the interview to tide us over until the clip is online

Babble

Quote:
Orlando Bloom on Naming Baby Flynn, Being a Hands on Dad, Live with Regis and Kelly

Orlando Bloom stopped by Live with Regis and Kelly to talk about his latest project, “Sympathy for Delicious,” and dish on being a new daddy!

During his interview, Regis Philbin asked Orlando Bloom how they came to name the baby Flynn. Turns out, Orlando and his wife, Miranda Kerr, thought they were having a girl and were intent to name her Evelyn, after his grandmother, who had passed away when Flynn was conceived.

The surprise of a boy threw them for a loop, but they settled on Flynn – which has a bit of the Evelyn sound to it.

As for fatherhood, Orlando Bloom says he’s really a hands on dad.

“I’m doing the diapers… I’m rocking him, I’m bouncing him,” Bloom said, adding that he likes to “get up first thing in the morning” to spend time with the baby.

Regis asks if Flynn smiles when he sees Orlando.

Bloom explains that he does and that “He’s been very alert, right from the get-go.”

Orlando is one proud papa!
Old April 27th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thank you, IC!

A sad thing to get to know this way his granny died just then... still my deepest condolences about that. I remember she was with him on the KoH premiere in London.

On the other hand, we now know how the little cutie-pie came to his name.

Although - on different sites I visited I read that Evelyn could also be considered a male name...

Quote:
Of German roots, Evelyn is an English variant of Aveline. Aveline is itself related to Ava, Medieval short form of Germanic names beginning with the element "avi", of unknown meaning, possibly "desired".

It can also be considered a cognate of Eve and Lyn - then of Hebrew origin. There is a possible relation with the Gaelic 'eiblin' ('pleasant') as well.

The medieval name seems to have been used only by women, but it gave rise to a surname that was turned into a masculine given name as early as the 17th century. Evelyn is today used primarily by women, but it was common enough as a boys' name just a generation ago.

An example of it as a surname is the gardener and diarist John Evelyn. Novelist Evelyn Waugh is a famous male bearer, and Pre-Raphaelite painter Evelyn De Morgan is a female bearer.

In the 20th century, Evelyn was most popular in the 1910s and 20s. Recently it has been resurging.

source
A wee bit too unusual though for today's conditions , thus Flynn was definitely the better choice.
Old April 27th, 2011, 02:33 PM
chronicler of Ibelin

Location: Germany - some miles northwest of Hamburg - but in my mind I'm living at Ibelin, Port Royal...
Oh, Beri, what would we do, if we not had you and the explanations you deliver to us! Thank you!

What man is man, who doesn't make the world better?

Balian of Ibelin
Old April 27th, 2011, 02:50 PM
northstar

Was this his nan that he had been especially close to? Maybe if they have another baby, and its a girl, they would name her Evelyn. Kind of a cute name.
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Orlando's bit of the Regis and Kelly show is up at youtube - you can download the clip as .avi here and in .wmv version here.

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old April 27th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thanks May, IC and Naz !

He's so cute when he talks about his cutie-pie. That is so making something inside me strangely XD I thought Flynn was a actor name or something lol A great thing, it cool to have a signification to our name. In my case, my dad only loved it XD
Old April 27th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Orlando's Shadow King

I love how Orlando was convinced it was a girl and then it was a boy, so Flynn!

He is so adorable talking about Flynn! I especially liked it when he talked about what he does with him and one day playing with his Legolas dolls.

I wish they showed the clip on Youtube, though. I love how they talked about The Good Doctor and Three Musketeers as well.

And of course, Kelly had to mention that she likes Orlando shirtless as Stain. Course, I can't blame her.