Go Back   Orlando Love > Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction > Pirates of the Caribbean

Old January 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

POTC:World's End

*graphics created by Krazymoonkat

Pirates of the Caribbean: World’s End

Chapter 1: Singing

A change was blowing in the wind. Across the seas, the wind blew against every mother’s son that called himself pirate. Cutler Beckett and his East India Trading Company now had the wind on their side. With Governor Swann’s authority, Beckett spread a reign of terror by imprisoning every man and woman for acts of piracy. Port Royal was bleak and dismal when Beckett had his prisoners face the gallows. Usually, a plethora of citizens turn out to watch a pirate hanging. Now that same plethora was facing the fate of a pirate and only Beckett and his men watched. Lieutenant Groves, Beckett’s second in command, gave out the new orders as Beckett’s prisoners were sentenced to hang. As he did so, the East India Trading Company flag waved furiously and loomed over like a dark cloud.

“In order to bring order to the deteriorating conditions, a new law shall be in effect for protection of these territories. By His Majesty’s representative, Lord Cutler Beckett, the following are to be condoned,” Groves announced, “Right to assembly, suspended. Right to habeas corpus, suspended. Right to legal counsel, suspended. Right to trail by a jury of peers, suspended.”

With every announcement, the people met their doom. In groups of seven, they died on the gallows. The women wept, while the men showed no emotion. The hangman showed no remorse each time he pulled the ominous lever. The bodies of the martyrs were then pilfered of their possessions and piled high on a horse-drawn cart.

“And by decree, all persons convicted of piracy, associating with a person convicted of piracy, or aiding a person convicted of piracy, shall be hanged by the neck until dead,” Groves continued.

Six men and women clambered up the gallows. The seventh victim was a boy of no more than twelve years. He was unafraid, but he trembled as he gazed at a piece of eight in his hand. With one last act of defiance, the boy began to sing:

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed

And bound her in her bones

The seas be ours, and by the powers

Where we will we’ll roam

As the boy was placed atop a barrel to reach the noose, one pirate sang quietly:

Yo, ho…all hands…hoist the colours high

Soon everyone on the gallows was singing.

Heave ho, thieves and beggars

Never shall we die!

After that every prisoner sang loud and impudently.

Yo, ho! Haul together!

Hoist the Colours high!

Heave ho, thieves and beggars,

Never shall we die!

Lieutenant Groves reported to Beckett. “Lord Beckett!” he called urgently, “They’ve started to sing, sir”

Beckett grinned smugly. He knew there would be a fight back, and that was what he wanted. “Finally,” he said wickedly as the hangman sealed the fates of those on the gallows.

Meanwhile, on the waters of Singapore, a small boat with two women paddled along. One woman was a tall woman with golden brown hair. It was no other than Elizabeth Swann. The accomplice was of dark beauty and could only be Guinevere Parris. The two women sang as they rowed:

Some have died, and some are alive

And others sail on the sea

With the king in the cage, and the Devil to pay,

We lay to Fiddler’s Green!

The bell has been raised from its watery grave

Do you here its sepulchral tone?

We’re call to all, pay heed the squall

And turn your sails toward home!

Yo ho, haul together!

Hoist the colours high!

Heave ho-

“Thief and beggar! Never say we die,” interrupted a gruff Singaporean, “A dangerous song to be singing. Particularly for women ignorant of its meaning. Particularly to women alone.”

“What makes ye think they’re alone, Tai Huang?” asked a weathered voice that could only be Captain Barbossa.

“”You protect them?” Tai Huang asked.

In a flash, Guinevere and Elizabeth held their weapons on him.

“What makes you think we need protecting?” Elizabeth asked.

“Looks to me like you need protection,” Guinevere commented.

“Your master is expectin us, and an unnecessary death casts a pall on our arrival,” Barbossa declared.

Guinevere and Elizabeth released Tai Huang. Suddenly, East India Trading Company men passed by. Tai Huang was forced to lead them.

“Follow me,” he beckoned.

Without another word, Elizabeth, Guinevere, and Barbossa hurried off into the city of Singapore.

“Any news of Will?” Elizabeth asked.

“No, and I’m beginning to wonder what’s taking so long,” Guinevere replied, “But I trust he will acquire the charts as he agreed. If not, then you’ll see what happens when we find him.”

“And I trust both of you to remember your places in the presence of Captain Sao Feng,” Barbossa added.

“Could he really be that terrifying?” Elizabeth asked slyly.

“He’s much like meself with the absence of my sense of mercy and fair-play,” Barbossa explained.

“Well, in that case, we had better stay on his good side,” Guinevere commented, “For Will to succeed, we must do our part.”

As Guinevere said this, she began to worry about Will. He’d be gone all night and there was no word on his status.

Will, please have those bloody charts,” Guinevere thought to herself, Please stay out of trouble. Just this once.

Last edited by mirkwoodelfchick; March 11th, 2009 at 04:07 AM. Reason: to give graphics credit
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Krazy for the Elf

Quote:
“He’s much like meself with the absence of my sense of mercy and fair-play,”
That has to be one of my favorite lines in the whole movie! I'm so glad that you put it in. It really shows us some of Barbossa's character.

Great chapter!
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymoonkat View Post
That has to be one of my favorite lines in the whole movie! I'm so glad that you put it in. It really shows us some of Barbossa's character.

Great chapter!

Told you you wouldn't be disappointed!
Old February 1st, 2009, 03:02 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

Chapter 2: Charts, A Ship, and a Crew

Guinevere, Elizabeth, and Barbossa were lead by Tai Huang into the exotic city of Singapore. The deeper into the city, the shadier everyone looked. Guinevere looked around at concubines and dirty, drunken men.

“Reminds me of Tortuga,” she commented.

“I think this place makes Tortuga look tame,” Elizabeth replied as the group hurried along.

Finally, the group arrived at a sign that read: Sao Feng’s Bathhouse. Tai Huang gave a short knock on the door, and a slot slipped open.

“Hoi!” Tai Huang said quickly.

The door immediately opened, and Guinevere, Elizabeth, and Barbossa followed Tai Huang. Before they could proceed any further, Tai Huang had them remove their weapons. Barbossa removed his guns; Guinevere and Elizabeth, their guns and knives. However, Tai Huang stopped them from moving on.

“Do you think because they are women we would not suspect them of treachery?” he asked.

“Well, when you put it that way,” Barbossa said in agreement.

“Remove,” Tai Huang said sternly.

Guinevere and Elizabeth both rolled their eyes and removed their outer garments. Underneath were a plethora of knives, bombs, and guns. Barbossa and Tai Huang watched, dumbfounded. Elizabeth paused a minute, then pulled out a large gun from her boot.

Impressive, Guinevere thought, Now watch this.

Guinevere then pulled out a knife, a bomb, and small pistols from under her shirt! Both women gave a small nod when they finished. Before they could continue, Tai Huang stopped them yet again.

“Remove…please,” he said slyly as his smile and gaze trailed downward.

Guinevere and Will looked down at their pants, and both were about to slap Tai Huang. However, they had no choice but to comply. Both removed their pants, leaving them in robes of green-blue and deep purple. At long last, the group was lead to the main room of the bathhouse. There, a tall, bald, bearded man turned to face them.

“Captain Barbossa, welcome to Singapore,” he greeted, “More steam.”

Lian, one of Feng’s concubines, pulled a leather rope. Below, Pintel, Ragetti, Rose, and company had sneaked and overtaken the attendant. Quickly, Rose pulled a rope which released more steam into the bathhouse. Sao Feng took in the steam before speaking again.

“I understand you have a request to make of me,” he inquired.

“More of a proposal. I’m underway and I need a ship and a crew,” Barbossa said.

Sao Feng wrinkled his brow and stroked his head. “Iss an odd coincidence,” he said as if remembering something long ago.

“Because you happen to have a ship you don’t need?” Elizabeth asked brightly.

“Earlier this morning, a thief came into the temple of my most beloved uncle with the same purpose,” Sao Feng explained pulling out a long roll of parchment, “He tried to make off with these. The navigational charts to the farthest gate. Would you find it amazing to be lead to a world beyond this one?”

“It would strain credulity at that,” Barbossa agreed.

Sao Feng signaled his men with his eyes and a sneer. Barbossa, Guinevere, and Elizabeth turned to see bound hands struggling underwater.

Uh-oh, Guinevere commented, I don’t like the look of this.

Suddenly, the prisoner emerged from the water, coughing and sputtering. The prisoner was no one but Will. Guinevere slapped her palm to her face.

Will, you big lunkhead! You’re supposed to get the charts, not get caught! she said to herself.

“This is the thief,” Sao Feng explained, “His face familiar to you?”

Guinevere, Elizabeth and Barbossa shook their heads. Sao Feng pulled out a fid.

“Then I guess he has no need for it,” he declared before attempting to make a work out of Will.

Both Guinevere and Elizabeth shrieked. Sao Feng was mad with rage.

“You enter my city and betray my hospitality,” he declared angrily.

“Sao Feng, I can assure you that we did not think-” Barbossa said calmly.

“That he would get caught!” Sao Feng bellowed, “You attempt a journey to Davy Jones’s Locker. I cannot help but wondah, why?”

“Captain Jack Sparrow,” Will said quickly, “He’s one of the nine pirate lords.”

Sao Feng’s blood boiled. “The only reason I would want Jack Sparrow brought back from the Land of the Dead, is so I can send him there MYSELF!” he said furiously.

Barbossa tossed Sao Feng a piece of eight. “The song has been song. The time is upon us,” he said grimly, “We must convene the Brethren Court. As one of the nine pirate lords, you must honor the call.”

“There’s a price on all our heads, it’s true,” Sao Feng said, “Seems the only way a pirate can make his way in the world is by betraying other pirates. The first Brethren Court gave us rule of the seas. That is now challenged by the East India Trading Company. Against the East India Trading Company, what is the Brethren’s value? What can any of us do?”

“You can fight!” Elizabeth said furiously, “You are Sao Feng the pirate lord of Singapore. Would you have that era come to an end on your watch? The most notorious pirates are uniting against our enemy, and you sit here cowering in your bathwater!”

Sao Feng approached Elizabeth. “Elizabeth Swann,” he breathed, “There is more about you that meets the eye, and the eye does not go wanting.”

Will struggled against his bonds. Sao Feng leaned in closer to Elizabeth.

“I think that’s far enough, Sao Feng.” Guinevere said.

Barbossa faced Sao Feng. “Jack Sparrow holds one of the nine pieces of eight. He failed to pass it on to a successor before he was taken. So we must get him back,” he said urgently.

Just then, Sao Feng noticed a dragon tattoo melting on one of the men in the bathhouse. “So you have deceived me?” he asked, “Weapons!”

Sao Feng’s men sprang out, ready for battle.

“Sao Feng, I assure ye, our intentions are strictly honorable,” Barbossa said calmly.

Then, swords sprang up from below, and the three caught them. Sao Feng grabbed the tattooed man.

“Drop your weapons, or I kill the man!” he demanded.

“Kill him, he’s not our man!” Barbossa said nonchalantly.

“If he’s not with you, and he’s not with us, who’s he with?” Will asked.

Suddenly, guards of the East India Trading Company burst through the door! Will quickly freed himself of his bonds, and Elizabeth tossed him a sword. Will and Guinevere fought back to back, with Guinevere using double swords against two foes. The chaos flowed out into the city. Mr. Copper, Beckett’s right-hand man, fired, aiming for Elizabeth. Will shoved her out of the way just before the bullet could hit her and instead killed Lian, the concubine. Park, the twin, tried to avenge Lian, but she was quickly killed. Below, the crew of the Pearl and Rose and Juliet poured out into the city, battling their way. Meanwhile, Will battled with guards until Sao Feng slammed him against the wall with a knife to his throat.

“Iss an odd coincidence that the East India Trading Company finds me here the day you show up in Singapore,” he said crossly.

“It’s coincidence only,” Will countered, “To make a deal with Beckett, you need what I offer.”

“You cross Sparrow. You cross Barbossa. Why should I expect better?” Sao Feng demanded.

“My goddaughter is in danger,” Will explained, “I need the Pearl to free my father. You’re helping me get it.”

At the docks, Rose and Barbossa were fighting their way when they were outnumbered. Jack the Monkey lit a fuse which exploded, engulfing the guards.

“Thank you, Jack!” Rose and Barbossa said.

“Thank you, Jack!” squawked Cotton’s parrot.

At last, the group was reunited.

“D’ya have the charts?” Barbossa asked as Will appeared.

“Even better,” Will said, tossing Barbossa the charts, “A ship and a crew.”

Barbossa hurried aboard the new ship. Elizabeth lingered a moment.

“Come, Elizabeth, Guin, Rose,” Will beckoned as he lead them to the ship.

“Wait,” Guinevere said, “Rose, where’s Juliet?”

Rose opened her coat so Guinevere could see the wide-eyed baby safe and sound. Guinevere took her daughter in her arms and sang a soft lullaby:

Heure de dormir maintenant, bébé
Heure de rêver maintenant, bébé
Coffre-fort dans des mes bras doux
Coffre-fort dans votre sommeil doux
Fermer vos jolis yeux
Rêver maintenant, le petit
Sommeil maintenant, bébé.
Quand vous vous réveillez, j'attendrai
et ainsi vos rêves jusqu'à ce que vous vous réunissiez encore

Instantly, Juliet yawned and dozed off to sleep. Guinevere kissed her daughter’s head as if it were for the last time. Will did the same.

“Take care of here,” Guinevere said gently, “I know you will.”

“Don’t worry, Guin,” Rose reassured her friend, “She’ll be safe with me. I promise.”

“I will await you at Shipwreck Cove,” Guinevere declared.

“You have my word,” Rose said confidently.

Carefully as to not wake Juliet, the friends embraced before turning away.

“Singing always calms her to sleep,” Guinevere said tearfully.

“Why Shipwreck Cove?” Will wanted to know.

“You know as well as I do that this journey will be perilous,” Guinevere told him, “We don’t know the perils that await, and I will not have my daughter face them.”

Will placed a consoling arm around Guinevere. “Don’t worry,” he soothed, “I’m sure she’ll be safe and waiting for her mum to return with her father.”

Guinevere smiled. “Yes. Her father,” she said brightly.

Together, the friends boarded the ship The Hai Peng.

Last edited by mirkwoodelfchick; March 11th, 2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old February 13th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Orlando's Shadow King

Chapter 3: To At World’s End

After two days, the Hai Peng and its crew were traveling through an icy wasteland. Pintel was incensed as he shivered.

“Nobody said anything about cold!” he complained.

“I’m sure there must be a reason for our suffering,” Ragetti said hopefully.

“Why don’t that old bay woman just bring Jack back like Barbossa?” Pintel demanded.

“Becahs Barbossa was only dead,” Tia Dalma explained, “Jack Sparrow is teekahn to a place not of death, but punishment. The worst fate any man could ‘ave. That’s what awaits at Davy Jones’s Lockah.”

“I knew there was a good reason,” Ragetti said after a moment.

Guinevere overheard what Tia Dalma had said. Knowing Jack could be suffering made her shiver violently despite a change of clothes and a blanket. After hearing what had been said, Guinevere approached Tia Dalma.

“Do you think he’s suffering?” she asked.

“Davy Jones ‘as become a monstah,” Tia Dalma declared glumly, “One can only hope witty Jack can endure the Lockah.”

Guinevere’s heart froze with the rest of her. “I see,” she said, holding back tears.

“Dere is hope, bonny Guinevere,” Tia Dalma reassured her, “If Jack’s cause was hopeless, we wouldn’t be here.”

Guinevere nodded and sat at the down. Guinevere let a tear slide down her cheek. She knew the man she loved was suffering, and she had to leave her daughter after just reuniting with her. Will noticed her distress as he sat down next to her.

“What is it?” he asked gently.

“I’m fine, Will,” Guinevere reassured him.

“Guin, you’re shivering something fierce.”

“That’s because it’s cold. I believe every human does that.”

“I meant more fiercely than any of us. You’re troubled. I can see it in your eyes. Is it because of Juliet?”

Guinevere nodded. “I just found her, and I had to let her go.”

Will put his arm around her. “She’ll be fine, Guin.”

“It’s not Juliet, it’s me. What if we don’t survive this trip? I may never see her again!”

“You will see her again. Something tells me there’s more to this than Juliet.”

“Jack is in the Locker. He suffers.”

“We will get him back, Guin. I promise.”

Will kissed Guinevere’s head. “Here. I made this for Juliet. I never got a chance to give it to her. It’s only fitting that you do.”

Will placed a wooden toy horse in Guinevere’s hand.

“Thank you,” Guinevere said.

Will turned his glance to Elizabeth. He had his worries about her. Ever since Jack was taken, things weren’t the same. Elizabeth would barely speak to him. When Will would try and speak to her, she’d find a way out of the conversation. Will knew he loved her, but he was certain she had different feelings. Feelings that could only be for Jack. Tenderly, Will rose and laid a blanket over Elizabeth.

“Are you all right?” Will asked quietly.

“I’m fine,” Elizabeth reassured him.

“I’m beginning to worry about Guin,” Will told her, “She’s been in such a melancholy. First with Jack, and now with Juliet.”

Elizabeth bowed her head. She hated to see Guinevere suffering at what she had done. “I’m sorry,” Elizabeth apologized, “I will talk to her.”

Elizabeth vacated her seat and sat with Guinevere, giving her words of comfort. Will could not feel comfort. Elizabeth avoided him, and he didn’t know why. He wished there was something he could do, but what could he do? Will decided that he would leave Elizabeth with her thoughts.

Will rose and began to pour over the charts. The riddles in the circular map were perplexing.

“Over the edge, and over again,” Will read, “Sunrise sets, flash of green.”

Will took the charts and showed them to Barbossa. “Do you care to interpret?” he inquired.

“Ever gazed upon the green flash, Mr. Gibbs?” Barbossa asked.

“I reckon I seen my fair share,” Gibbs replied, “It happens on rare occasion. At the last glimpse of sunset, a green flash of light shoots up into the sky. Some go their whole lives without seeing it, some claim to have seen it that ain't. Some say...”

“It signals when a soul comes back from the dead!” Pintel interrupted.

Everyone stared at Pintel. “Sorry,” he said sheepishly.

“Trust me, Mr. Turner; it’s not getting to the land of the dead that’s hard. It’s getting back,” Barbossa told Will.

The Hai Peng proceeded steadily into the darkness of a wall of ice and on the way to World’s End.

Meanwhile, aboard the Endeavor, Copper reported back to Beckett.

“Nine pieces of eight, you say?” Beckett inquired.

“Our friend in Singapore was very specific. Nine pieces,” Copper replied.

“What is the significance?” Beckett wanted to know.

“It doesn’t matter. With the armada and the Dutchman, there’s nothing that they can hold,” Copper said indifferently.

“Nothing we know of,” Beckett corrected, “Where are the Brethren meeting?”

“He wouldn’t say,” Mercer answered.

Just then, Norrington, looking very pleased in his uniform, entered with Lucia.

“Ahh, Admiral and the lady,” Beckett greeted.

“You summoned us, my lord?” Norrington said.

“Any news on the fugitives?” Lucia asked brightly.

“The fugitives were last seen in Singapore,” Beckett told Lucia, “Admiral, there’s something for you there. You’ve acquired it with your new station.”

On Beckett’s table laid a long box. Norrington opened the box and took out his old sword.

“Nice sword,” Lucia commented, “Made by Will Turner Jr.? The whelp had talent.”

Governor Swann looked distressed as he signed paper after paper.

“Not more requisition orders!” he groaned.

“No, sir. Executions,” corrected a guard.

“The Brethren know they face extinction,” Beckett declared, “All that remains now is where they will make their final stand.”

Last edited by mirkwoodelfchick; March 11th, 2009 at 04:08 AM.
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Orlando's Shadow King

Chapter 4: Over the Edge

Davy Jones sat at his organ. His music box played a slow, sad tune. A tear fell from his blue eyes. His sad moment didn’t last long. He could sense his heart on the ship. Beckett was calling him. On the deck of the Endeavor, Beckett looked out and inspected the damage of a shipwreck. There were no survivors.

“Bloody Hell, what is there left?” he complained.

“Jones is a loose cannon, sir,” Copper replied.

“Fetch the chest,” Beckett commanded.

“The Governor has been asking questions about the heart,” Copper informed Beckett.

“Does he know?” Beckett asked.

Copper said nothing. Beckett knew what that meant.

“Then perhaps his usefulness has run its course,” he declared.

Copper, a few guards, and Swann rowed to the Flying Dutchman. Jones stormed up to the deck, furious.

“Go! All of you!” he cried, “And take that infernal thing with you! I’ll not have it on my ship!”

“Well, I’m sorry to hear that cause I will,” Beckett argued, “Because it seems to be the only way to ensure that this ship do as directed by the company. We need prisoners to interrogate, which tends to work best when they're alive.”

“The Dutchman sails as its captain commands,” Davy declared.

“And its captain is to sail as commanded,” Beckett countered, “I thought you would have learned that when I ordered you to kill your pet. This is no longer your world, Jones. The immaterial has become...immaterial.”

Beckett strutted off, leaving his men with their guns on the heart. Meanwhile, the Hai Peng was beyond the ice and night had fallen. The stars shone brightly overhead and glimmered in the sea. Elizabeth stared on the sea until Will approached her.

“How long until we actually speak to each other?” he asked grimly.

Elizabeth didn’t want to hurt Will like this, but she didn’t know how to talk to him after sacrificing Jack. Before she could confront Will, she had to find Jack.

“Once we find Jack everything will be fine,” she told Will.

A lump formed in Will’s throat. He didn’t let it show. “Then we find Jack,” he declared.

He and Elizabeth gazed into each other’s eyes. There was so much they wanted to say, but none had the heart to tell.

“We find Jack,” Elizabeth repeated before she walked away.

Will shivered in the night’s cool air. He felt so isolated from the one he truly loved. He knew something was troubling Elizabeth, but he didn’t know what. He only knew that Elizabeth needed Jack. If it was Jack she wanted, he would help her.

“Trouble in paradise?” questioned a voice.

Will turned to see Guinevere standing behind him. “Guin, were you eavesdropping?” he asked.

“What’s the point in eavesdropping? I can clearly see what’s going on between you two,” Guinevere countered, “I know you, Will. Something’s troubling you. You and Elizabeth are barely speaking. What’s going on?”

“I don’t really know either, Guin,” Will replied, “Elizabeth has been acting so strangely after Jack was lost. She wept over him. She…she kissed him. I’m beginning to feel distant from her. I-I’m feel her heart is not with me anymore.”

“Where could else could her heart lie if not you?” Guinevere questioned.

“Guin, you were there. You saw it,” Will told her, “Elizabeth doesn’t just want to save Jack because he’s gone. She wants him back because…because she loves him.”

Guinevere’s brow wrinkled and her eyes widened. “Wait a minute,” she said in shock, “You think that Elizabeth is only rescuing Jack because she loves him?”

“Yes. What other motive could she have?” Will replied, annoyed.

Guinevere’s eyes watered, her lips quivered, and suddenly she burst out in helpless, giddy laughter! Guinevere laughed so hard tears streamed down her face and her sides became sore.

“Guinevere Mary Christine Parris!” Will gasped, “How can you laugh at this? I was being serious!”

“I-I-I’m s-s-sorry, Will!” Guinevere apologized as she tried to recover from her laughter, “That is the most hilarious thing you’ve ever said!”

“How’s that hilarious?” Will asked indignantly, “My fiancée loves someone else!”

“It’s hilarious because it’s absolutely absurd,” Guinevere told him, “Elizabeth loves you and you alone. You two were meant to be together. If that’s not true, then my name isn’t Guin Parris. You only think she loves Jack because your eyes and your head tell you that. But what does your heart tell you?

Will paused. “I know I always have a place in her heart,” he said grimly.

“See,” Guinevere gloated, “And tell me, Will; why would Elizabeth risk so much if she didn’t love you? She broke out of prison, for you.She trusted Jack, for you.Most importantly, she risked her neck for youIf that’ s not love, I don’t know what is.”

Will flushed. “You advise me on my feelings for Elizabeth, but what about your feelings for Jack?” he asked.

Guinevere paused. “I suppose I will find out at the end of the world,” she declared, “But I’m not giving up on Jack. You shouldn’t give up on Elizabeth either.”

Guinevere left Will with Tia Dalma. “For what we want most, dere is a price to be paid in de end,” she told him.

Will raced up to Barbossa. “Barbossa! Ahead!” he cried.

“Aye, we’re good and lost now,” Barbossa declared.

“Lost?” Elizabeth asked.

“You led us astray?” Guinevere demanded.

“For certain you have to be lost to find a place that cannot be found,” Barbossa told them.

“We’re gaining speed!” Gibbs said urgently.

“To stations! All hands, to stations! Hard to port, gather way!” Will cried.

“Move!” Guinevere cried.

“Nay, belay that!” Barbossa said, “Let her run straight and true!”

Ragetti looked over the side to see a huge waterfall. “Blimey!” he gasped.

“Mary, Mother of God!” Guinevere gasped.

“You’ve doomed us all!” Elizabeth said accusingly.

“Don’t be so unkind,” Barbossa told her, “You may not survive this pass again, and these are the last friendly words you’ll hear.”

Tia Dalma threw her crab legs on the table and recited an incantation, “Malfaiteur en Tombeau, Crocher l'Esplanade, Dans l'Fond d'l'eau!”

“Hard to port!” Elizabeth cried.

The Hai Peng was keeling over. Everyone braced themselves.

“HOLD ON!” Will cried.

Barbossa laughed without fear. Guinevere held onto Will’s hand until her knuckles turned white, and Elizabeth held onto Will for protection. The Hai Peng tipped over and fell into darkness.

Last edited by mirkwoodelfchick; March 11th, 2009 at 04:08 AM.
Old March 17th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Blackpearl77

Wow Guin! I'm forever over at the graphics theads but I should pop down here more often this is amazing!
Old March 17th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl77 View Post
Wow Guin! I'm forever over at the graphics theads but I should pop down here more often this is amazing!
Thank you!
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Orlando's Shadow King

Chapter 5: The Locker

A nose sniffed its way on a table. That nose could only have belonged to Captain Jack Sparrow. Jack fastened a napkin around his neck and prepared to eat a peanut with a fork. Suddenly, POW! Jack fell over to reveal the real Captain Jack Sparrow!

“My peanut,” he said triumphantly before eating the peanut, “All hands slackened braces!”

“All hands slackened braces!” cried every replica of Jack aboard the Pearl. While in the Locker, Jack was forced to confront every nuance of his personality. And it wasn’t just him he was forced to face.

“Jack! Jack,” a woman’s voice called.

Jack turned to see Guinevere facing him. “I love you, Jack,” she professed, “I love you.”

Jack scurried away from the specter. He then approached a version of himself fixing a tack line. “Mr. Sparrow, what do think is the state of this tack line?” he questioned.

“Looks fine by my eye, Captain,” the replica said sheepishly.

Jack shook the rope. “Proper?” he demanded, “It is neither proper nor suitable, sir, it is neither acceptable nor adequate. It is in obvious fact, an abomination.”

“Begging your pardon, sir,” the replica pleaded, “Perhaps you should give the men another chance.”

Jack’s eyes flashed. “Shall I?” he asked before stabbing the replica, “That’s the exact thinking that landed us here in the first place. Gentlemen, we have lost speed and therefore time, precious time, which cannot be regained once lost. Do you understand? ”

“Aye!” the Jacks shouted.

The Jack replica fell dead, while the other lay there motionless. “Help,” pleaded the napkined Jack.

Jack scurried about the ship. “It’ll all have to be redone. Everything!” he said mindlessly, “Doldrums sir, has the whole crew on edge. I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you feculent maggots. And no patience to pretend otherwise. Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness!”

With that, Jack swung down from the Pearl. His feet landed on rough sand. That’s all the Locker was. A desert stretching on for miles. Jack licked his finger. “No wind,” he said to himself, “Of course there’s no bloody wind. Not a lick! Yes, I know but why would he do that? Cause he’s a lummox, isn’t he? Well, you know what I say to that? We’re having a magnificent garden party and you’re not invited!”

Jack then came upon a strange rock. He picked it up and tested it with his tongue. It was obviously worthless, so Jack skipped it like a stone on water. When Jack turned around, the rock was back in its proper place.

“Brilliant,” Jack groaned, “Now we’re being followed by rocks.”

Jack then saw a rope and pulled. Jack pulled and pulled the Pearl, but it wouldn’t move. The rocks Jack noticed were not rocks at all. Instead, they were hermit crabs! Right before Jack’s eyes, the crabs began to sail the Black Pearl through the sand. Jack made a wild chase after his vessel. At the same time, the Hai Peng’s crew had just washed up on shore. All were in awe of what they saw.

“My God!” Guinevere gasped, “Where’s Jack? He must be here! Where is he?”

Elizabeth scanned the surroundings. “I don’t see Jack anywhere,” she said, “I don’t see anyone.”

Guinevere jumped in front of Tia Dalma. “You led us here to get Jack back, now where is he?!” she demanded desperately.

“Calm yourself, Miss Parris,” Barbossa told her, “Jack is here. Davy Jones never gave up this way.”

“Does it matter? We’re trapped here by your doing!” Will said indignantly.

Tia Dalma picked up a crab and smiled. “Witty Jack is closah den you tink,” she declared.

Just as she spoke, Pintel pointed to the distance. “Boat,” he said with a lack of words.

The Black Pearl sailed through the sand with no one but Captain Jack Sparrow at its helm! Everyone watched in shock and awe as the Pearl splashed into the sea.

“Slap me thrice and hand me to momma! It’s Jack!” exclaimed Gibbs.

Guinevere smiled as brightly as she did when she first laid eyes on Juliet. Elizabeth smiled too. Jack strutted up to shore.

“Mr. Gibbs!” he called, “There’s a lack of discipline aboard my vessel, why is that?”

“Cap’n,” Gibbs said, “You’re in the Locker, Jack.”

“I know that,” Jack said quickly, “I know where I am.”

“Jack Sparrow,” Barbossa called.

“Ah, Hector!” Jack exclaimed, “Been too long eh?

“Aye, the Isla de Muerta. Ye shot me, remember?” Barbossa asked.

“No I didn’t,” Jack said lightly, “Ah, Tia Dalma out and about!”

“He thinks we’re an illusion,” Will said wisely

“William, do you need help with a certain damsel in distress, or rather distressing damsel?” Jack asked.

“No,” Will replied.

“Then you can’t be here,” Jack declared, “Q. E. D., you’re not really here!”

“Jack,” Elizabeth called, “It’s us. We’re really here.”

“I’m here, Jack,” Guinevere told him.

Jack winced and turned to Gibbs. “The Locker, eh?” he said.

Jack strutted off with the others following behind.

“Jack! The world needs you back something fierce!” Gibbs declared.

“Beckett has the heart!” Will said urgently.

“He’s taking over the seas!” Elizabeth added.

“He’ll come after our child, Jack! So will Lucia!” Guinevere told him.

“We must meet the Brethren Court,” declared Barbossa.

“I leave you people alone for one minute and now everything’s gone to plot!” Jack gasped.

“We came to rescue you, Jack,” Guinevere told him.

“Well, since I have a ship, and you don’t, looks like you need rescuing,” Jack countered.

“I see my ship,” said Barbossa, pointing to the sea.

“Can’t see it,” Jack said, “Must be that speck behind the Pearl.”

“You need a crew,” Will told him.

“Why should I sail with any of you?” Jack demanded, “Five of you have tried to kill me in the past, and one of you sent me to my doom.”

Guinevere and Will gazed in shock at Elizabeth, who said nothing.

“Ah, so she’s not told you,” Jack said knowingly, “You’ll have lots to talk about while you’re here. And as for you…”

Tia Dalma gave Jack a sultry smile. “Don’ tell me ya din’ enjie id’ all de time,” she said.

“Fine,” Jack said reluctantly, “You scare me. Mr. Gibbs. Marty, Cotton, Mr. Cotton’s parrot, whom at least I can talk to. Who are you?”

“Tai Huang. These are my men,” Tai Huang told him.

“Where do your allegiances lie?” Jack questioned.

“With the highest bidder,” Tai Huang replied.

“I have a ship,” Jack told him.

“That makes you the highest bidder,” Tai Huang said with a smile.

“Weigh anchor!” Jack ordered, “Make way to sail!”

Jack whipped out his compass as everyone boarded the Black Pearl.

“Which way ye goin’, Jack?” Barbossa asked, fingering the charts.

Jack closed his compass and boarded his ship. Will leaned over the rail of the Pearl. All of what he knew whizzed through his mind. He couldn’t believe that Elizabeth would keep something such as this from him. What had he done? He knew she didn’t love Jack, but did she still love him? Will couldn’t think of any reasons why Elizabeth kept a secret.

“Might I counsel you?” Guinevere asked, as she stood behind Will.

“Must you always be my counsel on matters that don’t concern you?” Will asked, irked.

Immediately, Will regretted what he said. Guinevere’s face was stoic, but he knew he just said something terrible.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized.

“Nothing to forgive,” Guinevere told him, “If you must know, I am your counsel on everything. I am older and wiser than you, Will.”

“We’re the same age, Guin,” Will told her.

“I know, but I’ve been through more than you have, and I was born before you. Besides, you need my counsel so you don’t do anything stupid, like give up,” Guinevere said gently, “Your matter with Elizabeth does concern me. You’re my best friend, and I love Elizabeth. I can’t just sit here and watch as you two torture yourselves. Look, I know what it’s like to feel hurt by love, but you’ve got to put the past behind you. If you dwell on the secret Elizabeth kept, you’ll never move on. Besides, we both have a second chance. I have my chance with Jack again, and you have yours with Elizabeth. If I were you, I’d take advantage of it. Talk to Elizabeth. A lack of it is what landed you in this mess, and it is what you need to set things right. It’s a start, and it’s the smart thing to do.”

“What will you do about Jack?” Will asked as he turned away.

“I will do exactly as you’re about to do,” Guinevere replied.

Will sighed and headed below decks. Elizabeth sat on the steps, staring out into space. Her eyes were wet, and Will shivered. Quietly, Will approached her.

“You left Jack to the Kraken?” he asked.

“He’s rescued now. It’s done with,” Elizabeth said.

Will turned away. Elizabeth quickly spoke up.

“Will, I had no choice!” she said pleadingly.

“You chose not to tell me,” Will told her.

“I couldn’t!” Elizabeth protested, “It wasn’t your burden to bear. You didn’t do it. I couldn’t bear it if you knew.”

Will stared Elizabeth in her eyes. “But I did bear it, didn’t I? I didn’t know what it was. I thought-” he said grimly.

“You thought I loved him,” Elizabeth interrupted before attempting to run.

Will caught her and backed her against the wall. “We make our choices together,” he said firmly, “If you continue to make your choices alone, how are we to survive?”

Elizabeth could say nothing. She bolted out upstairs, leaving Will alone.

Meanwhile, Guinevere faced Jack. He hadn’t really noticed her since arriving at the Locker.

“How long do you think you can avoid me, Jack?” she wanted to know.

Jack turned to face her. “It seems not for long,” he replied.

“I always thought you were good at running away,” Guinevere commented, “But I can’t let you run this time. I saw what happened before you were taken.”

“You weren’t the only one, then,” Jack replied nonchalantly.

“I know Elizabeth has no feelings for you, but what do you feel for her? Rather, do you feel anything for me?” Guinevere asked poignantly.

“I’ve always enjoyed your company, love,” Jack replied warmly.

“But do you love me?” Guinevere asked, tears in her eyes.

Jack was silent. Guinevere took a deep breath and nodded. “When I said your heart wasn’t broken, I still had hope that I had a place in it. Now I suppose I was right and the one with the broken heart,” she said solemnly.
Old April 11th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Blackpearl77

Wow Guin! I can't Wait to read the next installment!
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Orlando's Shadow King

BlackPearl77: Thank you very much! Here's your wish granted!

Chapter 6: Up is Down

After her discussion with Jack, Guinevere retired below decks. Feeling stretched and exhausted, she lay down on a hammock and dozed off to sleep. Suddenly, Guinevere found herself not on the Pearl, but on the Flying Dutchman in the middle of a battle.

What’s going on here? she thought to herself.

She and Elizabeth lay defenseless with Davy Jones closing in on Will at with a sword at his throat.

“Tell me, William Turner; do you fear death?” Jones demanded.

“Do you?” Jack asked.

Guinevere and Elizabeth smiled gladly as Jack held the heart at sword point.

“Heady tonic, holding the life and death in the palm of one’s hand,” Jack commented.

“You’re a cruel man, Jack Sparrow,” Jones snarled.

“Cruel is a manner of perspective,” Jack replied.

“Is it?” Jones asked.

Suddenly, Davy Jones whirled and plunged his blade into Will’s chest!

“NO!” Elizabeth and Guinevere shouted.

Will cried out in agony as Jones twisted his sword, doing more damage than he’d already done.

“Will?” Guinevere gasped, “Stay with me. You’re all right. Take my hand and stay with me!”

Guinevere futilely took Will’s weak hand in hers. Will gazed at her and Elizabeth before his grip on Guinevere’s hand slackened, and his beautiful eyes closed.

“No, no, NO!” Guinevere and Elizabeth shrieked.

“Will, please! Don’t go! Stay! DON’T GO, WILL!” Guinevere shrieked.

“No, Will, don’t! WILL!” Guinevere wailed as she sprang awake and into Will’s embrace.

Guinevere held him tightly. “Will, you’re safe,” she sighed.

“Shhh…Guin, it was just a nightmare,” Will reassured her, “Tell me what you dreamt.”

Guinevere swallowed hard. “We were all laying defenseless against Jones, you, Elizabeth, and I,” she recalled, “Jones was about to kill you when Jack had the heart. Without warning, Jones then stabbed you!”

Will stroked her cheek. “It was just a nightmare,” Will soothed her, “I’m fine. I’m not going anywhere. Come, perhaps you need some air.”

Will led Guinevere out to the deck where they sat down together. Will looked awful, and Guinevere took notice. “You spoke to Elizabeth?” Guinevere asked.

“How could you tell?” Will wanted to know

“Because you look like you’re attending her funeral,” replied Guinevere, “I’m sorry, Will. You must not give up on her. You know she loves you.”

“What about you and Jack?” Will inquired.

“He didn’t tell me he loves me,” Guinevere told him, “But I know he’s hiding. He’s not his proper self. I will wait for him. I can’t give up. He’s the only man I’ll ever love and I need him. More importantly, Juliet needs him.”

Meanwhile, Jack and Barbossa went about the ship giving orders.

“Trim that sail!” shouted Barbossa.

“Trim that sail!” repeated Jack.

“Slack windward brace and sheets!” commanded Barbossa.

“Slack windward brace and sheets!” reiterated Jack.

“Haul the pallet line!” Barbossa said.

“Haul the pallet line!” Jack echoed.

“What ARE ye doin’?” Barbossa demanded.

“What are you doing?” replied Jack.

“No, what ARE ye doin’?”

“What are you doing?

“No, what ARE ye doin?!”

“What are you doing? Captain gives orders,” Jack replied.

“The captain of the ship is givin’ orders!” corrected Barbossa.

“My ship. Makes me Captain,” Jack argued.

“They be my charts!” Barbossa replied.

“Well, that makes you…chart man,” Jack declared.

“Shut it! The both of you! For all our sakes, that’s an ORDER!” shouted Guinevere.

Barbossa and Jack stared at her, perplexed.

“Sorry,” Guinevere said sheepishly, “You two were getting on my nerves. Thought I’d settle the whole captain issue.”

Barbossa and Jack ambled off.

“You’ve got my vote,” Will declared.

Later that night, Ragetti jumped out of his skin when he saw something in the water. There were bodies floating in the water.

“Eerie,” Pintel said, “That’s downright macabre!”

“Wonder what would happen if you dropped a cannonball on one of em?” Ragetti suggested.

Laughing mischievously, the two grabbed a cannonball to be tossed over. Tia Dalma’s stern gaze stopped them. Pintel dropped the cannonball.

“Be downright disrespectful, it would,” he declared.

“Dey should be in de care of Davy Jones!” Tia Dalma said ruefully, “Dat was de duty he was charged with by de goddess Calypso. To ferry the souls of dose who die at sea. And every ten years, him could come ashore to be wid’ she who love him, truly. But he ‘as become a monster.”

“So he wasn’t always…tentacly?” Ragetti asked, wiggling his fingers under his chin.

“No. Him was a man…once,” Tia Dalma replied.

Ragetti looked out to the distance. “Now there’s boats coming,” he said.

On the sea, boats of people lost at sea floated by. Gibbs cocked his gun, but Will stopped him.

“They’re not a threat to us. Am I right?” Will declared.

“We are like ghosts to dem,” Tia Dalma told him.

“It’s best to just let them be,” Barbossa declared.

Suddenly, Governor Swann floated by. Elizabeth was elated.

“It’s my father. We’ve made it back!” she said happily, “Father! Father, here! Look here!”

“Elizabeth,” Jack said, “We’re not back.”

Will was about to place a consoling hand on Elizabeth before she moved away.

“Father!” she called.

“Elizabeth. Are you dead?” Swann asked.

“No,” Elizabeth said.

“I think I am,” Swann told her grimly.

“No, no you can’t be!” Elizabeth protested.

“There was this chest, you see. And a heart. At the time it seemed so important.”

“Come aboard!”

“I learned that if you stab the heart, yours must take its place. Silly thing to die for.”

“A touch of destiny,” whispered Tia Dalma to Will.

Someone, cast a line!” Elizabeth commanded.

Elizabeth grabbed a line from Marty and tossed it to Swann.

“Take the line!”

“I’m so proud of you, Elizabeth.”

“Father, THE LINE! TAKE THE LINE!”

In her madness, Elizabeth ran towards the helm of the ship.

“She mus’ nod leave de ship!” Tia Dalma warned them.

“Father! Please come with us!” Elizabeth screamed.

“I’ll give your love to your mother, shall I?” Swann said before he disappeared.

Will yanked Elizabeth from the edge of the ship. “Elizabeth!” he said as he cradled a weeping Elizabeth in his arms.

Guinevere embraced Elizabeth.

“Is there a way?” Will wanted to know.

Tia Dalma shook her head. “Him at peace,” she said glumly.

The following morning, another day in the land of the dead was driving the crew mad.

“Why is all but the rum gone?” wondered Pintel.

“Rum’s gone, too,” Gibbs added, “With no water, forever seems to be mite to soon.”

Will sat by a sullen Elizabeth and a consoling Guinevere.

“You’re father would not want you to suffer. Cheer up, mate,” Guinevere said gently, “Remember what Tia Dalma said. He’s at peace. He’s not suffering. You’ll see him again. He’s always with you.”

“Elizabeth, if you need anything, I’m right here,” Will said thoughtfully.

“Thank you. Both of you,” Elizabeth said gratefully.

Guinevere and Will left her alone. Will stood next to Tia Dalma.

“If we cannot escape these doldrums by nightfall, I fear we shall remain trapped here. Doomed to travel between worlds. Forever,” she said gloomily.

“Why doesn’t he do something?” Will demanded.

“What’s the use?” Gibbs wanted to know.

“The use is that one of us has a baby girl waiting and wants to be with said child!” Guinevere told him.

“Over the edge,” Gibbs recalled, “It’s drivin’ me over the edge!”

Jack poured over the charts. “Up is down,” he read, “Well, that’s just maddeningly unhelpful! Why are these things never clear?”

Clear as mud, Jacky, replied Jack’s thoughts, Stab the heart.

Don't stab the heart, protested Jack’s thoughts.
“Come again?” Jack asked.
The Dutchman must have a captain, Jack’s thoughts told him.
“Well that's more than less than unhelpful.”Jack groaned.
Sail the seas forever, said one of Jack’s thoughts enticingly.

“I love the sea!” Jack brightened.
What about port?
“I prefer rum. Rum's good.”
Making port? Where we can get rum, and salty wenches, once every ten years.
What did he say?
“Once every ten years.”
Ten years is a long time, mate. But eternity is longer still.
“Even longer given the deficit of rum.”
And how will you be spending it? Dead? Or not? The immortal Captain Sparrow.

“Oh, I like that!”
Come sunset it won't matter.
“Not sunset, sundown...and rise. Up!”

Jack raced over to the edge of the ship. “What’s that?” he cried.

“What’s what?” Will asked.

“What is that?” Jack asked, “I don’t know, what do you think?”

Jack ran to the other side of the ship. “Oh!” he cried.

Elizabeth and Tia Dalma joined in as Jack dashed from side to side. “What is it?” Elizabeth asked.

“He’s rocking the ship!” Guinevere commented.

Barbossa glanced at the charts. “Aye, he’s on to it!” he cheered.

Barbossa then gave the orders to unleash the guns for when the ship tipped over. Pintel and Ragetti then tied themselves against the mast upside down so they’d be right side up. With everyone’s help, the Black Pearl swayed back and forth until it tipped. Everyone held on for dear life. One unlucky sailor fell and was smashed by the cannons.

“I’d hate to be in his shoes, or what’s left of them,” Guinevere commented.

“Now up…is down,” Jack said as the ship plunged into the sea.

Just as the ship reached the water, Will was pulled backwards after losing his footing. Luckily, he was able to cling on to the rigging if not Elizabeth’s or Guinevere’s hand. POOF! The green flash shone on the ocean. Steadily and quickly, the Black Pearl rose up and back over the sea. Everyone coughed and sputtered. Guinevere checked if Will and Elizabeth were all right. Then, she stood up and gasped.

“Mary, Mother of God!” she gasped, “We’re back!”
Old May 13th, 2009, 03:27 AM
sadie1155

WOW!! I am just now getting around to checking the stories on here out...and this is my first one and so far.....

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I love the lines from the movie you are using and I also LOVE the insertion of a love interest for Jack ......keep it coming...I am hooked!!!
Old June 2nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Krazy for the Elf

You are doing a great job blending in the addws characters, Guin.

*sitting on my hands* Trying not to add in my rave reviews of the chapters I just read to make more banners.

Exciting stuff coming up, everyone! I'll say no more.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 03:47 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

Thank you to my readers! Here's Chapter 7!
*graphics made by Krazymoonkat*

Chapter 7: Captain Turner

Elizabeth looked out to the horizon in disbelief. “It’s a sunrise!” she gasped. Everyone breathed a sign of relief to be back in the living world and safe. However, there was a lack of trust between everyone on the ship. Suddenly, Barbossa pointed his pistol between Jack’s eyes. Guinevere fixed her pistol on Barbossa in response. Will did the same, so Jack pointed a pistol at Elizabeth, who glared at him. Gibbs fixed his gun on Will and a second on Elizabeth, who held a gun on Jack and Gibbs. Jack, the monkey, pointed a miniature pistol at Mr. Cotton’s parrot.

“Awwk! Parley?” squawked the parrot.

Pintel struggled against the ropes that bound him and Ragetti to the mast. “We need our pistols! Get untied. Hurry!” he commanded.

With everyone at gunpoint, Barbossa chuckled. His laughter was echoed by everyone else as they dropped their pistols. A second later, everyone’s pistols were aimed and ready.

“All right, then!” Barbossa said soberly, “The Brethren is a’gatherin. Jack, you and I are goin’ and there’ll be no arguing that point.”

“I is arguing that,” Jack countered, “If there’s pirates gathering, I’m turning my ship the other way, mate.”

Elizabeth pointed both guns on Jack. “The pirates are gathering and you’re a pirate!” she told him.

“Fight or not, you’re not running, Jack,” Will added.

“If we don’t stand together, Beckett will kill us all, one by one,” Barbossa said wisely, “Til’ there be none left but you, Jack.”

“I kinda like the sound of that,” Jack said brightly, “Captain Jack Sparrow, The Last Pirate of the Caribbean.”

“Aye and you’ll be left to fight Jones alone. How does that figure into your plan?” Barbossa asked.

“I’m still working on that part, mate. But I will not be going back to the Locker. Count on that,” Jack replied.

Jack fired his pistol and instead of a bullet, water squirted Barbossa in the face! Everyone’s pistol was jammed!

“Wet powder!” Gibbs groaned.

Pintel and Ragetti had just gotten untied when everyone gave up on shooting each other.

“We can still use them as clubs!” Pintel said brightly, knowing he missed the argument.

“If I may say, if we must stand together, then we better start now than later,” Guinevere advised, “If we’re going to go to the Brethren Court, we better start playing nicely.”

“Fine,” Will and Elizabeth agreed.

Jack and Barbossa nodded in concurrence.

“Good,” Guinevere said, “Now for the first order of business, we need to replenish our water. Will, the charts.”

Will sat down and unrolled the charts. “There’s an island just south of here. We can find fresh water and go back to shooting each other later,” he declared.

“Well, Sparrow can go ashore. I’ll not be leaving my ship in his hands,” Barbossa said.

“And I’ll not have my ship in the hands of Barbossa,” Jack protested.

“Why don’t you both go ashore, and leave the ship in my command,” Will suggested.

Barbossa and Jack gave Will a death stare.

“Temporarily,” Will added.

“Aye,” Barbossa agreed, “Drop anchor and prepare to go ashore!”

Barbossa, Pintel, Ragetti, Marty, Tai Huang, and Jack rowed ashore to the black sanded island. There, they found the most amazing site.

“Odd spodkins!” Ragetti exclaimed.

“Crimeny!” Pintel gasped.

Sprawled on the beach was the body of the legendary Kraken.

“Pintel and Ragetti, Kraken slayers!” Pintel cheered, “Stupid fish!”

“Actually, it’s a cephalopod!” Ragetti corrected.

Jack and Barbossa approached the beast somberly.

“Hello, Beastie,” Jack whispered lightheartedly.

“Still thinkin’ about running, Jack? Think you can outrun the world?” Barbossa asked pointedly, “The problem with being the last of anything is that by and by, there be none left at all.”

Jack gave a hopeful smile. “Sometimes things come back, mate. You and I are living proof of that,” he said brightly.

“Aye, that’s a gamble in the odds isn’t it?” Barbossa said wisely, “There’s never a guarantee of coming back, but passing on, that’s dead certain.”

“Summoning the Brethren Court then, is it?”

“It’s our only hope.”

Jack frowned. “That’s a sad commentary in and of itself.”

Barbossa nodded. “The world used to be a bigger place.”

“The world’s still the same. There’s just less in it.”

Jack and Barbossa gave one last glance at the fallen beast before moving on to find water. At the spring, they discovered a body. Barbossa tested the water and spat it out.

“Poisoned. Fouled by the body,” he said shortly.

“I know him! He was in Singapore!” Pintel said brightly.

“Awwk, Singapore!” squawked Cotton’s parrot.

“Oi, we’ve got company!” Pintel said anxiously.

Jack and Barbossa looked out in the horizon to see a junk and an East India Trading Company ship. When they turned back, Tai Huang and his men had their guns between their eyes.

“He’s Captain,” Jack said quickly, pointing at Barbossa.

Barbossa rolled his eyes as he and the others were taken back to the Black Pearl at gunpoint. Aboard the Pearl, Sao Feng had everyone in shackles. Elizabeth and Guinevere both panicked to find that Will was not with them.

“Where’s Will?” Elizabeth asked anxiously.

“I don’t know, but if Sao Feng or Tete de Seau have hurt him, they’ll face the fury like Hell hath no from a woman scorned,” Guinevere told her.

Elizabeth gave a slight smile. Guinevere had read her mind. “Agreed. Couldn’t have said it better myself,” she declared.

Sao Feng approached and smiled at Elizabeth and then fixed his gaze on Guinevere.

“And who might you be?” he asked of Guinevere.

“I’m Guinevere Parris,” she said firmly.

“I am told that you were involved with Jack Sparrow and produced a child with him,” Sao Feng told her.

“What’s your point?” Guinevere spat.

“Jack Sparrow paid me great insult. Iss only fair dat I return the favor,” Sao Feng said with a smirk.

Sao Feng signaled his men and they snatched a struggling Guinevere away. Immediately, they began to touch her all over her body as Guinevere punched and kicked them.

“Get off me, you dirty little vultures!” Guinevere screamed.

“Ah, a feisty one. This will be amusing!” Sao Feng said wickedly.

Sao Feng’s men continued to violate Guinevere as she screamed and fought. Finally, Guinevere stomped on the foot of one of her captors and wriggled free. Before she could make a run for it, Sao Feng gripped her throat.

“I’m curious. After escaping my men, what did you plan on doing next?” he questioned.

“Wh-What do you think?” Guinevere said defiantly.

Sao Feng dropped Guinevere and pushed her back into the waiting arms of his men. Guinevere continued to fight them as Jack, Barbossa, and the others arrived.

“Sao Feng, the chances of you showin’ up here tis a remarkable coincidence!” Barbossa said slyly.

Jack peeked out from behind Barbossa and hid after glancing Sao Feng.

“Jack Sparrow, you paid me great insult once,” he growled.

“That doesn’t sound like me at all,” Jack said sheepishly.

Enraged, Sao Feng punched Jack in the nose. Jack staggered.

“Fortunately, I am returning the favor,” Sao Feng said with a smirk.

He moved so that Jack could see his men harassing Guinevere.

Jack shuddered. “Shall we call it square, then?” he asked, hoping to save Guinevere.

Suddenly, Guinevere bit one of Sao Feng’s men. In retaliation, one of Sao Feng’s men immediately held a knife to her throat. Just before he could have his way with her, Will appeared.

“Release Elizabeth and Guinevere! Let them go now!” he commanded.

“You heard Captain Turner,” Sao Feng told his laughing men, “Release them!”

“Captain?” Barbossa asked incredulously.

“Aye, the perfidious rotter led a mutiny against us,” Gibbs replied.

“What?” Guinevere gasped.

“No, I need the Pearl to free my father. It’s the only reason I came on this voyage,” Will corrected.

Guinevere and Elizabeth could do nothing but gape.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were planning this?” Elizabeth asked in surprise.

Will bowed his head. “It was my burden to bear,” he said ruefully.

Guinevere and Elizabeth could say nothing. Both of them didn’t understand why Will couldn’t tell them and why he’d keep his plan a secret.

“Will, we were planning to help your father. This is our burden. You’re as close to flesh and blood to me as Juliet is. Elizabeth is your true love. Why couldn’t you tell us?” Guinevere asked, crestfallen.

Will couldn’t look at Guinevere. He remembered her promise to him on the Pearl and was ashamed. “My father is my responsibility. I chose to save him from Jones, and so I will. You can’t help me, Guin. Neither can you, Elizabeth. It is my burden to bear,” Will said shamefully.

Guinevere and Elizabeth looked at Will with shock. Both women were deeply discouraged that Will hadn’t sought to trust them with his plan. No one spoke until Jack piped up.

“He needs the Pearl!” he said, taken aback, “Captain Turner needs the Black Pearl. And you felt guilty. And you with your Brethren Court. And what about you and our child? Is there anybody here who came to save me just because they missed me?”

Guinevere’s hand flew up in the air, followed by Pintel, Ragetti, Gibbs, Marty, and Jack the Monkey.

Jack grinned. “I’ll just go and stand with them,” he declared.

Sao Feng grabbed him by the neck. “Sorry, Jack, but it seems there’s an old friend waiting for you,” he said in sarcasm.

“I don’t think I can stand anymore visits from old friends,” Jack replied with a grimace.

Instantly, he was snatched and taken to the Endeavor.

Sao Feng then approached Guinevere. “And Guinevere, it seems you have a visitor here, too,” he declared.

It was then that Lucia appeared. She strutted forward and punched Guinevere in the face. “Glad to see you, Guin,” she said sarcastically.

“Feelings mutual,” Guinevere groaned as she recovered from the blow.

Lucia laughed maniacally. “Glad to see you still have your wits about you,” she chortled, “Makes it better so you can die with dignity.”

Lucia unsheathed a knife and pressed it against Guinevere’s throat. “Since we’re friends turned foes, I’ll do you a favor and kill you nice and slow,” she said darkly.

“No!” Will and Elizabeth gasped.

Lucia swatted them and fixed on Guinevere. Guinevere did not flinch.

“Lucia, you don’t want to be doing this, mate,” she warned.

“No, I believe I do,” Lucia corrected her.

“Suit yourself, but the truth dies with me,” Guinevere replied.

Lucia didn’t want to stop now, but her curiosity overwhelmed her. “Why don’t I want to kill you?” she asked reluctantly.

It was then that Barbossa stepped forward to face Lucia. Lucia froze and gazed into his eyes. She knew they were the same as hers.

“Father?” Lucia gasped.

“Lucia. It’s been to long,” Barbossa told her.

“But…Isla de Muerta. Jack shot you and Turner Jr. broke the curse.”

“Aye, but now I’m back and what’s done is done.”

Slowly, Lucia removed the knife from Guinevere’s throat. Meanwhile, Jack was taken to Beckett’s quarters.

Beckett’s sneer greeted him. “I’m curious, Jack. Your friends seem quite desperate. Perhaps they no longer believe that a gathering of squabbling pirates is enough to take down the Flying Dutchman. And so despair leads to betrayal,” Beckett declared, “And you and I are no strangers to betrayal, am I correct?”

Jack snooped every crook and nanny in Beckett’s office.

“It’s not here, Jack,” Beckett told him.

“What’s not here?” Jack replied.

“The heart of Davy Jones. It’s safe aboard the Flying Dutchman so that you may not satisfy your debt with the good captain.”

“That debt was already settled.”

“By your death? And here you are.”

“Just close your eyes and pretend it’s all a bad dream. That’s how I get by.”

“And if Jones were to learn of your survival?”

On the Black Pearl, Sao Feng spoke with Mr. Copper.

“My men are crew enough,” he declared.

“Company ship, company crew,” Copper corrected him.

Will was outraged as he faced Sao Feng. “You agreed that the Black Pearl was to be mine!” he protested.

“And so it was,” Sao Feng countered.

With a signal to his men, Will was walloped in the belly and he was chained along with Elizabeth, Guin, and the others except for Lucia and Barbossa. It wasn’t long after that Sao Feng was double-crossed by Copper, who intended to take the Pearl for the Company.

Barbossa stepped forward. “Shame they’re not bound to the honor of the Brethren, isn’t it?” he commented.

“There’s no honor in the losing side. Leaving it for the winning side, that’s just good business,” Sao Feng said gruffly.

“The losing side, you say?”

“They have the Flying Dutchman and now the Pearl!”

“We have Calypso.”

“Humph. Calypso an old legend.”

“No, bound in human form we have her. To do so I’ll need the members of the Brethren. All of the Brethren.”

Sao Feng smiled. “What are you proposing, Captain?”

“What be accepted, Captain?”

“The girl.”

Elizabeth was taken aback. “What?” she gasped.

“No, Elizabeth is with us,” Guinevere protested.

“Elizabeth is not part of any bargain!” Will added.

“Out of the question,” Barbossa declared.

“It was not a question,” Sao Feng said firmly.

Elizabeth had no choice. “Done,” she said immediately.

“Elizabeth, no!” Guinevere gasped.

“Not done!” Will protested.

“You got us into this. If this is what frees us, then done!” Elizabeth declared.

“Elizabeth, they’re pirates,” Will said, trying to persuade her.

“I’ve had more than enough experience dealing with pirates!” Elizabeth countered.

“Elizabeth, you can’t!” Guinevere protested futilely.

“Then we have a deal?” Barbossa inquired.

With one last glance at Will, Elizabeth boarded Sao Feng’s junk, The Empress.

Meanwhile, Jack and Beckett negotiated in his office.

“Perhaps you would consider an alternate arrangement, one that requires absolutely nothing from you but information,” Beckett suggested, offering Jack some wine.

“Regarding the Brethren Court, no doubt?” Jack inquired, “In exchange for fair compensation, square my debt with Jones, guarantee my freedom?”
“Of course. It's just good business.”
“Were I in a divulgatory mood, what then might I divulge?”
“Everything. Where are they meeting? Who are the pirate lords? What is the purpose of the nine pieces of eight?”
Jack then began to use his persuasive side. “You can keep Barbossa, the belligerent homunculus and his friend with the wooden eye both, and Turner...especially Turner. The rest go with me aboard the Pearl, and I will lead you to Shipwreck Cove, where I will hand you the pirates and you will NOT hand me to Jones. Bloody fair deal, don't you think?”

“And what becomes of Miss Swann?”

“What interest is she to you?”

Beckett gave no reply.

“Yeah, she goes with me, too,” Jack replied.

“Jack! I've just recalled, I have this wonderful compass which points to whatever I want. So for what do I need you?” Beckett demanded.

“It points to what you want most, and that's not the Brethren Court, is it?”

“Then what is?”

“Me…dead.”

Beckett pulled out a hidden pistol. “Although if I kill you, then I can use the compass to find...Shipwreck Cove, was it? Cut out the middleman, as it were.”

Jack continued to persuade Beckett. “With me killed, you'd arrive at Shipwreck Cove, find its stronghold nigh impregnable, able to withstand blockade for years, and then you'd wish, "Oh, if only there were someone I had not killed inside to assure that the pirates then come outside..."”

“And you can accomplish all this, can you?”

Jack grinned triumphantly. “You may kill me, but you may never insult me. Who am I?”

Beckett gave no reply.

“I’m Captain Jack Sparrow.”

Suddenly, the Endeavor was blasted by cannonade!

Jack shook Beckett’s hand and scurried up to the deck. There, Beckett watched as Jack prepared to launch himself to the Pearl by a gun.

“”You’re mad!” he commented.

“Thank goodness for that! If I weren’t this would probably never work!” Jack replied.

The gun exploded and Jack was sent flying to the Black Pearl. The crew scanned the water to see if he landed, and there they found Jack perched atop the statue at the helm.

“And that was without a single drop of rum,” Jack commented.

Will and Lucia were grabbed by Pintel and Ragetti. Jack stepped toe to toe with Will and Lucia. “Send this pestilent traitorous cow hearted yeasty codpiece to the brig. And the charming assassin, too,” Jack commanded.

Without a word, Lucia and Will were taken to the brig. Meanwhile, Beckett gave orders for the Dutchman to follow Sao Feng, and he was to follow the Pearl.

“How soon can we be ready to pursue?” Beckett asked one of his men.

Suddenly, the mast came crashing down.

Beckett’s lieutenant was in awe. “Do you think he plans it all out, or just makes it up as he goes along?” he wondered aloud.
Old June 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Krazy for the Elf

Keep it coming, Guin. It will be interesting to see how Lucia's roll changes now that she knows her father is alive.
Old June 12th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

Thanks, Kat! Here's more!

Chapter 8: Captain Swann and a Betrayal

Elizabeth gazed all around her aboard the Empress. She had no idea what Sao Feng wanted with her, but she was intent on finding out. Two of Sao Feng’s concubines entered the Captain’s quarters and took her behind a dressing screen. Elizabeth silently changed into silky Singaporean garb with a shimmering hat. Elizabeth and the concubines finished dressing just as Sao Feng entered. In his native tongue, Sao Feng ordered the women to leave. The women bowed and vacated the room, leaving Elizabeth with Sao Feng. Sao Feng dipped his hands in a bowl of water.

“By dis time tomorrow, we will arrive at Shipwreck Cove and you will be free,” Sao Feng told her, “Calypso.”

Elizabeth was dumbfounded. Free? she thought to herself.

“Excuse me?” Elizabeth asked.

“Not the name you have chosen, but it is what we call you,” Sao Feng replied with a smile.

“We being who?” Elizabeth wanted to know.

“You confirm it,” Sao Feng declared.

“Confirm what? You’ve told me nothing,” Elizabeth demanded.

“The Brethren Court, not I, but the First Brethren Court, whose decision I would’ve opposed, bound you to human form so the rule of the seas would belong to men and not-” Sao Feng explained.

“To me,” Elizabeth finished, catching on to Sao Feng.

Sao Feng nodded. “But one such as you should never be anything less than what you are,” he whispered fervently.

Elizabeth scoffed. “Pretty speech from a captor,” she said icily, “but words spoken through prison bars lose their charm.”

“Can I be blamed for my efforts?” Sao Feng asked, “All men are drawn to the sea, perilous as though it may be.”

“And some men offer desire as justification for their crimes,” Elizabeth countered.

“I simply offer my desire,” Sao Feng told her.

“And in return?” Elizabeth asked dubiously.

“I shall have your gifts, should you choose to give them,” Sao Feng replied.

Elizabeth took a step forward. “And if I should choose…not?” she countered.

Sao Feng’s eyes blazed. “Then I will take…your fury!” he declared lustily.

Suddenly, Sao Feng snatched Elizabeth and forced her into a kiss. Elizabeth fought and shoved Sao Feng away. Sao Feng was just about to have his way with her again when cannon fire tore through the quarters! Elizabeth ducked for cover. Sao Feng was not so fortunate. When Elizabeth rose, she saw Sao Feng lying helpless against a cupboard with debris piercing his body.

“Come, please,” Sao Feng begged.

Elizabeth knelt by the dying captain. “With all nine pieces of eight, you will be free,” he told her, taking off his jade pendant, “Take it! You are Captain now. Go in my place to Shipwreck Cove.”

Elizabeth’s eyes widened. “Me?” she gasped.

Tai Huang burst in the quarters. “Captain, they’ve taken the ship! We cannot-” he cried, but words failed him as he watched his captain die.

Sao Feng pulled Elizabeth close. “Forgive me…Calypso,” he begged with his last breath.

Elizabeth rose, clutching the pendant in shock.

“What did he tell you?” Tai Huang demanded.

“He made me Captain,” Elizabeth replied.

The chaos outside drove Elizabeth and Tai Huang to the quarterdeck. Instantly, they were grabbed by two East India Trading Company men and held at sword point.

“You are not my captain!” Tai Huang declared stubbornly as he struggled.

Elizabeth then heard a familiar voice call her name. She turned to find Norrington on the boat deck.

“James! James!” she gasped as she struggled free of her captor to greet Norrington.

Elizabeth’s glee was halted as she slowly descended the stairs. Norrington embraced her tightly.

“Thank God you’re alive,” he gasped, “Your father will be overjoyed to know you’re safe.”

Elizabeth backed away from Norrington. “My father’s dead,” she told him coldly.

Norrington’s brow furrowed. “No, he returned to England,” he protested.

Elizabeth glanced at Norrington’s new East India Trading Company colors. Beckett’s colors.

“Did Beckett tell you that?” she asked icily.

“Who do you name as Captain?” Davy Jones demanded.

“Captain. Her!” Tai Huang said immediately.

All of the crew pointed at Elizabeth. Davy Jones was shocked.

“Captain?” he asked.

“Tow the ship!” Norrington commanded, “Put the prisoners in the brig. The Captain shall have my quarters.”

Elizabeth was in no way interested in accepting Norrington’s offer. He was not the gracious, kind man she knew from before. He was now a selfish man who had a part in her father’s death and betrayed her.

“Thank you, sir, but I prefer to remain with my crew,” she spat.

Elizabeth moved aside to stand with her men, but Norrington grabbed her arm.

“Elizabeth, I swear I did not know,” he pleaded.

Elizabeth was incensed. “Know what? What side you chose?” she demanded furiously as she shook Norrington off and stood by her crew, “Well now you do. You’re not on my side, and I’m not on yours.”

“Elizabeth, I never meant-” Norrington protested.

“Never meant what? To betray us all?” Elizabeth countered irately, “Do you know what has happened because of you? My father is dead and my beloved friend is in danger along with my fiancé. Do you have any idea that Guin had a daughter, Norrington? Guin died from consumption while she was searching for her daughter. If it had not been for Will, she’d still be dead. By taking that heart, you’ve ruined any chance of Guin and her daughter being happy. What about me? I cared for you. You looked after me as a child. When I agreed to marry you, I meant it because you were my friend and I couldn't’t bear to hurt you. This is how a friend repays a friend? You were an honest man once, Norrington. Now you are lost.”

Norrington bowed his head and said nothing as Elizabeth and her men were taken to the brig of the Flying Dutchman. Elizabeth knew Bootstrap was on this ship. She wanted answers to why Will was so desperate.

“Bootstrap? Bill Turner?” she called.

“Bootstrap,” Bootstrap whispered.

Elizabeth turned to see Bootstrap Bill sitting against the wall in the brig.

“You know my name?” Bootstrap gasped.

“Yes, I know your son. Will Turner,” Elizabeth replied.

“William? He made it! He’s alive! God’s wounds! And now he sends you to tell me that he’s coming for me,” he exclaimed.

“Yes, Will is alive, and he wants to help you,” Elizabeth told him.

Bootstrap’s enthusiasm faded. “He can’t help me. He won’t come,” he replied solemnly.

“But you’re his father,” Elizabeth reassured him.

“I know you. He spoke of you. He can’t come because of you,” Bootstrap told her.

“Me?” Elizabeth gasped.

“You’re Elizabeth,” Bootstrap said.

“Yes, I’m Elizabeth,” Elizabeth replied.

“If Jones be slain, he who slays him must take his place. Captain forever. If he saves me, he loses you,” Bootstrap explained.

All of the color drained from Elizabeth’s face and tears shone in her eyes. All of her breath left her and her heart stopped. Now she knew Will’s burden and she was ashamed for not listening to Will.

“I see,” Elizabeth whispered as her voice came back to her.

“He won’t pick me. I wouldn't’t pick me,” Bootstrap said, easing his way back into the wall, “Tell him not to come. Tell him to stay away. It’s too late for me. I’m already part of the ship.”

“Bootstrap,” Elizabeth said.

“You know my name?” Bootstrap repeated.

Those words sliced through Elizabeth’s heart like a sword. She couldn't’t bear for Will to see his father like this. Once again, Elizabeth had to find her voice again.

“Yes, I know your son,” she replied.

“William! He’s coming for me. You’ll see. He promised,” Bootstrap told her.

Meanwhile, in the brig of the Black Pearl, Guinevere approached Lucia.

“So this is how I am repaid for choosing your side, dear friend?” Lucia demanded.

“No,” Guinevere replied, “You will be repaid when you show your worth.”

Lucia snorted. “And when might that be?” she asked.

“Soon enough. I have faith in you,” Guinevere told her.

“Are you so certain of that?” Lucia asked dubiously.

“You came over to my side and your taste for revenge is gone,” Guinevere replied, “I would say I’m very certain.”

“What makes you think I’m on your side?” Lucia demanded.

“Shall I remind you?” Guinevere asked, “Who was it that knew your father was alive? Beckett. Who duped you into his service? Beckett. Who failed to tell you that your father was alive? Beckett. Who is planning to kill all of us once we are caught in his net?”

“Beckett!” Lucia replied hotly.

“Now are you sure what side you’re on?” Guinevere asked.

“What happens now?” Lucia wanted to know.

“We sail with all haste to Shipwreck Cove. Only the Brethren can decide what to do now,” Guinevere explained.

Lucia nodded.

Guinevere made to depart from the brig, but as she did, she noticed an empty cell. She knew what it meant, but she was confused at the same time.

“Where’s Will?” she asked.
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

*banner made by Krazymoonkat

Chapter 9: New Plans and Choosing a Side

The next morning, Beckett looked out to the sea. He and his first mate, Lieutenant Groves saw a rabble of seagulls gathered over a body floating at sea. Ahead of that body, there was another. Beckett had the bodies brought aboard. Each body was securely fastened to a barrel and carried a message in a bottle. Beckett cracked open a bottle and read the letter.

“What’s the meaning of this?” Groves asked.

“A breadcrumb trail,” Beckett explained, “And we are meant to follow.”

“A traitor among them? Or a trap?” Groves asked.

“A gambit by a skilled opponent,” Beckett countered, “Adjust course, Mr. Groves. We can only hope to reach them before they run out of bodies.”

Later that evening, Will finished tying a corpse to a barrel. After cutting the rope, he gazed at his knife. His father’s knife. He thought about all that had happened and what could happen. He worried about Elizabeth as well as Rose and Juliet. He felt so terrible to keep Elizabeth out of his plan.

I’m losing her, he thought to himself.

“Bravo! You escaped the brig quicker than I predicted,” said a gleeful voice.

Will pointed his knife to find Jack leaning against the mast.

“William, do you notice something? Rather something that isn’t there to be noticed?” Jack asked wittily.

Will looked around. “You haven’t raised an alarm,” Will replied quickly.

“Odd, isn’t it?” Jack asked smartly, “Not so odd as this. Come up with this all by your lonesome, did you?”

Will smirked. “I said to myself, ‘Think like Jack’,” he replied.

“And this is what you’ve arrived at? Sounds to me like you don’t know me at all, mate,” Jack gasped, “How does your dearly beloved feel about all this?”

Will turned his eyes away and did not reply. Jack approached him.

“Ah. You’ve not seen fit to trust her with it,” he said wisely.

Will sighed. “I’m losing her, Jack,” he said glumly, “Every step I make for my father is a step away from Elizabeth.”

“Mate, if you’d choose to lock your heart away, you’ll lose her for certain,” Jack told him pointedly, “If I might lend a machete to your intellectual thicket, avoid the choice altogether. Change the facts. Find someone else to dispatch Jones.”

Will’s brows furrowed. “Who?” he wanted to know.

Jack grinned at him. Will was shocked.

“You?” he gasped.

Jack nodded. “Death has a way with shuffling one’s priorities. I’ll slip aboard the Dutchman, find the heart, stab the beating thing, and your father is free. And you’re free to be with your charming murderess,” he explained.

“And you’re willing to cut out your heart and bind yourself to the Flying Dutchman. Forever?” Will asked dubiously.

“No mate. I’m free forever. Free to sail off the edges of the map, free from death itself,” Jack corrected.

“You have to do the job, Jack. You have to ferry souls to the next world, or end up just like Jones,” Will warned him.

Jack stroked his bearded chin. “I don’t have the face for tentacles,” he said quickly, “but immortal has to count for something, eh?”

“You saw fit to tell me your plan, but what about Guin? Have you told her?” Will asked anxiously.

“I was getting to that, mate,” Jack told him.

“You’d better before it’s too late,” Will advised, “If you know Guin as well as I do, you know she’ll be crushed to hear about this. She loves you and this news won’t be easy for her to take. She wants to be with you. Juliet needs her father. Not just any father, you. If you love Guin, you’ll tell her what you told me… exactly.”

“Point taken, mate,” Jack acknowledged as he took out his compass.

Will gazed at it, confused. “What’s this for?” he asked, puzzled.

“Think like me, it’ll come to you,” Jack explained.

With one huff of his rum-scented breath, Jack sent Will flying backwards into the sea. Jack cut the barrel loose so Will could float on it.

“My regards to Davy Jones!” he said happily.

Will clambered atop of the barrel and rolled his eyes. “I hate him,” he groaned.

Just as Jack turned to go back to his quarters, he found himself face to face with Lucia.

“Ahhh! How’d you get out?” he gasped.

“How do you think, you rum-soaked thickhead?” Lucia demanded.

“Ah, dear old Guin pities you. Well, that is a mistake that can be remedied,” Jack replied.

Before Jack could sound an alarm, Lucia stopped him.

“No need for that,” Lucia told him, “I’m on your side.”

“How can I be sure of that?” Jack demanded, “You turned on Guin and almost killed her as well as our daughter.”

“You’ll just have to keep faith in me if not trust,” Lucia told him, “Guin has always been my friend. I was blind after my father died. As you said, death has a way of shuffling one’s priorities. Now that my father is back, I want to kill Beckett for duping me against you. Besides, I am a pirate and being so I am summoned to answer the call of the Brethren.”

“Your point is well-seen,” Jack acknowledged, “So what is it you really wanted to tell me?”

“You already know, mate,” Lucia told him.

Lucia departed and then Jack found himself eye to eye with a gloomy Guinevere. Her eyes were shone with tears, but her face was resolute.

“You’ve seen fit to trust Will with your plan, but not me. Why didn’t you tell me, Jack?” Guinevere asked pleadingly.

“Keeping things close to the vest, darling,” Jack replied.

“Does that include keeping things from me?” Guinevere countered.

Jack said nothing.

“If you do this, there’s no going back,” Guinevere warned him, “You kill Jones, and you become Captain forever. You’re doing this so you can be immortal. You think immortality is everything. Do you know the price you’ll pay? Obviously not. You will have your immortality, but you will never see the living world again, save for every ten years. You will lose your heart as Governor Swann explained. Shall I remind you that if you do this, you lose me? What about Juliet?”

“That is why I have one day every ten years, love,” Jack told her.

“Yes, one day. One day.One day for Juliet to know who her father is. One day for you to know her. One day out of ten years. Worst of all, one day for us. One day to share what feelings we have. And what happens when those days are gone? I won’t live forever, Jack. Neither will Juliet. But you will,” Guinevere told Jack passionately.

“There are other ways to be immortal, love,” Jack said softly.

“Dang it, Jack! It’s not about living forever!” Guinevere exclaimed fervently, “It’s about living with yourself forever. Can you really live forever knowing that while you’ve achieved your own goal, you could’ve helped others achieve their goal? You think you will win everything if you kill Jones, but you will lose everything if you do. The Black Pearl, Will, Elizabeth, Juliet, and me. As much as Juliet needs a father and you need your rum, that’s how much I need you. I love you, Jack. I was lying to myself when I said I didn’t. I thought I lost you forever and now I have a second chance. We have a second chance. A chance to prove our love and make amends for all the wrongs we’ve done and make the future better for us.”

Guinevere paused a moment. She knew that once they reached Shipwreck Cove, there would most certainly be a declaration of war against Beckett. A war she knew neither she nor Jack would be likely to survive. She didn’t want to die in battle without Jack’s love. She wasn’t going to die without him, not this time.

“Captain Jack Teague Etienne Sparrow, will you marry me?” Guinevere proposed, taking Jack’s hands, “If you want to take Jones’s place, At least I won’t lose you without knowing I have your heart, and you’ll have mine. You’re the Captain. You can marry us right on this deck, right now.”

Jack broke away from Guinevere’s shaking hands. “I can’t risk making you wait for me every ten years, darling. It would never work between us,” he told her sadly.

The tears that were glimmering in Guinevere’s eyes fell. “You’re lying! It will work. You’re Juliet’s father! I love you! I must know that I have your heart. Please, Jack, don’t do this. Marry me and it will work out between us. You’ll see!” she told him desperately.

“A hasty marriage will not solve the problem, darling,” Jack corrected her, “I can’t become Captain if I marry you. It won’t work out between us, darling. I’m sorry.”

Guinevere gazed into Jack’s eyes and wept. Jack tried to embrace her, but Guinevere pushed him away.

“Go away!” she shrieked as she prepared to leave.

Guinevere turned and spoke to Jack at length. “When you told Will not to lock his heart away, you certainly didn’t take your own advice,” she said tearfully, “I told you that you didn’t feel the same, but I had some hope that you did. Now that hope is gone. You can take your immortality, but you will rue every day you are Captain thinking about how life might’ve been if you’d only followed your heart, not your mind.”

Guinevere turned and left before more tears could fall. Jack bowed his head.

Meanwhile, aboard the Flying Dutchman, Elizabeth was recalling all that had happened when a visitor unlocked her cell. It was Norrington.

“Come with me,” he commanded.

Elizabeth and her men didn’t move.

“Quickly!” Norrington urged.

Reluctantly, Elizabeth nodded and her men proceeded out of the cell.

“What are you doing?” Elizabeth demanded coldly.

Norrington gazed at her. “Choosing a side,” he replied.

Elizabeth followed her men to the boat deck where one by one they clambered up the tow line that secured the Empress to the Flying Dutchman. Elizabeth was the last remaining. Norrington was quick to give her instructions.

“Do not go to Shipwreck Cove,” he advised her, “Beckett knows of the meeting of the Brethren. I fear there might be a traitor among them.”

Elizabeth was not convinced. How could she trust him when he betrayed her?

Is this his way of asking for forgiveness? Elizabeth thought to herself.

Finally, she spoke aloud. “It’s too late to earn my forgiveness,” Elizabeth spat.

Norrington knew what she meant. “I had nothing to do with your father’s death,” he told her, “If that does not absolve me of my other sins. I know I was selfish and I wish I could earn your friendship back again.”

Elizabeth looked towards her crew. “Come with us,” she said after a moment before looking Norrington in the eyes, “James, come with me.”

Norrington’s brow wrinkled in shock. Before he could move, a voice shouted down to them.

“Who goes there?” it demanded.

“Go. I will follow,” Norrington told Elizabeth.

“You’re lying,” Elizabeth protested.

Norrington gazed at Elizabeth. “Our destinies have been entwined, Elizabeth,” he told her, “but never joined.”

Norrington gave Elizabeth a quick kiss on the head before turning away.

“Go, now!” he commanded.

Finally, Elizabeth began to climb down the rope. Suddenly, Bootstrap appeared.

“Back to your station, sailor,” Norrington ordered.

“No one leaves this ship,” Bootstrap said.

“Stand down,” Norrington commanded, “That’s an order.”

“That’s an order…part of the crew, part of the ship! Part of the crew part of the ship!” Bootstrap shouted.

“Steady, man!” Norrington said.

“All hands, prisoner escape!” Bootstrap cried.

“Belay that!” Norrington shouted.

“James!” Elizabeth gasped.

Norrington looked around to see Elizabeth crawling back down the rope. In order to avoid her capture, Norrington severed the line with his sword. Suddenly, he was skewered by Bootstrap. From the sea, Elizabeth watched as Norrington fell.

“James! No! No!” she screamed.

With one last glance, Elizabeth swam away with her crew and escaped to her ship. Meanwhile, Jones’s crew had reached the site just as Norrington lay dying.

“The Admiral’s dead!” they cheered, “To the Captain’s cabin!”

Davy Jones appeared and approached the mortally wounded Norrington.

“James Norrington, do you fear death? he asked.

Norrington simply plunged his sword into Jones with one last ounce of strength before he died.

“I’ll take that as a ‘no’,” Jones declared as he took the sword, “Nice sword.”

Just as his crew was about to take over the Dutchman, Copper and his men held their guns on his heart.

“The Dutchman is under my command,” he declared.

“For now,” Jones said grudgingly.

By this time, Elizabeth and her crew boarded The Empress and Tai Huang approached Elizabeth.

“Orders, Captain?” he asked.

“Set sail for Shipwreck Cove with all haste, Tai Huang,” Elizabeth commanded, “If our location has been betrayed, we must get there before Beckett does.”

“Aye, Captain,” Tai Huang agreed.

Elizabeth looked out into the horizon. I’m coming, Will, she thought to herself.

A/N: The escape part was the hardest thing to write since I'm Anti-Norrington. If it is a little different from the film, I apologize. It's just what I wanted to see. Hope you enjoyed it none the less
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Dreamer

Interesting very interesting.....I had to do some catching up here, it is good to see you writing and updating regularly!

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old July 25th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

*made by Krazymoonkat*

Thanks, KiwiGirl! Things are going to get even more interesting!

Chapter 10: The Fishwife and Will’s Gambit

As Elizabeth made way to Shipwreck Cove, Gibbs, Jack, Barbossa, and the crew of the Black Pearl were just making sail.

“Look alive, and keep a weather eye! Not for naught it's called Shipwreck Island, where lies Shipwreck Cove and the town of Shipwreck!” Gibbs commanded.

“You heard him! Look lively!” Pintel shouted.

Jack stepped over to Gibbs. “For as clever cobs as we are pirates, we’re certainly an unimaginative lot when it comes to names,” he commented.

“Aye,” Gibbs agreed.

“I once sailed with a geezer who lost both of his arms and part of his eye,” Jack recalled.

“And what did you call him?” Gibbs asked.

“Larry,” Jack said dimly.

Meanwhile, on the bow of the ship, Barbossa and Tia Dalma were engaged in a fierce argument.

“I don’t renege on a bargain once struck,” Barbossa told her, “But we agreed on ends only, the means are mine to decide.”

“Caution, Barbossa,” Tia Dalma warned, “Don’t forget it was by my power that you returned from the dead and by what means you shall live.”

Tia Dalma gripped Barbossa’s wrist and turned it back to the formerly cursed, skeletal state.

Barbossa released his wrist from her grip. “Don’t forget why you had to bring me back and why I couldn’t leave Jack to his well-deserved fate,” Barbossa advised her, “It took nine pirate lords to bind you, Calypso, and it’ll take no less to release you. Masters Pintel and Ragetti!”

Pintel and Ragetti stood behind Calypso. “Take this fishwife to the brig!” Barbossa commanded.

Pintel and Ragetti took the goddess by both arms. “Right this way, Mrs. Fish!” Pintel said slyly.

Barbossa gave one last glance at his hand as Calypso was taken away. Meanwhile, Guinevere sat alone on the ship’s deck. She isolated herself from Jack, and he did the same. She didn’t want to believe he didn’t love her, but what else could she believe?

I’m losing him, Guinevere thought to herself.

Lucia approached her. “I can sense that something is troubling you, dear Guin,” she said gently.

“So, Jack let you off the hook, didn’t he? Well done,” Guinevere commented.

“Yes, good for me. Now tell me what’s going on,” Lucia said dismissively.

Guinevere sighed. “I’m losing him, Lucia,” she said ruefully, “Jack is determined to kill Jones and be immortal. If he does, then I lose him, save for one day every ten years.”

“Are you sure you have a reason to lose hope?” Lucia asked.

“I am,” Guinevere said shortly.

“And why is that?” Lucia wanted to know.

“I proposed to Jack last night. He told me it wouldn’t work out between us if he becomes Captain of the Dutchman. Now I know he doesn’t love me,” Guinevere explained.

Lucia was shell-shocked. “Who are you and what have you done with Guin Parris?” she asked, “The Guin I know is a fighter. She’s stubborn and refuses to give up. You can fight me, you can fight Jack. He does love you and you know it. We are in a battle with Beckett. We might not come out of it. He will remember that he loves you soon enough. It’s only when we are about to lose what we love most that we begin to treasure it. So for my sake as well as yours, cheer up and don’t give up.”

Guinevere smiled. “Who are you and what have you done with Lucia Barbossa?” she asked slyly.

Later that night, Davy Jones was summoned to Beckett’s quarters. He was livid.

“I cannot be summoned like some mongrel pup,” he said hotly.

“Apparently you can,” Beckett said smartly as he scooped some sugar cubes into a guest’s cup of tea, “I believe you know each other.”

The guest turned around to face Jones. It was none other than Will.

Davy Jones laughed. “Come to join my crew again, Turner?” he asked.

“Not yours,” Will corrected, “His. Jack Sparrow sends his regards.”

Davy Jones was confused. “Sparrow?” he said, puzzled.

Will glanced up from his tea. “You didn’t tell him?” Will asked, “We rescued Jack from the Locker along with the Black Pearl.”

Jones was livid. “What else have you not told me?” he demanded.

Beckett changed the subject. “There is an issue far greater than your debt with Sparrow,” he informed Jones, “Perhaps you’re familiar with a person called Calypso.”

Davy Jones shivered at the name, yet his blood ran cold. “Not a person,” he corrected, “A heathen god. One who leads men with her charms and reveals them to be hollow and for naught. The world is well rid of her.”

“Not quite so well, actually,” Will countered as he slurped his tea, “Jack and the Brethren Court intend to release her.”

Davy Jones was quick to protest. “No, they cannot!” he said, “The First Court vowed to imprison her forever. That was our agreement.”

“Your agreement,” Beckett corrected him.

Davy Jones frowned insecurely. “I…showed them how to bind her,” he said forlornly, “She couldn’t be trusted. She gave me no choice.”

Will’s eyes widened as he put the pieces of the story together. “You loved her,” he said in shock, “She’s the one. And then you betrayed her.”

The word betrayal infuriated Jones even more. “She pretended to love me!” he protested fervently, “She betrayed me!”

Will stood up at Jones’s level and sipped his tea. “After which betrayal did you cut out your heart, I wonder?” Will asked snidely.

Infused, Davy Jones knocked Will’s teacup from his hand. “Do not test me,” he warned.

Will calmly glanced at his spilled tea. “I hadn’t finished that,” he said coolly, “You will free my father.”

Will turned to Beckett. “And you will grant the safety of Elizabeth, Guin, Rose, and Juliet along with my own,” he declared firmly.

“Your terms are steep, Mr. Turner,” Beckett advised him, “We would expect fair value in return.”

“There’s only one price I want,” Jones said callously, “Calypso…murdered!”

“Calypso is aboard the Black Pearl,” Will told them brightly, “Jack has sailed the Pearl to Shipwreck Cove.”

“And what of Miss Parris, Mr. Turner?” Beckett wanted to know.

“What of her?” Will asked calmly.

“There is something you need to know in this bargain,” Beckett told him, “Something that your dear friend has concealed from you. Did she ever inform you of her marriage?”

“Yes,” Will replied, “She told me she left him for dead.”

“For which I will grant her clemency,” Beckett told him, “Miss Parris was once Mrs. Beckett.”

Will felt as if he had been punched in the gut like when Sao Feng held him hostage.

Guin and Beckett? he asked himself in surprise, Quite an odd couple. She wouldn’t be serious or crazy, rather to marry him.

Beckett smirked. “She never told you, did she?” he asked, seeing Will’s disbelief.

“She told me enough,” Will countered, “And you will stick to the bargain.”

“With you no longer aboard the Black Pearl, Turner, how do you propose to lead us there?” Beckett demanded.

Suddenly, Will remembered Jack’s words: Think like me, it’ll come to you.

Thank you, Jack! Will thought to himself as he whipped out the compass.

“What is it you want most?” Will asked slyly, a smug grin on his face.

Last edited by Guin Sparrow; July 25th, 2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: adding
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

Chapter 11: Shipwreck Cove

That same evening, Guinevere tossed and turned in another nightmare.

Guinevere found herself kneeling beside Elizabeth over a dying Will.

“No,” Elizabeth whispered futilely.

“Will, stay with me! Take my hand and don’t let go!” Guinevere begged.

Despite the pleas of both women, Will’s feeble grip on Guinevere’s hand slackened, and his beautiful eyes closed.

“No, no, NO!” Elizabeth and Guinevere screamed.

Before Guinevere knew it, she was snatched up by Jack and pried away from Will.

“Will, don’t go! Stay! No! I need you!” she shrieked.

The last thing Guinevere saw was the Flying Dutchman being sucked down to the depths with Will aboard.

Guinevere jumped awake to find Lucia watching her.

“Bad dream?” Lucia asked.

“I can’t shake them. Terrible visions of Will…being killed by Jones,” Guinevere replied with a shudder.

“They’re just nightmares, darling. They’re not real,” Lucia reassured her, “Come. We’ve arrived at Shipwreck Cove.”

Guinevere and Lucia climbed up to the main deck and watched as the Black Pearl entered Shipwreck Cove. The city was a fortress constructed out of shipwrecks long ago and the castle was brightened by many lamps. More than thirty ships crammed the docks of the city. Everyone looked on in awe.

“Look at them all,” Pintel said in amazement.

“Shipwreck Cove, home of the Brethren Court,” Guinevere said in awe.

“Aye,” Barbossa acknowledged, “There’s not been a gatherin’ like this in our lifetime.”

Jack looked out to the docks. “And I owe them all money,” he said sheepishly.

“You’ll owe them all your life if we are to go to war,” Lucia countered.

“Thank you for reminding me. I’ll be sure to pay you first,” Jack replied.

Barbossa was just about to give a command when Jack cried out, “Let go the anchor!”

Barbossa turned and glared at Jack. Jack simply grinned.

“Captain of the ship’s givin’ orders,” he quipped.

Immediately, the Pearl docked at the harbor and the crew disembarked. Guinevere looked all around her as she entered the lair of the Brethren Court. Lucia noticed her awe.

“You’re amazed by this place now,” she said wisely, “I warn you, this isn’t as romantic as you might have read. Theses pirates are even fiercer than you and I. Mistress Ching, the Pirate Lord of the Pacific, for example, has her men cut off ears for souvenirs. Just be mindful of what you say and do and don’t do anything stupid.”

Guinevere nodded. “Thank you for that advice,” she acknowledged.

As soon as entering the lair, Guinevere scanned the room. There was no sign of Rose or Juliet.

Where could they be? Guinevere wondered to herself.

“Lucia, where’s Rose?” she asked desperately.

“I don’t know. She’s not here,” Lucia replied.

Guinevere trembled. Her best friend and her daughter were missing. Guinevere knew that Rose would not lead her astray, but why wasn’t she there? Just when Guinevere began to suspect the worst, she heard a baby cry! Immediately, Guinevere jumped up and turned to see Rose standing in the door with Juliet!

“Juliet! Rose!” Guinevere cried.

Guinevere raced forward and embraced both her friend and her daughter. Rose gave a smile.

“Safe and sound, just like I promised,” she said happily as she placed little Juliet in Guinevere’s arms.

Guinevere kissed her baby girl’s head. “Thank you,” she gasped, “Oh, Juliet. Amoreux! Je vous ai manqué, amoureux!”

Baby Juliet grinned in comfort. Rose looked on with glee. Seeing Guinevere reunited with little Juliet brought nothing but warm feelings to her heart. Suddenly, in the midst of the tender moment, Rose’s knees buckled and she keeled over, clutching her stomach! Guinevere looked up in shock-horror.

“Rose!” she gasped as she knelt and cradled her friend in her arms, “Help! Help her, anyone!”

Jack and Lucia raced to the aid of Guinevere and Rose.

“What is it?” Jack asked, concerned.

“Rose is hurt,” Guinevere told him, “Please, help her.”

Lucia removed Rose’s hand from her belly to reveal a gaping wound overflowing with blood. Lucia shuddered and closed her eyes. Jack turned white and stoic. Guinevere looked up at the wound and at Rose.

“No, no! You’re fine. You’re all right!” she said frantically.

Rose fought to speak, despite the pain of her wounds. “I…I…I’m so sorry, Guin,” she breathed, “East…India…attacked us. He knows. Beckett knows of the meeting. I...tried to protect Juliet. Better me than…her.”

Guinevere was quick to silence her dying friend. “Shhh, shh. Please, you’re scaring me, Rose. Don’t talk anymore. You’re going to be fine.”

No matter how much Guinevere begged, Rose’s life continued to fade away like a wilting flower. Guinevere hastily removed her waistcoat and draped it over Rose’s wound.

“Hold on, Rose,” Guinevere told her friend optimistically, “I’m going to save you. You’ve protected me, now I’ll return the favor.”

“You…already have,” Rose countered, “Jack…Lucia, Guin…forgive me for any offenses I’ve made against you.”

“There’s nothing to forgive, love,” Jack said with a slight smile.

Lucia nodded in agreement. Rose let out a small laugh.

“Now I know I can die,” she quipped, “Jack is being serious.”

Jack and Lucia smiled, but Guinevere did not.

“Don’t speak like you’re saying goodbye,” Guinevere pleaded, “Please, don’t. You’re all right. This is not goodbye!”

“No,” Rose said in agreement, “It is not goodbye.”

“Then you’re going to be all right. Please…I need you, so does Juliet.”

“Juliet…needs you. You don’t need me.”

Guinevere was stunned. “That’s foolish! How can you say that? Of course I need you!”

“Not anymore,” Rose corrected her.

Guinevere knew Rose was right. She didn’t need her; she just wanted her.

“You must…let me go, Guin,” Rose said solemnly.

“I can’t!” Guinevere protested.

“Wasn’t it you…who said just because I’m not in front of you doesn’t mean that I’m not there? You can… and you must let me go.”

Rose fixed her eyes on Juliet. “You are together now?” she asked.

“Yes,” Guinevere reassured her friend as she squeezed her hand, “Yes, Rose. Juliet and I are together because of you. Thank you.”

Rose sighed and smiled. Then, Rose’s grey eyes closed, and her hand slipped from Guinevere’s. Finally, one last breath escaped from Rose before she lay peaceful in Guinevere’s arms.

Jack and Lucia bowed their heads. Barbossa had been watching as well, and he too showed remorse for the fallen Rose.

Guinevere shook her head frantically. “No, NO!” she gasped, “Rose, stay with me! Stay with me! Rose!”

Guinevere looked up at Jack. “Fetch Tia Dalma,” she commanded.

Lucia knew what Barbossa had planned for Tia Dalma. “Calypso?” she gulped.

Guinevere immediately went into a fit and attacked Barbossa.

“Charlatan! We need Rose alive! You release Tia Dalma right now!” she screamed.

“Guin, there’s nothing Tia Dalma can do,” Lucia told her.

“LIAR!” Guinevere shrieked as she bolted for the door.

Before she could step foot outside, Jack snatched her.

“Guin!” he said soothingly as he held a sobbing Guinevere close to him.

Jack looked up at Barbossa. “Can anything be done?” he asked.

Barbossa shook his head. “Young Rose is at peace,” he said gravely.
Old September 16th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

*banner by Krazymoonkat

Chapter 12: The Brethren Court and Reunion

Jack ushered a despondent Guinevere and a blissfully unaware Juliet back into the lair, holding them close to him. Jack felt his heart break as Guinevere wept for her fallen friend. He knew how bittersweet it was to reunite with Juliet but to lose Rose as a price. Tenderly, Jack walked Guinevere over to a secluded area of the lair to give Guinevere time with her thoughts.

“Guin, darling, I’m…I’m dreadfully sorry,” he said solemnly, “Truly I am. Rose was the best friend anyone could’ve asked for or dreamed of.”

Guinevere said nothing, but nodded in agreement.

Jack gazed at Juliet and took her tiny hand in his before turning back to Guinevere. “You should listen to, and I can’t believe the words are coming out of me mouth, but Captain Barbossa. He was right. Rose is at peace now. She’s not suffering. And even if she’s not here to watch over us, she can do it in Heaven. It’s so bittersweet, isn’t it?” he told her gently.

“More bitter than sweet, if you ask me,” Guinevere countered.

“Aye. I know it hurts,” Jack said in concurrence, “We’ve lost a friend while we’ve gotten our Juliet back. But just know why Juliet is here. She is here because of Rose, as you said. Rose gave her life to save our baby, and for that I think we can do nothing better than to honor her memory.”

“That’s just the point, Jack,” Guinevere told him grimly, “Rose gave her life. I shouldn’t have let her go alone. I should’ve been there to protect them both. If I had, this wouldn’t have happened. Perhaps my life would’ve been taken.”

“Guin, love, don’t speak so low of yourself,” Jack comforted her, “You were only doing what a good parent does. Rose would not want you to feel that you should’ve died in her stead. She loved Juliet as much as you and I and Will and Elizabeth. She was happy to sacrifice herself for Juliet. She knew that she had to so Juliet could be with those who love her and protect her. She was doing what any friend would have done.”

Guinevere’s eye’s burned with a new determination. “He’s going to pay for what he did,” she said fiercely, “If we go to war, and we probably will, I’m going to make Tete-de-Seau pay for what he did. He’ll be the one to pay the price for what he’s done.”

Guinevere sobbed uncontrollably. Jack gingerly kissed her head to comfort her.

“It’s all right, love. Juliet is here, safe and sound. It’s all right,” he soothed.

Guinevere gazed at little Juliet. She had no possible comprehension of what had happened, and for that, Guinevere’s heart was lightened. She was glad that her daughter didn’t know the horrors of what was going on. As she watched Juliet smile and bounce her tiny arms about, she smiled. Jack grinned too.

“She’s certainly got spirit,” Jack laughed, “I wonder where she gets it from, or rather, who she gets it from.”

Guinevere blushed. Then, she remembered the wooden toy horse Will gave to her for Juliet. Quickly, Guinevere slipped the toy from her pocket and placed it in her little girl’s hand.

“There you are, Sweetheart,” she cooed, “From Godfather Will.”

Juliet took pleasure with the new toy. Guinevere smiled brighter.

“Always knew the whelp was talented,” Jack commented.

“You’re a smart man, Jack,” Guinevere told him, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, love,” Jack replied with a devilish grin.

The sound of chaos erupted and both Guinevere and Jack knew what that meant.

“The meeting is about to begin,” Jack said.

“Then, we’d better get going,” Guinevere told him.

Guinevere laid Juliet down on her coat and proceeded on to convene the Brethren Court. Barbossa slammed a chain shot down on the round table.

“I convene this Fourth Brethren Court,” he declared, “If you’d present you’re insignias. Master Ragetti.”

Ragetti took a bowl and collected all the pieces of eight from the Pirate Lords. Each one gave a chalice, a broken bottle, eyeglasses, a queen of hearts, and some sort of African coin. Pintel craned his neck and his brow wrinkled.

“Those aren’t pieces of eight. They’re just pieces of junk!” he gasped.

“Aye, when the First Court met, the plan was intended to use actual pieces of eight, but when they arrived, they went skint broke,” Gibbs explained.

“So they changed the name?” Pintel inquired.

“To what? Nine pieces of whatever we have in our pockets at the time? Oh, yes that sounds very piratey,” Gibbs said smartly.

Ragetti then returned the bowl to Barbossa and gave a wince. “I kept it safe for you, just like you said,” he told him.

“Aye, but now I need it back,” Barbossa countered.

With that, he smacked Ragetti in the head and his wooden eye fell out into the bowl. Ragetti frowned as he bid his eye farewell. Barbossa then turned to Jack.

“Jack, your piece,” he said.

Jack ran his fingers over the beads and coin on his bandana. “Have you noticed that all of the Brethren are not here yet?” Jack pointed out, “And I’m content as a cucumber to wait for Sao Feng to arrive.”

“Sao Feng is dead,” informed a voice.

Jack turned to see Elizabeth with Sao Feng’s men.

“He fell to the Flying Dutchman,” Elizabeth told them as she stabbed her sword into a globe with the swords of other Lords.

The Brethren were in an uproar.

Jack couldn’t believe what he saw. “He named you Captain? He’s giving the bloody title away!” he commented.

Elizabeth approached the table. “Listen to me. Our location has been betrayed. Beckett knows of the meeting of the Brethren and he is with Jones. They’re on their way here,” she informed every one of the Lords.

“Who is this betrayer?” Gentleman Jocard demanded.

“Not likely anyone among us,” Barbossa commented.

Elizabeth looked around. “Where’s Will?” she asked.

“Not among us,” Jack told her.

“And it matters not who is the betrayer, but what shall be done once the enemy finds us?” Barbossa said wisely.

“We fight!” Elizabeth said ardently.

Immediately, the Brethren, with the exception of Elizabeth, Lucia, and Guinevere, exploded into uproarious laughter!

“Shipwreck Cove is a fortress,” Mistress Ching said wisely, “A well-supplied fortress. There’s no need to fight if they can’t get to us.”

All of the Brethren nodded and murmured in agreement.

“There is another pressing issue,” Barbossa told them, “In another age, the First Court captured the sea goddess Calypso and bound her in her bones. That was a mistake. Oh, we tamed the seas for ourselves, but opened the door to Beckett, and his ilk. Better were the days when mastery of the seas came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures, but from the sweat of a man’s brow and the strength of his back alone. You all know this to be true. Gentleman, ladies, we must release Calypso.”

Immediately, the Brethren was in chaos.

“Shoot him!” Ammand the Corsair cried.

“Cut out his tongue!” Gentleman Jocard said.

“Shoot him and then cut out his tongue and shoot his tongue! And trim that scraggly beard,” Jack countered.

“No, trim the scraggly beard, cut out his tongue, and then shoot him!” Guinevere corrected, “Don’t you know how to do it right?”

Barbossa, Jack, and Lucia gaped and wrinkled their brows at Guinevere. Guinevere blushed. “Sorry. Just thought of lending my wisdom,” she apologized sheepishly, “Carry on.”

“Sao Feng would have agreed with Barbossa,” Tai Huang said.

“Calypso was our enemy then she will be our enemy now!” Gentleman Jocard reasoned.

“And iz not likely ‘er mood’s improved,” Captain Chevalle added.

“I agree with Sao Feng. We release Calypso!” Villanueva protested as he set his gun down.

“You treaten me?” Chevalle demanded.

“I silence you!” Villanueva bellowed, striking the Frenchman.

The Court, with the exception of Jack, Barbossa, Elizabeth, Guinevere and Lucia, erupted into a madhouse. Everyone was being punched and thrown all about!

Elizabeth couldn’t believe what she was seeing. “This is madness,” she commented.

“This is politics,” Jack countered.

“What could you expect? This is pirate politics. It’s bound to be mad,” Guinevere said.

“Meanwhile our enemies are closing in on us,” Elizabeth said grimly.

“If they be not here already,” Barbossa added.

“What makes you think they aren’t waiting for us to come out?” Lucia countered gravely.

Meanwhile, as the disorder raged on in the Brethren Court, Calypso sat alone in the brig of the Black Pearl. She sadly listened as her locket played a forlorn love melody. Haunted, she closed the locket only to hear it continue. She turned to see Davy Jones behind her and smiled with joy.

“My sweet,” she sighed, “You come for me.”

“You were expecting me,” Jones told her.

“It ‘as been torture trapped in dis singal form. Cut off from de sea. From all dat I love. From you,” Calypso said dejectedly.

“Ten years I devoted to the duty you charged me. Ten years I looked after those who had died at sea. And then, when we could be together again, you weren’t there,” Jones said pointedly, “Why weren’t you there?”

“Iss my nature,” Calypso said ruefully, “Would you love me if I was anyting less den wha’ I am?”

Davy Jones turned away. “I do not love you!” he said coldly.

“Many tings you were Davy Jones, but never cruel,” Calypso told him, “You ‘ave corrupted your purpass and so yourself. And you ‘ave locked away whad should always ‘ave been mine!”

With one touch to Jones’s heart, Calypso transformed him back to the man he was before he became the monster. Davy Jones wept as Calypso caressed his face.

“Calypso,” he breathed.

“I will be free and when I am I will give you my heart and we will be together forever,” Calypso promised, “If only you had a heart to give.”

Calypso removed her hand, and Davy Jones changed back into his hideous form. Enraged, he gripped Calypso’s throat with his claw.

“Why have you come?” Calypso asked fearfully.

Davy Jones tried to pull his claw out, but it was too large to reach through the bars and he was forced to enter the cell.

“And what fate have you planned for your captors?” he inquired.

Calypso’s blood boiled. “De Bredren Court!” she snarled viciously, “De last ting dey will know in dis world, is how cruel I can be! And what of your fate…Davy Jones?

Davy Jones sighed as he turned away from Calypso. “My heart will always belong to you,” he swore.

Pleased, Calypso smiled as Jones turned away and exited through the wall with the whispers of the sea.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 02:57 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

[IMG][/IMG]

*banner made by Krazymoonkat

Chapter 13: King Swann

After Davy Jones and Calypso reconciled, madness still held sway over the Brethren Court.

“Father, can’t you do something?” Lucia demanded

“What’s there to be done?” Guin countered, “You said yourself how fierce they are. It’s only their nature.”

Jack and Elizabeth watched, dumbfounded. Barbossa leapt on the table and fired a shot from his pistol to hold the Court’s attention. Unfortunately, the blast only heightened the brawl. Guinevere shook her head.

“That’s it!” she groaned as she clambered on the table on top of Barbossa, “STOW IT! ALL OF YOU BEFORE I DRIVE MY SWORD THROUGH YOU AND SHOOT YOU MYSELF!”

All of the Brethren, excepting Captain Chevalle, were silent as the grave. Captain Chevalle continued to argue amongst his men.

Guinevere narrowed her dark eyes at him. “Et toi, Capitan Chevalle, J’AI DIT L’AI FERME!” she bellowed, “Comprendre?”

Chevalle quivered with fear. “O-o-ui, ma dame,” he stammered as he kicked his lieutenant, “OUI, MA DAME!”

Chevalle’s men called out in agreement.

“Bon. Excellent,” Guinevere replied with a triumphant smile as she touched the floor again.

Jack, Lucia, Elizabeth, and Barbossa all gaped at Guinevere.

“I don’t know what she said, but it looks and sounds like we have order,” Elizabeth commented.

Barbossa spoke once more. “I intend to release Calypso and in her gratitude, she will grant us boons!” he declared.

Jack gave a skeptical look. “Whose boons? Your boons?” he quipped, “Utterly deceptive twaddle speak, says I.”

“If ye have a better alternative, please share,” Barbossa groaned.

“Cuttlefish,” Jack began, “Let us not, dear friends, forget our friend the cuttlefish. Flippant glorious little sausages. Pen 'em up together and they'll devour each other without a second thought. Human nature, isn't it? or... or...fish nature.”

Jack placed his hands on Mistress Ching’s shoulders. “We could hole up here well provisioned and well armed and half of us would be dead within the month, which seems grim to me any way you slice it,” Jack commented wisely, “Or, as my learned colleague so naively suggests, we could release Calypso, and we can pray that she will be merciful. I rather doubt it. Can we in fact pretend that she is anything other than a woman scorned, like which fury hell hath no? We cannot. Res ipso loquitur tabula in naufragio, we are left with but one option. I agree with, and I cannot believe the words are coming out of me mouth…Captain Swann. We must fight.”

Elizabeth, Lucia, and Guinevere smirked.

Barbossa was in disbelief. “You’ve always run away from a fight!” he argued.

“Have not!” Jack protested.

“Have too!”

“Have not!”

Have too!”

“Have not!”

“You have so and you know it!”

“Have not, slander and calumny. I have only ever embraced that oldest and noblest of pirate traditions. I submit here and now, that is what we all must do, we must fight...to run away.”

“Aye!” Gibbs agreed.

“As per the code, an act of war can only be declared by the Pirate King,” Barbossa said.

“You made that up!” Jack protested.

“Did I now? I call on Captain Teague, keeper of the Code!” Barbossa declared.

Sri Sumbajee nudged his left-hand man. “Sri Sumbajee says hang the code! Who gives a-” the man said before he was shot down.

The Brethren looked over to see a man who looked very much like Jack blow out a smoking pistol. This man was Captain Teague Sparrow, father of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Jack’s eyes were huge. Oh, dear, he commented to himself.

He and his father were not estranged, but they hadn’t seen each other in ages and barely spoke. Jack could only imagine telling Teague that he was a grandfather!

Teague swaggered over in Jack’s fashion, to the table. “You’re in my way, boy,” he said bluntly.

Jack moved out of the way. Everyone craned their necks and wore awed gazes as two men brought for the genuine Pirate Code.

“The Code,” Pintel breathed.

“Set down by Morgan and Bartholomew,” Ragetti added.

Teague whistled and out came a mutt with keys in his mouth. Pintel and Ragetti wore confused gazes as they last saw this dog whilst escaping Cannibal Island.

“Sea-turtles, mate,” Teague shrugged as the dog gave a happy bark.

“Sea-turtles,” Gibbs laughed.

Teague opened the book and read.

“Ah, Barbossa is right,” he acknowledged.

Jack peered at the book. “Hang on a minute!” he exclaimed, “It shall be the duties of the king to impose war, parley with said adversaries…fancy that.”

“Zere ‘az not been a king zince de First Court and iz not likely to change,” Captain Chevalle commented.

“Why not?” Elizabeth asked.

“The Pirate King is elected by popular vote,” Gibbs explained.

“And each pirate only ever votes for hisself,” Barbossa added.

“I call for a vote,” Jack declared.

Teague sat on a grand throne and strummed tunes on a guitar.

Ammand raised his hand. “I vote for Ammand, de Corsair!”

“Capitan Chevalle, the penniless Frenchman!”

“Sri Sumbajee votes for Sri Sumbajee!

“Mistress Ching!”

“Gentleman Jocard!”

“Elizabeth Swann!”

“Barbossa!”

“Elizabeth Swann!”

“What?” Elizabeth gasped.

“I know. Curious, isn’t it?” Jack replied.

Again, madness swept the Brethren.

“Am I to understand that we not keep to the code?” Jack inquired so that Teague and Guinevere could hear.

Guinevere shot a dark glance, and Teague broke a string on his guitar. To save themselves, The Brethren settled.

“Very well,” Mistress Ching said calmly, “What say you, Captain Swann, King of the Brethren Court?”

Guinevere gave a smirk as Elizabeth thought. “Captain?” she asked with a smile.

“Prepare every vessel that floats. At dawn, we’re at war,” Elizabeth declared.

Sri Sumbajee stood up and everyone knew why he was silent. “And so, we shall go to war!” he said in a high-pitched voice of a eunuch.

The Brethren erupted in cheers. Jack smiled and caught his father not smiling.

“What? You’ve seen it all, done it all,” he told him, “You survived. That’s the trick, isn’t it? To survive.”

“It’s not about living forever, Jacky,” Teague said wisely, “The trick is, living with yourself forever.”

Jack nodded. “How’s mum?” he inquired.

Teague held up a shriveled, mutilated head.

Jack winced. “She looks great,” he gulped.

Suddenly, Juliet burst out crying. Jack winced and Teague looked around.

“A child, I hear?” he asked.

Jack ducked into the area where Guinevere laid Juliet. “This is your granddaughter, Juliet,” Jack told Teague, “Guinevere is her mother. The one with the razor-sharp tongue.”

“Can you live with yourself now, Jack?” Teague asked.

Jack looked down at the floor as Teague ambled off.

“He’s right, you know,” Guinevere commented, “I can’t live with myself forever, Jack. Tell me once and for all; will you marry me?”

Before, Jack would’ve put down any proposal of Guinevere’s . He was intent on being immortal, and he couldn’t hurt Guinevere every ten years that he would be Captain. Now, Jack realized, that Guinevere would only be hurt more if he didn’t accept, and he agreed. Neither of them knew what dawn would bring, and as Barbossa had said, the chances of coming back are never certain. Considering this, Jack brightened.

“Elizabeth!” he called, “King Swann!”

Guinevere frowned as Jack chased after Elizabeth.

“You tried, darling,” Lucia comforted.

Quicker than lightening, Jack reappeared with Elizabeth.

“Jack?” Guinevere asked.

“King Swann here, is going to marry us!” Jack declared proudly.

Guinevere’s heart skipped a beat as she smiled a smile brighter than the sun and happier than an angel.

“Oh, Jack!” she sighed.

“Quickly, now!” Jack told her as they rushed outside.

Once outside, Jack and Guinevere gripped each other’s hands.

“Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to join together, Jack Sparrow-” Elizabeth began.

“Captain Jack Sparrow,” Jack corrected.

“Captain Jack Sparrow and Guin Parris,” Elizabeth continued, “Captain Jack Sparrow, do you take Guin Parris to be your wife, in sickness and in health, for better or worse, and richer or poorer with all of those being unlikely?”

“I do,” Jack agreed.

“And Guin Parris, do you take Captain Jack Sparrow to be your husband with all the ties that bind?” Elizabeth asked with a giggled.

“I do!” Guinevere sighed.

“As Captain of the Empress and King of the Brethren Court, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Now just kiss already!” Elizabeth declared.

Jack and Guinevere gazed in each other’s eyes before they swept each other into their first kiss as husband and wife. A wave of love swept over them as a wave sweeps the sand. Both of their lives were joined and their fates were intertwined.

Lucia gave a joyful smile. “Finally,” she laughed.

Later that night, Guinevere and Jack were left alone and they enjoyed their first and most likely only night, as a happily married couple.

“Are you content, Mrs. Sparrow?” Jack asked complacently.

“Over the moon and beyond,” Guinevere replied, “particularly when you call me Mrs. Sparrow. That’s what makes me the most content.”

“Aye,” Jack agreed, “I feel the same!”

Guinevere smiled brighter.

Jack swept her up into his arms. “Shall we, Mrs. Sparrow?”

“We shall, Captain Sparrow,” Guinevere replied.

With that, they lay down on the sand and their love was appeased. Very much appeased.

Last edited by Guin Sparrow; October 3rd, 2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: adding
Old November 29th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Krazy for the Elf

*squeeeeeel!* They get married! I love how you kept the part with Jack's Dad asking about him mum.
Old November 30th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Orlando's Shadow King

Thank you, Kat! Here's some more Piratey goodness!

*banner by Krazymoonkat

Chapter 14: Precious Moments

As the next morning dawned, Jack and Guinevere rose and dressed.

Jack pulled on his shirt and sighed. “I’m gonna need my hat and bandanna, Guin,” he said.

Guinevere stepped forward wearing Jack’s hat and bandanna with a smile of love upon her face. Jack returned the smile and removed his hat and bandanna from Guinevere’s head, kissing her brow and relishing the sweet fragrance of Guinevere’s dark locks. Guinevere grinned in utter delight as she took in Jack’s rum scent.

Jack desisted and gazed in his wife’s eyes. “Might I inquire, how are you this morning, love?” he asked.

“Despite what may come, I’m quite well,” Guinevere replied, “I just wish you wouldn’t call me ‘love’ anymore.”

“Why not?” Jack wanted to know.

“Because that’s what you call all ladies. I am your wife, so I am an exception,” Guinevere explained.

Jack chuckled. “Forgive me. You must tutor me on what endearments I may use.”

“Well, there’s Guin, for every day,” Guinevere said pointedly, “My Divine Angel for Sundays and holy days; Bonny Guin, when you’ve had too much rum and Mrs. Sparrow for times when you are wonderfully and divinely happy and your heart is full of love that you don’t want to keep for yourself.”

“Ah,” Jack acknowledged.

“Well, it’s not Sunday or a holy day and you’re not drunk. How are you, Captain Sparrow?” Guinevere asked.

“Well, I’m in perfect condition as perfect condition can be perfect, Mrs. Sparrow,” Jack replied lovingly.

Guinevere grinned as Jack proceeded to kiss her head, nose, eyes, and both of her rosy cheeks.

Jack then looked to the sea. “The battle will be here soon,” he said lifelessly.

Guinevere’s smile faded as she and Jack knew there was no certainty of returning from this battle.

Jack reached in his pocket and placed the content in Guinevere’s hand. “I would’ve given it to you last night if we were not in such a hurry,” he explained, “You have a pirate brethren to thank for this. It’s only fitting to help us preserve our love and marriage.”

Guinevere opened her fist to reveal a gold ring with a black pearl in the center.

Guinevere gasped. “Oh, Jack! It’s beautiful, but I don’t need it to prove my love or my marriage. It’s all in the heart. I suppose you had to find a black pearl by coincidence?”

“Well, no,” Jack said, “I chose this black pearl ring. The Pearl has always been my life. Now, and I never thought I’d get to say this, you are my pearl, my treasure.”

“I’m your treasure,” Guinevere sighed.

“Not all treasure is silver and gold,” Jack said with a devilish smile.

“There are more precious things,” Guinevere added as Jack placed the ring on her left hand.

Jack kissed her hand. “Aye. We are more precious,” he agreed.

Guinevere kissed Jack’s hand. “Aye,” she said breathlessly, “I feel the time we’ve had together the most precious, Jack.”

“As do I, Mrs. Sparrow,” Jack replied.

Guinevere smiled. “Say it again. Say my name again,” she begged.

“Mrs. Sparrow…Mrs. Sparrow…Mrs. Sparrow,” Jack whispered, caressing Guinevere’s face and kissing her.

“I will never again hear anything so sweet,” Guinevere declared.

Jack did not speak, but gazed at Guinevere with love.

“Why do you gaze at me, Jack?” Guinevere inquired.

“I’m memorizing you because I will never see anything as sweet,” Jack whispered.

Guinevere’s heart began to beat faster. “Well then,” she sighed, “Now we know we’re together. We share the same thoughts.”

“Aye…Mrs. Sparrow,” Jack breathed before kissing Guinevere’s hand again, “Savvy?”

“Aye, Captain,” Guinevere said with so much love, “Whatever happens today, I am grateful for everything you’ve done. You’ve given me love and a life. You’ve made me happier than anyone can ever be happy. For that, I thank you. For that I…I…I love you.”

“I love you,” Jack replied.

Jack’s words stole Guinevere’s heart. Never before had Jack admitted any feelings to anyone. Those three words made Guinevere the happiest person on Earth. She felt that if she died in this battle, she’d feel like she lived a full life. Guinevere embraced Jack, and Jack held her under his chin. Both felt warmth as they held on to each other. They knew that they couldn’t linger much longer, but at least they could enjoy these last few moments to treasure in Heaven.

“You know, there’s a bright side to all of this,” Guinevere commented, “Only Heaven awaits now.”

“Really?” Jack inquired, “I never thought of it that way. Now that you mention it, that doesn’t sound so bad.”

“No. No, it doesn’t,” Guinevere agreed.

“Something to look forward to,” Jack said.

“I can’t wait,” Guinevere replied.

“Feelings mutual,” Jack told her.

“You know, I was in Heaven for a time,” Guinevere told Jack.

“We have something in common. We’ve been to Heaven and Hell,” Jack said pointedly.

“You’ve seen too much of Hell. Would you like to see Heaven?” Guinevere offered.

“I certainly would like to see what it’s like,” Jack said happily.

Jack and Guinevere’s heads touched and they absorbed each other’s presence. At last, the couple found each other’s lips. They shared one last precious kiss that both of them would treasure forever and by life or death as they vowed. They never mentioned death parting them and thus they would never part again.

“Mrs. Sparrow,” Jack breathed.

Last edited by Guin Sparrow; November 30th, 2009 at 01:31 AM. Reason: adding
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Krazy for the Elf

*sigh* Not often we get a touching romantic Jack scene. Well done, Guin!

Guess I better get the next banner posted for you so we can get more.