Go Back   Orlando Love > Fan Fiction > Fan Fiction > Pirates of the Caribbean

Old July 1st, 2007, 08:14 PM
White Masque

Norrie!!! You brought back Norrington! That made me so happy. Ever since Dead Man's Chest and his death in At World's End, I've felt sorry for him and liked his character. He might seem kind of snobbish...but he's a good man.

Marvelous chapter! Everyone seems to be getting depressed. Interesting how nearly ten years can do that.... Keep up the good work!
Old July 1st, 2007, 09:27 PM
Jennybot920

Omg!!!! You have to write more soon!!!!

I'm dieing to know what happens
Old July 1st, 2007, 09:29 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Pleased that I could be of service! I thought that Norrington deserved a mention, I'm hoping to write him in later as well. Who knows? I certainly don't I'm just making it up as I go along. Lol
Old July 1st, 2007, 09:39 PM
White Masque

I always do that! I get an idea...think out some lines...then I change it around a bit when I type it up. lol

Norrington was a good addition!
Old July 1st, 2007, 09:48 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Yeah thanks. I have a busy week this week so chapter 6 may take a little longer to write, plus I have to think about what time frame I'll be using. Should I skip forward six months to when Will steps on land or should I map out the next six months for each character. *lightbulb goes on* I could ... do Norrington's story. *wanders off babling ideaas, while the rest of her family watch in shock and call for a shrink*
Old July 2nd, 2007, 03:31 AM
bluepuff_2

Wow... I just read the whole story up through chapter 5, and I have to say that it is amazing!! I love it! Can't wait for you to write the next part. And I really loved your other story too... Great writing!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:25 AM
besotted with buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate-x-Girls View Post
*wanders off babling ideaas, while the rest of her family watch in shock and call for a shrink*
hahaah yeah i know that feeling. Good to see Norrie, though I never quite took to him until his dying scene turn around.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

He he. I didn't either especially when he kissed Elizabeth. But now I like him a bit more and thought he deserved to be in the story. I'm also surprised that I'm not ina mental institution now wearing a straight jacket.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Lilith

I LOVE THIS FIC!!!!!! yo're absolutely the best...in this chapter Will is angry and sad at the same time...i can always imagine every scene!!!! thnaks a lot
Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
roseofportroyal

aww! I missed norrington! This is a good story. I like it but its so sad! Very good though. keep up the good work! poor Will someone should go comfort him. I'l do it!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

You'll have to get in line. Behind me! I elect myself official Wil comforter. It'll be hard work I know but I'm willing to slave away to make sure that he's not sad anymore. Maybe I'll get a reward
Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
White Masque

I adore dear William, but you are the author, you shall comfort him. Can I go comfort Jack then? What can I say? I love Johnny Depp!
Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

He's all yours. Just remember to hide the tomatoes, they may make him jittery. After his last enounter with them he may have developed nervous twitch or something. Lol *goes back to the hard but very rewarding task of comforting sad lonely (sexy) Will*
Old July 3rd, 2007, 12:44 AM
Elizabeth Turner

great job. you should put something in the story like that they have a fall out then will thinks about it, then he comes back 10 years later (again) tries to go make up with elizabeth. then it would be too late because she's moved on to jack sparrow, then she decides that she can't live on with jack then goes back to will.
I'm just saying some thoughts, maybe give you an idea. lol.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:29 AM
White Masque

*grins* Thank you! *throws tomato over shoulder so as not to make him nervous* Jack! *walks off to find Jack and give him some consoling words* Jack Sparrow...er, Captain I mean! lol
Old July 4th, 2007, 02:26 AM
Elizabeth Turner

i was wondering.
how many chapters are you going to have? i'm not saying you should stop. i like your work very much so. ^_^
Old July 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

I don't know yet I'm just making it up as I go along. Your ideas are great but I was thinking of having the curse so that WIll could come on land after ten years of sevice like it is in the film. you should put those ideas in a fanfic of your own!
Old July 4th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Elizabeth Turner

well i wasn't saying that you had to lift the curse
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Seduced

oh please oh please!!!

I only just read this story tonight, from start to fi-- well, where you left off, and I am begging you, you have to finish this! The way the movie ended left me crazy, even with the thing after the credits. This was so nice to come across, and I think your ideas for continuing this are amazing! Like someone posted earlier it's almost like POTC 4! So please, continue!!!

Cheryl

(And give this to Will from me. )

Last edited by Seduced; July 5th, 2007 at 04:14 AM.
Old July 5th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Thanks for your comment! I'm writing chapter 6 and it should be up by the end of the week!
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Here's chapter 6. It took longer to write than the others. Enjoy!

Title: Alone: Chapter 6
Author: Pirate-x-Girls
Disclaimer: All ideas and characters are Disney’s
Category: Pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 3
Type: adventure, romance
ating: Pre teen
Characters: Elizabeth Swann, Will Junior, Jack Sparrow, Gibbs, Will Turner, James Norrington
Brief Summary: It’s nine years since Will left and Elizabeth is reflecting on her relationship with Will and Jack, the mistakes she’s made and her son

Chapter 6
Will opened his eyes, and immediately closed them again. A thin ray of light was coming in through a crack in the shutter and falling on his face. His head pounded and even the small chink of light hurt his eyes. Finally he opened his eyes and squinted. He was lying in a hammock in a small cabin, he sat up and winced as the pain in his head flared up again. He rubbed his head and gingerly got to his feet. The room spun in his eyes and he had to sit back down quickly. He groaned and clutched at his head, it felt as if there was someone hammering away on the inside of his skull. After a few minutes he felt ready to try again. He slowly pushed himself to his feet. He swayed slightly but was able to find his feet after a few confused seconds. He tottered to the door and groped around for the handle, he found it and the door opened. He stumbled out onto the deck; he managed to make it to the side of the ship before being violently sick. As he wiped his mouth, he vowed that he would never drink again. He slid down and sat amongst the ropes and crates that littered the deck. He closed his eyes and tried not to think about how the rocking of the ship was probably going to make him sick again.

James Norrington watched Will as he stumbled around the deck. He sighed and dumped his mop in the bucket of water. As he swabbed the deck he looked up at the sky. The storm that had been wreaking havoc a couple of nights before had completely disappeared, the sun was shinning and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. He looked back at Will and saw that he had fallen asleep leaning against the side of the ship. Norrington stabbed the mop down and mopped the deck fiercely. He looked back at Will; this wasn’t the lowly blacksmith from Port Royal. He’s changed since those days. James had to, and as he carried on cleaning he wondered how the hell he’d got here as well.

The sun is shinning, the streets of Port Royal are busy with the working class. He’s walking down the street, being careful to avoid the filth that lines the gutter. Everywhere he looks people are avoiding his eye. He sighs. It’s a nice feeling to have authority, but not so nice when the people you try and protect can’t even met your eye. He turns into the next street, the blacksmiths sign is swinging in the breeze halfway down the street. Elizabeth is standing outside the door, he opens his mouth to call a greeting, but the call dies in his throat as the door opens and Will Turner steps out. James watches as he takes Elizabeth is his arms and kisses her. As he watched her pressing herself against him he felt the emotions that he’d been trying to hide surface. As she winds her arms round Will’s neck and whispers in his ear James feel his heart breaking in two. He turned on his heel and marched away back up the street. As he walked he felt the tears pricking at his eyes, threatening to spill onto his cheeks. He wiped them away with the back of his hand and carried on walking.

Even now James felt a pang of heartache as he recalled this memory. In the weeks after Elizabeth had chosen Will he had spent days hoping that she would come back to him. But as the days turned into weeks he realised the he’d kidded himself that she had ever loved him. He should have realised that she only accepted his proposal when he agreed to rescue Will. It still plagued him when he lay alone in the dark over how stupid he had been. After he had accepted that she wasn’t coming back to him he had drowned his sorrows in his work as he always had and focused his energy on catching Jack Sparrow.

The rain lashes down from the heaven, threatening to unbalance him as he stands on the deck of his ship. All around him his crew are struggling to keep his ship afloat. He knows that he shouldn’t sail through the hurricane but the Pearl was so close that he could see it on the horizon and nothing could stop him from reaching his goal. Even as he’s thinking this he hears a creaking above him, he looks up to see men scrambling down the rigging as fast as they can.
“IT’S CRACKING!” one of them screamed, “the mast is cracking!” his eyes widen in shock as suddenly the mast begins to tip, he throws himself out of the way as it comes crashing down. The force of the impact throws him and the rest of the crewmembers from the ship. As the salt water fills his mouth and makes him choke he prays that he will survive, he watches his ship sink to the depths of the ocean in disbelief. He grabbed hold of a near by piece of driftwood and prayed that he and his crew would be delivered safely.

James finished the deck and chucked his mop on top of the bucket, he leant against the railing and stared out to sea. He’d loved the sea ever since he’d been a young boy and now here he was sailing the seas forever. The hurricane had been a mistake, that much was certain. But then he’d had the chance to redeem himself, gain back some of the life he’d lost. Something Jack had said to him rang in his ears.
"Ah, the dark side of ambition.”
“Oh I prefer to look at it as the promise of redemption.” He’d replied. Even now he could still question his motives, was it the redemption he had seeked, or ambition. He slammed his fist onto the wood and cursed Jack Sparrow, he always managed to confuse James.
He thought about his so-called ‘redemption’, he’d even failed at that. He’d allowed Governor Swann to die. The look of disgust on Elizabeth’s face when she had looked at him aboard the Empress had cut his heart like a knife, in that moment he had wished that he could just lay down and die. He’d never dreamed that his wish would have been answered so soon. He remembered the feel of Elizabeth’s lips on his just before he died. He’d never told Will about that and didn’t plan to. As he’d lain there he’d not been worried for himself, but for Elizabeth, his last thought before he left the world of the living was to pray for her safety.

He floats in the icy cold water. Just floating, in his mind he revels in all the horrific crimes he committed while he was alive. All the men, pirates, that he had killed came back to haunt him. Their deaths replayed a thousand times. Sometimes he wants to scream but he can’t. he wants to cover his eyes and his ears to block out the screaming but he can’t a hidden force binds him to endure this terrible torture. Faces from his past swim in his mind. Elizabeth, Will, Governor Swann, Lord Cutler Beckett, Jack Sparrow.
All around him are the spirits of the others who have died at sea. With no one to ferry them to the next world they just float aimlessly along. He can’t see them as such. Where he is he can’t see anything. But he can sense them all around him. Each soul locked in their own private chamber of torture. But aware that they are not alone.
He had no idea how long he floated. Time was no issue in Davy Jones’ Locker. But then came the time when he felt himself being hauled upwards. He broke the surface of the water and took a deep breath. He was still dead but fresh air had never tasted so sweet. He was pulled into a rowing boat and soon was being rowed towards a ship. He looked around, and then at himself. He expected to be soaking wet, but he was bone dry and dressed in the Admiral’s clothes that he had died in. In the boat with him is a man, he looks vaguely familiar but he can’t place is face.
They reach the ship and without a word the crewmember helps him onboard. He joins a long line of people and slowly shuffles forward. Each person in front of him is being checked and cleared. He hears the clunk of feet on wood as someone comes striding along the deck. He lowers his head and closes his eyes. He’s here, the final stage of death. He hears low voices few metres away and raises his head. A man is standing near him with his back to him. Again there’s something familiar that he can’t place. Then the man turns round and he gives a gasp of recognition. It’s Will Turner. The blacksmith. Will hears the gasp and he walks down the line. He sees James and his eyes go wide. He stops and stares, his mouth opened and closed. Then he smiled.
“Surprise.” He said. James is unable to speak. Finally he manages to form words.
“Wha…ho…why…what is going on?!” he stuttered. Will smiled.
“Death’s a funny thing.” He commented dryly. “You think that life can throw nothing more at you, them BAM, there you are.” He smiled tightly and leaned forward.
“Tell me James Norrington, do you fear death?” he said and sounded so much like Davy Jones that James had to take a step back. The moment passé through and Will leaned back again. “Well?” he said, arching an eyebrow. James swallows hard.
“I do fear death. More than anything.” He said, his voice barely above a whisper. Will smiled again and stroked his chin.
“Well. If you fear it that much, I’m sure we can find some sort of job for you.” He turned.
“Mr Turner!” he called.
“Aye Captain.” Came the reply. A man pushed his way to the front of the people and watched Will.
“Get this man below deck and give a change of clothes.”
“Aye Captain.” The man said and turned to face James. Then he freezes. His eyes widen and he swallows hard.
“You…?!” he croaked. James studies the man closely. Then it comes back to him. The sword piercing his flesh. By this man’s hand. He wants to press the issue but Will is looking at them strangely so he shrugs and walks past the man.

In the months following that encounter James had learned of what had happened after he had died. He found out about the defeat of the East India Trading Company. When he found out that Elizabeth had indeed married Will he felt his throat constrict and his breath catch in his mouth. Will never mentioned his death but Bootstrap Bill Turner filled James in with what happened. After this James looked at Will with a newfound respect, he’d sacrificed everything, even his life for the woman he loved. James wished that he could have had the same opportunity but knew that he never would.

keep commenting A.N: this chapter with Norrington was dedicated to White Masque and Nuit who like him so much!!!
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
bluepuff_2

OMG! I'm so excited to read this, I wish I had time right now, but I don't! I just noticed a new post on the thread and thought...maybe. I'm off to the cabin for the day, but I'll be looking for to reading it tonight! yay!
Old July 5th, 2007, 06:27 PM
White Masque

Wonderful Norrington chapter! Again it felt so realistic! I could hear Jack Davenport say those lines, and it made complete sense with the storyline. You're a marvel at doing this! Bravo!
Old July 5th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Lilith

wonderful!!! i really love your pic....and Will post-drunk is soo fun!!!
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Elizabeth Turner

i loved this part. telling how he came to be part of the duchman.
^_^ i love your stories