Go Back   Orlando Love > Announcements > Board Announcements

Old September 3rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
In Valinor

Moving the Board!

Hello members!

Serein and I started this board over 7 years ago as part of an outgrowth of my archive site. Many of you may not know us since we have not been active on the board for a few years due to work and other real life priorities. We've enjoyed the many good times and survived the not so good.

A few years ago we turned over day to day administration to our wonderful nuit and she and her team have done a fantastic job keeping this board all about Orlando Love! The transition was seamless and we could not have been happier.

Now it is time for Serein and I to turn over ownership of this board to nuit and officially retire. We may visit now and again (especially when The Hobbit is released!) so this isn't really goodbye.

So to mark this change, we are moving the board to a new URL next weekend. That means the board will no longer be hosted on my elflady.com domain or server but will be its own independent site owned by nuit! We felt that was more appropriate since Orlando Love has been her's for the last few years anyway.

Okay...so what will happen during the change? You can follow progress on the board's Live Journal comm, OL Forum, or Twitter. Then once the move is complete, we will have a redirect form the old URL to the new one so you won't have to remember anything new. Then once you're viewing the board at the new URL, just bookmark!

Now, let's just hope Serein and I don't mess up the move!

Anyway, be seeing you all soon and take care!

Serein and Elf Lady
Old September 3rd, 2011, 08:01 PM
Orliperve Extraordinaire

We will make sure to carry on the board in the spirit Elflady and Serein have started it.
We're excited about the move and hope all will work out fine.

I would like to say, again, thank you to El for your tremendous generosity all these years in keeping this place. You have no idea how much joy a whole bunch of Orlando fans have gotten from being here. It is a home for quite a few, I know for certain, including myself. And then I haven't even mentioned all the wonderful friendships that have formed along the way.
So a big big .
I'm a bit sad to see the era come to an end, but also excited to continue the board with the wonderful Nuit and the rest of the team.
Dedicated to Orlando, the one who brought us all together.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
at worlds end and beyond

I second what Tonny has said...

This place was, is and always will be my "second home", it means a lot personally. I am very happy to still be here and be part of the change too

thank you EL and Serein ...
Old September 3rd, 2011, 10:38 PM
Dreamer

Thanks EL and Serein for creating OL and allowing it to continue on at a new home.

When I first joined I never would have thought that six years on I would have made so many amazing friends and have met so many of them in person.

OL is entering a new era and it is good to be a part of it. I certainly hope that we see you both once the Hobbit is released.

Signature and Icon by Erendira
**Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club**
Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:37 PM
Lost in Kelly Country

Thank you EL and Serein for giving us this place. A lot of people have come and gone over the years but enduring friendships have been formed across the globe. It's nice to know OL will still be there, continuing to be the friendly and welcoming place we members have always been proud to be associated with. A huge thank you to Nuit and her team for keeping things going and for continuing to look after the board in the future.

My beautiful avi and sig by the lovely Lola, thank you!
Old September 4th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Photo Fanatic

Nuit, you know you have my love and support and that you have always done a fantastic job continuing OL in the wake of EL and Serein's departure from the everyday running of the site. You deserve every accolade for your handling of all the emotional gamut such a site engenders. You certainly deserve the confidence EL shows in handing over OL to you.

I will personally miss EL and Serein, since it was their invitation back in February 2004 which brought me to OL. I have had the wonderful experience of meeting them and have enjoyed their friendship for many years. I hope they will continue to drop in here and say hello.
Old September 4th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

THANK YOU!!! for this awesome board. been here for 6 years or so and it has been wonderfull! A very warm place where we share our interest in Orlando! I'm not very active here but still here!!

@Nuit: You did and do a great job here and wishing you all the best with this place.....it's a special one! Thanks sweety!
Old September 4th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Pervy Picture Handler

Thank you Elflady and Serein for creating this wonderful place, a second home, and maintaining it for so many years - we indeed have come a long way!
I'll certainly will miss you and I'm looking forward to seeing you when The Hobbit is out! XXX

Thank you also to Nuit, you're doing a fantastic job here!

This will be the start of a new era - and I'm very excited about it!

~ Naz ~

Orlando's Queen of Pixels. - Naz's Gallery - LJ
Old September 4th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Elf and Serein.. .what can I say??? I only can show my gratefulness. You have made our lives different in some ways. This has been -and it will go on being- a wonderful place. Thanks for all the good things you have given to me, wonderful friendships included. And for that especially. I have got amazing things because you were there, because you decided to create this place. I wish you the best, the very best of luck. I am proud of you both. I am grateful for ever and ever.
Old September 5th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Thank you Elflady and Serein for making such great place that orlando fans can come to! I have made so many wonderful friends here on Orlandolove and feel that this is my other 'home'. All the best to you both and hope to see you around!
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Passionately Enthralled

I totally endorse what has been said. Thank you so much for creating this wonderful place, Elflady and Serein Its like a second home for me, too,and Ive made some wonderful friendships here.

And also a big thank you to Nuit and Tonny who continue this board. Im very excited about the new start.

Icon and sig by me. Thanks Kat and Lola for the tuts
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Utterly Obsessed

Thank you Serein and Elflady. I'll miss you.
And thank you Nuit , Tonny and the team to continue this board.
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Congratulions Nuit, I know you will run the forum with fairness, diplomacy and style, I canmot think of any one better for Elf Lady and Serien to hand ovr to. Much love and blessings for the future.

sig by Nenya Thanks so much....
Leaf-You are everything to me
Old September 5th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Adoring

TU Elflady and Serein for all the wonderful hours you gyve to me trough
this board and best wishes for all others to continue with that place
Love Gerli

Sig by my daughter!
Old September 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Thank you El and Serein .This board has become a second home with friends all around the world . You will be missed please drop in from time to time.

sig by erendira :)
Old September 5th, 2011, 05:49 PM
besotted with buttons

Thank you all for being here, the members of OL ARE the Board- those in colours and those who also spend time and effort here, chatting, posting pictures, venturing opinions, sharing stories and all that. It has been a long long time since my first venture into the internet when I found this place and I have always been grateful and slightly in awe of EL and Serein. I couldn't quite believe it that I could be considered capable of being a mod. So yeah, I am sad to see the ending of an era but it is just time I guess.

The other mods and helpers, Tonny as Admin alongside me, are awesome. To be honest this is about a team and we will do our very best to carry on with the spirit of OL as they started it. That means providing a place for those people who want to celebrate Orlando, in what ever way, to come play and be a part of the community.

I wish EL and Serein all the best in making the move happen and in what they do next. Love to you both.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Aint no other man but you

I came late to OL and didn't get a chance to know EL and Serein but I am thankful to them for creating this wonderful place

Nuit, you and Tonny and all of the mods do a great job and I know OL will continue to be a fun place to talk about and get updates on everything Orlando and make great friends.

Gorgeous signature by my friend Erendira
Old September 5th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Alive...and kicking

If I'd say that to be part of this board has change my life,you could think that I'm exagerating....but is nothing but the truth.The real friendship that I found here is a treasure that I'll keep for life.I crossed the world to meet my friends and had wonderful experiences in beautiful countries I always dreamt to know...and it be continued..now that bunch of wonderful women are part of my life,and I'm part of theirs.
So THANK YOU for create this wonderful place and take care of it for so long.I myself will keep doing my best for help in the new stage,putting all my love and care as I do here.
Endless thanks to you EL and Serein,and it would be an honour and a pleasure to see you more often in the new Orlando Love.

Old September 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM
It's in his eyes...

Thank you so much EL and Serein for creating this wonderful place! You will be missed! Been here for many years and I always felt home.

Nuit, you and the mods are doing fantastic work here, thank you for that!

Good luck with the move!

Siggy and avi made by Mirk! Icon made by Mata!
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Like CD said, I joined OLove quite late and never had the opportunity to get to know ElfLady or Serein "personally" - unless reading older posts or the few current ones lately. Still, I notice your decision to hand over the board with tears in my eyes. You both created a site which is outstanding in regard of your spirit in behalf of Orlando's privacy, his persona and everything. The respect for Orlando as well as us members here among each other has always been exceptionally commendable. And this, we all have to also thank Nuit and the moderator-team for. EL and Serein, thank you for having created such a great forum. I deeply regret that I haven't become a member much earlier, although I had spent almost two years visiting your forum as a guest before.

And Nuit, congratulations on having gotten the chance to take over the reins here. I'm sure you will do a fantastic job and carry on EL's and Serein's work with just the same dignity.
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Gone bush!

Has sure been a long time but thank you to EL & Serein for creating OL so we all had somewhere to go to celebrate Orlando in every way possible & make fabulous friends on the way! Is something to be proud of

Thanks to Nuit & the rest of the team for all their hard work & who I know will do a fantastic job at keeping OL going in the same spirit.
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Imagination Rules!

Everything that i wanted to say has been said so eloquently before me. Still, I need to say thanks for creating a truly special place, thanks for your time and effort and dedication, thanks to Nuit and Tonny and the other mods for their unflinching and tireless work to keep our little special world alive and thriving and I wish nothing more than for it to continue, bringing us all closer together and providing a place that we can support Orlando and each other in this Friendom. True and long lasting friendships have been made, lives have been changed, souls have been supported - the best kind of fandom. You should be proud of what you have created, and those who have come after should be applauded and thanked for all they have done and continue to do. It is such a pleasure to sign in and see my 'friends' here daily and to have the incredible chance to meet up around the world as we have over the years. Very special and nothing like it - thanks and long may it continue xxxx

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Utterly Obsessed

Stormdancer, you've said it all brilliantly so I'll just say 1) What she said! ; 2) Thank you so very much for Orlando Love Serein and Elf Lady and 3) Lots of luck to you Nuit.
Old September 6th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Kali_kartheiser

Aww...

I'm an old member too and just as you had no time for this site in a long while,I just have updates on my e-mail now and then.
It is sad that life is moving on, we should stay forever back in 2006LOL

do I have to sign up somewhere else?
Old September 7th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Totally Gob Smacked

Wow... what news to try and absorb! Everyone has posted so eloquently... I'm not sure I can express the same sentiments any differently. I also came on board after Elf Lady and Serein's reign. To say "thank you" for what you initially created here seems like it is not enough. The atmosphere of respect and friendliness that I have found here is still unmatched in my web experiences. To the moderating team headed by Nuit and Tonny, I again pledge and reaffirm my support for keeping OL the wonderful place that it has always been.

Hey! after all... it is just a new address... the whole OL family will be moving along too.

Please know that everyone here has my heartfelt and sincere appreciation for your efforts and sharing your talents. THANK YOU.