Go Back   Orlando Love > Middle-earth and Beyond > Other Movies and TV shows

Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:23 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Prometheus

This is Ridley Scott going back to Sci-fi, in a movie which itīs plot is very secretive, but has a great production and writers behind. It is sort of said that it is a kind of prequel to Alien, but it could expand that universe.

Here is the full PROMETHEUS TRAILER

Iīm eager to see it because I like this thematic and because it has Noomie Rapace doing what it seems to be another badass character and she was amazing in the original Millennium Trilogy.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
In Love

I'm looking forward to this too Aquilah! I finally saw the original Alien film a couple of years ago and it kept me frightened for days afterward. Thanks for posting the extended trailer... it looks very interesting. Also, Michael Fassbender is in it!
Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:47 PM
Alive...and kicking

WOOOOW!! looking forward to see this one...it looks very interesting indeed...
Thanks Aquilah...and I'm with you,Noomi Rapace is just perfect in the Millenium trilogy...why Hollywood have to do its own version...wasn't the original one good enough?

Old March 24th, 2012, 12:34 AM
at worldīs end and beyond

cannot wait for this film neither... Alien directed by Ridley was the best of the saga, and I am sure this is going to be surreal . Also love the creepy look these films have, thanks to the creepy mind of H.R. Giger
Old March 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by erendira
I'm with you,Noomi Rapace is just perfect in the Millenium trilogy...why Hollywood have to do its own version...wasn't the original one good enough?
I was wondering the same, the thing about US’ version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is that it was successful in US but it didnīt do much than the original version outside and the trilogy did really really well worldwide but not so much in US. Ironically enough I think that if you gather the two GWTDT movies, it would be the perfect book adaptation, but Noomi Rapace had a screen presence that was amazing and you could see she put her body through the ringer to make those films, not just dying and cutting her hair or getting piercings.

But going back to topic, this movie (Prometheus) has a great cast, has great visuals and like Nel said, Scottīs Alien movie was the best of the saga, so I bet it is a sure thing that this film will be as great as the original.

Ps: Nel, too bad we live far away, because this is a movie it would be so cool to go watch together!!
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilah View Post
I was wondering the same, the thing about US’ version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is that it was successful in US but it didnīt do much than the original version outside and the trilogy did really really well worldwide but not so much in US. Ironically enough I think that if you gather the two GWTDT movies, it would be the perfect book adaptation, but Noomi Rapace had a screen presence that was amazing and you could see she put her body through the ringer to make those films, not just dying and cutting her hair or getting piercings.

But going back to topic, this movie (Prometheus) has a great cast, has great visuals and like Nel said, Scottīs Alien movie was the best of the saga, so I bet it is a sure thing that this film will be as great as the original.

Ps: Nel, too bad we live far away, because this is a movie it would be so cool to go watch together!!
ooh thatīwould be great, uh? great to know you like those films too, they are the only ones of the horror/scifi genre I enjoy watching
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
On a Yellow Slide

Ooooh I'm really looking forward to this one but I have to tell you girls you are quite wrong, Aliens was absolutely the best of those movies. Possibly I am swayed by the crush I had on Hicks. I'm not a horror movie fan but I do love my sci-fi...I remember seeing Aliens in the theater and having alien nightmares afterwards for quite some time. I'm chuffed that Michael Fassbender is in this one, I think he's marvelous!

Shameless Middle Earth Hussy #1 *addictive avi by the lovely (and evil) Serein*
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Passionately Enthralled

Just when I thought there was all I could see about this film before seeing it on the big screen, they release this 3 minutes trailer and it is amazing!!

Prometheus - trailer # 3

Old May 16th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Alive...and kicking

Holy sh!t...I'm seing this for sure...hope it won't disapoint me...
Thank you Aquilah darling...

Old May 18th, 2012, 11:32 PM

GASP!! teerrrrriiiifiiiic!!!

I am mad for those starships!! *__*

Last edited by Neldorwen; May 18th, 2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old May 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Imagination Rules!

Been looking forward to this one for awhile - love me some great Sci-Fi above all other genres! Bring it on I say!

Befriend many, Trust few, Harm none.
Imagination is the Key to all Wonder
** Proud Member of the Special K Breakfast Club **
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:05 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldorwen View Post
GASP!! teerrrrriiiifiiiic!!!

I am mad for those starships!! *__*
Gah!! Aren't they fantastic looking?

Old June 26th, 2012, 01:40 AM
On a Yellow Slide

Yes-the ships look great. The movie, not so much. *sigh* It wasn't a bad movie and the special effects were fab, but I wouldn't put it on par with Alien or Aliens. I had high hopes for this one, too. *pouts* The main problems I had with Prometheus are...

Spoiler

Old June 27th, 2012, 06:39 AM
In Love

I agree Llyneth. It wasn't bad, it was just all right. The script and dialogue seemed really simplistic and cheesy at times. Michael Fassbender was amazing in it though.... I think he stole the show!
Old June 27th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Passionately Enthralled

I liked the film!!!

it was entertaining and Iīm glad at last there was a strong female character out there, both Michael and Noomi were amazing!!

sure the movie has its plot holes, but I blame it on the writer, one of them was the LOST writer and just like that series, too many things that donīt make sense, but overall the film was entertaining.
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:37 AM
In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilah View Post
....sure the movie has its plot holes, but I blame it on the writer, one of them was the LOST writer and just like that series, too many things that donīt make sense....
Oh gosh, that explains A LOT lol

(I got so confused and irritated with LOST that I quit watching it halfway through the 3rd season.... I think even the writers got confused about all the stuff they threw in!)

Does anyone know if there will be a sequel?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:23 AM
On a Yellow Slide

They certainly left it open for a sequel, didn't they? I blame the writing too; I think the cast did well with what they were given, it's just that too much of it was not logical. *quirks a Spock eyebrow*