Go Back   Orlando Love > Movies and Stage > Pirates of the Caribbean

Old October 8th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Jenni

Pansexual: Exhibiting or suggesting a sexuality that has many different forms, objects, and outlets.

I think Jack Sparrow's sexuality is anything you wish it would be.

Well done, Johnny!
Old October 8th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Passionate about the Elf

Well, he sure does love his rum..

Mirk
Old October 8th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Malene

And his Pearl...
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Elven Queen in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malene View Post
And his Pearl...
Is that what they call it now?
Old October 9th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Malene

Old October 9th, 2007, 08:01 AM
legilulu

Nowadays I think everything is about sex, or sexuality...I do not care if Jack Sparrow a gay or not...as he mentioned one time "Will have to do sex with his dog if he wants to know something" (it was between the extras on the DVD, I can't remember all the lines...sorry) I believe it in that manner a joke was done all of the sex question.
I loved Johnny as Jack, or Jack as Johnny if he gay or not...he was brilliant!

Last edited by legilulu; October 9th, 2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 06:35 AM
Awaiting a warrior prince

Well have you ever thought how often he got in everone's personal space?? But seriously what difference does it make what his sexuality is?
As for Captain Jack Sparrow his only love was Captain Jack Sparrow!

He runs like "kermit on crack" Did anyone ever see the episode of friends when Phoebe went jogging? I always thought he stole her run!!!

hahahaha

But seriously Jack and Will would be sexy together!!! if you want 2 hot men together!!!!
swoonnnnnnnnnnnnn

snoey
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Madly, Truly, Deeply in Love

Well smallville78 probably didn't mean anything by it and I think we all agree that it is "just Jack"( I don't think so....it IS JACK!! ) and he sure can run to me any time! .....as long as he does it........ I don't care how he does it!!!!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
Passionately Enthralled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaU View Post
He's ambiguous and eccentric - He'd Jack Sparrow, Captain Jack Sparrow. More than that... does it really matter? It's what we love about him.
ditto that!
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:08 PM
a pirate's life for me...

?? about something said in PotC2

This may have been asked before, but I've looked and can't find anything about it. In DMC, when Beckett has Will in his office telling him that he wants Will to get the compass, Beckett makes a comment about he and Jack leaving marks on each other. I know that Beckett branded Jack with a "P" on his arm, but does anyone know what mark Jack left on Beckett?
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:21 AM
DirrtyXtina87

I've been wondering about that too. I just always assumed that Beckett was a eunuch and that that's the 'mark' Jack left on him.
Old November 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM

I didn't think about that....
Old November 8th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Not having anything concrete to go by, my mind just tried to fill in the blanks. I have imagined that Jack left his mark on Beckett by his famous escape from "before the very eyes" of the East India Trading Company. Elizabeth mentions it when she and Jack are marooned in COTBP. Maybe Beckett caught H__ from his bosses when Jack escaped. Maybe????
Old November 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM
JenTurner

Alas, we have nothing in cannon that explains the mark Jack left on Beckett...There have been many rumors, suggestions, etc...One thing that people have assumed, as DirrtyXtina suggested, is Beckett is a eunuch.

Some other tidbits I find interesting-some backstory here, that I have read...Remember in DMC, at the end, after Liz leaves Jack to the Kraken and they are in the swamp going back to see Tia Dalma? Notice the people in the swamp? Notice the people are all crying? One theory I have heard is that they are all slaves that Jack freed, and Beckett was none too pleased..Interesting, to be sure! But alas, again nothing cannon in DMC or AWE to support any theory or rumor that has been discussed.
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:13 PM

very interesting.....thanks for the info....
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:16 PM
In Love

You can leave a mark on some one without leaving a mark......Maybe because of Jack escaping his reputation was shot? That can leave a mark on a very proud man...

Just thinking along....
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireth View Post
You can leave a mark on some one without leaving a mark......Maybe because of Jack escaping his reputation was shot? That can leave a mark on a very proud man...

Just thinking along....
you know what...that sounds like a reasonable answer....I didn't think of it that way either. for some reason, I was thinking physical (mark that is ) and not emotional or career damaging......thanks!
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:13 PM
besotted with buttons

yeah I took it to mean that Jack had had an impact on Beckett, that they had crossed swords before
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenTurner View Post

Some other tidbits I find interesting-some backstory here, that I have read...Remember in DMC, at the end, after Liz leaves Jack to the Kraken and they are in the swamp going back to see Tia Dalma? Notice the people in the swamp? Notice the people are all crying? One theory I have heard is that they are all slaves that Jack freed, and Beckett was none too pleased..Interesting, to be sure! But alas, again nothing cannon in DMC or AWE to support any theory or rumor that has been discussed.
I read that too, though is pure supposition, but I like that idea and it fits perfectly. I read a novel about Anne Bonny and Mary Read once where they did that, the pirates took over the slave ships and freed the slaves. is a good thought

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Malene

Jack probably got the best of Beckett once,made him lose his cool and lose face.It seems very important to Beckett to be in total control,so that's my guess.
Jack is,for all his charms to the movie audience who adore him,sometimes very irritating to his surroundings.Every single one of the other characters are mad at him more than once.
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenTurner View Post
Alas, we have nothing in cannon that explains the mark Jack left on Beckett...There have been many rumors, suggestions, etc...One thing that people have assumed, as DirrtyXtina suggested, is Beckett is a eunuch.

I don't agree with the "eunuch" theory. I think Beckett had eyes for Elizabeth!
Old November 8th, 2007, 11:21 PM
JenTurner

Oh, I dont agree with the eunuch theory either, I think most people just threw it out there to be funny.
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:51 AM
DirrtyXtina87

Just because a man's a eunuch doesn't mean he's dead.
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:48 AM
besotted with buttons

hahaha yes not everything in life revolves around THAT.

Sig and avatar by Erendira Larrikin Mary- Joe Byrne Fan Fiction
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Totally Gob Smacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirrtyXtina87 View Post
Just because a man's a eunuch doesn't mean he's dead.
Ha ha! Ya got me there. Even a eunuch would have eyes for Elizabeth.
Old November 15th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Utterly Obsessed

Him and Jack had a relationship and Jack left Beckett. Emoitional scars that would never be mentioned in a Disney film.

Somebody listen to the commentary and see what they say.